Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:12:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are you all holding your Bitcoin for the fork?  (Read 1262 times)
roddy5

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:55:13 AM

My bitcoi s was always in secure paper wallets which I can see my private keys. If you are in doubt of what you should do to get you post-fork coins i reccomend for you to store at any wallet which you can control your private keys and withdraw then of all exchanges or hot wallets.

I think during forks bitcoins that are stored on a paper wallet will not be awarded with the new token.
You should put your bitcoins into a wallet that will support the new coin to make sure that you will have it during the fork.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:57:32 AM

My bitcoi s was always in secure paper wallets which I can see my private keys. If you are in doubt of what you should do to get you post-fork coins i reccomend for you to store at any wallet which you can control your private keys and withdraw then of all exchanges or hot wallets.

I think during forks bitcoins that are stored on a paper wallet will not be awarded with the new token.
You should put your bitcoins into a wallet that will support the new coin to make sure that you will have it during the fork.
As long as you have access to your private keys it doesn't matter where you store your Bitcoin during forks. You will just have to use the private key in the respective wallet to pick up your coins.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:57:25 PM

As long as you have access to your private keys it doesn't matter where you store your Bitcoin during forks. You will just have to use the private key in the respective wallet to pick up your coins.

It doesn't matter where we store them indeed since it's not on an exchange or an online wallet but then in a safe wallet where we can generate and hold our own private keys i think it's secured that way as long as we don't get reckless and give out those keys to the wrong hands.
ashao1015

Activity: 529
Merit: 251

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:02:47 PM

It doesn't really matter in what wallet you storing your bitcoins during fork. Even if the wallet doesn't support new fork you can import your private key in the another wallet that supports it in the future. I use electrum most of the time.

███████████████████████████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████

BLACKBOX OS
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████████▀▀█████
███████▀▀▀    █████
███▀    ▄▄▀  ▐█████
█████▄▄█     ██████
██████▌ ▄█▄  ██████
███████████████████
███████████████████

█ ANN THREAD █
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:00:29 PM

It doesn't matter where we store them indeed since it's not on an exchange or an online wallet but then in a safe wallet where we can generate and hold our own private keys i think it's secured that way as long as we don't get reckless and give out those keys to the wrong hands.
Don't ever give your keys to anyone, period.
joolss

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:16:15 PM

Yes to this.
I use Coinbase + two factor authenticator.
Their announcement about "24hrs" made the deal to me.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:47:37 PM

Yes to this.
I use Coinbase + two factor authenticator.
Their announcement about "24hrs" made the deal to me.

Not bad but it could also be better if you got yourself a wallet with your own private keys and not 2 factor authentication, what if the exchange themselves get hacked? You'll still loose your coins any way and so i suggest you get yourself a secured wallet with your private keys.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: