Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:44:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freewallet.org SCAMSTER or THEIF or ??... PLEASE HELP  (Read 255 times)
sagar_is (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:43:04 AM

Ok i am pretty new to the forum. I am using freewallet for quite some time without any problem

Recently on 4th Nov using freewallet app i exchanged BTC->ETH and BCC-> ETH.

I received equivalent ETH from BCC exchange. BUT BTC to ETH exchange never came through.

Being patient i contacted the support team. Gave them all tx ids etc etc. They kept on assuring me that you will not loose your BTC or ETH..

If any one from Freewallet.org here please sort this out. As your support team is sleeping it doesnt take 72hrs or 4 days for exchange..

my user ID : 3f4b433c

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:51:53 AM

Ok i am pretty new to the forum. I am using freewallet for quite some time without any problem

I received equivalent ETH from BCC exchange. BUT BTC to ETH exchange never came through.

Being patient i contacted the support team. Gave them all tx ids etc etc. They kept on assuring me that you will not loose your BTC or ETH..

If any one from Freewallet.org here please sort this out. As your support team is sleeping it doesnt take 72hrs or 4 days for exchange..

General comment, for holding funds never use an online wallet.

This reddit thread has the maker of the free wallet product.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4jmk1g/warning_to_1000_users_of_ethereum_wallet_by/
MMostaza

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:15:31 PM

Maybe this article can help you. Is another little advice to take in account when is time to make a movement with your wallet:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/how-to-protect-yourself-from-the-cryptoshuffle-trojan

You have to be very sure in which wallet are you relying and even with that, the theft can happens hacking your own clipboard. So we need to have 100 eyes opened  Wink 

Freewallet

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 12:35:11 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2017, 03:22:54 PM by Freewallet

Sagar, sorry for taking so long! That's not a typical situation with an exchange. We've already contacted our partner, Changelly.com, who's powering the exchanges in our app: they've been looking into your case as well. It seems your transaction wasn't completed due to network issues, which is why you should get your BTC back. Our support reps will let you know as soon as your refund is completed. Apologies for the inconvenience!

UPD: Your refund has been delivered to your BTC address with Freewallet. Again, apologies for the delay!

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
Freewallet

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 12:49:34 PM

General comment, for holding funds never use an online wallet.

This reddit thread has the maker of the free wallet product.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4jmk1g/warning_to_1000_users_of_ethereum_wallet_by/

The topic starter on Reddit provides no actual information on any scam activities related to Freewallet because there are none. We're one of several custodial wallets on the market, the service model we use doesn't make us or Coinbase, for example, a scam. This is an open & decentralized market, people are free to evaluate the risks and make their choice of this or that service by themselves.

The reason we believe it's not feasible to provide private keys to individual wallet addresses is because it would prevent our users from taking advantage of our secure cold storage technology to safely store their funds. We're currently working on a way to enable exporting/importing private keys without losing the benefits of the cold storage technology we offer; this feature should be available soon.

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: