Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:24:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Staking pools  (Read 667 times)
Embeco (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:46:36 PM

Are there things like staking pools or at least online staking wallets? Something that would allow users to upload their funds and have them staked online? PoSWallet had that, but after they wanted to make their token a "non-utility token" I do not trust and support them anymore.

I know it somehow defeats the idea behind PoS, but that would be the same argument for PoW pools, wouldn't it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:07:50 PM

Are there things like staking pools or at least online staking wallets? Something that would allow users to upload their funds and have them staked online? PoSWallet had that, but after they wanted to make their token a "non-utility token" I do not trust and support them anymore.

I know it somehow defeats the idea behind PoS, but that would be the same argument for PoW pools, wouldn't it?

Poswallet may have screwed up in the past with their security hack, but they solved it pretty decently. They are working on something called TPoS (trustless-proof-of-stake) which supposedly allows you to stake several coins in a decentralized way.

You can make them questions in the Q&A and win 100 POSW if the question gets selected. More updates here:

https://twitter.com/poswallet

I would keep an eye on this project. Even Bitcoin screwed up in the beginning. Im willing to give them a second chance. The price has bottomed so things can only get better at this point.
Embeco (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:48:16 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2017, 07:29:34 PM by Embeco

Poswallet may have screwed up in the past with their security hack, but they solved it pretty decently. They are working on something called TPoS (trustless-proof-of-stake) which supposedly allows you to stake several coins in a decentralized way.

You can make them questions in the Q&A and win 100 POSW if the question gets selected. More updates here:

https://twitter.com/poswallet

I would keep an eye on this project. Even Bitcoin screwed up in the beginning. Im willing to give them a second chance. The price has bottomed so things can only get better at this point.

So no alternatives to PoSWallet so far?

Regarding POSW: I don't distrust them for messing up, I lost my trust in them due to their future plans. Did not convince me at all.

Edit: Just checked POSW again and they do not offer any staking at all anymore besides POSW itself
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:44:05 PM

I haven't used it or checked it out but read on the forum that coinsmarket.com allows you to stake the coins. You may want to check it out whether it works as a pool or each wallet stakes individually.
YuurinBee

Activity: 233

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 07:48:38 PM

what about this one : http://stakepool.co

buddy just shared it with me and said that if you buy their coins and leave in your wallet, like MEW, you get 9% at the end of every month or something like that.

**I am not stating anything official about this, I'm not sure and haven't invested yet. I wanted to learn more about it first.

Anyone have any exp with this one?

MetaBrands Discord: https://discord.gg/metabrands
MetaBrands Telegram: https://t.me/metabrands
Embeco (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:13:07 PM

buddy just shared it with me and said that if you buy their coins and leave in your wallet, like MEW, you get 9% at the end of every month or something like that.

**I am not stating anything official about this, I'm not sure and haven't invested yet. I wanted to learn more about it first.

This looks interesting, but the setup looks more like a fund than a pool:
Buy a token, they buy staking coins and stake them, you get a share of their profit at the end of the month. Also could not find much data about their team, business and so on, so not quite sold for this one, but I will definitely do some more research. Thanks for the heads up!
Embeco (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:15:29 PM

I haven't used it or checked it out but read on the forum that coinsmarket.com allows you to stake the coins. You may want to check it out whether it works as a pool or each wallet stakes individually.

Could not find anything at coinsmarket.com, also tried some similar domains but could not find anything.
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:34:34 AM

Could not find anything at coinsmarket.com, also tried some similar domains but could not find anything.

Oops the site is https://coinsmarkets.com/ and they do allow wallet staking though I haven't used it or checked it out.
swpqlhmgp

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:49:02 AM

I have not touched this you say.
Amount, to be honest, your description makes me feel more like a Ponzi scheme? Haha
Because its rate of return exceeds the normal level, I think it is not credible, even the fund will not have such a high rate of return.

Sylvermyst

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:53:12 AM

Check out Stake United. The rewards have been incredible so far - so much better than the masternodes I've been running on my own vps's.

The only issue is the trust factor. Rather than controlling your wallet, you have to trust this site which has control of your wallets. That said, they have a discord, they've been very responsive, and folks like myself have been using it for a while and have had no problems whatsoever, including withdrawal.

They take a 3% cut of the stake, which keeps them in business and keeps them incentivized to NOT run off with your coins, as that would destroy their steady stream of passive income for a one-time gain.

Even with the 3%, it's been better than solo masternodes for me due to the sheer number of people in the staking pool which exponentially increases the rewards.

Highly recommended.
Guido72

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:39:16 PM

Stake United Staking Pool

I'm staking with the Stake United pool now for several weeks. I almost doubled the stake within one month. I tried to stake alone with the wallet only, but I made much more profit with the  Stake United pool.

The pool is totally reliable! Reward time is a lot shorter when you stake together with the pool.

Link: Stake United
Casimir1904

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:39:02 AM

On Btcpop.co we've a lot PoS coins and do pooled staking.
Fee is 2% so lower than Stake United and a lot more coins listed for Staking.
Pooled staking is higher reward because compound effect with more frequent payouts.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
CryptoAnnie

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:20:34 PM

Staking is very similar to mining, it allows smaller investors to invest in staking by investing their coins to get rewards.
x_Squall_x

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:49:43 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 01:59:12 PM by x_Squall_x

I'm doing analyses of my staking returns for some time now. I'm tracking everything on a daily basis. I'm using StakeUnited and the service seems quite good, I'm really satisfied for now.

You can find my analyses here, there are a few posts: https://steemit.com/@squallex

Feel free to ask any questions!
juletok

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:33:31 PM

the whole idea with staking pools is wrong, taking power from the small and give to the big
its against the whole idea of decentralization

and my personal experience with "stake united" is a nightmare

I have an open ticket for 3 weeks, they can't seem to be able to fix it
they spread promises that they can't deliver

3 weeks
your bank holds your money
market goes up and down
I had 1.5M coins, in a high stakes coins, so price drops
and BTW, i am 3 weeks and still dont have my money
I wish the pools idea will not become standrd
only if you can stake on your own, do you own coin control, and be able to withdrawal in seconds, then maybe it can thrive
since its a paid system, there should not be any problem to withdraw, with knowing you will leave some money behind.
some money is ALWAYS better then all your money.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: