Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:05:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO]✅✅✅ WHITELISTING NOW! Verify - The Future of Reputation ✅✅✅  (Read 31493 times)
Biscocrypto

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:50:41 PM

you are making a token and want to collect millions for it  for service that is already out there .
localbitcoin,paxful and many more

LocalBitcoin and Paxful are both used for buying bitcoin using fiat. None of these services have anything to do with eCommerce or reputation.
local and paxful is all about reputation and they are for sure related to e-commerce
your answer means that you guys do not know anything about what you are doing
verifyas

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Verify is an Ethereum-powered Reputation protocol

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:26:04 PM

Feel free to read through all the posts on our blog related to Ethereum and Reputation: (a few sample links below)

✓✓  verify   ★★★★★  The Ethereum-powered Reputation Platform for Commerce
The Future of Reputation   //  WHITEPAPER  //
████████████│    MEDIUM    |    Live Chat on DISCORD    │████████████
Biscocrypto

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Feel free to read through all the posts on our blog related to Ethereum and Reputation: (a few sample links below)
okay i have read some of links you posted and again what you offering is already out there in the form of localbitcoin paxful for buying and selling currencies and in the form of epay amazon for buying and selling items and many more sites almost every big marketplace site have this already built in and there is insurance too like in amazon
what your system offer different from the normal rating and comment system?

ObscurePen

Activity: 385
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:32:25 AM

How do they ensure that both buyers and sellers are protected? How are CRED tokens able to reimburse the transaction? After all, they are only a small percentage of the transaction? Does Verify itself pay back the customers if the vendor decided to commit a scam?

Here's how it works: Verify Payments operates just like an escrow for sellers that have no reputation. As the reputation of sellers improves, they get a credit ceiling (maximum advance payment that they are allowed to get on orders) that increases proportionally with their reputation -- until it results in instant payouts for practically all of the sellers transactions.

If the sellers "scams" the buyer (e.g. delivers the wrong product), the actual damage would be limited to the credit that has been extended to that seller (since transactions outside the ceiling are escrowed). We have various controls in place to determine the credit ceiling that is safe to extend to a seller, based on their proven previous performance plus a delta. Credit is extended by the Verify Fund, for which we've dedicated 15% of the token supply for use strictly as an incentive for usage of the network.
So is the more credit have the larger advance payment that you can receive. But then what about sellers new on the network? Do they have to send the product first before attaining payment?
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 05:52:23 AM

okay i have read some of links you posted and again what you offering is already out there in the form of localbitcoin paxful for buying and selling currencies and in the form of epay amazon for buying and selling items and many more sites almost every big marketplace site have this already built in and there is insurance too like in amazon
what your system offer different from the normal rating and comment system?

Thanks for going through these! There's a tactical difference, and there's a broader strategic difference.

Tactically, our entry strategy is through sellers. Sellers get:
1. Lower fees (1% vs up to 30% on Amazon)
2. Immediate payouts for sellers (vs. delayed payouts on practically every marketplaces in existance)
3. Reputation data on Verify is portable, and can be used on other platforms (so they aren't hostage to one company, see Uber/Amazon/etc)

Strategically, think about how amazon/ebay/etc are only available in certain jurisdictions: you can't do Paypal withdrawals in many places in MENA, and you can't really use Amazon's seller central there either. The blockchain democratizes access to payments, but you can't conduct commerce on top of a payments infrastructure alone: you need trust. Verify provides that trust.

ibininja

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:53:42 AM

you are making a token and want to collect millions for it  for service that is already out there .
localbitcoin,paxful and many more

LocalBitcoin and Paxful are both used for buying bitcoin using fiat. None of these services have anything to do with eCommerce or reputation.
local and paxful is all about reputation and they are for sure related to e-commerce

Dude are you bashing for the sake of bashing or you actually know what you are saying? have you ever used any of those services you mentioned?

Paxful is for buying bitcoins not trading goods and stuff.
localbitcoin is to buy and sell bitcoins not trading goods and stuff.

EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:18:03 AM

One thing I find great about this project is that such a system has not been pushed out and become successful, and I liked how it was compared to PayPal and the other sites, to prove how it is better than that.

I want to clarify some doubts about the CREDS tokens and the buyers/sellers in one of your previous replies.

Here's how it works: Verify Payments operates just like an escrow for sellers that have no reputation. As the reputation of sellers improves, they get a credit ceiling (maximum advance payment that they are allowed to get on orders) that increases proportionally with their reputation -- until it results in instant payouts for practically all of the sellers transactions.

If the sellers "scams" the buyer (e.g. delivers the wrong product), the actual damage would be limited to the credit that has been extended to that seller (since transactions outside the ceiling are escrowed). We have various controls in place to determine the credit ceiling that is safe to extend to a seller, based on their proven previous performance plus a delta. Credit is extended by the Verify Fund, for which we've dedicated 15% of the token supply for use strictly as an incentive for usage of the network.
What would the max credit ceiling be, in percentage of the total payment? Is there a way to recover these losses through the advance payment that the seller gets?

For example, the seller could have made many small transactions with high quality expectations, earning the seller a high rep and trust. Now the seller has another deal that worth a very large amount, so the credit ceiling would be a significant amount too. What is your goal in providing an advanced payment to sellers?

Also, will the rest of the payment only go through when the buyer receives and inspects the item, or before that? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I know escrow is a hard service to manage, especially when dealing with physical shipping, so I'm trying to get a better understanding and see if there are any loopholes. Smiley

Hope your ICO will be successful, really looking forward to the launch and your service in the near future, and hope it gains success! Cheesy

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 08:32:09 AM

So is the more credit have the larger advance payment that you can receive. But then what about sellers new on the network? Do they have to send the product first before attaining payment?

New sellers have $0 credit ceiling so it's effectively an escrow situation. That changes the moment they start getting orders and completing them successfully -- gaining reputation. We're considering a method where a referrer to the platform might be able to "share" their reputation with the people they invite as a way to bootstrap reputation quicker, but that's not fully formed. You have to be really, really careful about various attack surfaces for reputation systems especially when bootstrapping data. It's why we have several PhDs in trust/reputation systems on our team.

ainsleyfran

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:42:15 AM

A reputation based blockchain project for transactions can certainly find it's place in modern cryptomarket, considering that there are lots of trust issues.
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 09:16:53 AM

One thing I find great about this project is that such a system has not been pushed out and become successful, and I liked how it was compared to PayPal and the other sites, to prove how it is better than that.

Thanks!

What would the max credit ceiling be, in percentage of the total payment? Is there a way to recover these losses through the advance payment that the seller gets?

The credit ceiling is established in fiat (so, a $ amount) that represents the maximum advance payment the seller can get. The seller cannot withdraw this in cash. It is solely used for advance payment on transactions that the seller receives. The credit extended to a seller is essentially a negative balance on their account, and we settle this balance before paying out the seller for any future transactions. We have alot more detail around this mechanism in Section 4.3.2 of the whitepaper (relevant quote below):

The second facet includes management of the credit ceiling for sellers. Sellers are assigned low credit ceilings, and these are increased only once the seller has resolved any negative balance outstanding from previous credit issuances. This would mean that a seller will not be issued $20 credit if he has not successfully accepted and repaid a $10 credit.

We take things even further by requiring that sellers that have a negative account balance (i.e. that have received credit but not repaid it) settle this balance before they are paid out for any new transactions. This settlement is done automatically, and ensures that any credit extended to sellers is recouped in the shortest possible timeframe

What is your goal in providing an advanced payment to sellers? Also, will the rest of the payment only go through when the buyer receives and inspects the item, or before that?

Sellers hate using escrows because it chokes their cash flow. We make this a non-issue, in the long term. Payments are made in full 3 days after the buyer receives the item (and sooner for sellers with reputation).

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I know escrow is a hard service to manage, especially when dealing with physical shipping, so I'm trying to get a better understanding and see if there are any loopholes. Smiley

Happy to answer these questions, and any others you have! We describe various attack vectors in Section 4.3 on Abuse Prevention. Definitely read that if you're interested in learning more.

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 10:31:04 AM

A reputation based blockchain project for transactions can certainly find it's place in modern cryptomarket, considering that there are lots of trust issues.

Exactly! As Verify grows, it becomes the default option for verification, and this pushes growth even faster. The distance between the most popular reputation solution and the next best will grow exponentially. This is the perfect time to be building a trust layer for the blockchain.

iluvicos

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:56:58 PM

Great replies from verify! Interesting to hear about this and will be looking forward to it's release. So hard to find a good ico nowadays.
benhnghenghiep

Activity: 222

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:18:55 PM

Thanks for the announcement. Your project sounds interesting, Have any signature bounty here? I have just become jr.mem so I really want to join.
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 01:28:52 PM

Great replies from verify! Interesting to hear about this and will be looking forward to it's release. So hard to find a good ico nowadays.

Thanks a lot!

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 03:59:44 PM

I scrolled through your whitepaper and i like the idea a lot!
But i still have a few questions which didn't get awnsered by looking at your whitepaper.

1) The credit ceiling of a seller can be decreased. But how does it exactly get decreased? With a reputation of <3 stars? Or does it need several bad reputations?

2) How do you secure yourself (or the buyer) from an exit scam of a seller with a high credit ceiling? Are personal information gathered somehow?

3) In theory a seller could "sell" products to his own accouts to gain a good reputation / high credit ceiling. Did i miss something in the whitepaper here?

If i overlooked the awnsers from the whitepaper, i am sorry. In this case i'd be happy with you telling me where in the whitepaper i can find awnsers to my questions.
Nevertheless, i think this is a good idea and could get really big if promoted right.

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 06:09:18 PM

I scrolled through your whitepaper and i like the idea a lot! But i still have a few questions which didn't get awnsered by looking at your whitepaper.

Thanks! Let's dive in...

1) The credit ceiling of a seller can be decreased. But how does it exactly get decreased? With a reputation of <3 stars? Or does it need several bad reputations?

The exact mechanism is not made public to prevent manipulation. I can tell you that it would depend on several factors, the primary one being the magnitude of the difference between the expectation that was set with the buyer and the actual result. It also, as you noted, is dependent on our confidence in this assessment (based on historical data).

2) How do you secure yourself (or the buyer) from an exit scam of a seller with a high credit ceiling? Are personal information gathered somehow?

We perform Know Your Customer (KYC) checks on all sellers. This is required by law in many jurisdictions, and also helps prevent some obvious attack vectors (like a Sybil attack). We describe this in detail in the Section 4.3.2 Advance Payment:

An obvious risk against reputation systems is that of a Sybil attack; this is an attack that relies on forging identities in peer-to-peer networks and using them to gain a disproportionately large influence [17, 21, 22]. In the context of the Verify reputation protocol, this would entail a seller registering multiple accounts, performing many “fake transactions” in order to artificially boost his reputation and then, having accumulated a high-enough credit ceiling to make his pursuits worthwhile, withdraw this credit and depart from the platform. At this point, the entire process can be repeated, resulting in further credit theft, and so on.

A critical component of this attack is based on the attacker’s ability to create multiple accounts. An effective way to limit their ability to do so is to require Know Your Customer (or KYC) requirements from sellers -- collecting things like passport information of the principal, business registration and proof of address. Not only is it best-practice to request this information from sellers, but, in many jurisdictions, it is actually required by law to limit certain forms of financial crime like money laundering.

Another dimension to this solution is to make it difficult for an account to accumulate a large credit limit within a short period of time. A treatment of this solution is subtle; it is important to allow legitimate sellers access to credit, in some ways proportional to the transaction volume that they process, while also ensuring that the transactions themselves are legitimate business transactions. Our solution considers both of these aspects. The first facet of this solution is to prevent sellers from accumulating a high reputation in a short period of time through “fake” transactions. Here, we note various signature traits of a transaction (device fingerprint, IP address, source of funds and other patterns) to detect and reject repeated fraudulent transactions originating from a single buyer (or a network of illegitimate buyers). The mechanism used here is similar to the one described in the prior section on Buyer Protection abuse prevention. Further, the reputation calculation mechanism limits what proportion of one’s reputation can originate from a single party. The second facet includes management of the credit ceiling for sellers. Sellers are assigned low credit ceilings, and these are increased only once the seller has resolved any negative balance outstanding from previous credit issuances. This would mean that a seller will not be issued $20 credit if he has not successfully accepted and repaid a $10 credit.

3) In theory a seller could "sell" products to his own accouts to gain a good reputation / high credit ceiling. Did i miss something in the whitepaper here?

Another great question Bob! You're thinking of many different attack vectors that this solution might be susceptible to, and we've got this one covered too. Section 4.3.2 comes to the rescue once more:

The first facet of this solution is to prevent sellers from accumulating a high reputation in a short period of time through “fake” transactions. Here, we note various signature traits of a transaction (device fingerprint, IP address, source of funds and other patterns) to detect and reject repeated fraudulent transactions originating from a single buyer (or a network of illegitimate buyers). The mechanism used here is similar to the one described in the prior section on Buyer Protection abuse prevention. Further, the reputation calculation mechanism limits what proportion of one’s reputation can originate from a single party.

Thanks for taking the time to ask these great questions!

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 06:10:30 PM

Thanks for the announcement. Your project sounds interesting, Have any signature bounty here? I have just become jr.mem so I really want to join.

Yup, we've listed our Bounty campaign here. It's filling up quickly, so definitely get involved while it's still open!

Akselrod

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:40:38 PM

Yup, we've listed our Bounty campaign here. It's filling up quickly, so definitely get involved while it's still open!
What about cap for bounty? Doesn't it change? 4% from hard cap 2.25m it's only 90000$?
CodeBios

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:49:45 PM

Excellent project, I took this afternoon to read your whitepaper and all the information there is more about the project, I loved everything I saw about it, I hope this project goes forward, the initial price per coin is excellent. Success.  Smiley

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 04:47:26 AM

What about cap for bounty? Doesn't it change? 4% from hard cap 2.25m it's only 90000$?

We reduced the token supply, but increased the bounty allocation (all the details are in Section 6.3 of our whitepaper):

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: