Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:51:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If strong countries in the world decide to stop this market. Can they do it?  (Read 490 times)
jaymmagne

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:03:43 PM

Some countries regulates their government to stop bitcoin transactions but it's very difficult for them to stop it right now. Many high influence people have some connections with bitcoin as of today.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cherry yu

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

Vertex.Market, the World's First ICO Aftermarket

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:13:42 PM

many people patronizing bitcoin , i think it cannot stop easily the market. in what basis they stop the market? because of fear that it might control thier economy? if specific country ban bitcoin yes... but  stop the market i doubt it. people who are connected in blockcahin crypto will find the to way to acess.

daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:38:35 PM

I think the possibility of a very strong country government can remove bitcoin, of course, but it is likely to be very difficult, which may happen is that market prices will fall drastically, due to reduced investor confidence, and the reason for bitcoin is very difficult to remove is because there are so many big companies that use blockchain and bitcoin technology, so it has been considered important for their economy

7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:41:23 PM

The governments around the world could restrict the market and they could ban the usage of banks and their national currencies to trade crypto currencies but the market will move on and if the common people can create this market then we will find a solution for all the hurdles, the most important thing they should understand is that if they legalize things they could monitor the flow of money and if not it will be nearly impossible to track and i think government wants the upper hand and thereby legalizing it will be the only solution.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:46:30 PM

Absolutely no way can it be stopped. To do that they'd have to shut down the internet and all banking.

Can they massively dampen it? You bet. They can do a China and block sites, ban exchanges and order banks to reject anything identifiable as crypto. That's still not going to stop it but it would deter a lot of people.

In time the people who'd been deterred might see that the markets continue as decentralised exchanges improve, private trading platforms get better and P2P becomes the norm and then the deterred get back in at which point the government efforts prove to have been a waste. They've just helped to ignite a market that exists outside government control, has no interest in returning to it and has been thoroughly battle tested to resist it.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:01:15 AM

many people patronizing bitcoin , i think it cannot stop easily the market. in what basis they stop the market? because of fear that it might control thier economy? if specific country ban bitcoin yes... but  stop the market i doubt it. people who are connected in blockcahin crypto will find the to way to acess.
Yes.People will still pursue to make an access to bitcoin even if it takes harder for them.I think there's no way to stop bitcoin,unless if the internet will be shut down.All the transactions will not be successfully made.Strong countries may stop the market but bitcoin will still continue.For sure this will bring negative pressures and the price will be affected again.But still people are strong enough to face all these trials.

jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:27:11 AM

The cannot do that to stop market or even use of bitcoin. Like Korea and China they banning some crypto currencies market but still most of players and traders are Chinese and Koreans. Im not comparing bitcoin to drugs but if you know drugs is prohibited but still a lot of users.

#Taklimakan
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:28:29 AM

If strong countries in the world decide to stop this market. Can they do it?
I understand the power of blockchain, but i really wonder if there is a way for REALLY strong countries to stop this market and also stop the people from trading/using it.
what do you think?
Of course, the world's leading states can, if desired, greatly harm the circulation of the crypto currency by closing all the possible and under their jurisdiction crypto-exchange exchanges, exchangers, core sites and establishing responsibility for using crypto currency. However, in practice, such association of these states with the purpose of prohibiting crypto currency is hardly possible. In addition, the end of such attempts is difficult to say. People will always have the opportunity to use the crypto currency until the Internet exists and if at least one state allows the existence of crypto-exchange exchanges and exchangers on its territory.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: