Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:11:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy way to explain and teach Bitcoin  (Read 3407 times)
daniweb

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:03:53 AM

I have tried to tell my son about bitcoin. He is 9 but he didn't seem interested so he didn't understand anything. I am going to wait few more years

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:16:53 AM

[https://medium.com/bitcoins-digital-currency/how-to-explain-bitcoin-to-a-7-year-old-a9a8c094feaf]
How to Explain Bitcoin to a 7-Year-Old
I’ve been explaining how Bitcoins work since 2010. Here is the simplest analogy I’ve discovered that explains transactions, anonymity, and coin production.

There’s a room that anyone can access. The room has security cameras that anyone can view, and every second of recorded footage is available online forever.

The room is filled with indestructible piggy banks made of transparent plastic. Naturally, these piggy banks have coin slots, and everyone can see which coins are in which piggy bank. These piggy banks can never leave the room.

Each person has a key that can open their piggy bank. Let’s say I want to buy a pair of alpaca socks, and you want to sell them.

First, you tell me which piggy bank is yours. Then, I walk into the room with a ski mask on. Anyone in the world can see me on the security cameras, but not my face.

Next, I unlock my piggy bank, take some coins out, then put them into your locked piggy bank. I leave the room.

Now, everyone in the world knows that your piggy bank has coins that were previously in my piggy bank. This is the case with every transaction, so everyone knows the history of every coin.

“So where do the coins come from? How did it start? Who got the first coins?”

There’s a robot in the room that runs lotteries. Every so often, this robot randomly chooses a piggy bank in the room, and puts 50 coins in it. When it first started, there weren’t many piggy banks in the room since nobody knew about it. Back then, it was easy to win the lottery. Today, there are millions of piggy banks in the room, so your odds aren’t very good.

“Ok, couldn’t someone make their own fake coins?”

No, because everyone has records of every coin in the room, and they know when the robot hands new coins out. If a fraud were to put fake coins into his own piggy bank, everyone would know that those coins were never handed out by the robot, and wouldn’t accept them.

“Who made the robot..?”

Supposedly it was a super genius Japanese man named Satoshi Nakamoto, but nobody knows for certain. Since the security camera footage is available from 2009, we can see that the robot was putting coins into a piggy bank since day 1. We assume it’s Satoshi, but that’s about all we know.

“… Crazy.”
From Tony Diepenbrock IV on medium.

Or you can also watch this excellent video:
bitcoin 101: https://youtu.be/Bhe61JaNFLU
[/quote]

I think age 7 is very young to learn about Bitcoin investment except for the symbols and letters. This age should enjoy to play games or should focus minor school learning so that their mind will not be early  pressured because for me Bitcoin is belong for adults in which a risky activities which requires matured intelligent because it involve in very critical decision making. Maybe highschool age will fit.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:26:41 AM

[https://medium.com/bitcoins-digital-currency/how-to-explain-bitcoin-to-a-7-year-old-a9a8c094feaf]
I’ve been explaining how Bitcoins work since 2010. Here is the simplest analogy I’ve discovered that explains transactions, anonymity, and coin production.

There’s a room that anyone can access. The room has security cameras that anyone can view, and every second of recorded footage is available online forever.

The room is filled with indestructible piggy banks made of transparent plastic. Naturally, these piggy banks have coin slots, and everyone can see which coins are in which piggy bank. These piggy banks can never leave the room.

Each person has a key that can open their piggy bank. Let’s say I want to buy a pair of alpaca socks, and you want to sell them.

First, you tell me which piggy bank is yours. Then, I walk into the room with a ski mask on. Anyone in the world can see me on the security cameras, but not my face.

Next, I unlock my piggy bank, take some coins out, then put them into your locked piggy bank. I leave the room.

Now, everyone in the world knows that your piggy bank has coins that were previously in my piggy bank. This is the case with every transaction, so everyone knows the history of every coin.

There’s a robot in the room that runs lotteries. Every so often, this robot randomly chooses a piggy bank in the room, and puts 50 coins in it. When it first started, there weren’t many piggy banks in the room since nobody knew about it. Back then, it was easy to win the lottery. Today, there are millions of piggy banks in the room, so your odds aren’t very good.

No, because everyone has records of every coin in the room, and they know when the robot hands new coins out. If a fraud were to put fake coins into his own piggy bank, everyone would know that those coins were never handed out by the robot, and wouldn’t accept them.

“Who made the robot..?”

Supposedly it was a super genius Japanese man named Satoshi Nakamoto, but nobody knows for certain. Since the security camera footage is available from 2009, we can see that the robot was putting coins into a piggy bank since day 1. We assume it’s Satoshi, but that’s about all we know.

“… Crazy.”

[/quote]

There is no way a 8 year old can understand how the cryptocurrency work. There is always a right age for everyone to know about cryptocurrency and that will probably on their way to college when they are teenagers because they become more serious in life.

andylowe

Activity: 293

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:27:31 AM

I have tried to tell my son about bitcoin. He is 9 but he didn't seem interested so he didn't understand anything. I am going to wait few more years
Yes, it is really difficult for them to understand it especially when they are not intersted in this thing. It is also not compulsory to teach bitcoin to anyone, they must need to learn first about this for them to become interested because if ever they know the uses of bitcoin then they understand about this then they can be attractive in this transaction and must try theirselves to join in this.
milandres0207

Activity: 363

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:47:11 AM

For me,by simple telling them the meaning of bitcoin is the first step that i will tell them to teach bitcoin, second is the uses of bitcoin, on how they use it in their daily living, the third is how they will get or earn bitcoin and the last is what bitcoin can do in their daily living when they are become successful in bitcoin.
00DKM@

Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:51:07 AM

To teach bitcoin to newcomers completely ignorant of bitcoin I think it will be very difficult, they do not know about bitcoin, they think we fooled them, in order to appropriating their property. I have seen this case, I think we should introduce bitcoin to our brothers in our house, or close friends. They can believe us. If you now open a bitcoin class, there will be very few participants.
Seaze007

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:51:59 AM

If you are going to teach it with the child who is 7 year old, you are going to use the word that can easily understand or comprehend them, but it really depends on the child if the child is not interested they will not easily understand it coz we all know that age is not the age that a child will give time to understand it. There is a child who are very curious but only few.
Everyone of us are fast learner, because their are internet or social media that guide us, especially bitcoin its easy to us to learn bout bitcoin. So everyone are using internet all over the world using internet because thats the way to earn money from bitcoin.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:19:32 AM

“Who made the robot..?”

“… Crazy.”

There is no way a 8 year old can understand how the cryptocurrency work. There is always a right age for everyone to know about cryptocurrency and that will probably on their way to college when they are teenagers because they become more serious in life.

You're quite right mate and for me, in that early age of a child is not the time to teach bitcoin if how it works because most of several children are always looking for fun. I guess this topic might get bored of them if we really forced to teach them how bitcoin works. Aside from that let us children to be a child because time will come if they will responsible enough, then they themselves will look for bitcoin to make them learn of it.
paoeng1

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:22:30 AM

You can use social media and you can also watch how to use bitcoin on google and you can also search in google about the informations in bitcoin
hostrm

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:27:44 AM

I liked the comparison. In my opinion, one of the best. Now I know how to explain it to my friends. Thank you.
belousov

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:29:00 AM

I do not think that there is any need to teach bitcoins to a 7 year old. When he starts earning, he will learn on his own about savings and investments.
laimaro

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:42:09 AM

If you are going to teach it with the child who is 7 year old, you are going to use the word that can easily understand or comprehend them, but it really depends on the child if the child is not interested they will not easily understand it coz we all know that age is not the age that a child will give time to understand it. There is a child who are very curious but only few.

I do not understand that what is the need of teaching a 7 year old about bitcoins. By the time he will reach 20-25 and start earning, bitcoin might have disappeared.
Rubble898zaitO

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:51:48 AM

For me the easy way to explain and teach Bitcoin to someone is to get their interest first, to do that you have to show them first what you already got from it. It will also be a proof that it is real, make they feel excited to know more about it because they also want something for themselves. It's easier once you ignited their interest.
weston4mills

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:53:48 AM

I am curious to find out who wants to learn about bitcoin at the age of 7. Children I know are too young for this

Stockus Trading Platform— Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 
  ◆ Twitter Facebook • • TelegramMedium  ◆
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 12:11:02 PM

That's a great concept and I do believe that learning from the actual experience would also help to understand the whole process of bitcoin transaction from start to end for anyone who can use the computer.

I appreciate the Australia's efforts in this area,

* Australian Primary School Students Explore Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technology.

Catch them young mantra would definitely work in the long run and it will also help students to deal with the concept of decentralization/democracy.
kiddeon123

Activity: 291
Merit: 101

https://icoenergy.org/

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:14:17 PM

I think that the easiest way to explain crypto currency to children is buy explaining them the basics first and using familiar worlds to explain to them the concept of crypto currency. In that way they can already have an idea about what cryto really is.

marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:24:07 PM

That's a great concept and I do believe that learning from the actual experience would also help to understand the whole process of bitcoin transaction from start to end for anyone who can use the computer.

I appreciate the Australia's efforts in this area,

* Australian Primary School Students Explore Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technology.

Catch them young mantra would definitely work in the long run and it will also help students to deal with the concept of decentralization/democracy.
There are many ways to explain and teach bitcoin if you just put in your words in reality and facts examples. Based on my experienced, I let the person have a background about bitcoin or simply ask him or her about it. Then, the rest would follow through the things that they've researched about bitcoin terms and meanings. For we all know that everything is so deep. So chances are, the person will be more attentive and will have clarity when I'm about to explain something so we will just interaction afterwards like questions and so on. All in all that's the easy way I can offer for a newbie who wants learn about bitcoin.
Df9898

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:26:40 PM

It's easy to explain and teach the bitcoin is telling what is bitcoin and view the forums and start a discussion and from there it is easy to explain and teach and after that try to see how to get it and so the bitcoin must frequent discussions in order to easily teach and explain the bitcoin.
paynercash

Activity: 392

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:39:53 PM

For myself, I love Blockchain technology and its application is cow milk management, a simple and effective application. To explain about BTC I would start with cow's milk with Blockchain technology, when he understood and was interested I would talk about similar things using this technology, including BTC.
I think the way to get the most out of Bitcoin is to show them Bitcoin in the market or to get them directly involved in Bitcoin. There are many ways people do not know. Bitcoin is more comfortable to access, but first, you need to tell them what the investment is and what the virtual currency is.

rainezerr

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:05:31 PM

“Who made the robot..?”

“… Crazy.”

[/quote]

If you are planning for your child to become an investor of cryptopcurrency or to be knowledgeable about how the blockchain works then the best time is college since most of the student in college are already serious about what they are doing in their life.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: