Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:08:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2x and Qoinpro (Possible Scam?)  (Read 288 times)
Filmmmakerr (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:45:09 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2017, 09:56:04 PM by Filmmmakerr

Does anyone know if these guys 'QOINPRO" are scammers or not? Seems pretty fishy, specially after they've offered to give an extra 25% of Segwit2x coins if you mention a code. For example if you have 1 bitcoin in Qoinpro you receive 1.25 Segwit2x...Pretty shady right?

Campaign Manager (2018)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:53:54 PM

I have not seen any scam accusation against them yet,you can check out their service announcement here ,may be there are avid supporters of segwit2x and so is the reason they are giving away the bonus coins.
Dullmartini

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:25:30 AM

I’ve been doing qoinpro for a coupleof months. It’s not a scam so far but it loks better than it’s advertised for sure. It’s like a faucet where i accumulate like $0.01 of btc every few days for signing up to their wallet. Yay. Really it’s a promotion for their wallet.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:18:39 AM

Better stay away from such website my friends. Don't let greed ruin it all for you. Some experienced people on this forum have warned people to stay away from SegWit2x coin altogether due to its lack of Reply Protection, meaning that you will most likely lose your Bitcoin  when trying to claim its SegWit2x equivalent.
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:50:19 PM

Does anyone know if these guys 'QOINPRO" are scammers or not? Seems pretty fishy, specially after they've offered to give an extra 25% of Segwit2x coins if you mention a code. For example if you have 1 bitcoin in Qoinpro you receive 1.25 Segwit2x...Pretty shady right?
That is definitely something to stay away from. People will fall for anything whenever there is any mentioning of free stuff. It's not worth it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Iolanna

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:05:05 PM

Qoinpro is not a SCAM actually, but you won't be able to earn any noticeable amount of money with this project. I saw a comment that someone was already registered there for several years and still hasn't earned even several dollars Smiley. So don't spent your time for this...
wpsimp

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 02:16:26 PM

Actually, I deposited my BTC to get the free BCH and BTG, but when I did a withdraw transaction , didn't receive my BTC back.
It's been 3 days since I did withdraw 😕

I got an email from them saying it was the last day to claim BCH and BTG, so transferred my 0.03283765 BTC to the wallet there...

I immediately did a withdrawal for 25k s฿ (same amt as the withdrawal fee), and it appeared on the network within a couple hours.

I emailed them twice, never received a response, so decided to relocate my coin. It it still sitting there, and now I'm seeing claims left and right of the same thing happening to others.. I emailed them again, and sent them a Facebook message (their FB had surprisingly little activity). I really really freakin' hope I didn't just get scammed...

So yeah. Probably stay away..........
pirata911

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:13:30 AM

I'm looking at a loss of 0.52 BTC right now.

I initiated a withdrawal last Tuesday and nothing has posted to my account as of yet. I've got proof if needed be. I've sent several emails and opened a support ticket to no avail. Forget about getting Bitcoin Gold or BCH. The founder Wouter van der Schagt is pretty active in Tweeter, but ignores all my messages.

I know there are a bunch of people in this predicament.

The question is what can we do at this point?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
wpsimp

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 02:19:18 PM

I'm looking at a loss of 0.52 BTC right now.

I initiated a withdrawal last Tuesday and nothing has posted to my account as of yet. I've got proof if needed be. I've sent several emails and opened a support ticket to no avail. Forget about getting Bitcoin Gold or BCH. The founder Wouter van der Schagt is pretty active in Tweeter, but ignores all my messages.

I know there are a bunch of people in this predicament.

The question is what can we do at this point?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Having spoken to you over the last couple days, I know you're hoping there's some way to restore your stolen coin.. i don't blame you; you definitely got f-ed over much more than anyone else I've seen by this bastard, but experience tells me that it just isn't going to happen.. Unless Doucher van der Schlut decides he actually wants to maintain the site as legitimate or otherwise simply decides to hand over the coin out of the goodness of his heart..

One thing I do know is that he has balls stealing this much coin from people sans anonymity... Someone with more resources or connections, or a greater desire to carry out a personal vendetta could easilymake him a target, I imagine. If i'd lost as much as you, I'd probably at least try to track down the a-hole's address and personal phone number and blast him with whatever hilarious inconveniences I could think of.. Order him 20 pizzas for delivery from every pizza restaurant in HK, hire some kids to egg his car, something along those lines...

anyone think they can track down any address/phone info for Wouter van der Schagt? Maybe dig up some dirt? Perhaps if we're enough of an annoyance he'll concede to make recompense...
wpsimp

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 02:26:48 PM

His QoinPro email is w.vdschagt@qoinpro.com

How much spam can we sign him up for?   Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: