Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:28:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Mining vs Buying  (Read 4919 times)
Hellas Fos

Activity: 74
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:44:26 PM

Depending on which part of the world you are, and the electricity cost.
Also depending on how much money you have available for buying.
"Buy the Dip" is a general rule.
I would say "Buying" if you got capital available.
And mining if you have low electricity cost.
CongHoan

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 02:46:48 PM

in my country the price of minning machine is more expensive and the electrical prices is differrent from other purpose
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:51:49 PM

It depends on the situation if mining is profitable for you in long run than buying now prefer mining , do keep the increasing difficulty in mind and also the electricity costs
Currently Venezuela is the most profitable place to mine it cost around 600$ worth of electricity to mine one bitcoin and second place is saudi arabia with 2200$
If you can keep the miner running efficiently do mining otherwise just buy it
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:12:47 PM

Is it better to get BTC via mining or buying now?

It was no longer profitable early this year for mining. However, with the recent price surge, does mining becomes profitable now?

If yes, any suggestion? There are quite many cloud miner in the market.

Thanks.

If you have the money to do both then i Suggest you do both. Setup a mining rig and buy some bitcoins.  You still need to read and do research though about bitcoin and mining. And if bitcoin mining is not profitable you can mine other coins.

pleght

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:32:34 PM

I do not think the bitcoin mining is reasonable now.Miningte makes more sense to turn to the bottom coin to make profit.I prefer lower coins.

YzzyGo

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:45:21 PM

From what I hear, only big companies with mining farms earn lots since aside from mining themselves, they "rent out" hash power to others. They have strategically placed their farm in places with low power costs and colder. If you meet these criteria, then it is better to mine.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:50:45 PM

It was no longer profitable early this year for mining. However, with the recent price surge, does mining becomes profitable now?

Thanks.

I highly doubt bitcoin mining is still profitable this 2018 since thr crash of January this year. Even if the price of each bitcoin is cheaper, the distribution of bitcoins during mining is small as well making no difference at all. Just stick to buying and trading.

biboy

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:51:22 PM

Thanks.

If you have the money to do both then i Suggest you do both. Setup a mining rig and buy some bitcoins.  You still need to read and do research though about bitcoin and mining. And if bitcoin mining is not profitable you can mine other coins.
for those who are willing to go with mining then it is okay to do it just make sure that you have the knowledge in what you are doing, if not  then ask for those trusted people and let his set up your mining. But for me since I don't have the guts to do mining then I am just trading or buying coins.
Crystacool

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:54:35 PM

Thanks.
I prefer to buy bitcoin directly. It's more convenient and fast, and I can get a lot of bitcoins right away. Mining bitcoin requires a lot of money to buy equipment, mining bitcoin's daily bitcoin output is low, and it takes you a long time to earn your money back.
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:59:37 PM

At present buying of Bitcoin is cheaper than Mining Bitcoin. Mining needs hardware, Software, Technical skill. Whereas buying is very easy and no time consuming. In both way you need to invest the money.
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:00:02 PM

Thanks.

Need to clarify:
- buying when?
this topic was posted Nov 7, so the situation on the crypto market significantly changed...
- mining how?
are we talking about building your own mining rig or buying cloud mining contract?

WiiD

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:02:40 PM

Sooner or later the number of jobs the miner will be reduced. It will become more difficult to extract, and not everyone will be able to afford the appropriate equipment.
fbastage

Activity: 367

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:03:20 PM

Sooner or later the number of jobs the miner will be reduced. It will become more difficult to extract, and not everyone will be able to afford the appropriate equipment.
I think you can earn money most of all those people who have been doing this for a long time. It will be more difficult for newcomers to take a vacant place.
WiiD

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:03:55 PM

I think you can earn money most of all those people who have been doing this for a long time. It will be more difficult for newcomers to take a vacant place.
If newcomers will understand more and have better technology, then they will be provided with a workplace.
fbastage

Activity: 367

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:04:29 PM

If newcomers will understand more and have better technology, then they will be provided with a workplace.
But those who are engaged longer, have more experience and they will offer us something interesting faster. And they will respond faster to changes, because they know how it works.
doaremon

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 04:07:23 PM

I think I would rather hold than selling or buying. Bitcoin price is lowered now but that doesn't mean that it will be like this for the future. In future, I strongly believe that the price will be high. To me it's just a matter of time. If you see the price of last year then it was sometimes up and sometimes down. But starting with 7000$ and ended up with 16000$ around, tells you the future of Bitcoin. So day by day the price will be high.
If you sell now then you may not get the proper Price. But if you hold it and when the price will be high then you will get the proper Price. Jusy be patient. That's the key for now I think.

geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:08:42 PM

Thanks.

for those who are willing to go with mining then it is okay to do it just make sure that you have the knowledge in what you are doing, if not  then ask for those trusted people and let his set up your mining. But for me since I don't have the guts to do mining then I am just trading or buying coins.
Personally, I feel mining is only suitable for people with huge capital, it will help them quickly recover capital and achieve great profits, but that's what I would say to others in the past, in the present time, bitcoin mining is too much competition and more difficult to exploit. Engaging in will not be a wise idea, buying bitcoin will be better and it matches the conditions of many people, the value of Bitcoin will soon rise higher, we will restore capital and make quick profits, especially when the market is bleeding and bitcoin has a very low price

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Nyeyzel

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:14:08 PM

For me buying bitcoin is more comfortable you will just need money. In mining, it requires a proper set-up, buy expensive materials for mining. Both are a possible source of income but in different ways. I want to do both, in earning bitcoin investing first and if I have proper amount money to buy mining tools I will buy some.
rajuahmed763

Activity: 456
Merit: 10

🔥 Ultimate Launchpad on TON 🔥

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:22:48 PM

I would prefer buying than mining sir because it does not require a lot of your time and money because in mining you need to focus your time most likely everytime you need to stay tuned and be active on the internet while in buying you just to monitor the price you said it yourself the price surge if that would be case then isn't the appropriate time to buy bitcoin because you never know the price could surge again Smiley
I agree with you. Because time waste and Price of parts and electricity bill, overall it is costly.
In other hand, buy bitcoun no need time, just need money. If you have good amount for buy bitcoin, I really suggest for buy. Its great time for buy.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
GoldnOil

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:43:17 PM

as a hobbyist;  mining might be profitable.....  as you own only one Rig or a single Antminer.  But if you plan to go all in; like 10+ miners or 100+ miners then you have to take into consideration:
1. your electric cost
2. your weather conditions.
3. fire safety requirements   (yes they can overheat and burn.... )
4. Room Static Pressure

Therefore, I will suggest for small investors with less then $100K in Crypto its better to buy and hold....

Mining is profitable for serious investors with $1m+ of investment...  they can start and learn with as low as $30K and then can rapidly expand after learning the trade....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: