Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:09:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA is the next big thing  (Read 45349 times)
CptThomas13

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:43:02 AM

Yes, agree there are many innovative features will take place in IOTA block chain but for everything we have to wait because good things will always takes time to develop.Already IOTA has secured significant position in the crypto market.Although it has a low price now, I think it has a great potential for the future. I hope we can see more innovative coins like IOTA in the cryptocurrency world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HeptaCoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:38:06 PM

All coins are flying on the same plane and Bitcoin sentiment is, unfortunately, at the controls. As altitude gets lower I expect some good projects will decouple from btc and then parachute safely to land, and then the quality ones will fly off on their own. Good news for quality coins like IOTA, but to fly off without being held down by bitcoin requires hitting the ground first, and a parachute will avoid getting splatted. Iota has a parachute, but most cryptos don't. Stay calm bro, brace for impact, head down.  Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed
poncik

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:38:24 PM

IOTA has some unique features, and I think that makes it a really innovative altcoin. I think it is a very promising altcoin and  in my opinion, it has a huge potential to reach a  great price, popularity and volume in the future.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 12:23:32 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2018, 01:20:59 AM by generalizethis

Dom speaking at EY "Entrepreneur of the Year" event:  https://www.ey.com/gl/en/about-us/entrepreneurship/entrepreneur-of-the-year/world-entrepreneur-of-the-year---speakers

ludmilawolff

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:02:40 AM

Positive news about IOTA keeps coming. I believe that this year will be good for IOTA. The project is already strong. The market is going well. I think it's worth investing.Of course I also invested. I am looking forward to my winnings in 2019
anggurMerah

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:15:37 AM

I have long purchased IOTA, I believe that this year we will finally see a good growth.

I think so too! This is the very first coin I invested in December! She has a very cool idea! I think everything will be fine later on in this project! Smiley
Yes of course everything will be fine and in this year I'm sure will be a lot of surprises on IOTA. Yes, I believe that this IOTA coin will reach a very high price this year and is worthy of being a long-term investment asset. I can not wait to see the surprise at the end of this year.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 06:36:38 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2018, 08:34:58 AM by generalizethis

Edward Greve presenting at Computex (live): https://m.twitch.tv/computex

Recording: https://m.twitch.tv/videos/270284944?t=04h26m00s

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 12:13:05 PM

Dom at Cebit on the 12th in a panel for VW's Future Mobility initiative: https://www.cebit.de/event/blockchain-in-future-mobility/PAN/88225

coconutter

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:58:25 PM

IOTA will always be the best coin for speculation purposes because it has already been hyped a lot during the last few months, but in terms of "real" product, they are still not able to deliver one yet.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 01:42:44 PM

IOTA will always be the best coin for speculation purposes because it has already been hyped a lot during the last few months, but in terms of "real" product, they are still not able to deliver one yet.

They've been making feeless tx for years, so that's better than most cryptos, which charge you for the priveledge of enriching miners. But as far as POCs with actual companies building protypes to work in the real world, IOTA is ahead of everyone, including ETH and BTC--you could probaly add up every POC for every coin and IOTA would still be ahead by a large margin. I don't mind your statement in a vaccuum, as there's a long way to go for IOTA to reach its goal of becoming an IOT standard, but when you fail to mention the competition isn't doing any better, you are making a convient double standard.

Cursedworm

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:04:29 PM

Hi all,

There is a Telegram official IOST channel with ¬30K members at the moment (channel created in April already)

And promoted selfdrop to funds IOST projects. I checked reddit, IOST, google and haven`t found anything suspicious.
Therefore I send there ETH but have not received IOST tokens back.

Is it a scam or tokens will be distributed later?

Thanks!!!
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:36:54 PM

i think iota will start going down because there are so many alternative projects like iota are upcoming. there are even some icos now ongoing about internet of things. And hdac is about to join to exchanges as well.

turn the page
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 05:49:27 PM

Hi all,

There is a Telegram official IOST channel with ¬30K members at the moment (channel created in April already)

And promoted selfdrop to funds IOST projects. I checked reddit, IOST, google and haven`t found anything suspicious.
Therefore I send there ETH but have not received IOST tokens back.

Is it a scam or tokens will be distributed later?

Thanks!!!

No clue what IOST is, you should probably ask in one of their threads if they have one.

efecanhll

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:17:07 PM

Excited to see how IOTA will develop in the future. I guess this one is a long-term hold that you can safely forget about and have some nice surprise 2 or 3 years later.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 04:26:54 AM

blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:38:48 AM

Maybe you have read some of my calls before. My last call was on ZENcash: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2078049.0

It was a month or two before ZENcash mooned, while all other alts doomed. No I am not a member of a pumpgroup, not a prophet or a great trader, nor do I like P&D of garbage and scammy coins which have no future. Some people have written me PMs and asking for advice, so I decided to write my next advice here for everybody. I do not have many time and also not many advices, because I think that most coins out there are useless or do not have what it needs to be successful long term.

I am just an investor who is longer in this field and doing deep research, taking a position in cryptocurrencies before others do. A position from which one I can hodl long term and with a lot of patience.
If you take your time to intensively screen through the mass of projects you will see that many of them are without value, with no development, copycats, no problems they can solve or they do solve problems which could be solved also with a centralized solution. Projects with a lot of shiny marketing and no backing by big names.

This will be a really simple and fundamental analysis, so you have to do your own research, not rely on what I or others are telling you.

Fundamentally new technology

IOTA is completly different and let me tell you why. IOTA is a hedge against all blockchain based projects as it is based on the tangle, not on a blockchain. IOTA transactions are fast and feeless, they cost nothing. There are no miners, no fees. No conflict of interest between those who send transactions and those who validated them.
When you send a transaction on IOTA, you have to confirm other transactions in order to have your IOTAs sent. IOTAs technology is in this case without real competition. IOTA is not an altcoin, because it is a completly new version of a decentralized value network. IOTA is made for the machine to machine (m2m) business but can be used by humans too. Transactions without fees are a killer application.

IOTA has a market cap of only 1 billion, while I think it could reach 30 billions like Ethereum.

IOTA is a mothercoin, like BTC.

IOTA Foundation is cooperating with global player companies

IOTA is supported by the daughter company (Innogy) of the energy giant RWE. Bosch is highly supporting IOTA. Bosch is the largest manufacturer of car electronics worldwide. IOTA will be used for transactions between electro autonomous cars and loading stations. Innogy is highly thrilled about this function because it takes out the middleman, the banks or any kind of contracts. The CEO of Fujitsu Europe is mentioning IOTA several times on this twitter account, so we could see here further cooperation. There are several global players which have already plans and contracts to work together with the IOTA foundation. When they will be revealed it could bring up the price to new highs.

Advisors of IOTA are people who have worked for large global players, they have a name and reputation to lose, the same is true for the cooperating companies. Wink

Also important to know: Every company will use the one IOTA network and will use the IOTA tokens. Compared to Ethereum where everybody can have their own Ethereum network, IOTA is only secure if many take part. So the main IOTA network will be used by all. Also Ethereum allows you to create tokens on top of the network, while on IOTA you need to use the one token. Everything contrary you will read about this is just a simple lie. Also it is a lie that there are too many IOTA tokens arounds, do basic math. You can divide BTC behind the 0, but IOTAs cant be divide, they are already like Satoshis.

The IOTA foundation has been supported by the IOTA whales with funds. The tokens were fairly distributed (not like ETH), and even the developers had to buy them. The IOTA foundation has announced that already in this year they will start hiring around 50 new developers. This is real dedicated development on a huge scale, not a pseudo project. This ist the new Ethereum competitor.

IOTA will have smart contracts

IOTA will have smart contracts similar to Ethereum. This could already happen in 2017 and would give it a further feature. This will push the market cap up. Even without the contracts Innogy gave up Ethereum and switched to IOTA. Flash channels on IOTA for example enable you to transact trustlessly even without a smart contract. You load your car with energy and load the energy station with packages of IOTA microtransactions. If one side stops to load, the other stream (energy or IOTA) stops too. Ethereum can`t do this.

IOTA is only on Bitfinex and Binance - more exchanges will come

More exchanges will come for sure and are already in contact with IOTA foundation. We know from the past that exchange adoptions have pushed the price of many strong cryptocurrencies.

FUD, why IOTA is undervalued and weak points

IOTA is simply undervalued because of one thing: Most crypto investors do not understand it. It is to hard to grasp for the pump and dump seeking mass. It is too hard to undersand why feeless transactions could finally bring blockchain based projects like BTC to struggle.

There was a lot of FUD against IOTA and disinformations spread by those who accumulate or fear IOTA. Indeed there are still some drawbacks and some things to overcome. The IOTA network needs the so called coordinator a group of nodes which support the tangle network by generating transactions. Those are needed as long as the IOTA network is still small, but will be shut off as a critical mass of the network size has been reached. Also people are complaining about network updates and so called snapshots which lead to circumstances in which the users had to use a tool to gain control over their funds again. Nothing too complicated but it was used for FUD endlessly.

The way of intensive, orchestrated and organized FUD on social media against IOTA is for me a clear sign that some whales are accumulating here.
This FUD will be turned into hype by the same people. I have watched this game too many times. Wink

Of course you can wait till all bugs are out and IOTA is fully used by everybody, but then you can be sure the current 1 billion market cap will be more around 30 billions, like ETH is, or even higher.
I prefer to buy when its cheap, not expensive. Wink

Why am I taking my time to write this?

Yes I am invested in IOTA, yes I would like to see it go up. But I only invest early in later very strong cryptocurrencies. I would like to see IOTA prosper because I am simply tired of watching scammy ICOs and worthless garbage coins beeing pushed up and sold to new bagholders. Imagine we live in a world where the scam Bitconnect was pushed up into the top 10 of cryptocurrencies. If I just steer some people away from shitcoins into a valueable project which could have a deep impact, its fine for me. If you think I am shilling, I do not care. This one will go up and there is nobody who can prevent it. Wink

This text is neither complete nor does it give you full informations, dont be lazy, read and research or lose your money on bullshit coins.

Thanks for this brilliant piece, it all makes a lot of sense. Just one question, you wrote that IOTA is a mothercoin just like BTC. Do you mean by that it can be forked?

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:03:59 PM

i think iota will start going down because there are so many alternative projects like iota are upcoming. there are even some icos now ongoing about internet of things. And hdac is about to join to exchanges as well.

ICO != working product

IOTA is a working product with an absolute capable visionary team and with a lot of cooperations with academical institutions and big companies. Tell me one of the "alternative projects" that comes near to that.
neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:40:15 PM

VW makes a pretty significant, official announcement about partnering up with IOTA, and... nothing. Last year when people were going crazy for crypto, a 'suggested' link with Microsoft caused prices to skyrocket. It just goes to show the state of mind of investors these days. A lot of people obviously got burned by the downturn in the markets!
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 02:48:22 PM

VW makes a pretty significant, official announcement about partnering up with IOTA, and... nothing. Last year when people were going crazy for crypto, a 'suggested' link with Microsoft caused prices to skyrocket. It just goes to show the state of mind of investors these days. A lot of people obviously got burned by the downturn in the markets!

Until people see VW's comitment, it's doubtful to move the market. The most recent example would be Hannover Messse with Fujitsu, anyone who was following understood Fujitsu would be pushing IOTA, but when speculators saw to what degree, the price moved accordingly. No one but VW and the IF know how much VW pushes IOTA at cebit, so Monday should be more telling.

The_Local_Flow

Activity: 65

Fostering local exchanges worldwide

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 05:19:13 PM

IOTA is a good and strong project.
And the most important thing that it is a project from China and this country already gave us many high-quality coins.
The only thing that can scare the market is that China doesn't have a certain attitude towards crypto yet.

Its German......

LOL

Localflow
fostering local exchanges worldwide
Telegram
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: