Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:01:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Buy A Hash Scrypt Mining Rigs - $1 per KH or Better  (Read 823 times)
Benny1985 (OP)

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:49:00 PM

Hi everyone,

If you didn't know by now, I run a small (but growing) mining farm. For a few months, we've worked on our own internal rigs, in tandem with our online store, selling affordable PCI-E risers, while expanding into other products that focus on Scrypt-based mining.

One product we've wanted to build, and are now able to do so are pre-built rigs: http://buyahash.com/products-2/#category=prebuilt-rig&search=

First off, yes, you can build them for cheaper yourself. Our parts are nothing special, other than the fact that we do get a few parts sourced at wholesale like risers, dual-PSU adapters, and ATX reset switches. This allows us to be marginally cheaper than any other company that makes Scrypt rigs (the 3-4 I can find, at least). In making our prices competitive, we're about 10% cheaper than any other company, as far as I'm aware of. We also have a price-match, and performance guarantee on our rigs. They will hash for 24hrs at the rate advertised, or else you get the difference paid back to you, no questions asked.

These rigs are milk crate-style, and bare bones. There's nothing fancy about them. Just raw, hashing power on a Windows-based OS.

Additionally, we take testing and performance a step further. During the 24 hour validation/testing process, we invite you to give us pool information for the test. You specify the name/pass for the miner, and your rig will start submitting shares as soon as its up and running, even through the testing process. This way, you'll get coins into your wallet even before getting the physical rig. Feel free to choose any pool, and any scrypt-currency.

Shipping is included in the costs - just like every product we offer.

Feel free to confound me with any questions you may have. We estimate a 2 week production time on any rig builds.

Oh yeah, here's a parts list on a 2,475KHs rig:

Basic Specs:

Milk Crate case with 1/4" thick ABS flooring, configured for an ATX motherboard
    MSI Z77A-45 Motherboard
    8GB DDR 3 RAM
    Intel Celeron G1610 Processor
    Seasonic 1250w Gold-Rated PSU
    4x Sapphire 7950 4L GPUs (~625KHs Per Card)
    4x Powered PCI-E Risers
    Windows 7 OEM System
    120GB HDD

Again, the URL is: http://buyahash.com/products-2/#category=prebuilt-rig&search=

We accept BTC via a Coinbase button, but also gladly accept LTC, FTC, DGC, and WDC based on fair market values.

Feel free to ask away, and rip apart the build!

Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 04:50:14 PM

Why windows? That's an unncessary $100 added to the cost.

FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:51:02 PM

Agreed. That should be optional.

I'd rather get the HDD shipped to me clean and install my own stuff.

Edit: Looks like OP is targeting those who don't know how to set up rigs, etc. Windows has a more user-friendly interface I guess.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Benny1985 (OP)

Activity: 391

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:52:48 PM

If you're looking for a pre-built rig, do you think the average person wants Linux?

Having said that, we'll announce Linux builds in the future. My only issue with running a BAMT/Linux rig is messing with undervolting cards, which is a huge issue with cards and unlocked voltages (which is essentially every major 7950). If it weren't for Gigabyte announcing the FT0 BIOS on Rev 2/3 boards, we'd be announcing Linux in tandem. But since that's an issue, we've defaulted to only Windows-based rigs for now.

And having said all that, we're working towards a distributors' license for OEM builds, to hopefully reduce said costs on Windows OEM builds.
nzdude

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

STARCOIN the BEST

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:54:55 PM

you need to put up some photos of the rigs

fendlestick

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:56:24 PM

Also remove your domain by proxy, if you are serious at selling people will want to know who and where you are.  Anonymity is good for customers, not for new businesses.

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
nearmiss

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:03:17 PM

+1 for some pics.

You say in the faq that you can't ship internationally, but I can't find where you are located (probably just missed it somewhere).

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:29:57 PM

Thanks Benny1985.

This should make getting into mining a LOT easier for newbies. It will save them a ton of time, effort and money. The prices are on the low side considering the learning curve new miners would have to go through.

Also, experienced miners can quickly get new rigs at a reasonable price. Linux is fine but Windows works just as well if not better in some respects and considering the target audience is the best choice.

I can personally vouch for his business as a happy customer of riser cables. Keep up the good work!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: