Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:38:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 24 hour auction for 85/Ghs Avalon (4 module+PSU)  (Read 4093 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:30:55 AM

Selling a Batch 3 pre-order from Avalon.

4-modules (85G/hs) + PSU

Will be delivered insured air-mail to the winning buyer at no extra cost upon receipt in Korea.

This is one of two orders from Avalon that has been verified by the moderator "Tysat".

Bids must be in a minimum of 1 BTC increments. This auction ends in 24 hours. If a bid is placed within the last 30 minutes of the auction, the auction will extend another 30 minutes from that last bid.

The bidding starts at 1 BTC. Winning bidders must provide a shipping address and delivery phone number for DHL, and an email address for my own communication.

Happy bidding!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:32:13 AM

Well I guess I will start the bidding at 1.5btc

Message me if you have any problems
krlekm

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:41:31 AM

85 BTC with escrow
Approximate date of delivery ?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:42:37 AM

85 BTC with escrow

Whatever the latest news is from BitSynCom. They originally advertised it for a May delivery, but you'll have to follow the Avalon threads for updates.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:43:28 AM

85 BTC with escrow

Also, the entire point of selling this is to have cash-in-hand now, I don't know exactly how "escrow" would work as I'm not going to wait to get paid until I receive the unit, as I would just mine with the unit instead.

qukkM

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:12:04 AM

Yeah why use escrow on an 85BTC deal with a trustworthy member such as Matt here.

http://www.bitcoinseedshop.com -  the first bitcoin only cannabis seed shop. Secure, pseudonymous payments.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:01:58 AM

Yeah why use escrow on an 85BTC deal with a trustworthy member such as Matt here.
Yep. I've never scammed anyone in the 2 years I've handled tens of thousands of bitcoins for others, always paid back every loan, and even bought back shares in failed endeavors at the original price. Despite enjoying myself far too much, I'm one of the most honest people in bitcoin. Thanks for recognizing that. It gets forgetten now and again in the misguided sockpuppet spam from the select few on this forum who don't like me.

starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:13:40 AM

Yep. I've never scammed anyone in the 2 years I've handled tens of thousands of bitcoins for others, always paid back every loan, and even bought back shares in failed endeavors at the original price. Despite enjoying myself far too much, I'm one of the most honest people in bitcoin. Thanks for recognizing that. It gets forgetten now and again in the misguided sockpuppet spam from the select few on this forum who don't like me.

No offense matt but I belive qukkM was being sarcastic. I could be wrong but atleast when I read it thats what I thought he was saying.

Anyways, I will bid 2btc since im assuming that 85btc bid will probably be withdrawn without escrow.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:34:52 AM

No offense matt but I belive qukkM was being sarcastic. I could be wrong but atleast when I read it thats what I thought he was saying.

Anyways, I will bid 2btc since im assuming that 85btc bid will probably be withdrawn without escrow.
Hehe. I know it was sarcasm. Any bid that makes stipulations not already covered in the OP or by common sense without confirmation from me are invalid bids.

"I will bid if I can get it in 10 days..." = invalid bid
"I will bid if it mines at 85Gh/s" = valid bid

DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:40:46 AM

3 BTC
ATC

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:13:02 PM

5BTC
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:42:26 PM

6BTC with escrow.

Sorry Matt, I'm seriously bidding, but:

I can work with that. I've actually grown very fond of the idea of "provably fair" things and escrow these days. I am starting to believe there is less and less reason to ever need to trust people for many of the things we do here on the forums.

you are the last person who should be lecturing people about scamming.

I'm actually pretty popular around here as the guy who "threw his reputation away to prove why escrow is important". Wouldn't that make me the absolute poster child for escrow? Also, you seem mad. Are you alright?

FFS ignoring or refusing escrow is a nearly always reliable indicator of a scam.

This is common knowledge, what is wrong with people?

Quote from: Matthew N. Wright
I made a huge bet with money I would never have had to give away if I lost to intentionally prove a point about people's insane amount of trust to strangers (no escrow? millions of dollars?)

Please confirm escrow is possible.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:44:24 PM

6BTC with escrow.

Sorry Matt, I'm seriously bidding, but:

I can work with that. I've actually grown very fond of the idea of "provably fair" things and escrow these days. I am starting to believe there is less and less reason to ever need to trust people for many of the things we do here on the forums.

you are the last person who should be lecturing people about scamming.

I'm actually pretty popular around here as the guy who "threw his reputation away to prove why escrow is important". Wouldn't that make me the absolute poster child for escrow? Also, you seem mad. Are you alright?

FFS ignoring or refusing escrow is a nearly always reliable indicator of a scam.

This is common knowledge, what is wrong with people?

Quote from: Matthew N. Wright
I made a huge bet with money I would never have had to give away if I lost to intentionally prove a point about people's insane amount of trust to strangers (no escrow? millions of dollars?)

Please confirm escrow is possible.

You have brought this point up before, and I've asked for elaboration as pre-order sales are a bit tricky to "escrow". Is collateral a better form of escrow in cases like this where cash-in-hand is the intended result?

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:50:07 PM

Escrow is not tricky for pre-orders. Works like this:

- Buyer sends the money to John K.
- You send the machine as soon as you get it, sending proof (tracking number, video of courier picking it up, etc.) to John K.
- As soon as the machine arrives to destination escrow releases the funds to you.

Why it's tricky? Seriously, you always said your infamous default was done intentionally "to teach a lesson to the community about people not using escrow", you said many times that trusting guys on an internet forum is dumb (see the quotes above), that refusing escrowed transactions is a reliable indicator of scam ("it's common knowledge"), etc.

I'm not trolling you at all, I'm seriously bidding, but please do use escrow. Nobody wants to get burned. What if you decide to run away with the money to teach another lesson to the community? What if you become seriously ill and cannot deliver the unit? No escrow is crazy, absolutely no protection for the buyer.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:00:20 PM

I'm not trolling you at all

What if you decide to run away with the money to teach another lesson to the community?

You just contradicted yourself by implying I would accept and run off with funds as a "lesson to the community" (something I've never done). Please be serious.

In response to your above statements about escrow being simple, I'll repeat what I already said twice now: the point of selling this is to receive cash in hand for a pre-order that seems to be late on shipping. If the entire point is to be paid first before the unit is shipped, escrow would serve no purpose. If I am waiting for the unit to arrive before being paid, why wouldn't I just keep the unit then and mine instead of selling it? Escrow doesn't work for this use case. If you're not trolling, think of another idea, similar to escrow, that allows for a safer transaction, but one that actually applies to the situation-- collateral maybe?

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:07:37 PM

I'm not trolling you at all

What if you decide to run away with the money to teach another lesson to the community?

You just contradicted yourself by implying I would accept and run off with funds as a "lesson to the community" (something I've never done). Please be serious.

In response to your above statements about escrow being simple, I'll repeat what I already said twice now: the point of selling this is to receive cash in hand for a pre-order that seems to be late on shipping. If the entire point is to be paid first before the unit is shipped, escrow would serve no purpose. If I am waiting for the unit to arrive before being paid, why wouldn't I just keep the unit then and mine instead of selling it? Escrow doesn't work for this use case. If you're not trolling, think of another idea, similar to escrow, that allows for a safer transaction, but one that actually applies to the situation-- collateral maybe?

I don't see how I would be able to execute the collateral. Is a mod of this forum holding funds or anything of value belonging to you, and would he be willing to execute/release the collateral if you do not ship?

Sorry but I really don't get how you could built the "defense" of your default case saying that it was to teach a lesson about escrow, that nobody should trust other members of these forums when doing transactions unless there is escrow, etc. etc. etc...

From one side I want to believe you will never do something like you did last year with your infamous bet that hurt so many people, and because of this I want to seriously bid till the end and eventually do business with you. But if no escrow is provided it's too dangerous, anything could happen to you and the money would be gone. As you taught to people in this community, not using escrow when entering financial transactions with random guys on the internet is reckless and dumb. Especially when an Avalon is not precisely "cheap".

If you want to use escrow, I will keep bidding seriously. If not, please cancel my bid and excuse me for hassle.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:14:18 PM

I don't see how I would be able to execute the collateral. Is a mod of this forum holding funds or anything of value belonging to you, and would he be willing to execute/release the collateral if you do not ship?
I'm sure it can be arranged. There are many forum visitors who are Korean (even the host of the forums who I had dinner with a few weeks ago). If it's necessary, something could be signed over (like the legal rights to the key deposit for my apartment?). There are also numerous businesses I still own shares in and operate that could be signed over to escrow for situations like this (as recommended in another thread).

PM me and let's see if we can come up with a solution to this since we both agree escrow is the right thing to do most of the time, but there is clearly a need for a repeatable alternative solution for cases like these.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:20:14 PM

Roughly 20 hours left!

Rampion
Legendary