Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:31:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Social Experiment on Bitcoin  (Read 1760 times)
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:21:17 PM

This just shows how far away we are from going mainstream, and price jump. Which looks really good IMHO. There is a lot of time for price to grow and accommodate to current people needs(somehow i feel fuzzy and warm just thinking this Cheesy)
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:24:05 PM

1 Out of how many? Can you give as the exact # of people who have chosen 1$ instead of Bitcoin? Maybe the social experiment ran into a small group where they unluckily have picked many people who have know knowledge about Bitcoin whatsoever. This kinds of social experiments is not a good one as it only shows how they don't know something about Bitcoin, it would be wise if they explained what Bitcoin is before making them choose as obviously they will picked up the higher valued asset.
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 06:32:27 PM

This just clearly shows that we have a long way to go for the mass adoption of Bitcoin. If I would be doing this social experiment in my country and let them choose between 1 bitcoin or 1 thousand pesos, I'm pretty sure that the people I'm asking would definitely choose the thousand pesos! no questions asked.

If we happen to cross each other on the street and will ask me, you already know my answer.  Cheesy

Yes most people in our country knew bitcoin as medium for scam and illegal activities. Why, its because of media deceiving people's view. They really suck.

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:39:49 AM

Do you have a link for this? I want to watch it.

Either way, this just highlights the fact that we're ridiculously far from mass adoption. Bitcoin is gaining momentum, but it's very slow. For people asking why Bitcoin isn't being adopted by commercial giants like Amazon, this is your answer. It only seems like Bitcoin is already widespread for us because we're within the circle. The average joe probably will have heard of it, but will pay it no mind. We have a long way to go.

iamsange

Activity: 849
Merit: 400

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:49:13 AM

I just watched a video on my social media about guys running a social experiment about Bitcoin in their country (USA), and they questioned strangers that they chose, this "Would you rather have 1 Bitcoin or 1 dollar?" and almost all of the people they questioned chose 1 dollar. Only 1 person in all the person they interviewed chose 1 bitcoin. This just proves that there still a lot of us who don't have a clue about digital currency. If I would do this in my country, I'm sure that no one will choose bitcoin over our local currency. What about in your country if you run this social experiment?
some people will not choose something that strange to them, if they don't know yet about digital currency. their answer must be their local currency, so do i if i don't know about digital currency i will give same answer

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
goaldigger

Activity: 2366
Merit: 356

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:53:37 AM

When we conduct this kind of social experiment on our country, im sure there are a lot of people choosing 1 bitcoin over 1 dollar. In fact, a bitcoin documentary is aired for about 3 weeks ago on a local television because of its popularity.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
dlhezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:58:16 AM

I just watched a video on my social media about guys running a social experiment about Bitcoin in their country (USA), and they questioned strangers that they chose, this "Would you rather have 1 Bitcoin or 1 dollar?" and almost all of the people they questioned chose 1 dollar. Only 1 person in all the person they interviewed chose 1 bitcoin. This just proves that there still a lot of us who don't have a clue about digital currency. If I would do this in my country, I'm sure that no one will choose bitcoin over our local currency. What about in your country if you run this social experiment?

nice topic, yeah some of the other country are not yet known about this bitcoin so if they ask if what they will choose 1 dollar or 1 bitcoin, of course they would choose 1 dollar because they didnt know yet this so called bitcoin, but if this social experiment is will try/run in my country, they will choose bitcoin, because 60% of our population are knows/related in bitcoin world, and totally have a high demand of this bitcoin in my country.
Unilevear (OP)

Activity: 102

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:56:09 AM

1 Out of how many? Can you give as the exact # of people who have chosen 1$ instead of Bitcoin? Maybe the social experiment ran into a small group where they unluckily have picked many people who have know knowledge about Bitcoin whatsoever. This kinds of social experiments is not a good one as it only shows how they don't know something about Bitcoin, it would be wise if they explained what Bitcoin is before making them choose as obviously they will picked up the higher valued asset.
If I remember it correctly, I think it is about 9 person in total. It's just a 10-minute long video and it took some time when they interviewed 3 of the 9 people because they got interested in hearing what bitcoin is worth that time. They asked so many questions and the guys conducting the social experiment answered them easily. Also, they did not just run into a small group, they interviewed only one person at a time.
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 06:49:30 AM

That is actually a great idea to promote Bitcoin. First you ask everyone what would they like to have, and then afterwards you just tell them what it the current value of one bitcoin.
It will surely make them visit google and find out more about bitcoin.
Must be done quite often, till you get 90% of the people saying they'd like to have a bitcoin and not a thousand dollars.
Cloud27

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:43:15 PM

I just watched it on YouTube and if that is the same clip what the OP is referring to, you have to search it with this title "Would you rather have one Bitcoin or one Dollar?". The group who made that social experiment is called Major League Crypto. They made the experiment in the street of downtown Chicago, after the challenge question is made, they educated the person about bitcoin.
LydiaBob

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:49:03 PM

I think in my country it would be the same too. Very few people know about bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general. They are not only anaware but also sceptical when you try to explain to them what digital money really is. Still nice experiment/poll. I am curious if this interview happens again in a few years will the results be the same?
cryptolit

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 03:54:08 PM

What has everyone commenting in this post done to raise awareness of Bitcoin?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:55:30 PM

What has everyone commenting in this post done to raise awareness of Bitcoin?

I've given Bitcoin and other cryptos to other people along with a description. I certainly didn't wait around for them to say yes or no. They got some whether they liked it or not.
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:03:37 PM

That was frustrating. If I knew that segment and let me choose between bitcoin and 1 usd. Even if it was just .01bitcoin I will still choose bitcoin against usd.
I will choose even if its just 0.001 BTC which costs around $7.5 today.This experiment reveals that even in most developed countries like USA,still there are more people who don't know about bitcoin.We could just imagine that if bitcoin network just gets flooded with these people too,then bitcoin demand would be very high and bitcoin price would be skyrocketing.
mistanama

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:06:04 PM

Probably the $ 1 they choose because they do not know what Bitcoins are. But because it's a test to find out how many people they asked to know the bitcoins. What happened was 100% - only 1% of people are in trouble. If I also ask for such social expirement then no one will choose 1 Bitcoin. Because I think my countrymen have no idea what's happening in the world of crypto...
Paul stuart

Activity: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:12:45 PM

And he gave him the bitcoin or not? Cheesy
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:16:39 PM

That is a really interesting experiment.
I suppose it would have the same result in almost every other country in the world.
I think what we can learn most of that is how little people still know about bitcoin. Maybe they have heared the term, but they have no clue how much value there is in one bitcoin.
When you keep in mind how high the price for one bitcoin already is today although most people are clueless about it, you can get an idea of how much bitcoin can still grow.

It's me!!!
0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 04:18:46 PM

If I will be doing something like social experiment here in my country and most especially here in my location I think it would be the same regardless of my friends, family and relatives where I have already convinced about Bitcoin before. Majority of people living here don't know about Bitcoin and the teller in our local  remittance center don't even know about it. But just recently Bitcoin has been aired on our local televisions about it's legality and how the central bank implemented their regulations and warn people of possible fraud and scams. I know that the news gives positive impact on the massive viewers about Bitcoin and we will expect our Bitcoin community here becoming bigger day by day. I hope that one day Bitcoin will dominate not only in my village but also in the whole country.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
cryptopher1

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:40:30 PM

if that experiment was conducted in my country 99.9% would not know what Bitcoin is. but i am happy for the state of affairs. it means that it will grow and those who will have positioned themselves well will benefit a lot in the near future
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:52:17 PM

Nice experiment or shall i say interviews. Now, this is just showing us that even if people within the Bitcoin community (including you and me, my dear) considered Bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency to be very popular, there are still so many out there in the 'real' or offline world which have not hear or comprehend much about Bitcoin, its story, its rise and its surging value.

This means that Bitcoin has not really reached the mainstream population even if the mainstream media has already made a good coverage of cryptocurrency be they positive or negative news. Hopefully, with the recent surge and that of good coverage on the CME's futures offering, Bitcoin can edged upwards in the people's consciousness.

If I'm the one being ask in that situation lets say that I don't know a fact in bitcoin i will choose bitcoin why? because dollar can be really accepted else where my mind will really look for something that is new and flexible to be use anywhere and anytime
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: