Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:36:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox real time price converted to INR  (Read 1291 times)
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:00:25 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 10:57:06 AM by Benson Samuel

http://www.priceofabitcoin.com/INR/

Wonko announced his site today here . so i asked him to make a special page to show Real time Bitcoin price in INR and he did it for us.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 11:01:52 AM

This is really nice.

+1 escrow.ms

Street Jammer

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:46:55 AM

nice one

wisard

Activity: 272

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:56:02 AM

Please change the subject to mtgox real time price converted to INR. This is not bitcoin's real time price in INR.

See this is the problem with pinning threads. People who I want to buy bitcoins from will now quote this link to me and won't sell at lower bitstamp rates.

Please stop pinning all threads.

Buy me a beer or 2 if you enjoy my posts. BTC address: 1976Nb5u1T2haoxSZnJgHaemHYYtgKmTsU
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 10:57:16 AM

Please change the subject to mtgox real time price converted to INR. This is not bitcoin's real time price in INR.

See this is the problem with pinning threads. People who I want to buy bitcoins from will now quote this link to me and won't sell at lower bitstamp rates.

Changed.

subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:31:07 AM

Well in my  view the real market price of bitcoin in india  should be about  5,000 - 5,500/- if it is the market forces that is allowed to maintain prices. but people want to  use a pegged  price for a  market that does not  even function  in the indian eco system.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 11:32:16 AM

Well in my  view the real market price of bitcoin in india  should be about  5,000 - 5,500/- if it is the market forces that is allowed to maintain prices. but people want to  use a pegged  price for a  market that does not  even function  in the indian eco system.

That is where they get their BTC from. Until there is a globally acknowledged system that shows the rate, Most will continue to follow Mt Gox.

subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:44:44 AM

That is where they get their BTC from. Until there is a globally acknowledged system that shows the rate, Most will continue to follow Mt Gox.

You are looking at mt gox as a ecosystem playing within india. but  that is not  the case.

Mt. gox  caters to the international market. that is a  global eco system. but in india that is not the  case the connection to  Mt gox for indians is verry tough. so a local ecosystem is needed to  sustain the trading  in a natural manner. not an artifical inflation.

let me dum it  down.

Here 'A' being  a group of sellers
'A' buys btc as a company at mt gox rates - 'A' then sells it at 10% Mt. gox rate.
Mt gox rates go up 'A' Still sells at gox +10% still earning a lot of  profit . suply of btc is constant in the population

Mt. gox dipps down 'A' Still has reserve btc from last purchase from gox . 'A' Will not sell ..  suply of btc is cut to the population.

Here the biggest problem is the drop in prices in btc creating problems, and bottlenecks.

Solution :-
Open free floating market rates. where in the demand and  supply of bticoins determine  prices. this will encourage goods and  services to  also adopt bitcoins  because for them  they will be able to unload their btc in exchange for fiat to cover expenses.

escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:46:30 AM

If you want to buy on your rate or cheap rates its your own personal problem not others.

Most currency exchange sites are following mtgox rates and you can check preev.com which is pretty old site that shows bitcoin price (mtgox) in usd and people buy/sell on that rate.

I agree sticky wasn't necessary but i will still advice people to use mtgox rates only.

Bitcoins rate is not stable and on top of that trading sites price is different and if there's no standard of rate here i doubt people will even buy/sell bitcoin in india as even 2$ difference is big here.

example:

A. I am selling bitcoins at mtgox rate
B. i'll buy it at bitstamp rates
c. I'll buy it at btc-e rates
d. I'll buy it at kraken.com's rate
wisard

Activity: 272

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:51:50 AM

Sure you can advise people to use whichever site you want to.
I look at blockchain.info's API for prices myself.

My problem was with pinning a thread that only recommended mtgox prices. I have no personal issues with mtgox. (In fact I am one of the few Indians who I think have personally bought and sold on mtgox.)

Buy me a beer or 2 if you enjoy my posts. BTC address: 1976Nb5u1T2haoxSZnJgHaemHYYtgKmTsU
daserpent1

Activity: 435

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:13:01 PM

Where is it getting the price from? Its not updating from mtgox
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:00:08 PM

Where is it getting the price from? Its not updating from mtgox

It's mtgox rate but not accurate now. Don't use it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: