Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:20:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy way to explain and teach Bitcoin  (Read 3407 times)
centralbanksequalsbombs (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:22:19 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2017, 04:48:48 AM by centralbanksequalsbombs

[https://medium.com/bitcoins-digital-currency/how-to-explain-bitcoin-to-a-7-year-old-a9a8c094feaf]
How to Explain Bitcoin to a 7-Year-Old
I’ve been explaining how Bitcoins work since 2010. Here is the simplest analogy I’ve discovered that explains transactions, anonymity, and coin production.

There’s a room that anyone can access. The room has security cameras that anyone can view, and every second of recorded footage is available online forever.

The room is filled with indestructible piggy banks made of transparent plastic. Naturally, these piggy banks have coin slots, and everyone can see which coins are in which piggy bank. These piggy banks can never leave the room.

Each person has a key that can open their piggy bank. Let’s say I want to buy a pair of alpaca socks, and you want to sell them.

First, you tell me which piggy bank is yours. Then, I walk into the room with a ski mask on. Anyone in the world can see me on the security cameras, but not my face.

Next, I unlock my piggy bank, take some coins out, then put them into your locked piggy bank. I leave the room.

Now, everyone in the world knows that your piggy bank has coins that were previously in my piggy bank. This is the case with every transaction, so everyone knows the history of every coin.

“So where do the coins come from? How did it start? Who got the first coins?”

There’s a robot in the room that runs lotteries. Every so often, this robot randomly chooses a piggy bank in the room, and puts 50 coins in it. When it first started, there weren’t many piggy banks in the room since nobody knew about it. Back then, it was easy to win the lottery. Today, there are millions of piggy banks in the room, so your odds aren’t very good.

“Ok, couldn’t someone make their own fake coins?”

No, because everyone has records of every coin in the room, and they know when the robot hands new coins out. If a fraud were to put fake coins into his own piggy bank, everyone would know that those coins were never handed out by the robot, and wouldn’t accept them.

“Who made the robot..?”

Supposedly it was a super genius Japanese man named Satoshi Nakamoto, but nobody knows for certain. Since the security camera footage is available from 2009, we can see that the robot was putting coins into a piggy bank since day 1. We assume it’s Satoshi, but that’s about all we know.

“… Crazy.”
From Tony Diepenbrock IV on medium.

Or you can also watch this excellent video:
bitcoin 101: https://youtu.be/Bhe61JaNFLU
[/quote]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:08:31 AM

If you are going to teach it with the child who is 7 year old, you are going to use the word that can easily understand or comprehend them, but it really depends on the child if the child is not interested they will not easily understand it coz we all know that age is not the age that a child will give time to understand it. There is a child who are very curious but only few.
trinhdinhthang20007

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:46:28 AM

For myself, I love Blockchain technology and its application is cow milk management, a simple and effective application. To explain about BTC I would start with cow's milk with Blockchain technology, when he understood and was interested I would talk about similar things using this technology, including BTC.
betMaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:52:15 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 05:45:47 PM by betMaster

I believe that the easiest way to get a person to give your his attention when you want to explain bitcoin to him is to mention the money first. Make him believe he can get paid later when he starts working and you get his full attention. It's the same way i used it when i introduced bitcoin to a friend of mine. Then you start explaining the basic rules and information like the value of bitcoin and the use of bitcoin. It all comes easy if he wants to really learn. The most important thing is how to make him want to be a part of bitcoin community.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:02:24 AM

If you are going to teach it with the child who is 7 year old, you are going to use the word that can easily understand or comprehend them, but it really depends on the child if the child is not interested they will not easily understand it coz we all know that age is not the age that a child will give time to understand it. There is a child who are very curious but only few.

I agree with this. Children might be somehow get bored when you just plainly explain what it is. However there can be some solution for that like making a visual aids to teach Bitcoin through animations and interactive videos to make it eye-catching and it will catch their interest to listen and follow the lessons being taught.
That is the best way to teach children. You have to do a variety of creativity and innovation so they understand bitcoin easily. If they can understand the bitcoin from the beginning then I'm sure it will be easier for them to understand as adults. But do not take the time to play children too long. You should be able to estimate the right time in giving them lessons.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:04:15 AM

I'd really just suggest the video to kids because kids don't want to read text they want a Youtube video to learn. I know I do lol!

It does sound good though. I think all those years of dumbing it down for people has finally given you a great answer. I still get tongue tied trying it to explain it to people. I just end up saying they need to do their own research and read a lot. Not my fauly if they don't invest lol. I'm not pushing people into anything because then it would be "my fault" if they lost money. I'm in for the long haul and love the tech and the whole idea behind it, I care about the price but it's a really handy side affect and not the sole reason to use crypto.

I think that's the biggest hurdle people need to get over. Why do they need it and not how does it work. I don't have a clue how my microwave works, but I know it'll heat up my pizza pocket from frozen to done in 2 minutes Vs my oven that would take ... Idk a long time because I've never used an oven to cook a pizza pocket hahaha! At some point there will be a generation that has never used fiat.

Think about that! Put that in your pipe and smoke it Jamie Dimon!!!
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 03:07:35 AM

I agree with this. Children might be somehow get bored when you just plainly explain what it is. However there can be some solution for that like making a visual aids to teach Bitcoin through animations and interactive videos to make it eye-catching and it will catch their interest to listen and follow the lessons being taught.
I agree with what you are saying brothers. Use some visual aids that are related to bitcoin and it must be easy to understand. If you want to teach it to a 7 year old, you must teach only the basics and just teach the more complex ones once he/she grows up.  Children is very easy to distract so make a way that it cannot be distracted for example visual aids that are for kids but bitcoin related or create bitcoin related videos. In that way, the child will learn somehow even just the basics.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:14:10 AM

That sounds fairly interesting way to teach bitcoin. So whatever you want to do is teach them in their 7-year old kids language and let them grasp it the way they will look at it. I think now a days kids are really smart and doing so will add up them with extra knowledge which they use to secure their future, if they understand how to work with it.

That age is too early, but in case of bitcoin the earlier you start the most prominent you become in the area. There are many more opportunities in the coming future so they better start producing interest at that age.

I think letting them know new updates about bitcoin daily in their language would also help. Talking in general daily would also let them know what it is and they will try to go and search by themselves which will actually start making their development. Sound good to me.
trinhdinhthang20007

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:17:40 AM

I think so, bring the BTC closer in life. The simpler the closer the stimulus is to learn, when the passion is self will study passionately.
Edrian

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:18:55 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 03:51:33 AM by Edrian

Show them your earnings convince them that it is easy to earn at bitcoin all you need is put some hardwork  and perseverance then explain to them very clear what is process to earn bitcoin so they can understand what they are going to do. If still they don't believe you just leave them at least you know that you only want to help them and at least you know that you earn without asking anyone it is just some people don't trust other people if money is involve.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:22:51 AM

Easiest way to explain to anyone is showing bitcoin price history  chart by showing this only 90% of the people get interest on bitcoin. Even if people don’t trust I will show them convert bitcoin to local currency. It is the most easiest way I found to explain bitcoin.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:28:44 AM

You should use words that are common with them or explain each words that is complicated for them. And you can also use videos, there are many videos in youtube that will help to explain what is bitcoin.
Kmrherradura05

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

soohi

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:39:00 AM

The easiest way to explain Bitcoins is by knowing its origin. Bitcoin is a digital currency which was created by a person with an alias of Satoshi Nakamoto. First you have to know its origin. Second, you have to make a research for better understanding of some technical terms. The best way to explain what Bitcoin is with the use of social media. The use of social technology such as facebook,messanger,twitter,youtube etc. is a bighelp to make it spread worldwide. Learning the advantage and disadvantages of Bitcoin is the first thing we should know so that we will be able to know how it really works and how it will contribute to our life.

yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:45:46 AM

bitcoin is the same as other investment commodities such as gold and stock, which distinguishes it is only the medium used if gold and stock can we see the physical form is real while bitcoin shaped digital, how to take the same profit that is to wait for the selling price to rise from the initial price when buying.
Lm2e4

Activity: 248

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:06:09 AM

I find it a nice way of teaching/explaining bitcoin to a 7 year old boy/girl. But maybe somehow some kids may think about what you've told them literally rather than the concept of your story. Kids have different kinds of understanding so expect that not all of them will understand it quite enough.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:12:21 AM

[https://medium.com/bitcoins-digital-currency/how-to-explain-bitcoin-to-a-7-year-old-a9a8c094feaf]

I’ve been explaining how Bitcoins work since 2010. Here is the simplest analogy I’ve discovered that explains transactions, anonymity, and coin production.

There’s a room that anyone can access. The room has security cameras that anyone can view, and every second of recorded footage is available online forever.

The room is filled with indestructible piggy banks made of transparent plastic. Naturally, these piggy banks have coin slots, and everyone can see which coins are in which piggy bank. These piggy banks can never leave the room.

Each person has a key that can open their piggy bank. Let’s say I want to buy a pair of alpaca socks, and you want to sell them.

First, you tell me which piggy bank is yours. Then, I walk into the room with a ski mask on. Anyone in the world can see me on the security cameras, but not my face.

Next, I unlock my piggy bank, take some coins out, then put them into your locked piggy bank. I leave the room.

Now, everyone in the world knows that your piggy bank has coins that were previously in my piggy bank. This is the case with every transaction, so everyone knows the history of every coin.

There’s a robot in the room that runs lotteries. Every so often, this robot randomly chooses a piggy bank in the room, and puts 50 coins in it. When it first started, there weren’t many piggy banks in the room since nobody knew about it. Back then, it was easy to win the lottery. Today, there are millions of piggy banks in the room, so your odds aren’t very good.

No, because everyone has records of every coin in the room, and they know when the robot hands new coins out. If a fraud were to put fake coins into his own piggy bank, everyone would know that those coins were never handed out by the robot, and wouldn’t accept them.

“Who made the robot..?”

Supposedly it was a super genius Japanese man named Satoshi Nakamoto, but nobody knows for certain. Since the security camera footage is available from 2009, we can see that the robot was putting coins into a piggy bank since day 1. We assume it’s Satoshi, but that’s about all we know.

“… Crazy.”

[/quote]

there no point explaining bitcoins to a 7 year old kid because they wont still be interested on it even if how good you explain it to them, i mean common they are just kids and they dont care about anything not even bitcoins , they only care about playing and fun, eating candies and junkfoods. but i guess this will rather work some people you came across that wants or willing to learn bitcoins.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:13:15 AM

On reddit people have "explain like I'm 5" which is essentially asking for a minimalist explanation of how something works or why something is the way it is. It's not really different from this explanation; it is assuming the person is interested and actually wants to learn the information, but isn't necessarily in the loop and might be out of touch when it comes to some technical explanations. Sure it may not be perfect for an actual 7 y/o, but it sure is good for a lot of people who have no idea what is really going on with Bitcoin.
jerlen17

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:25:06 AM

For me the easy way and explain bitcoin are:
1. The learner must be interested and very willing to learn.
2. Tell them the origin of the bitcoin and how it works
3. The benefits of the bitcoin and the profit that you can get from this by adding the ingridients of hardwork and patience.
4. Last the proof of your cash out from bitcoin.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:28:08 AM

“Who made the robot..?”

“… Crazy.”

[/quote]

cool, but i think that the best way to explain bitcoins to some people is by showing them your actual bitcoin balance on your wallet and also your cash out or withdrawal reciept that it actually came from bitcoins but its up to them if they still wont believed you. though i dont really care if people will believed on it or not. im just doing my own business on how can i get rich on bitcoins.
Buddyzle

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:44:55 AM

Nice analogy...i will most definitely apply this next time i have a seminar on bitcoin. They say if you cant explain something to  7year old...then youbdont understand that thing enough. Thanks man
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: