Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:56:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding BTC vs Day trading or short term trading.  (Read 2764 times)
financialgoal

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:21:04 PM

day trading and  short term trading is actually not bad nor good either and you can probably earn a good income on it if you know what you doing because you know trading is not an easy thing to do therefore you have much understanding and doing your own research.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ivankoh

Activity: 1428
Merit: 120

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:13:15 PM

The choice of investment depends on your investment orientation and your ability to participate in this market. If you have a long-term investment hold good and potential coins (BTC, ETH, XRP, EOS ...), if you have good knowledge in technical analysis and market, then you complete It can be done commercially because it will also be profitable if you are a good trader.

cutikanzilong

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:45:09 AM

no need to worry about short team strategy. You'd better wait for bitcoin at a lace price or if it's down. Do not rush to trade better tahn than loss
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:00:12 AM

day trading and  short term trading is actually not bad nor good either and you can probably earn a good income on it if you know what you doing because you know trading is not an easy thing to do therefore you have much understanding and doing your own research.

There are really members who are really good at doing short term trading and even profiting daily by taking advantage of the wild price swing specially in the last 3 months. However, this time in a market like what we are seeing today (bull run), I don't think that is its profitable. This is the best time to do long term hold simply because the price is slowly gaining some ground and next thing we know we already in the $10K mark. So yes, short or day trading has its advantage, but it you don't want any hassle, holding is the best option for almost all of us.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Bdstar

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:18:27 AM

For me, Holding Bitcoin is the most profitable and safe investment for me. I think Day trading requires a lot of luck favor and short-term trading is also very risky if your luck doesn't help you. On the other hand, holding Bitcoin is very potential because the demand for Bitcoin is increasing day by day. So it's better than any other scheme.
JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:28:43 PM

Just buy long-term coins, make your investments without nervous checking prices every 5 mins on daytrading, that's way better for your health in my opinion
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:52:23 AM

Day trading requires a lot of time, concentration and attention, in addition to knowledge and skills of trade. Holding requires a lot of patience, time to analyze coins. Here you do not experience constant stress, as in short-term trading. Many traders manage to combine all these methods
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:18:49 AM

If you confident that you fully aware about trading and expertise of trading then go with trading either short term or long term because it will be more profitable. If you dont have enough time and lack of knowledge in trading then go with holding it will be profitable on maturity.

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
gorodi

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:21:14 PM

Day trading is very intertaining and fun if you and you have plenty of time and a good skills in trading you can simply earn a good profit in day trading daily. But if you dont have a good skills in day trading you just lose your money.

You should definitely have the skills and the experience for day-trading. You can start these activities only when you are in a trading business for at least a year or even more. The newbie should better hold.
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:01:51 PM

Day trading is very intertaining and fun if you and you have plenty of time and a good skills in trading you can simply earn a good profit in day trading daily. But if you dont have a good skills in day trading you just lose your money.

You should definitely have the skills and the experience for day-trading. You can start these activities only when you are in a trading business for at least a year or even more. The newbie should better hold.
Yeah  I agree you should know first how to manipulate in trading when, how and how much to trade, the thing that  you should know as a newbie or you might  seek an advise to your experience trader friends, to earn and ideas when you engage in day to day trading.

Chicryptomama

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:30:47 PM

Honestly ,day trading or short term trading is not for everyone because it requires a significant time investment so if youre the type that isnt exactly ready to stay glued to your system and monitor the market trends, then it isnt for you because it can be stressful if price movements go against your expectations and also day trading requires a level of expertise and technical analysis abilities..
tothanhtuan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:35:42 PM

You may want to buy some BTC in 6800 - 7200 range. If it drops below that then I expect some acceleration to the drop. We are constantly dropping for about a month, so I dot think there are enough sellers to justify a quick drop below 6k, but one can never know. Just use a stop loss below your entry range to be safe.
korong ajem

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:29:43 PM

I prefer holding btc to be more profitable to do than do day trading or short term trading, we can make maximum profit by holding btc and this has less risk
financialgoal

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:00:56 PM

For me because I dont have time to analysis the market and also sometimes I can not control emotion during trading, I prefer to hold BTC for longterm investment.
Mak7im4ik7

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:29:57 PM

short trades are very risky. Beginners should start with long-term trading
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:47:10 PM

So I have been in crypto for a while now, February precisely, and regrettably I wish I had never dabbled into day trading or short term trading. I have been burnt a lot trying to play the game of trading. Often times I end up buy too high thereby becoming a bagholder, and when I finally sell, it's at a loss. 
So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned

With the incident of course you suffer losses and may make you very emotional.
Of course you suffer losses because the market situation at that time, only able to move in the same place means no significant strength to make a higher jump.
Ahiaba

Activity: 447
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:13:28 PM

Op. Good to know that you have realised that you use buy when the value of Bitcoin or the coins you trade is too high. I think that is the area you should work on, because the rule is to buy low and sell high or when the value appreciate.
collins3

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:16:18 PM

I myself prefer short-term trading because it is very fast to develop bitcoin and also hold for the future.
I believe that the short-term trading method is the best option at the moment, you can see that the market is volatile and difficult to predict, only a small fluctuation of bitcoin also affects huge to the market. So short-term trading day by day will help you to minimize the risk and can profit immediately. Bitcoin prices are in a bear market in the long run so the risk is very high for long term investment.
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:29:01 PM

Op. Good to know that you have realised that you use buy when the value of Bitcoin or the coins you trade is too high. I think that is the area you should work on, because the rule is to buy low and sell high or when the value appreciate.
Yes, the basic law or strategy of day trading is to buy low and sell it when there is a little rising of its price and that is the essence of day trading even if little profit but we do it continuously from time to time so profit will be granted after week end or monthly, but holding btc in a long time is more risky but when timing strike we also got a huge profit.

strongwarrior238

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:05:18 PM

So I have been in crypto for a while now, February precisely, and regrettably I wish I had never dabbled into day trading or short term trading. I have been burnt a lot trying to play the game of trading. Often times I end up buy too high thereby becoming a bagholder, and when I finally sell, it's at a loss.
So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned
You can see that bitcoin prices in recent days are constantly fluctuating and difficult to kick, so it is very difficult to trade successfully at this time. The market is fluctuating continuously and in the long term, bitcoin prices are still in a bear market because if long-term investment at this time the risk will be very high and you will be able to lose a very heavy if the price. reduced bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: