Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:15:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you intend to do after the SegWit2x hard fork?
Hold both BTC and B2X - 18 (35.3%)
Sell B2X and buy more BTC and hold it - 14 (27.5%)
Sell BTC and buy more B2X and hold it - 2 (3.9%)
Sell both BTC and B2X and buy altcoins - 2 (3.9%)
Sell both and wait for a dump to buy BTC - 4 (7.8%)
Sell both and wait for a dump to buy B2X - 1 (2%)
Sell both and cash out - 3 (5.9%)
Hold both and wait before deciding anything - 7 (13.7%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Things to do after the SegWit2x hard fork (Poll)  (Read 832 times)
Youngsta

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:42:42 PM

i will sell B2X and buy more BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1633

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 08:13:11 PM

SegWit2x hard fork and its consequences
Thanks.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Bitfyer (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:54:12 PM

It's time to hold and wait, perhaps drink a beer or two..

... or three, or four, or five, or... It's hard to know how long will have to wait. Haha  Cheesy
Mett33

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:59:07 PM

For sure will be a big mess

http://segwit.party/nya/

Read this
https://medium.com/@WhalePanda/final-thoughts-before-the-2x-fork-70058b3d80d3
xBitHodler

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:01:02 PM

I'm against SegWit2x hard fork so I'm going to sell it for Bitcoin. I'm still not sure if I will sell my BTC and buy more during correction. More and more companies that signed the New York Agreement started to withdraw from it. I'm not surprised at all. I was quite sure it would eventually happen. Now the only thing left is to wait and see what will happen.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:01:27 PM

I think we should all hold some portion of it. Maybe sell 50% of it and take some profit. The price of BTC should go down after the fork because there isn't anything major happening anytime soon.

I am under the belief that the only reason the prices have gone so far up lately is because of the forks that are continually happening. Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Segwit2x, what other coin exists that had 3 splits that give you extra free coins? It is insane. There isn't any other fork coming up I am aware of, so we should go back down to 3,000 to 4,000 price levels. Keep in mind price was in the 1,000 area for awhile.
Bitfyer (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:04:38 PM

SegWit2x hard fork and its consequences
Thanks.

Thank you. I fixed it already. I don't know what that apostrophe was doing there.
Bitfyer (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:13:49 PM

hi..when will b2x hardfork happen exactly?

Block 494,784. It is hard to say the exact day. It is expected to November 16 or 15, but it can happen before, just like for BGold fork. We have to keep our eyes on the news.
rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:19:31 PM

It's very unclear who will win, the community of the devs or the miners/business. I hope the core can still hold the chain which is BTC. End of the day, we need a chain that have devs to move it forward. I can't see segwit2x or BCH has the dev community follow like the core. so perhaps it's hodl for both, but I hope the battle is finished quickly and that the core guys can win but never underestimate the drama with bitcoin
jman0war

Activity: 78

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:06:00 PM

Maybe we can get Gavin back.
Bitfyer (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:23:47 PM

I think we should all hold some portion of it. Maybe sell 50% of it and take some profit. The price of BTC should go down after the fork because there isn't anything major happening anytime soon.

I am under the belief that the only reason the prices have gone so far up lately is because of the forks that are continually happening. Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Segwit2x, what other coin exists that had 3 splits that give you extra free coins? It is insane. There isn't any other fork coming up I am aware of, so we should go back down to 3,000 to 4,000 price levels. Keep in mind price was in the 1,000 area for awhile.

Maybe there's another fork coming after SegWit2x. Bitcoin Silver, but it is not relevant.
Future market for Bitcoin Silver:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-silver/
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:43:21 PM

Voted!  Just HODL when segwit2x finish and buy more B2X when the price is dump.  Because Segwit is a great moment, Maximize it possible to earn lots of B2X. And sell when you have profit.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
Mett33

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:54:24 PM

Maybe there's another fork coming after SegWit2x. Bitcoin Silver, but it is not relevant.

This is ICO on ETH chain, not a Bitcoin fork.
Bitfyer (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:38:52 AM

This is ICO on ETH chain, not a Bitcoin fork.

Thanks for the explanation. Actually, I didn't read about it because I think it's irrelevant. Maybe just another scam? It is very strange that they use the name Bitcoin in something related to ETH chain.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:21:51 PM

i will do what i did with all the previous forks. i will sell some bitcoin so that i have some money ready to buy the possible dip of after the fork when everyone panics a little.

i will keep some bitcoin on exchanges to be able to receive the new coins that may be the result of the fork and sell them as soon as i can and as high as i can.

i will keep the rest of my bitcoins (my bulk) in cold storage and won't touch them for years. i may split my coins later on when i find out a good time to sell the new coins and continue keeping my bitcoin in a new address.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Ingoats

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:29:20 PM

I would like to know what people here will do after the hard fork.
Probably after the hardfork users would sell some of their bitcoin to make use of the profit once its market value alresdy increase and i doubt that they will already sell all of their bitcoin because its value will still continue to rise after the hardfork. But in my case, I would still hold my bitcoin and would selll next year.
lastjapan

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:55:08 PM

As you guys know, coinbase is supporting the SegWit2x hard fork. When will be the best time to move bitcoin from private wallet to Coinbase?
Bitfyer (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:23:08 PM

As you guys know, coinbase is supporting the SegWit2x hard fork. When will be the best time to move bitcoin from private wallet to Coinbase?

If you are planning to move your Bitcoin to Coinbase, you can do it anytime before the hard fork. But don't leave it for the last hour, because the fork may occur before than it is planned, and Coinbase will suspend deposit and withdrawals some hours before the fork.
If I decide to sell my B2X after the fork, maybe I move my BTC there, so I can sell it as soon as possible, because looks like it will be launched with about 15% of Bitcoin price. I don't believe It will have a price higher than that soon, but I'm still not sure whether I'll hold both BTC and B2X, or whether I'll sell my B2X and buy more BTC to hold.
mahessapap

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:30:40 PM

Sell both and cashout , Because I think maybe after hardfork bitcoin prices will drop drastically, like hard fork before. And we can wait a nice moment again when bitcoin down and buy it or maybe buy altcoin because of course the price will go up. But who knows? good luck!

xD
Rotellian

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:39:10 PM

Hold until after the fork and then wait to see what happens before deciding what to do.   Most likely that will be selling off my 2x for Btc.   
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: