Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:18:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NMC] Namecoin Wallet (QT) with integrated Name Registration v3.75  (Read 78504 times)
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:23:55 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 05:48:47 PM by snailbrain

It seems it is not possible to only do a name_new via the GUI? I clicked cancel on the firstupdate screen but it did the firstupdates anyway on the next start...

If I click "cancel" on the initial firstupdate screen it should do nothing.

it will do it.. but you can use console if you wanted to do a name_new and not do a firtstupdate, but why? Cheesy
This is quite unexpected. Maybe I want to do the name_firstupdate at a certain point in time?

Also if I enter data into the configure screen the first time it pops up will it then always do a third name_op?  name_new, name_firstupdate with default data, name_update with my data?

The point is maybe i would like to time the name_firstupdate to a certain point in time to sync it with normal domain registration for example. I think this is quite an important point.

if you want to do name firstupdate at a certain point in time we would have to remove auto firstupdate.. but you can just do name_new in console window if you wanted to do your method?.. then do the firstupdate whenever you want..

if you enter data in config screen (when create a new name) it will only do the 2 name_ops .. (not 3).. the coins for first_update are reserved with name_new, and released with the first update...

to do the last bit you would need to use console window or namecoind...

i will double check what i said is correct..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:41:21 PM

build successful but:

Code:
 ./namecoin-qt 
[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
namecoin-qt: Fatal IO error 11 (Die Ressource ist zur Zeit nicht verfügbar) on X server :0.
namecoin-qt: ../../src/xcb_io.c:274: poll_for_event: Zusicherung »!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost« nicht erfüllt.
Abgebrochen (Speicherabzug geschrieben)
Huh
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:12:37 PM

It seems it is not possible to only do a name_new via the GUI? I clicked cancel on the firstupdate screen but it did the firstupdates anyway on the next start...

it will do it.. but you can use console if you wanted to do a name_new and not do a firtstupdate, but why? Cheesy
This is quite unexpected. Maybe I want to do the name_firstupdate at a certain point in time?

Also if I enter data into the configure screen the first time it pops up will it then always do a third name_op?  name_new, name_firstupdate with default data, name_update with my data?

The point is maybe i would like to time the name_firstupdate to a certain point in time to sync it with normal domain registration for example. I think this is quite an important point.

if you want to do name firstupdate at a certain point in time we would have to remove auto firstupdate.. but you can just do name_new in console window if you wanted to do your method?.. then do the firstupdate whenever you want..

if you enter data in config screen (when create a new name) it will only do the 2 name_ops .. (not 3).. the coins for first_update are reserved with name_new, and released with the first update...

Why not do the firstupdate after the first click on ok on the config screen? It may be slightly more easy to miss a firstupdate but that's what I would have expected.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:36:57 PM

Why not do the firstupdate after the first click on ok on the config screen? It may be slightly more easy to miss a firstupdate but that's what I would have expected.

I think not many people will want to do what you want to do, and those that do, can probably do it all manually?

also note:
any edit replaces data in the postponed firstupdate, not adds a new name update.

Our motivation is to hide implementation details from the user, so he does not have to know of different name_ops. Like Bitcoin does not allow you to send coins from specific tx-out, but picks coins automatically (yet you can use console & raw transaction commands to do special transactions)....

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:39:30 PM

build successful but:

Code:
 ./namecoin-qt 
[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
namecoin-qt: Fatal IO error 11 (Die Ressource ist zur Zeit nicht verfügbar) on X server :0.
namecoin-qt: ../../src/xcb_io.c:274: poll_for_event: Zusicherung »!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost« nicht erfüllt.
Abgebrochen (Speicherabzug geschrieben)
Huh

Comment out "daemon=1" in your namecoin.conf file .... http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4901#p4901

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 06:13:07 PM

Hello snailbrain, you have done a fantastic job with this namecoin Qt, it is a pleasure to use this program.
It seems to work like a charm on my pc (win7 64 bit)

I just donated you 0.5 Bitcoin to 19wDA8D9fnYdp71DhQygWYktHnmW4ygTN9

I would have a request for an additional functionality:

Auto-Renew. Can you update the program so that I can set a value somewhere, say "block:1000"
and whenever a name reaches the "expires in 1000" message, then an automatic update is
triggered once, costing 0.005 NMC.

I say "1000" as an example. Some people would want to not run the risk of having to update the name
when it has already "run out"... so they would want to be precautious and make the update a little bit earlier...

Can this be done? It would be great to have this automated.

Thanks for this nice program.

Greetings,

George

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:03:16 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2013, 08:12:22 PM by snailbrain

Hello snailbrain, you have done a fantastic job with this namecoin Qt, it is a pleasure to use this program.
It seems to work like a charm on my pc (win7 64 bit)

I just donated you 0.5 Bitcoin to 19wDA8D9fnYdp71DhQygWYktHnmW4ygTN9

I would have a request for an additional functionality:

Auto-Renew. Can you update the program so that I can set a value somewhere, say "block:1000"
and whenever a name reaches the "expires in 1000" message, then an automatic update is
triggered once, costing 0.005 NMC.

I say "1000" as an example. Some people would want to not run the risk of having to update the name
when it has already "run out"... so they would want to be precautious and make the update a little bit earlier...

Can this be done? It would be great to have this automated.

Thanks for this nice program.

Greetings,

George

apologies for the late reply .. only just noticed this message..

thank you very much for the donation (and to whomever donated 0.5btc on the 10th)...

it's possible to add auto-renew but the client would need to be running.. also we would have to reserve the coins prior to it.. in all honesty it's going to be a "bit" too much for now... but we may add it in the future
Also the namecoin community is working on new fees, which may include longer expiry times.. might be best to wait to see what they come up with.

Thanks again

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:58:07 PM

new update, minor changes.. new getrawmempool rpc command added.. see op

backup wallet as always (as with any coin)

nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:16:52 PM

Thanks to the work of snailbrain and crew, DividendRippler now supports NMC
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 12:30:59 PM

Very cool
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 02:02:58 PM

Thanks to the work of snailbrain and crew, DividendRippler now supports NMC

thank you to yourself and team for supporting namecoin and it's continued development Smiley

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:25:20 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2013, 10:35:47 PM by snailbrain

New Update Namecoin-qt 3.67 beta

* listtransactions now includes name operations
* transaction details (double-click) show correct amounts for name operations
* added address column in the name table
* added address to the Configure Name dialog
* added red notice about 12 blocks delay to the Configure Name dialog
* "Expires in" now shows "pending" instead of empty cell
* value length in Configure Name limited to 519 bytes (due to limitation in CScript)
* HtmlEscape for names in the GUI

phelix
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:45:20 PM

New Update Namecoin-qt 3.67 beta

* listtransactions now includes name operations
* transaction details (double-click) show correct amounts for name operations
* added address column in the name table
* added address to the Configure Name dialog
* added red notice about 12 blocks delay to the Configure Name dialog
* "Expires in" now shows "pending" instead of empty cell
* value length in Configure Name limited to 519 bytes (due to limitation in CScript)
* HtmlEscape for names in the GUI
Nice. Will test asap.
virtualmaster

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:37:45 PM

Smiley Smiley Smiley
It seems to work fine. Thanks.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:03:52 PM

Namecoin-qt -mac "Lion+" 3.67 added - courtesy of Maxpower https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216672

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/3aa8ukj7v6m5d/Namecoin-qt

phelix
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 07:59:34 AM

I sometimes get names that show "pending (update)". It seems to be a general problem, though, not only of this version. For some reason a transaction was not included in a block and is not being rebroadcast. Unfortunately it is not possible to do another update ("pending operations on that name"). IIRC I would have to delete that tx manually and then do another update. Proper fix probably would be to rebroadcast stuck tx on startup and periodically.

Also there are a handful of coins shown on the overview that stay unconfirmed all the time.

Besides these probably general Namecoin problems everything seems to work fine so far.
cassini

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:15:51 PM

names that show "pending (update)"
This happens when issueing a name_update too late, I think. For example, the name has still 5 blocks to live while you do the name_update. But the network then experiences 5 or more single-transaction blocks like today's blocks 130747 to 130751.

Also there are a handful of coins shown on the overview that stay unconfirmed all the time.
This looks like doing a name_firstupdate and then turning off the PC before the tx becomes included in the blockchain.

Have you ever tried  deletetransaction on one of these?
phelix
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:56:16 PM

names that show "pending (update)"
This happens when issueing a name_update too late, I think. For example, the name has still 5 blocks to live while you do the name_update. But the network then experiences 5 or more single-transaction blocks like today's blocks 130747 to 130751.

This looks like doing a name_firstupdate and then turning off the PC before the tx becomes included in the blockchain.

Have you ever tried  deletetransaction on one of these?
Turns out I even wrote a script for this problem a while ago: http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=114    Roll Eyes

To test I used deletetransaction from the debug console (you have to search for the address in listtransactions output not the name). Restarted and the name was completely gone and could be reregistered.

Looking at the source transactions should be automatically rebroadcast...  not sure why it did not do it.

I guess this problem is out of the scope of this version.
phelix
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 12:30:56 PM

I got a couple of "IRQL less or equal", "ndis.sys" / "CLFS.SYS" BSOD crashes (win8/64) on shutting down Namecoin-Qt. Did anybody run into the same problem?

I added some fixes from Bitcoin in the hope they will fix the issue:

https://github.com/phelixnmc/namecoin-qt
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:11:34 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2013, 08:27:57 PM by snailbrain

3.69 - Small Fixes

https://github.com/namecoin-qt/namecoin-qt

includes Phelix's easywinbuilder (in contrib folder)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: