Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:17:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ALT hodl'ers vs BTC/ETH bulls - What to make of ALT's moving forward  (Read 401 times)
telcoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 03:09:10 AM

Curious to hear people's opinions regarding the rocket of BTC and the bear of Alt's. Do you think a correction is coming or do you think this is the event horizon for darwinism to cut through the ALT's and only bring a handful along for the rocket ride? Btc dip, dump, buy alts, hodl? btc for life? Alt hold and pray? Alt master strategy? Let's chat!
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:16:03 AM

No one knows but everyone is hoping for a alt pump after the fork and if that doesn't happen people will most likely cut their losses.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
mjacer

Activity: 170
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:33:12 AM

I think this will be corrected after the hardfork.  And some alt coins will go up.  Many other alt coins will come out.
pikatju

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:38:25 AM

After trading for a while I refuse to sell my alts with a loss. Simply hold and wait for the time to change. It will come back in the long run.

telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 03:46:34 AM

After trading for a while I refuse to sell my alts with a loss. Simply hold and wait for the time to change. It will come back in the long run.

I'm totally with you on this one! I think this new money is coming in and people are just enjoying the wave without knowing the crypto-economics behind it.
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 04:34:07 AM

I think this will be corrected after the hardfork.  And some alt coins will go up.  Many other alt coins will come out.

You don't think this dip in ALT's will scare people away from coming out with more ICO's?
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 05:13:36 AM

Which alts do you have going up? Moreover, what about ICO's starting at the end of the month? What you think will happen with them? Disadvantage from the start?
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 05:16:44 AM

Yeah no point selling them now in panic and facing the loss rather just hold and wait it should go back up in few weeks.

tukangkopi

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:38:33 AM

My prediction after fork later bitcoin will stabilize at 7k $ and eth will rise 50% or even more
sofakingporkhunt

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:05:52 AM

Alt season will come in time, BTC will correct and new money will flow.
n4poleon

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:16:53 AM

If you we're here long enough, you should be aware with these signs, especially now btc is on bull run. Overall, this is good for the entire crytpocurrency market. Alts bull run will commence its cycle again soon, it's kinda too predictable.
Tamy

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:26:51 AM

Nobody knows what will happen but majority of us think and hope that after the fork, altcoins will start to rise. I expect that bitcoin will stabilize after fork, and people will start to trade with altcoins. Good altcoins like ETH will  rise after the fork. So I will hold my altcoins and waiting to see what will happen after fork. Hopefully better times for alts are coming.
renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:37:25 AM

It is because of fork, not a natural grow, so we will see bitcoin crashing hard soon. For altcoins which altcoins? Not all will rise
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:37:36 AM

I am expecting obvious correction to bitcoin as its price is multiplied too much.
I think it will affect other altcoins especially strong ones like ethereum, litecoin and will create new bull run. Slow but steady.
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 05:18:03 AM

I am expecting obvious correction to bitcoin as its price is multiplied too much.
I think it will affect other altcoins especially strong ones like ethereum, litecoin and will create new bull run. Slow but steady.

annnnd you were spot on as it just corrected itself
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:28:56 AM

Curious to hear people's opinions regarding the rocket of BTC and the bear of Alt's. Do you think a correction is coming or do you think this is the event horizon for darwinism to cut through the ALT's and only bring a handful along for the rocket ride? Btc dip, dump, buy alts, hodl? btc for life? Alt hold and pray? Alt master strategy? Let's chat!

This by no means is a bear market for alts. Ethereum, Litecoin, Zcash and many other alts were trading below $20 at the beginning of the year and now they are trading for $300 (ETH), $220 (ZEC) and $55 (LTC). So even Litecoin the lowest of the bunch is 12x the price of its March 29, 2017 price of $4.37.
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:31:33 AM

One thing I will say here is for everyone to diversify and be ready to respond swiftly and precisely to market condition ad they come. Bitcoin is not going anywhere (not in terms of price) so also is altcoin as well. But if you are nit vigilante on your holdings in altcoin, Your altcoin might become worthless in time!
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:39:29 AM

the strategy used for bitcoin never changes. it is going to be always the same.
bitcoin is a long term investment while altcoins are penny stock market, only good for short term.

in my experience the sooner you accept this fact the sooner you start making real money in this market. because holding altcoins like ETH for long term means you are imprisoning your money in something that best case scenario doesn't move and normal case scenario gets dumped hard.

but instead if you move your money around from altcoin to altcoin and participate in their pumps you make a lot of money and you can always come back to the first altcoin if you saw it getting pumped again. you don't have to hold the shitcoin until it is pumped!

Buying the dip...
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 10:14:21 AM

One thing I will say here is for everyone to diversify and be ready to respond swiftly and precisely to market condition ad they come. Bitcoin is not going anywhere (not in terms of price) so also is altcoin as well. But if you are nit vigilante on your holdings in altcoin, Your altcoin might become worthless in time!

Which websites do you use to track altcoins that allow you to move quickly when you see something about to happen in the market?
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:18:46 AM

Altcoin investing in my opinion takes a lot more patience than bitcoin holding because in various periods of time you'll feel like that the price is absolutely going nowhere and that your altcoin investment is just going dead.

The correction in bitcoin's price has already come. And alts has risen a lot today.

In the long term, i think that the equilibrium for bitcoin dominance is around 2/3 of the entire crypto market cap. The index will always revert back to that percentage or thereabouts.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: