Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:24:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you intend to do after the SegWit2x hard fork?
Hold both BTC and B2X - 18 (35.3%)
Sell B2X and buy more BTC and hold it - 14 (27.5%)
Sell BTC and buy more B2X and hold it - 2 (3.9%)
Sell both BTC and B2X and buy altcoins - 2 (3.9%)
Sell both and wait for a dump to buy BTC - 4 (7.8%)
Sell both and wait for a dump to buy B2X - 1 (2%)
Sell both and cash out - 3 (5.9%)
Hold both and wait before deciding anything - 7 (13.7%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Things to do after the SegWit2x hard fork (Poll)  (Read 832 times)
Bitfyer (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:36:34 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 05:33:09 PM by Bitfyer

I would like to know what people here will do after the hard fork.
foxberg

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:40:03 PM

Hold both and buy more bitcoin if there's a dip.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:44:34 PM

Hi.
Will probably hold both as well.
I could sell B2X next year depending on the profit I can make with it. Hey it is free anyway.
Hoping for no dip of course, but same as foxberg, it would be a good opportunity to buy more if that happens.
pawanjain

Activity: 2688
Merit: 715

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:49:54 PM

Bitcoin has been overbought from the past couple of weeks and according to me it is going to see a huge dump very soon. It might be dumped right after the fork since the price is high enough for it to suffer from a correction. If BTC is dumped then the money will flow to the alts and we might be able to see a huge spike in their prices. So selling BTC and B2X right after the fork and then investing it in Altcoins will be good choice or we can convert it to fiat to buy more BTC later. Prediction about the Alts is really tough since the BTG fork bleeded out a hell out of the Altcoins.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Frank0209

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:52:34 PM

In my opinion I think I'll sell B2X to buy more Bitcoin cause everyone can easily know that the coins created from hardfork, BCH and BTG, often have good price right at the beginning but after that its price dumped very quickly so I think this time will be the same that B2X will only have good price at the start then it'll be dumped so I'll sell it right after I got it from the hardfork then buy some more amount of Bitcoin Smiley)
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:55:04 PM

I think I will end up selling off about 25% of my BTC holdings as I expect a massive dump and the price to take a hit as everyone moves back into some alts.  That being said I am only doing this to hedge potential losses and get back into a few altcoins that I feel will rise 3-6x in the next month or two.  Hopefully BTC does not take a huge hit where I ended up losing more than I have gained.  I am thinking about potentially dropping 50% of my BTC holdings and using that same 25% to buy alts and then buy back into BTC when it dips to try to take advantage of that since longterm BTC should continue to rise.
AndriyPilipyak

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:02:05 PM

I hop-e its gonna be alright

Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:02:22 PM

I doubt both chains going to exist longterm, because a lack of replay protection. So eighter there going to be capacity upgrade in Bitcoin, or there wont, but only one chain going to exist longterm. In both cases I just hold while taking no risks whatsoever, like always.
Bitfyer (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:38:53 PM

In my opinion I think I'll sell B2X to buy more Bitcoin cause everyone can easily know that the coins created from hardfork, BCH and BTG, often have good price right at the beginning but after that its price dumped very quickly so I think this time will be the same that B2X will only have good price at the start then it'll be dumped so I'll sell it right after I got it from the hardfork then buy some more amount of Bitcoin Smiley)

I also think that way, but i'm very concerned about the lack of replay protection. I fear that when I try to sell my B2X I end up losing my BTC.
I think that if B2X fails in replacing BTC, and that's what I hope to happen, the SegWit2X team will have to implement replay protection for B2X to coexist with BTC as an altcoin, because they wouldn't want their coin to die.
tosmartak

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 04:43:56 PM

I am not surprised most people are not sure what the outcome of the fork would be, so it seems holding the two chain would obviously be the best to do after the fork. Even Cobra, the co-owner of bitcoin.org and bitcointalk forum hope it does not end up being the last days of bitcoin and begs for a fork with a new POW algorithm in case the unthinkable happens. Phew! Just tired!! No wonder bitcoin cash has been pulling some weight in value in the past few days.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-needs-new-proof-of-work-chain-after-segwit2x-says-bitcoinorg-co-owner
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:51:02 PM

Well I really want to support core team and I will probably dump the B2X.. also I feel B2X is really unsafe because sudden increase in the size , that 2 MB increase will put a lot of stress on node making it hard to cover for its safety and also at the same time it will be more suspectable to hacking , bitcoin is blessed with blockchain and its the most efficient backbone till date, its nearly impossible to hack and completely safe thus I will for sure consider safety before considering transaction speed.
So I will dump the bitcoin2X Smiley and support bitcoins

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Bitfyer (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:51:31 PM

I am not surprised most people are not sure what the outcome of the fork would be, so it seems holding the two chain would obviously be the best to do after the fork. Even Cobra, the co-owner of bitcoin.org and bitcointalk forum hope it does not end up being the last days of bitcoin and begs for a fork with a new POW algorithm in case the unthinkable happens. Phew! Just tired!! No wonder bitcoin cash has been pulling some weight in value in the past few days.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-needs-new-proof-of-work-chain-after-segwit2x-says-bitcoinorg-co-owner

I'm not very sure about what to do, but probably I'll hold both and wait to see what is going to happen before making anything. I think it's not very safe try to sell BTC ou B2X just after the fork without knowing what could happen due to the lack of replay protection.
JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:52:37 PM

The consequences of the hard fork are only for the ones that end up holding SegWit2X coins. To get these coins you have to give up your private keys of your bitcoins to receive these new coins. That is a huge privacy issue as you are essentially giving away control of your bitcoins, nevermind your new forkcoins. Just download Samourai wallet by then, and they'll have an auto-dump feature.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:57:35 PM

I have no plans to sell my Bitcoins after the hard fork and will just hold it. I will also hold all the Segwit2x coins that i will acquire after the hard fork but only for short term because people will surely dump this coin once they claim it, I will just wait for price of B2X to pump a little bit to increase the amount of money that I will get and use it to invest more in real Bitcoin the original one not the one who wants to replace it. The market will decide and Segwit2x will fail and Bitcoin core will win.
zombie6

Activity: 438

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:00:23 PM

If you did not have time to buy bitcoin, then now you need to wait for correction, and it will definitely be down to hardcore, get a b2x and then sell it and you need to pay attention to the alts, which have a small capitalization and not large volumes and which have long been on the market 1-2 year and those who have Segwit to buy after the hard-core, they will give a big profit!
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:15:47 PM

I've voted "Hold both BTC and B2X".

Unless one of the two coins seems that he's going to die, i will hold, hold, hold.

Anyways i think that bct will prevail, but his price will drop for a while...
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3679

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 06:37:20 PM

Only bitcoin because you can buy it and sell after 1 month and gain a lot , any new company use bitcoin name i think it is Scam coin and till now bitcoin only success virtual money and go away from others so if it crashed into zero all atcoins will crash but if  SegWit2x crash bitcoin may not crash
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 06:58:16 PM

What will I do? Well I registered the name BitcoinKnife.com,and when all this settles down, I'll put a site on it and discuss the options. At that time, I'll decide whether to sell, consolidate or buy.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
kobecoin

Activity: 2
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:16:20 PM

If we have btc on Kraken and sell some btc to get etheurem just after the fork, do we get B2X few days after or we need to hold the BTC when Kraken decides to manage B2X?

My goal would be to buy btc to get the free b2x then to buy ethereum before the price goes up when many people will sell the btc they bought to get the free b2x.
Cazemiro

Activity: 252
Merit: 31

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:25:18 PM

It's time to hold and wait, perhaps drink a beer or two..
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: