Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:21:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Social Experiment on Bitcoin  (Read 1760 times)
nskendrovic

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:19:37 AM

Bitcoin is the biggest social experiment that exists hands down. It started between two peers and now there is a huge network of millions of people all over the world and they're all agreeing on the state of the ledger every 10 minutes. The ledger is the blockchain of course. So this is amazing that people keep agreeing on consensus rules without knowing the other person.
lottoken@lottoken.org

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:52:07 AM

Which country in the world is most aware of bitcoin ? Is there a survey ?
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:54:08 AM

If people who are asked during a social experiment about Bitcoin, they will choose their local currency if they are not aware of Bitcoin. If yes, if he is aware of Bitcoin then he must choose Bitcoin.
but if they do not already know the knowledge of bitcoin yes they will choose the local currency but this is what we have to introduce to them that bitcoin is a currency revolution

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
SupportBitcoin

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 02:58:06 AM

Good way to show how little people know about Bitcoin. I try to educate everyone I meet! Sadly, most haven't even heard of it.

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:11:56 AM

in the perspective of an ordinary person, when he will hear a dollar over bitCOIN, coin is smaller than a dollar, obviously they will choose a dollar right away, people who do not use the internet are not aware of bitcoin, it is not famous to the offline world, but i guess it doesn't affect bitcoin in my country that much because the huge internet users here has the edge in bitcoin awareness, our country has a heavy internet users. try making an experiment online.   

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:26:43 AM

If a may ask, was there no introduction of what btc is during the interview? Because I won't be surprised at such response when the interviewee doesn't even know about what he/she wants to compare. You only know about dollar, the value of bitcoin was not revealed to you.it's not least expected. But in case the interviewee was told about or knows bitcoin and still give such response.. Then, maybe there is a special reason best known to him.with my knowledge about bitcoin, I won't chose a dollar to a bitcoin
Unilevear (OP)

Activity: 102

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:33:38 PM

If a may ask, was there no introduction of what btc is during the interview? Because I won't be surprised at such response when the interviewee doesn't even know about what he/she wants to compare. You only know about dollar, the value of bitcoin was not revealed to you.it's not least expected. But in case the interviewee was told about or knows bitcoin and still give such response.. Then, maybe there is a special reason best known to him.with my knowledge about bitcoin, I won't chose a dollar to a bitcoin
Well, if they explained what bitcoin is before they start interviewing the people they were asking, then the whole point of the social experiment they've conducted is useless. The main goal of their experiment is to know how many of us knows bitcoin, to spread awareness about it. They also want the people to remember bitcoin by telling the price later, that way they will not easily forget it.
jancukiyah

Activity: 137

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:05:22 PM

Wow there is very interesting, I want to try this one too! But if I do this in my country, I'm sure that no one choose 1 bitcoin. Let's try this haha!

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱  MAY 1st   [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████    FACEBOOK       TWITTER       LINKEDIN       MEDIUM       TELEGRAM    ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:50:35 AM

Such an experiment (actually a poll) shows that a large majority of the world population does not yet know the advantages of a crypto currency, and on the other hand, a crypto currency has a significant human base for its support and development. So this information has its positive aspects.
JennetCK

Activity: 305

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:17:03 AM

I just watched a video on my social media about guys running a social experiment about Bitcoin in their country (USA), and they questioned strangers that they chose, this "Would you rather have 1 Bitcoin or 1 dollar?" and almost all of the people they questioned chose 1 dollar. Only 1 person in all the person they interviewed chose 1 bitcoin. This just proves that there still a lot of us who don't have a clue about digital currency. If I would do this in my country, I'm sure that no one will choose bitcoin over our local currency. What about in your country if you run this social experiment?
That is so frustrating dude. Look. Most of the people didn't knew about bitcoin. If someone ask me that question, even if it is not 1 BTC, I will choose BTC over usd or what ever currency. As of now, 1 BTC is 6,700$ (although it goes down from 7,500$), I will still choose it. You can buy lot of things using 1 BTC.
If I am going to run this experiment in my country, I think, most of my countrymen choose the currency in our state. They do not know bitcoin. They do not know any digital money. 

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:58:45 AM

I just watched a video on my social media about guys running a social experiment about Bitcoin in their country (USA), and they questioned strangers that they chose, this "Would you rather have 1 Bitcoin or 1 dollar?" and almost all of the people they questioned chose 1 dollar. Only 1 person in all the person they interviewed chose 1 bitcoin. This just proves that there still a lot of us who don't have a clue about digital currency. If I would do this in my country, I'm sure that no one will choose bitcoin over our local currency. What about in your country if you run this social experiment?

Same here in our country. In our clan of 1000+ relatives including my family i think we are only 4 engage in bitcoins and here in our company, for about 2,000 employees we are only 23 individuals who are doing bitcoin activities even do they see us earning huge amount it seems that others want easy money that they don't want do the jobs of bounty campaign for free bitcoins and earn. This means that bitcoin is not that popular after all therefore $7000 price will still going to increase if bitcoin become 100% acknowledge.
ritsel02

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:12:19 AM

If ever I'll be doing social experiment about bitcoin in my country especially in my hometown I guess same thing will happen because bitcoin is not that known here but it could be 3% of the population in our small town knows it including my friends and relatives.I have also proven that not only us knows and uses bitcoin here  as I went to the remittance center lately and asked the teller on how to cash out my money from my bitcoin wallet and they have showed me an example of their previous bitcoin transaction.I just then realized that there are also few uses bitcoin for money transfer.
DySWv

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 07:29:47 AM

I guess if I do that, I will get the same outcome too. Yes, there are some who know about Bitcoin but they are only a little part of the whole. Bitcoin is still not that popular in my country. Companies or stores accepting bitcoin here in my country can be counted just by my fingers.

mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:05:36 PM

Its strange how they can chose 1 dollars instead a bitcoin. They just reject 7000 dollars for 1$ ? Maybe due to lack of knowledge.They're not aware about the price of 1 bitcoin. The bitcoin has not reached enough to everyone. It still taking a lot time to grow. The Social Experiment worker should introduce the bitcoins on there interview. I think they didn't aware them and ask simple questions.
piter66

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:07:30 PM

It demonstrates that bitcoin isn't known to the world, since typical individuals who know the bitcoin value then he will pick 1 bitcoin. Furthermore, we must acquaint bitcoin with the world, and in my nation there are as of now some bitcoin groups whose activity it is to mingle bitcoin to the group. Sometime I will attempt to do an indistinguishable thing from you in my nation. be that as it may, I would already be able to answer it appears the appropriate response will be the same as your experience
SandaraPark

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:44:10 PM

This one is very interesting. If this is done in our country, maybe a few will choose 1BTC since in my circle of friends, some are earning their allowances here (since I'm a student). Also here in the Philippines, many people are very wise in searching for a way where they can profit or earn something to make money  Smiley
Simon pasco

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:46:29 PM

Did he give the bitcoin to the person ?? ahah
oyoW9Pie8oh

Activity: 162

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:57:57 PM

YouTube videos not give you real things but you are right a few number of all world only know bitcoins and little use it
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:22:18 PM

I've seen it too, Actually it was quite interesting to watch because a lot of people are still not aware about the industry. In our country for sure a lot of people would pick Bitcoin since here in our country there are already a lot of people engage in this industry and the fact that it is legal. Medias are now documenting the aggresive growth of Bitcoin and they are now also already promoting it. So definitely a lot of people in our country are now aware about cryptocurrencies.
shiningstar

Activity: 420

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:25:33 PM

Lol i think it will happen too in my country. Even from all people i know, those who like to invest and know about economy quite well, don't know something like bitcoin exist too.
Such a pity of course. Especially, my country's people don't care about something digital and technology like this.
They want something that have shape, and of course it's not bitcoin.
Most of them are ignorant too, so it'll be hard to do that kind of experiment in my country because the result is so obvious.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: