Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:33:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NMC] Namecoin Wallet (QT) with integrated Name Registration v3.75  (Read 78511 times)
IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:12:12 PM

Yeah, I rescanned it straight away but it made no difference. But it's cool, everything seems to be working as it should, I just hope my p2pool merged setup will recognise the single wallet address. Is there a way to test it do you know? Or do I just have to wait and see if a payment goes in?

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
Nite69

Activity: 477

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 03:44:46 PM

A feature suggestion: when signing a message, namecoin-qt should offer all name owner keys for signing it. See discussion on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304470.0

Sync: ShiSKnx4W6zrp69YEFQyWk5TkpnfKLA8wx
Bitcoin: 17gNvfoD2FDqTfESUxNEmTukGbGVAiJhXp
Litecoin: LhbDew4s9wbV8xeNkrdFcLK5u78APSGLrR
AuroraCoin: AXVoGgYtSVkPv96JLL7CiwcyVvPxXHXRK9
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 10:12:27 PM

A feature suggestion: when signing a message, namecoin-qt should offer all name owner keys for signing it. See discussion on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304470.0
You just need the address. It displays that and you can easily copy it. Then use signmessage on namecoind or help-->debugwindow-->console
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 10:29:53 PM

UPDATE: new in 3.64

Various Bug fixes/improvements
JSON Validation Check
Configure names for .bit domains (d/<name>'s) is now much easier for the "standard user"..

Please use with care (works fine on windows, could use some linux testers)

Source
https://github.com/namecoin-qt/namecoin-qt

Binaries
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/3aa8ukj7v6m5d/Namecoin-qt

Mac files not updated*

this is great thanks

downloaded zip from github and extracted but clicking  namecoin-qt.pro to run? is this wrong
seems strange contents to normal zip where is straight forward
forgive me if missing obvious
or is there a step by step how to guide when downloading

if not, be great if there was, not in faq's

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 10:31:53 PM

UPDATE: new in 3.64

Various Bug fixes/improvements
JSON Validation Check
Configure names for .bit domains (d/<name>'s) is now much easier for the "standard user"..

Please use with care (works fine on windows, could use some linux testers)

Source
https://github.com/namecoin-qt/namecoin-qt

Binaries

Mac files not updated*

this is great thanks

downloaded zip from github and extracted but clicking  namecoin-qt.pro to run? is this wrong
seems strange contents to normal zip where is straight forward
forgive me if missing obvious
or is there a step by step how to guide when downloading

if not, be great if there was, not in faq's

you downloaded the source from github...

you can download the exe for windows from the mediafire link..

or now from official website www.namecoin.info (windows binary)

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:06:49 PM

Added Mac (LION+) 3.72 Binaries.. Compiled by Maxpower ..  Backup first..

In-case anyone doesn't know,, there is a Hard Fork.. All upgrade to v3.72 before block 150000.

davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 06:22:00 PM

It seems there is some way to go making install instructions for Namecoin on Linux, fullproof.

If namecoin is going to be used widely, it needs to be simple for everyone, not just devs.

I've had namecoind running previously and yet I struggled with this upgrade. Instructions are confused even on the main sites; it's unclear and off-putting why there are three repositories and how there are now so many warnings - someone here's suggested you can suppress those, so why not do that..

http://dot-bit.org/BuildNamecoinQTFromSource
Worked on a Mint13 for the qt but not for the daemon. That Mint13 install had clutter of software available, so must have had something to support it.
On Mint 14 those instructions failed with error - in '/src/qt/bitcoin/qtc': Cannot find file 'local/bitcoin_bg.qm'

Fortunately I've complied alsorts of random coins a while back and using qtcreator on the namecoin-qt.pro does work. I'm still without a daemon though and I'd have preferred having that, expecting it can do everything and the GUI perhaps is limited.

Given that the upgrade relative to Dec15th is apparently important, it is odd that there seems to be a requirement that user be committed enough to battle through poor instructions; even the main namecoin sites have old links and instructions for previous installations. If people are to invest and then use Namecoin, it has to be foolproof and fullproof.

Perhaps, I'm missing something here and I haven't spent enough time catching up enough detail.. but then why should that be necessary?..

Undecided

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:49:47 PM

It seems there is some way to go making install instructions for Namecoin on Linux, fullproof.

If namecoin is going to be used widely, it needs to be simple for everyone, not just devs.

I've had namecoind running previously and yet I struggled with this upgrade. Instructions are confused even on the main sites; it's unclear and off-putting why there are three repositories and how there are now so many warnings - someone here's suggested you can suppress those, so why not do that..

http://dot-bit.org/BuildNamecoinQTFromSource
Worked on a Mint13 for the qt but not for the daemon. That Mint13 install had clutter of software available, so must have had something to support it.
On Mint 14 those instructions failed with error - in '/src/qt/bitcoin/qtc': Cannot find file 'local/bitcoin_bg.qm'

Fortunately I've complied alsorts of random coins a while back and using qtcreator on the namecoin-qt.pro does work. I'm still without a daemon though and I'd have preferred having that, expecting it can do everything and the GUI perhaps is limited.

Given that the upgrade relative to Dec15th is apparently important, it is odd that there seems to be a requirement that user be committed enough to battle through poor instructions; even the main namecoin sites have old links and instructions for previous installations. If people are to invest and then use Namecoin, it has to be foolproof and fullproof.

Perhaps, I'm missing something here and I haven't spent enough time catching up enough detail.. but then why should that be necessary?..

Undecided

the instructions on the link should work (and we haven't had an influx of people saying it doesn't), if you have some trouble then please post on dot-bit forum and maybe some linux expert can help.. and then we can update the wiki (or you can update it yourself)

I think Moa uses Mint, but not sure which version.

also, are you sure this is not a warning and the error is something else? (probably i'm wrong but it did a small google which may indicate this)

could be unrelated but are you on 32bit or 64bit? https://github.com/namecoinq/namecoinq/pull/4

Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:29:49 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 08:31:17 PM by Adrian-x

I'm quite excited to see all this development, thank to everyone and congratulation to the developers for Namecoin QT.

I only just discovered this after telling a friend why I thought NameCoin was the only worthwhile alt coin.  And the downside is it was all command line as no GUI existed - but Bing here it is.

I stopped mining about 2 months ago and got rid of my old machines. (I could get the one I used for NMC back but it would take a week) so being impaction this is where I am.  

I have a back up of my wallet .dat from the first or second windows version.
After installing namecoin-QT on a new computer and downloading the blockchain I replaced the new wallet.dat with my old wallet .dat.
Below is the error I get when I launch namecoin QT.

I get the same error when I run namecoind.
I am using Windows 7.

so to help how can i import my old namecoind wallet.dat?

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:38:27 PM

this could just be you but will look into it, there's been a few thousand downloads and not heard anything like this yet (did help someone with a corrupted wallet though)
maybe your wallet is corrupted.. if you have a backup try that,
also backup everything (including chain) then delete all except wallet, and see if it starts downloading the chain, just to eliminate all that side..

Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:19:53 PM

also backup everything (including chain) then delete all except wallet, and see if it starts downloading the chain, just to eliminate all that side..
I tryed that simmilar result, the logs above may have been from that attempt.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:29:02 PM

and it still works with the old daemon?

Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:29:38 PM

maybe your wallet is corrupted.. if you have a backup try that,

Thanks, I searched for another backup, installed it and Namecoin QT has launched, have to sync the block chain but I'm feeling happy again.

Is there a blockchain.info type service for namecoin?

Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:30:53 PM

that I don't know as the computer is in storage.

I'm sorted though I found another backup and it worked.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:52:04 PM

that I don't know as the computer is in storage.

I'm sorted though I found another backup and it worked.

excellent Smiley

>blockchain.info
there isn't a service like that, yet...

Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:09:12 PM

@ snailbrain  thanks

Kumala

Activity: 525

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:24:26 PM

Downloaded and installed latest version from https://github.com/namecoin/namecoin

getinfo shows version 35100

Is this right?

Don't want to be on the wrong side of the chain when we hit 150K.

Hacked Account! Don't send any money.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:36:21 PM

yes that one has been updated

hopefully will be one repo soon Smiley

pinovero

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:24:23 PM

I have a problem with a Ubuntu 64x compiled

the whole compilation went well, configuration ok and starting fine, but I was able to start namecoind only from root!
when I try to start from normal user:

Code:
bash-4.2$ ./namecoind
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
Aborted
bash-4.2$

some hints?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:41:48 PM

I have a problem with a Ubuntu 64x compiled
here with Ubuntu 13.10 no go with building:
Code:
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -fstack-protector-all -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -D_REENTRANT -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstack-protector -fPIE -DGUI -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -DLINUX -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/share/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -Isrc -Isrc/json -Isrc/qt -I/usr/include/qt5 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore -Ibuild -o build/bitcoin.o src/qt/bitcoin.cpp
src/qt/bitcoin.cpp:5:24: fatal error: QApplication: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
 #include <QApplication>
                        ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/bitcoin.o] Fehler 1
and with another try:
Code:
obj/nogui/rpc.o: In Funktion `boost::asio::ssl::context::context(boost::asio::io_service&, boost::asio::ssl::context_base::method)':
rpc.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost4asio3ssl7contextC2ERNS0_10io_serviceENS1_12context_base6methodE[_ZN5boost4asio3ssl7contextC5ERNS0_10io_serviceENS1_12context_base6methodE]+0x91): Nicht definierter Verweis auf `SSLv2_method'
rpc.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost4asio3ssl7contextC2ERNS0_10io_serviceENS1_12context_base6methodE[_ZN5boost4asio3ssl7contextC5ERNS0_10io_serviceENS1_12context_base6methodE]+0xa1): Nicht definierter Verweis auf `SSLv2_client_method'
rpc.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost4asio3ssl7contextC2ERNS0_10io_serviceENS1_12context_base6methodE[_ZN5boost4asio3ssl7contextC5ERNS0_10io_serviceENS1_12context_base6methodE]+0xb1): Nicht definierter Verweis auf `SSLv2_server_method'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [namecoind] Fehler 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: