Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:16:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Doesn’t Western Union or Moneygram Use Bitcoin?  (Read 3498 times)
CROYA86

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 04:59:28 PM

The short answer is that Western Union doesn’t need Bitcoin in its current infantile state. Conversely, if and when Bitcoin reaches adulthood the world would no longer need Western Union.
I really liked the above statement and this is one of the fewest articles that I really enjoyed reading on cointelegraph[1].

[1] https://cointelegraph.com/news/why-doesnt-western-union-or-moneygram-use-bitcoin#

well what you say when western union bitcoin was not necessary anymore, because the transfer system is almost the same,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 06:11:32 PM

I think if they enable bitcoin option currency as their transaction , major people will use bitcoin instead fiat since bitcoin provide smaller fee
But in other side , bitcoin still consider as risky investation so let say if they enable bitcoin and bitcoin value suddenly dump , it become major loss for their company
Why they need to allow Bitcoin as their transaction, Bitcoin is not related to western union and money gram, it is a unique cryptocurrency and to use this we don't need any other companies help. People can use this easily without any paperwork and without giving any document. So for me also the Bitcoin is best to compare WU and MG.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 05:55:01 AM

Because these two types of remittance will certainly break their own business if they are going to accept bitcoin.

And if ever they will accept bitcoin, it means that they surrendered to bitcoin. Just look at PayPal, though they are aware about bitcoin's potential and success.

They still don't adopt it

There may be plenty of reasons why they don't accept or adopt Bitcoin

I have already mentioned it before but it seems to be worth mentioning it again. PayPal just like other remittance companies such as Western Union or MoneyGram is working in many countries across the world, but Bitcoin regulation differs between countries dramatically. In some countries it is perfectly legal and welcome (say, in Switzerland, known for their love toward hard currencies) while in others it is outright prohibited (say, in Iceland), so these services may run into serious legal issues when sending bitcoins to the latter countries. It is like weed in the US, in some states like Washington it is legal, in some others like Indiana it is illegal

Yes I did mentioned that already but you are getting far from the whole topic we are just talking about moneygram and western union only here.

But your comparison seems to be true and I find it right. I really can't see that they will accept bitcoin in the future.

Or else their business will be dead.

Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 06:58:09 AM

Bitcoin is like fully automated WU or Moneygram. For them to use bitcoin they would have to fire most of their workers because they would have no purpose as everything would be automated. Ofcourse they could have some staff but the staff would be a lot lower.

World is really fucked up and all those silly jobs like being a banker or a broker should be completly obsolete. Not only that those jobs are pointless, but to throw a salt to the wound, the people employed there takes a very high salary.

The same shit is with marketing. The marketing people do stuff that should be crowd based. Its the people that should be talking to eachother what is worthwhile to buy not listening to some fucked up manipulating devils.

I can say people deserve what they get. Lets just make a Bitcoinlandia and make our own country and leave those who feed those corporate trolls.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 05:03:14 PM

I think if they enable bitcoin option currency as their transaction , major people will use bitcoin instead fiat since bitcoin provide smaller fee
But in other side , bitcoin still consider as risky investation so let say if they enable bitcoin and bitcoin value suddenly dump , it become major loss for their company
Why they need to allow Bitcoin as their transaction, Bitcoin is not related to western union and money gram, it is a unique cryptocurrency and to use this we don't need any other companies help. People can use this easily without any paperwork and without giving any document. So for me also the Bitcoin is best to compare WU and MG.
yes that is right to say that bitcoin has no concern with western union or money gram. bitcoin is a digital currency just like fiat currency, bitcoin can be use for both online ans well as online purposes. but actually the users of bitcoin are currently not present in all over the world and that is the reason that yet bitcoin is not available in all hops for shopping but hope that in future we can expect that bitcoin will be be accepted in all over the world.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 04:30:24 AM

Because these two types of remittance will certainly break their own business if they are going to accept bitcoin.

And if ever they will accept bitcoin, it means that they surrendered to bitcoin. Just look at PayPal, though they are aware about bitcoin's potential and success.

They still don't adopt it

There may be plenty of reasons why they don't accept or adopt Bitcoin

I have already mentioned it before but it seems to be worth mentioning it again. PayPal just like other remittance companies such as Western Union or MoneyGram is working in many countries across the world, but Bitcoin regulation differs between countries dramatically. In some countries it is perfectly legal and welcome (say, in Switzerland, known for their love toward hard currencies) while in others it is outright prohibited (say, in Iceland), so these services may run into serious legal issues when sending bitcoins to the latter countries. It is like weed in the US, in some states like Washington it is legal, in some others like Indiana it is illegal

Yes I did mentioned that already but you are getting far from the whole topic we are just talking about moneygram and western union only here.

But your comparison seems to be true and I find it right. I really can't see that they will accept bitcoin in the future

Me getting far from the whole topic, wtf?

It was you who first mentioned PayPal, and now you come to reprimand me that I just followed your thought? It is the same with MoneyGram and Western Union as with PayPal. I had been using PayPal in the past and I know for certain that they have to comply with local rules and laws. For example, you can't transact with US dollars directly outside the US. Dollars have to converted to local currencies, and their exchange rates are not very far from being outright extortionate

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: