Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:25:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the most promising alt-coin OTHER than Bitcoin?
Litecoin
Novacoin
Ppcoin
Bbqcoin
Yacoin
Terracoin
Devcoin
Chncoin
Freicoin
Feathercoin
Ixcoin
Namecoin
Bytecoin
Ripple

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most promising alt-coin other than Bitcoin  (Read 10228 times)
nawazish1

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

PXC Research Team

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:05:39 AM

Hey I remember you, you were in many loan threads
Good thing you realized that the best way to win easy money is to create a copycoin

Have you read that post with open eyes. That is not my coin. I am a miner now Smiley

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:16:45 AM

the answer on this is EMUNIE that is the future, just do some research and you will find it one of the most promissing releases of all recent coins launched.

nawazish1

Activity: 462

PXC Research Team

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:19:47 AM

the answer on this is EMUNIE that is the future, just do some research and you will find it one of the most promissing releases of all recent coins launched.

I also like this one but it is really difficult to get info about it. There should be a thread about how to get the client and how to set it up with some screenshots.

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
just_me

Activity: 420

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:11:12 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 03:43:43 PM by just_me

The answer may be somewhat relative. What is of value to one person, may not be of value to another person.

Personally, I really don't care.

But, if I want to buy low and sell high, then look for low priced coins right now, and the low priced coins can get large percentage increases without even becoming all that valuable, whereas coins that have already risen significantly will require huge amounts of investments in order to get them to go up.

Since it is early days of these coins, therefore I like the low priced coins.

Which one is 'best' then? The lowest priced coin, that will go up by 10x or 100x or 1000x in the shortest amount of time, I suppose, that would be the 'best' coin to me.

But, the odds are not good that I will chose correctly to find that coin.
And once that coin has gone up alot, then it is not the 'best' coin anymore, and it is time to sell, and try to find the next 'best' coin.

Its relative and changing over time.

Overall market sentiment, rather than logic, seems to be driving some of the coins at times. Grin

The 'herd' mentality/mind. The masses of people following the trends. The pumpers on forums or chat having significant effects on coin prices, but that may not last and I think it is a temporary thing. At the same time, bashers can also have significant effects to drive the price of coins down as well. Then there is some people who have more 'clout' or 'pull' who may be more able than others to cause their own hegemonies to get through, such as people who run exchanges. The exchanges have significant amounts of pull, I see. In other words, they can magnify the coins they like, and belittle other coins, if they want to.
For example: Ltc's claim to fame is that ltc may get traded on mtgox, which is an exchange.
Therefore, perhaps which coin will be best in the future will be more decided by the exchanges, or the most popular exchanges, rather than by the masses of the people. Therefore, the answer is in the hands of the few people who own and run those exchanges then, and for the most part, it does not matter what the rest of us think.
For example: Mtgox could start trading in Goldcoins, and goldcoins which are currently low priced, would likely shoot up in value quite alot, and perhaps even surpass LTC in price. So, like I was saying, the exchanges will decide which coins will be the 'best' coins in the future.

Some people in the LTC community may be feeling the heat recently, what with the addition of so many other promising coins, that may compete with LTC, so people who are invested in LTC are trying to move fast to get their coin 'up there', rather than wait, and have other coins perhaps surpass LTC.

But consider that whatever coin Mtgox may add to their exchange, that coins price will likely go up alot.
And the people at mtgox might consider that they can buy alot of the lowest priced coins, such as Goldcoins, and then shock the entire coin community by adding goldcoins while snubbing LTC. And mtgox might gain even more money by doing so, because they can buy so much Goldcoins for so much less, and the rate of increase of the Goldcoins would likely be much greater than any increase in LTC.

Then consider what will happen to the coin that mtgox decides to boot off of its exchange? That coin will likely drop in value alot.

The main power seems to be in the hands of the exchanges, and not in the hands of the coin makers/copiers , nor is it in the hands of the pumpers or bashers either. Just whoever has power at the exchanges will decide which coin will be 'best' or 'higher priced, and mtgox can put almost any coin on their exchange and it would likely become higher priced than ltc.

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:41:28 PM

http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:30:20 PM

Anonymous
Stopped reading

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
abcehmumhecba

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:24:50 PM

yacoin for the reasons listed on their site:

* Currently the only CPUMined coin (with all other altcoins, CPUMining has become unprofitable as GPUs, FPGAs and/or ASICs can do it much more efficiently.
* Means that anyone can get involved with mining YAcoins. You don’t need a fancy AMD video card, and a complex miner program with a lot of technical know-how
* This may also mean that the YaCoin coin distribution is and/or will be more widespread, and thus more democratic (this is speculation at this point)
* Also means that YaCoin could see a larger, more sustainable network hashrate, as miners can co-mine it along with GPU-based coins
* PoS and PoW (long-term power efficiency)
* Ultra-fast confirmations

i'm not entirely sure how well the 'cpu only' mining will work, and if people will find a loophole to get their GPU/asic's onto it or whatever,,,but if it holds up, it should be pretty cool.
i would ASSUME that once it gets out there more, a 51% attack would be almost impossible as well.
also it really does seem such a waste that people are running such energy intensive hardware to mine the other coins, especially when human energy production and the side-effects of it are destabilizing the world.  That was always my big concern about bitcoin, and yacoin comes the closest so far to allieving that. 

interesting too, that the original developer left the project.  not sure what the deal was about that, but it's good to see that the coin had enough potential to find its way anyway. 
Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:35:43 PM

I totally agree, http://forum.emunie.com. Most innovative coin so far in my opinion.

Netcoin and Primecoin also innovate and could have a future.  I just can't say tweaking a few variables and creating a new coin counts as innovation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: