Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:21:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are my posts being deleted???  (Read 1131 times)
zxcc (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:39:34 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2367445.new#new

I made 2 replies in this thread

I basically said "interesting project, following" absolutely no different than anyone else's. (for airdrop)

Why are my posts being deleted? Is it because I'm newbie??? I see other newbie replies that are literally no different than mine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GMule

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:45:00 PM

I would say the short answer is, yes.  Low value posts from a newb account sounds exactly like something that will be removed.

Have you had a read of the stickies on the forums?  For example https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Trying to add some value to the threads / forum is good.  Always ask - What value does my post make to the community?

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Str1x

Activity: 140
Merit: 33

Buy me a beer 13mVkBy6HVwKuNovaWzYdF27FB6pLqoJtr

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:50:29 PM

+ to add to that, it states in the sticky of that subforum that low key post will be deleted and can possibly lead to a ban. So you are lucky the mod only deleted your post. He can ban you for posting like that.

Read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2284374.0

zxcc (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:54:16 PM

Did either of you guys go through the thread?

The entire thread is meaningless platitude after platitude.

Plenty of newbies just saying "good luck" are STILL THERE.

So explain to me why my 2 sentence post is gone but theirs remains?
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:01:22 PM

Maybe because you're making senseless posts, too short or spammy looking posts. Moderators may delete those kind of posts. Also some threads are self-moderated topics. Maybe the creator of that thread deleted your posts. Please read all instructions before making some posts.https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0. Make sure a your reply are constructive and related to the topic. Spamming is not helping the community. Anyway, this will serve you as a lesson. Also don't make a posts from worthless threads. Moderators may delete those threads causing your post count reduced.
Str1x

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:02:42 PM

If you feel that those persons are not following the rules, than report them.... In regards to your deleted post: if a post is deleted by a mod you get the reason why it is deleted. Check the reason and learn from it. You can think that you haven't done anything wrong, and make the same misstake twice and risk being banned. Or learn from it and change your post behaviour.

shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 10:04:37 PM

Yes, you are making useless posts and you are creating a lot of trash on this forum, try to stay away from those spammy threads like airdrops of "why bitcoin is rising?" and probably your posts wont be deleted.
Some of my posts that i made on those threads for a few months ago are being deleted and this is why my post count decreases too.
But it is useless to post in there, and obviously, that if you post that kind of trash, they are going to be deleted of course.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
zxcc (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:09:14 PM

Sigh. If anyone is making low value posts it's actually most of you in this thread.

Rather than escalating this any further and getting 5 more people to tell me the exact same meaningless thing that doesn't answer my question, I'm going to request that only a moderator reply since he/she would know better the reason.

If you want to claim my post that was clearly singled out is any less meaningful than 99% of replies in that thread, then I'm all ears. No one's even asked what exactly my post was.
zxcc (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:16:54 PM

If you feel that those persons are not following the rules, than report them.... In regards to your deleted post: if a post is deleted by a mod you get the reason why it is deleted. Check the reason and learn from it. You can think that you haven't done anything wrong, and make the same misstake twice and risk being banned. Or learn from it and change your post behaviour.

I'm not going to spend my time reporting 100 posts. But by all means, perhaps you should since that seems to matter to you rather than telling me why my post was singled out. Link to thread is in original post.

the pm telling me my post was deleted was completely generic and there was no way to reply to it to get more details.
Str1x

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:23:04 PM

I'm not going to spend my time reporting 100 posts. But by all means, perhaps you should since that seems to matter to you rather than telling me why my post was singled out. Link to thread is in original post.

the pm telling me my post was deleted was completely generic and there was no way to reply to it to get more details.

What does the PM say, because it should have the message that was deleted included

zxcc (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:23:45 PM

Yes, you are making useless posts and you are creating a lot of trash on this forum, try to stay away from those spammy threads like airdrops of "why bitcoin is rising?" and probably your posts wont be deleted.
Some of my posts that i made on those threads for a few months ago are being deleted and this is why my post count decreases too.
But it is useless to post in there, and obviously, that if you post that kind of trash, they are going to be deleted of course.

You can stop replying to this thread now. You've been of absolutely no help
zxcc (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:32:05 PM

What does the PM say, because it should have the message that was deleted included

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.
zxcc (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:07:40 PM

ya bro, because many newbie account just spam messege. try to write more character
also dont replay off-topic, ur post will deleted

Sadly, this reply was about as helpful as any other ones in this thread, complete butchering of the English language and all.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:54:04 AM

I'll just point the things that hadn't been said.

It doesn't mean that others are doing then it is right. You should know what is right and wrong by yourself. IT IS (not maybe or what) a useless, meaningless or in other words gibberish. It doesn't contribute anything useful. If you had just added "how." How is the project interesting? Any suggestions or critiques? By now, I assume you learned the lesson and never do it again.

P.S. As far as I know, you don't need to post that kind of gibberish reply in order to get airdrop, right? In some cases, the  amount of tokens you'll receive in airdrop is base on how active you are in their thread but, still, it is not an excuse to reply gibberish.

P.P.S. Constructiveness, quality posts are not base on its length. There are lengthy trashy posts also. You look at the content and not the length.
richardivan

Activity: 321
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:57:49 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 02:05:53 PM by richardivan

I basically said "interesting project, following" absolutely no different than anyone else's. (for airdrop)

Why are my posts being deleted? Is it because I'm newbie??? I see other newbie replies that are literally no different than mine.
Did you ever read sticky thread before you posting in every thread? Like  this and this? be thankfull mod didn't ban your account they just delete your post.
If you protest that newbie's post didn't deleted by mod just report it, moderator can't controller all thread

▄▄▄█████▀████▄▄▄
       ▄█▀▌▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▀█▄
    ▄█▌███▐███████ ██████▌███▐█▄
   ██▌████▐███████ ██████▌████▐██
  █▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄█
 ██▌██████▐███████ ███████▐█████▐██
▐██▌█████▌████████ ███████▌█████▐██▌
███▌█████▌████████ ███████▌█████▐███
█▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄█
▐██▌█████▌████████ ███████▌█████▐██▌
 ██▌██████▐███████ ███████▐█████▐██
  █▌▀█████▐███████ ███████▐████▀▐█
   █▄▌▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▐▄█
    ▀█▌████▐██████ ██████▌███▐█▀
       ▀██▄▌▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▄█▀
          ▀▀▀█████▄████▀▀▀
██
██

██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██

██
██

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄██████████████▄
██▀ ▀███████████
███▄████████████
██  ▐█ ▀     ▀██
██  ▐█   ██   ██
██  ▐█  ▐██▌  ██
██  ▐█  ▐██▌  ██
▀██████████████▀

▄            ▄
 ▐████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▌
 ████████████████
▐████████████████▌
███▀          ▀███
▐█▌  ██    ██▌ ▐█▌
 ▀█▄          ▄█▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▐▄▄        ▐▄▄▄
▐████▄    ███████
▐█████▐▄ ███████▀▌
▐█████▐██▀█████▄█▌
▐█████▐███▄▀█▀▄██▌
▐█████    ▀  ████▌
  ▀▀██        ▀▀█▌
ufalo3

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:56:30 PM

Those posts that contain spam or some words that can insult the other forum’s users can be deleted. New posts that repeat one and the same topic can be deleted either — it is a norm for all forums, not only for this one.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 01:53:12 PM

From the Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ

Forum rules

1. No zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads. [1][e]

The forum is completely inundated with this sort of post. The moderators rely partly on members using the "Report to moderator" link, so you might just have been unlucky in that the next person to visit the thread did just that. The fact that other people are getting away with breaking the rules is not an argument to do so yourself.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:30:43 PM

it looks like the moderators are doing their job i made alot of spammy post long ago when i recently joined this forum still cant believed they looked up at year old posts.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:39:28 PM

it looks like the moderators are doing their job i made alot of spammy post long ago when i recently joined this forum still cant believed they looked up at year old posts.
More like nuking those spam megathreads which some of these caught the attention of a moderator who missed out deleting it with the help of necroposting.

Those posts that contain spam or some words that can insult the other forum’s users can be deleted. New posts that repeat one and the same topic can be deleted either — it is a norm for all forums, not only for this one.
About insulting words, not deleted just because of being offensive. There are offensive posts who are not deleted due to the fact that it is constructive despite of the insults it contains.
daglordjames

Activity: 550
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:02:02 PM

i think we have the same problem because my posts are getting deleted too and the people said our posts are getting deleted because they think its a spam or its a old thread getting deleted.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: