Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:49:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remove imported private key from bitcoin-qt wallet  (Read 3171 times)
donut (OP)

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:03:51 PM

I want to remove a private key I added a while back that has a lot of spammy transactions (think 'correct horse battery staple', except it's not the one) from my wallet.

How do I do this? Obviously without creating a new wallet and transferring everything there, please don't offer that as an option.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:35:22 PM

You can try to use pywallet, I've seen people suggest it in cases like these, but how you would use it, you would need to read the documentation.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:57:26 AM

I want to remove a private key I added a while back that has a lot of spammy transactions (think 'correct horse battery staple', except it's not the one) from my wallet.

How do I do this? Obviously without creating a new wallet and transferring everything there, please don't offer that as an option.

According to the following instructions for a specific pywallet, delete an address is possible:
 - http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=pywallet

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:19:08 AM

Yes pywallet will gladly do this
If you use Windows and encounter problems to run it, just post I'll help you

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: