Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:27:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding BTC vs Day trading or short term trading.  (Read 2764 times)
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:15:22 PM

For me because I dont have time to analysis the market and also sometimes I can not control emotion during trading, I prefer to hold BTC for longterm investment.
These are really dependable aspects and people have to decide accordingly. People can’t just decide to go either for short term trading or for long term just because of the reason that some other friend is doing that. Like you have some different mindset to go for a different method. For someone else, this would become a different mindset and strategy, so it just varies from person to person.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:27:54 PM

maybe you can use the strategy which I used to. sometimes, if the conditions in the market is like this, I try to buy whenever the price is down and then I will sell it with quick if I see the price increases even for just $10 but at least, I will wait until the price is increase more than $40 so I can get a nice profit. this works well for me and maybe you can try this too and I hope that you can make a good profit like what I did. oh by the way, maybe you need to check the order buy and order sell so you know where is the support buy and sell.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
xitrum

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:39:29 PM

So I have been in crypto for a while now, February precisely, and regrettably I wish I had never dabbled into day trading or short term trading. I have been burnt a lot trying to play the game of trading. Often times I end up buy too high thereby becoming a bagholder, and when I finally sell, it's at a loss.
So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned
You can see that with a market that is fluctuating constantly and it is difficult to predict the current time, successful trading is very difficult, the market is fluctuating continuously so you should only trade short DAILY DAYS to minimize risks and earn the most secure profits. The market is bearish in the long run so bitcoin prices can fall deep at any time.

Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:52:50 PM

The bitcoin market has gradually recovered. But an important issue that the BTC and the rest of the e-money market face is the low daily trading volume. Up to now, BTC's daily trading volume is still below $ 5 billion.
ohkkstaaahp

Activity: 378

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:55:34 AM

The bitcoin market has gradually recovered. But an important issue that the BTC and the rest of the e-money market face is the low daily trading volume. Up to now, BTC's daily trading volume is still below $ 5 billion.
As I predict that BTC will not be as hot as before, today's market is going down, proving that the market will fall sharply in the future, according to recent statistics, the transaction places are trading volume BTC decreased dramatically. It shows that the risk in electronic money is high and has not attracted as many people as before

kimmali

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:43:29 AM

It's good that you already have learned your lesson since day trading is really a hard game for everyone. Like other traders say, it requires certain skills and strategy. I'm not a big fan of trading,however, i prefer long term trading. Long term trading is less risky compare to day trading. Long term trading and day trading have this common basic rule that every investor follows: buy at its lowest price,sell at its highest price. that's the key.
Lazada

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:55:39 AM

It's good that you already have learned your lesson since day trading is really a hard game for everyone. Like other traders say, it requires certain skills and strategy. I'm not a big fan of trading,however, i prefer long term trading. Long term trading is less risky compare to day trading. Long term trading and day trading have this common basic rule that every investor follows: buy at its lowest price,sell at its highest price. that's the key.
I would like to say that day trading is a much safer thing, just imagine that with long-term trading we do not know what will happen. although much speculation says that prices will increase, but in reality that does not happen and that is a speculation. Doing day trading is actually much safer because we always take the deal when the price increases. it does not matter when the price increases 1% then it is enough rather than having to wait a long time and there is no certainty can get a lot of profit.
nelsledma

Activity: 572

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:25:04 AM

maybe you can use the strategy which I used to. sometimes, if the conditions in the market is like this, I try to buy whenever the price is down and then I will sell it with quick if I see the price increases even for just $10 but at least, I will wait until the price is increase more than $40 so I can get a nice profit. this works well for me and maybe you can try this too and I hope that you can make a good profit like what I did. oh by the way, maybe you need to check the order buy and order sell so you know where is the support buy and sell.
I don’t think so that there is any such way using which we can make a comparison in between long-term investment of money and short-term investment of money. It is because of the reason that both the things are entirely different and that there is nothing common in between then and that you need to have different skillset to deal with either of these. It is you who must make a choice by keeping all the things in your mind.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:42:09 PM

I don’t think so that there is any such way using which we can make a comparison in between long-term investment of money and short-term investment of money. It is because of the reason that both the things are entirely different and that there is nothing common in between then and that you need to have different skillset to deal with either of these. It is you who must make a choice by keeping all the things in your mind.

I know that my strategy cannot apply to the other people as they need to modify or make a new strategy but I hope that it can help them to get a new idea so they can solve their problem. maybe they need to find out by themselves about what strategy that they can use to make a profit and I am sure that if they can analyze the market, they can decide to hold btc or doing day trading or just short-term trading.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:16:08 PM

Actuatlly the investors are feeling some reluctant, therefore they are trying to avoid investing money in bitcoin for some time, but i am hopeful that they will very soon get their confident back and will again start investing money in bitcoin. i think that the volume is now gradually increasing which is a good news for the market.
ervinmadureri

Activity: 302

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:52:01 PM

So I have been in crypto for a while now, February precisely, and regrettably I wish I had never dabbled into day trading or short term trading. I have been burnt a lot trying to play the game of trading. Often times I end up buy too high thereby becoming a bagholder, and when I finally sell, it's at a loss.
So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned
The market in recent days is constantly fluctuating and bitocin prices are constantly falling, so I think and this time you should trade short term by day. I believe that the market is showing signs of recovery, so the bitcoin price will continue to fall deeply, so long-term investment will be very foolish, the risk will be very high if bitcoin prices fall deeply.
bitcoinerjawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:21:56 AM

I prefer to do daily trading with daily trading I can earn daily profit even though only a little at least I can benefit from the trading capital that I use.
Domicbora

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:33:29 AM

short trades are very risky. Beginners should start with long-term trading
Yeah you are right short term investment is not for beginners. Every new investor should start from long time investment. And when he spends some time into his world, then you can be able to trade for short time and finally day trading. Day trading is very profitable but more risky than any other investment. I will start day trading when I am capable of day trading.
ervinmadureri

Activity: 302

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:37:52 PM

At this point in time, I think you should only trade short-term, you can see that the market is in a bear market in the long run and bitcoin prices have fallen sharply over the past few days, Success and low risk are very difficult. In order to reduce the risk you should trade short-term bitcoin by date and always have a specific trade plan.
boynamnhi

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:03:09 PM

Day trading or short term trading is not for everyone and requires a certain skill set as well as mental control. Although you say you've learned your lesson perhaps what you have learned could be used to have better results again in the future, you've identified that you buy too high so try and correct this and be even stricter with what price you buy at.
I think that with a market that is constantly changing and difficult to predict, it is very difficult to trade successfully. Bitcoin prices are constantly decreasing and the price of altcoin drops dramatically. Therefore, you should trade short term trading at this time and do not invest long term risk will be very high.
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:10:26 AM

Actuatlly the investors are feeling some reluctant, therefore they are trying to avoid investing money in bitcoin for some time, but i am hopeful that they will very soon get their confident back and will again start investing money in bitcoin. i think that the volume is now gradually increasing which is a good news for the market.
Definitely, since the January of this year, we have been listening to such news that bitcoin is going to shoot up in the air but this is all just badass. We are still looking for better time on bitcoin. This time goes as well and time is passing by so fast. So people, don’t just lose your heart in bitcoin. A time is just about to come when you would be seeing such enormous feats of bitcoin.
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:22:50 PM

For me because I dont have time to analysis the market and also sometimes I can not control emotion during trading, I prefer to hold BTC for longterm investment.
For me the best way is day trading because it is the most vital way of making profits on daily basis. After day trading, short term trading is good and long term investment comes at the end. For trading experience needed. If you are beginner then you should invest for long term because day trading and short term investment is not for beginners.

ronsaldo

Activity: 217
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:36:20 PM

Because of the dump in the price of bitcoin (btc), at first I was think that i will hold my bitcoins but it comes to my mind that if I am going to hold, no more profits will I make in each day. SO, I finally decided that the remaining bitcoins I have will be used for day trading, so that I can acquire losses or profits in each day.
xitrum

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:24:27 PM

I think that at this point you should only trade short-term by day and should not invest long-term, you can see that bitcoin prices are recovering in recent days but can see that the recovery force is very weak and In long term, bitcoin prices are still bearish. I believe that you should only trade short to minimize risks as bitcoin prices can be reduced at any time.

genolica

Activity: 121
Merit: 7

◆ SHREW ◆ Discounted Pre-Sale

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:46:31 PM

I bet that hodling anything makes you many money. I believe that this thing is the best. Try hodling. You won't suffer from getting burnt by day trades.

◆     SHREW     ◆
Discounted Pre-Sale Live !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: