Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:21:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Mining vs Buying  (Read 4919 times)
Natalia R

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:10:42 PM

Bearing in mind today's price, what's your opinion? I read that you can mine BTC if you have a good video card, but I don't personally believe that it is that easy.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:16:20 PM

I would say to just buy and stop mining, it's not worth the time and effort unless you have super cheap electricity and you live in a place where cooling is not that much needed. I think that's the best place to mine and would be best to profit from mining, if not buying and just waiting for the price to grow is the best idea.
Private mining is not so profitable anymore really. Now it is the era of mining farm, most of which are placed in places with cheap electricity. No word about cloud mining, I think everybody already admitted it as just one big scam. So bitcoin buying is one the best methods now.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:42:17 PM

Is it better to get BTC via mining or buying now?

It was no longer profitable early this year for mining. However, with the recent price surge, does mining becomes profitable now?

If yes, any suggestion? There are quite many cloud miner in the market.

Thanks.

Depends on how much time you have, and a few other factors. If you have the time to babysit a mining farm (yes farm, as it takes a decent amount of mining power at the moment to make it worth your while) then mining can certainly be more profitable, you cant look at it in terms of immediate liquidation. If you have faith long term that the price will go up, look at it more as an opportunity to mine at a lower difficulty for a chance. but if you dont really have all that time, capital to invest in equipment, and most vitally, electricity, then simply buying the coins is a much less painful process. entirely more liquid as well (miners dont sell so easily).
xBitHodler

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:21:33 PM

If I were you I would buy Bitcoin. In my opinion it is the most profitable option right now. GPU mining is no longer as profitable as it was and it is hard to get an ASIC. By investing in BTC you can try to trade or earn from hardforks (however not all of them might happen which SegWit2x showed us).
Cointribute

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:00:44 PM

If I were you I would buy Bitcoin. In my opinion it is the most profitable option right now. GPU mining is no longer as profitable as it was and it is hard to get an ASIC. By investing in BTC you can try to trade or earn from hardforks (however not all of them might happen which SegWit2x showed us).

Setting up masternodes is another option for passive income.
theblack_cat

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:08:38 PM

actually the easiest way is to buy it but we also know that every buy also have to spend big capital
 then we also depend on price

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:34:32 PM

actually the easiest way is to buy it but we also know that every buy also have to spend big capital
 then we also depend on price

I recommend to buy and hold. The market now favors such action. Digging requires proper qualifications, equipment, etc. I would leave digging for experienced users who know how to do it.
anelenaniku

Activity: 136

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:03:51 PM

Mining is profitable only when you have very strong machines, that's why only few are the miners today. Anw buying bitcoin now is not a very good tactic because I believe now peoeple will start buying ICOs and generaly Altcoins. So if you like to buy btc wait until the next cycle or simply buy a good ICO.
maianh09

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:06:44 PM

If you want to do the miners you have to spend a lot of money to buy diggers but this is quite good for those who do not have much time for the purchase of coin. I still prefer to buy more coin because it can bring a big profit
Frank0209

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:22:24 PM

For now I think Bitcoin mining is not a good idea if you don't have huge capital cause the mining difficulty of Bitcoin is increasing day by day very quickly so it'll take much longer than before to take your money back. But if you use your money to buy Bitcoin it'll be faster than mining but it's not easy cause you need to buy you need to find out the best time to buy and sell to get profit, there are a lot of people want to earn money by this way although they don't really know anything about it so they lost a lot of money Smiley
JayT22

Activity: 168

Privacy is freedom!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:03:31 PM

first i would prefer to buy bitcoins ,then if u have the possiblity to mine altcoins with ur gpu do this!
so u can get more bitcoins without mining them directly.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
nurilham

Activity: 1484
Merit: 441

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:22:46 PM

I think, better buy Bitcoin than getting Bitcoin by way of mining, different mining continues to increase especially Bitcoin. so if you want to mine Bitcoin I think not to benefit anymore.
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 11:26:40 PM

I think that it is better to do both because that is like having two assets from buying a mining rig for bitcoin that will give you passive income and also bitcoin that will give you an asset that can give your significant profits because of the price pumps and also the other opportunity that you can grab to earn more.

I agree with this because sometimes it is better to buy in and get instant bitcoin. Othertimes you would rather mine over long periods of time. During times of ups and down it would be better to buy large amounts all at once hten wait for it to mine. A constant stream of bitcoin is nice to have though.

cryptodyn

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:46:49 PM

Even if btc price is very high at the moment, mining is not profitable anymore for small miners.
The very small margin you will gbenerate in the long run will have to be reinvested in maintenance and hardware.
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:06:58 AM

If I am given sustenance, I prefer to buy Bitcoin. Because with a bit of Bitcoin, we can trade and profit from Bitcoin that we have. So, use your Bitcoin for Altcoin trading, because the trading opportunities are bigger than mining if the hardware you use is not enough.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2072
Merit: 165

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:10:50 AM

It depends on where you live. In my case, electricity and internet connection are expensive, the climate is humid so I need to spend a hefty amount of money for good quality cooling system. So starting to mine here would be less profitable than buying bitcoins directly.

owengtam09

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:16:07 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2017, 02:11:03 PM by owengtam09

If I am given sustenance, I prefer to buy Bitcoin. Because with a bit of Bitcoin, we can trade and profit from Bitcoin that we have. So, use your Bitcoin for Altcoin trading, because the trading opportunities are bigger than mining if the hardware you use is not enough.
Yeah, I agree with that, because mining needs more capital before you can start to mine. Maybe it is good if you really have a good capital to start mining and they say if you have free electricity then you can mine all the time. Because if we have expensive electricity then I think it is not worth to mine. Better to just buy it.
Mei1418

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:35:04 AM

in my opinion, I prefer to buy bitcoin with investment capital, because bitcoin price in a few hours only increased very rapidly, the percentage increase for now is much higher than the decline, compared to minning which takes a lot of capital to buy the device, profit minning is a stable income
Yankeestyle

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:40:26 AM

Yeah, I agree with that, because mining needs more capital before you can start to mine. Maybe it is good if you really have a good capital to start mining and they say if you have a free electricity then you can mine all the time. Because if we have an expensive electricity then I think it is not worth to mine. Better to just buy it.
Better believe it, I concur with that, since mining needs more capital before you can begin to mine. Possibly it is great in the event that you truly have a decent cash-flow to begin mining and they say on the off chance that you have a free power then you can mine constantly. Since on the off chance that we have a costly power then I think it isn't worth to mine. Better to simply get it
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:57:13 AM

If you will ask me for the best option here, i will choose to just buy bitcoin and not do mining because mining cost a lot of money and it might help you for mining bitcoin and giving you passive income but the return is bigger if you will just buy bitcoin and trade altcoins in the market since that is the best way to make your bitcoin grow and also your money and not mining bitcoin because it is long to wait and expensive to start.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: