Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:26:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO]✅✅✅ WHITELISTING NOW! Verify - The Future of Reputation ✅✅✅  (Read 31493 times)
aTriz (OP)

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:47:41 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2017, 07:24:28 AM by aTriz

The public sale starts Thu 7 Dec, 2pm UTC.
Presale from Wed 6 Dec, 2pm UTC.

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aTriz (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:47:56 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2017, 05:31:47 AM by aTriz

Bounty: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2374745
Signature Campaign: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2395889
Live chat with the Verify team: https://discord.gg/QyBTZNK
Whitepaper: https://verify.as/files/whitepaper.pdf
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/verifyas
Twitter: https://twitter.com/verif_yas

verifyas

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Verify is an Ethereum-powered Reputation protocol

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 07:54:10 AM

Hello everyone, Verify team here (I'm Yazin, CEO). Happy to answer any questions you may have about the project, or the upcoming ICO. We haven't set a date, but it'll likely be towards the end of Nov.

Also, we're live on Discord: https://discord.gg/QyBTZNK and Telegram: https://t.me/verifyas

✓✓  verify   ★★★★★  The Ethereum-powered Reputation Platform for Commerce
The Future of Reputation   //  WHITEPAPER  //
████████████│    MEDIUM    |    Live Chat on DISCORD    │████████████
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:03:43 AM

When ico open?
vasilyberdman

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:04:09 AM

Nice project! Good luck, team! What about PR (bounty?)? And when ICO end?
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:09:55 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2017, 02:49:09 PM by verifyas

When ico open?

Nov 29th, 2pm UTC. Add your email to our site and we'll shoot you a note leading up to it!

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:11:00 AM

Nice project! Good luck, team! What about PR (bounty?)? And when ICO end?

Thanks -- bounty thread is here

The Crypto Peasant

Activity: 258
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:25:04 AM

What will be in place to stop a group of people destroying someones reputation on the platform?
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:30:26 AM

What will be in place to stop a group of people destroying someones reputation on the platform?

Great question! We actually describe our solution to various forms of reputation system attacks like Sybil, Traitor attacks. Another class of attacks include targeting attacks that happen when an attacker tries to downgrade (also called Slandering attack [1]) or upgrade another user's reputation or even their own account (i.e. self-promoting). This type of attack occurs by submitting a false review or even purposely rating another user once or even more than once (also called Ballot-Stuffing [2]) without truly interacting with the other party. In some cases, it can occur by hiring external entities to execute the attack (similar to a Sybil attack).

This solution to this kind of attack is as follows:
Only users who have completed a transaction can rate each other.
Only allow a single rating per user per transaction.
Throttle the reputation contribution by counter-party (i.e. track repeated transactions made by the same counterparties and limit the contribution that any single counterparty can have on the overall reputation of a seller).
The method used to calculate reputation should not rely on just the number of transactions but include other factors like transaction value, the reputation of the parties involved and transaction recency to name a few.

You'll find much more detail in our white paper under Section 4.3 Abuse Prevention.

References:
---
[1] Hoffman K., David Z. and Nita-Rotaru C. (2009) A Survey of Attack and Defense Techniques for Reputation Systems, ACM Computing Surverys 42.
[2] Spitz, S. and Tuchelmann, Y. (2011) A Survey of Security Issues in Trust and
Reputation Systems for E-Commerce. Autonomic and Trusted Computing, 8th International Conference, pp. 203–214.

CapacabanaBitch

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:53:17 AM

I live in Hong Kong, can I participate in the ICO?
RandyMagnum

Activity: 662
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:22:16 AM

What companies are your competitors in this field? I don't see comparisons in white paper? Thank you.
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:04:33 AM

Another ICO?  These are so lame.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:29:30 AM

If that's ETH token, then it should be listed under Tokens (altcoins) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=240.0
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 10:36:27 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2017, 10:57:22 AM by verifyas

What companies are your competitors in this field? I don't see comparisons in white paper? Thank you.

The most known ones are Monetha and UTRUST. The major difference is on how the solution is catered; we have considered both buyers and sellers throughout the whole process. We have an escrow solution unlike Monetha and a clear implementation decisions related to hold periods, recourse and risk management (e.g. for various forms of established reputation system vulnerabilities like Sybil attacks, ballot stuffing, etc.) unlike UTRUST. To also add Verify has a crucial differentiator, it is a reputation protocol that governs participation in the network, applications can be built on top of it. One application is the Verify Payments which is described in the whitepaper.

We have posted a brief explanation on how we are different form Monetha and UTRUST here: https://medium.com/@verify.as/verify-the-solution-to-the-trust-problem-in-crypto-commerce-2cbaefed15e0

We are also working on the initial version of our API here https://docs.verify.as

cryptojai

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:37:59 AM

Looking forward to this project .
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 12:08:44 PM

Looking forward to this project .

Thanks! Make sure to sign up to the email list on the website to ensure you get an early heads up on future announcements.

ibininja

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:03:11 PM

I think it would be best to list maybe a table of differences between competition for easier grasp

SeveralQ

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:24:54 PM

HI everyone! Just added Verify ICO to my website https://concourseq.io/Q/Verify. ConcourseQ is a collaborative due dilligence community that researches and reviews ICOs. Anyone with an account can submit information to your page, so we are reaching out to this community to get you all involved in the discussion. Thanks! (PS: Team welcome to add sale details)
laiwendersky

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

B2B - Find, Connect, Trade

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:35:03 PM

BLUECash Escrow Technology Changing Smart Contracts as Whole
ohh, there is a similar project these days. your competitors is here, what do you think? what is your project competition?

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 07:43:15 PM

(PS: Team welcome to add sale details)

Thanks, we tried adding some details but all pending verification.

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 07:46:45 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2017, 05:30:15 AM by verifyas

ohh, there is a similar project these days. your competitors is here, what do you think? what is your project competition?

Bluecash appear to be very early stage -- do they even have a website / white paper? We've had this question many times, and are publishing a comparison soon with more well known options like credit cards, Paypal and a few others. Will ping you when it's up.

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:32:21 PM

I think it would be best to list maybe a table of differences between competition for easier grasp

Already on it. We'll post a link to the comparison when it's ready and PM you with the post. Thanks for the suggestion!

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 05:31:47 AM

Already on it. We'll post a link to the comparison when it's ready and PM you with the post. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comparison post is up: https://medium.com/@verify.as/so-hows-verify-different-than-a4c09a40909b
Here's a chart summary

ibininja

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:43:23 AM

Comparison post is up: https://medium.com/@verify.as/so-hows-verify-different-than-a4c09a40909b
Here's a chart summary

What is execution ability?

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 01:07:57 PM

What is execution ability?

Basically, team and their *demonstrated* ability to execute on the idea

pikkie

Activity: 924
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:19:13 PM

what is the minimum softcap on your ico?
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 02:47:28 PM

what is the minimum softcap on your ico?

From the whitepaper, Section 6.2:

The soft cap is set at 30,000 ETH and once surpassed will result in the end of the sale within 96 hours. If the hard cap of 50,000 ETH is reached, the sale will halt immediately, and no further con- tributions will be accepted. Any tokens that are not sold will be burnt.

RandyMagnum

Activity: 662

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:48:19 PM

The most known ones are Monetha and UTRUST. The major difference is on how the solution is catered; we have considered both buyers and sellers throughout the whole process. We have an escrow solution unlike Monetha and a clear implementation decisions related to hold periods, recourse and risk management (e.g. for various forms of established reputation system vulnerabilities like Sybil attacks, ballot stuffing, etc.) unlike UTRUST. To also add Verify has a crucial differentiator, it is a reputation protocol that governs participation in the network, applications can be built on top of it. One application is the Verify Payments which is described in the whitepaper.

We have posted a brief explanation on how we are different form Monetha and UTRUST here: https://medium.com/@verify.as/verify-the-solution-to-the-trust-problem-in-crypto-commerce-2cbaefed15e0

We are also working on the initial version of our API here https://docs.verify.as
thank you for detailed response. Most of benefits you offer is for sellers because escrow services for buyers is enough, isn't it? I think i need to learn your white paper more carefully.
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 02:56:20 PM

thank you for detailed response. Most of benefits you offer is for sellers because escrow services for buyers is enough, isn't it? I think i need to learn your white paper more carefully.

providing an escrow makes buyers happy, but most sellers wouldn't agree to it (as you pointed out). The question becomes: how do you provide buyers with the protection they need, but also pay sellers immediately. Reputation, that's how.

laiwendersky

Activity: 194

B2B - Find, Connect, Trade

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:32:22 PM

Bluecash appear to be very early stage -- do they even have a website / white paper? We've had this question many times, and are publishing a comparison soon with more well known options like credit cards, Paypal and a few others. Will ping you when it's up.
thank you for your response.
the project aside, it's cool to see that your team are really active and respond to all questions, it's a good start, When we embark on any task, it is important that we start well. so I support it and I think I'd investe a bit here

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 05:15:40 PM

thank you for your response.
the project aside, it's cool to see that your team are really active and respond to all questions, it's a good start, When we embark on any task, it is important that we start well. so I support it and I think I'd investe a bit here
Thanks! We really appreciate the vote of confidence. If you're interested in diving into a detailed comparison with Monetha, Utrust and a few others, our Medium post does just that: https://medium.com/@verify.as/so-hows-verify-different-than-a4c09a40909b

Tsar Bomba

Activity: 211

BountyHunter|AirdropHunter|Pretty Girl Hunter

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:20:39 PM

My honest opinion about this project is this is a useful project in real world. Especially on lending companies or the upcoming decentralize lending network ETHlend. Of course before lending money or asset to a person you must make sure that he is a credible payer that has the capacity to pay and not run away without a trace. Awesome project!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DAOX: Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs / Bounty & Airdrop / ANN THREAD / TELEGRAM
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 07:19:32 PM

My honest opinion about this project is this is a useful project in real world. Especially on lending companies or the upcoming decentralize lending network ETHlend. Of course before lending money or asset to a person you must make sure that he is a credible payer that has the capacity to pay and not run away without a trace. Awesome project!

That's exactly the sort of use-case the Verify reputation protocol would enable. Thank you for leaving your feedback!

cryqtovn83

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:22:42 AM

Vietnamese ANN thread:
https://bitcoingarden.org/forum/index.php?topic=22082.0
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 11:43:00 AM

Thanks -- why bitcoingarden though?

eth86

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:48:07 PM

Does this mean applications would be built on top of Verify? How will you share users' data with other applications on top? what will you share? what is considered private?
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 02:41:38 PM

Does this mean applications would be built on top of Verify? How will you share users' data with other applications on top? what will you share? what is considered private?

Great questions! Yes, we allow approved applications built on the Verify protocol to access and affect the reputation data for participants. We define reputation data in our whitepaper, at an abstract level, as consisting of two things: a computed rating, and a confidence score. An example of someone's "reputation" is [★★★★☆, 11]. This is the basic data shared with applications, along with an ID that uniquely identifies the participant. We plan on sharing more details about this as we develop the Verify OAuth interface and publish our Partner API documentation.

SeveralQ

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:39:16 AM

(PS: Team welcome to add sale details)

Thanks, we tried adding some details but all pending verification.

Looks like you have made some good contributions! Is there anything you submitted that is not up yet?
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 02:59:35 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2017, 09:51:48 AM by verifyas

I won't be investing because it is too much of a risk. There are too many similar projects, what makes this project different?

We actually made a post about this. There are many similar projects, but what they primarily lack is industry experience (which demonstrates itself in secondary points like lack of a coherent, practical solution for both parties of the transaction, lack of a feasible go-to-market strategy, etc.). We've summarized the differences between Verify and various other players in the Medium post here.

You guys don't even have any prototype concepts that we can look at, sorry I will not be investing.

It's crucial to check that the team actually has an execution record, and I'm glad you asked about this! We've got 5 folks on our team working on an MVP that we're planning to release prior to the token sale date of Nov 29. We'll be deploying that to our website, as well as adding it to our official Github page. Added a reminder to PM you as well when it's up.

rockfloater

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:32:10 AM

Did you think about Utrust and how it's scam (see utrust ANN)? How this is better
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 09:20:46 AM

Did you think about Utrust and how it's scam (see utrust ANN)? How this is better

Thanks for writing in. We actually drafted up an in-depth comparison between Utrust and Verify here: https://medium.com/@verify.as/so-hows-verify-different-than-a4c09a40909b

Happy to answer any more questions you have.

passageasterisk

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:50:37 PM

just want to know if any photos or LinkedIn profile for every team member?
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 05:12:44 PM

just want to know if any photos or LinkedIn profile for every team member?

Yep, it's all on the website (under Team). We've included LinkedIn accounts for every member of the team underneath the member's photo

stuffedcobalt

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:41:00 PM

Dev, where is your team?
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 05:47:18 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2017, 05:31:03 AM by verifyas

Dev, where is your team?

Physcially, they're based in Belarus. On the website, you'll find them under the Team section. Here's a screenshot:

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 06:33:40 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 06:47:25 PM by verifyas

UPDATE: We've just announced that we're reducing our hard cap from $14.5M to $2.25M (Link here)

---
Most token-sales these days set out to raise as much as possible; after all, why not? They take advantage of high demand and give themselves valuations that no sane VC would grant.

Not us.

We’d like to announce the caps for our upcoming tokensale:
- Soft-cap: $1.5m
- Hard-cap: $2.25m (Yes, you read that right: $2.25m, not $225m)

A new approach
Instead of raising all the funding the company could ever need in its lifetime (at great risk to contributors), we’re taking a different approach. Raise enough for 18 months of funding and demonstrate traction.

These limits are derived from our detailed roadmap (Section 6.1 in our whitepaper) that now includes estimates for every milestone of our product development cycle.

Develop a scaled-down version of our grand vision, find customers and start making revenue. If we’re able to reach the aggressive targets we’ve set, then we’ll unlock a follow up token-sale that we’ve provisioned (at a higher token price, naturally).

We have a huge vision for the future, but we also take our responsibility towards our contributors very seriously.

Our tokensale begins on the 29th of November. Sign up at https://verify.as/ to get updates

aTriz (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:14:35 AM

New signature campaign- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2395889

Join now!

ObscurePen

Activity: 385
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:47:59 AM

So how do CRED tokens work? Is it the medium for e-commerce exchange that is used on Verify?
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 04:26:45 AM

So how do CRED tokens work? Is it the medium for e-commerce exchange that is used on Verify?

Another great question! Think of CRED tokens as an insurance policy on a transaction, any transaction. We convert 1% of the total transaction value to CRED. On the flip side, we extend credit to sellers for advance payment based on their credit ceiling (also in CRED).

Since demand for CRED tokens grows with transaction volume, this creates a deflationary force on the CRED price (all other things equal), causing the price to rise. This increases the total credit that we can extend to reputed sellers at any given time.

You'll find much more detail in our whitepaper.

ObscurePen

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:56:35 AM

You'll find much more detail in our whitepaper.
This is a quote from your whitepaper:

“Transactions over the Verify protocol can only be processed if they have an associated “insurance policy”, which is funded using CRED tokens. These insurance policies are conceptually similar to transaction fees on traditional credit card networks and are also evaluated as a percentage of the original transaction amount. However, their primary purpose is to ensure that both buyers and sellers are protected and that buyers can be reimbursed if they are unsatisfied with the transaction.”

How do they ensure that both buyers and sellers are protected? How are CRED tokens able to reimburse the transaction? After all, they are only a small percentage of the transaction? Does Verify itself pay back the customers if the vendor decided to commit a scam?
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 05:33:14 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2017, 05:45:01 AM by verifyas

How do they ensure that both buyers and sellers are protected? How are CRED tokens able to reimburse the transaction? After all, they are only a small percentage of the transaction? Does Verify itself pay back the customers if the vendor decided to commit a scam?

Here's how it works: Verify Payments operates just like an escrow for sellers that have no reputation. As the reputation of sellers improves, they get a credit ceiling (maximum advance payment that they are allowed to get on orders) that increases proportionally with their reputation -- until it results in instant payouts for practically all of the sellers transactions.

If the sellers "scams" the buyer (e.g. delivers the wrong product), the actual damage would be limited to the credit that has been extended to that seller (since transactions outside the ceiling are escrowed). We have various controls in place to determine the credit ceiling that is safe to extend to a seller, based on their proven previous performance plus a delta. Credit is extended by the Verify Fund, for which we've dedicated 15% of the token supply for use strictly as an incentive for usage of the network.

elzagold

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:43:44 AM

promising project, looks like we need this in the future.
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 05:47:34 AM

Thanks, we agree! We recently announced a massive reduction in our token sale hard cap (now just $2.25m) because of our confidence in our execution ability.

iluvicos

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:18:10 AM

Hi guys! Just saw this on twitter and decided to drop him, cool ico! Will definitively invest a bit.
iluvicos

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:27:49 AM

Thanks, we agree! We recently announced a massive reduction in our token sale hard cap (now just $2.25m) because of our confidence in our execution ability.

ooo, why the reduction? pretty big
eth86

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:12:23 AM

How long will you be raising the funds for? 2.25 is a low amount
Biscocrypto

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:43:24 PM

you are making a token and want to collect millions for it  for service that is already out there .

localbitcoin,paxful and many more

you know how much it cost those sites to start ? probably couple of thousands not millions

but ya why not collect millions for something that will never need more than couple of thousands at best

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 12:54:48 PM

How long will you be raising the funds for? 2.25 is a low amount

We're expecting it to last 18 months -- until we achieve the 3rd milestone. The goal is to only raise what we need (more explanation in our Medium post here).

Details in Section 6.1 of the whitepaper, and included below:

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 12:57:32 PM

you are making a token and want to collect millions for it  for service that is already out there .

LocalBitcoin and Paxful are both used for buying bitcoin using fiat. None of these services have anything to do with eCommerce or reputation.

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 12:58:23 PM

Hi guys! Just saw this on twitter and decided to drop him, cool ico! Will definitively invest a bit.

Thank you for the vote of confidence!

Biscocrypto

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:50:41 PM

LocalBitcoin and Paxful are both used for buying bitcoin using fiat. None of these services have anything to do with eCommerce or reputation.
local and paxful is all about reputation and they are for sure related to e-commerce
your answer means that you guys do not know anything about what you are doing
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:26:04 PM

Feel free to read through all the posts on our blog related to Ethereum and Reputation: (a few sample links below)

Biscocrypto

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Feel free to read through all the posts on our blog related to Ethereum and Reputation: (a few sample links below)
okay i have read some of links you posted and again what you offering is already out there in the form of localbitcoin paxful for buying and selling currencies and in the form of epay amazon for buying and selling items and many more sites almost every big marketplace site have this already built in and there is insurance too like in amazon
what your system offer different from the normal rating and comment system?

ObscurePen

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:32:25 AM

Here's how it works: Verify Payments operates just like an escrow for sellers that have no reputation. As the reputation of sellers improves, they get a credit ceiling (maximum advance payment that they are allowed to get on orders) that increases proportionally with their reputation -- until it results in instant payouts for practically all of the sellers transactions.

If the sellers "scams" the buyer (e.g. delivers the wrong product), the actual damage would be limited to the credit that has been extended to that seller (since transactions outside the ceiling are escrowed). We have various controls in place to determine the credit ceiling that is safe to extend to a seller, based on their proven previous performance plus a delta. Credit is extended by the Verify Fund, for which we've dedicated 15% of the token supply for use strictly as an incentive for usage of the network.
So is the more credit have the larger advance payment that you can receive. But then what about sellers new on the network? Do they have to send the product first before attaining payment?
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 05:52:23 AM

okay i have read some of links you posted and again what you offering is already out there in the form of localbitcoin paxful for buying and selling currencies and in the form of epay amazon for buying and selling items and many more sites almost every big marketplace site have this already built in and there is insurance too like in amazon

Thanks for going through these! There's a tactical difference, and there's a broader strategic difference.

Tactically, our entry strategy is through sellers. Sellers get:
1. Lower fees (1% vs up to 30% on Amazon)
2. Immediate payouts for sellers (vs. delayed payouts on practically every marketplaces in existance)
3. Reputation data on Verify is portable, and can be used on other platforms (so they aren't hostage to one company, see Uber/Amazon/etc)

Strategically, think about how amazon/ebay/etc are only available in certain jurisdictions: you can't do Paypal withdrawals in many places in MENA, and you can't really use Amazon's seller central there either. The blockchain democratizes access to payments, but you can't conduct commerce on top of a payments infrastructure alone: you need trust. Verify provides that trust.

ibininja

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:53:42 AM

local and paxful is all about reputation and they are for sure related to e-commerce

Dude are you bashing for the sake of bashing or you actually know what you are saying? have you ever used any of those services you mentioned?

Paxful is for buying bitcoins not trading goods and stuff.
localbitcoin is to buy and sell bitcoins not trading goods and stuff.

EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:18:03 AM

One thing I find great about this project is that such a system has not been pushed out and become successful, and I liked how it was compared to PayPal and the other sites, to prove how it is better than that.

I want to clarify some doubts about the CREDS tokens and the buyers/sellers in one of your previous replies.

What would the max credit ceiling be, in percentage of the total payment? Is there a way to recover these losses through the advance payment that the seller gets?

For example, the seller could have made many small transactions with high quality expectations, earning the seller a high rep and trust. Now the seller has another deal that worth a very large amount, so the credit ceiling would be a significant amount too. What is your goal in providing an advanced payment to sellers?

Also, will the rest of the payment only go through when the buyer receives and inspects the item, or before that? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I know escrow is a hard service to manage, especially when dealing with physical shipping, so I'm trying to get a better understanding and see if there are any loopholes. Smiley

Hope your ICO will be successful, really looking forward to the launch and your service in the near future, and hope it gains success! Cheesy

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 08:32:09 AM

So is the more credit have the larger advance payment that you can receive. But then what about sellers new on the network? Do they have to send the product first before attaining payment?

New sellers have $0 credit ceiling so it's effectively an escrow situation. That changes the moment they start getting orders and completing them successfully -- gaining reputation. We're considering a method where a referrer to the platform might be able to "share" their reputation with the people they invite as a way to bootstrap reputation quicker, but that's not fully formed. You have to be really, really careful about various attack surfaces for reputation systems especially when bootstrapping data. It's why we have several PhDs in trust/reputation systems on our team.

ainsleyfran

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:42:15 AM

A reputation based blockchain project for transactions can certainly find it's place in modern cryptomarket, considering that there are lots of trust issues.
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 09:16:53 AM

One thing I find great about this project is that such a system has not been pushed out and become successful, and I liked how it was compared to PayPal and the other sites, to prove how it is better than that.

Thanks!

What would the max credit ceiling be, in percentage of the total payment? Is there a way to recover these losses through the advance payment that the seller gets?

The credit ceiling is established in fiat (so, a $ amount) that represents the maximum advance payment the seller can get. The seller cannot withdraw this in cash. It is solely used for advance payment on transactions that the seller receives. The credit extended to a seller is essentially a negative balance on their account, and we settle this balance before paying out the seller for any future transactions. We have alot more detail around this mechanism in Section 4.3.2 of the whitepaper (relevant quote below):

The second facet includes management of the credit ceiling for sellers. Sellers are assigned low credit ceilings, and these are increased only once the seller has resolved any negative balance outstanding from previous credit issuances. This would mean that a seller will not be issued $20 credit if he has not successfully accepted and repaid a $10 credit.

We take things even further by requiring that sellers that have a negative account balance (i.e. that have received credit but not repaid it) settle this balance before they are paid out for any new transactions. This settlement is done automatically, and ensures that any credit extended to sellers is recouped in the shortest possible timeframe

What is your goal in providing an advanced payment to sellers? Also, will the rest of the payment only go through when the buyer receives and inspects the item, or before that?

Sellers hate using escrows because it chokes their cash flow. We make this a non-issue, in the long term. Payments are made in full 3 days after the buyer receives the item (and sooner for sellers with reputation).

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I know escrow is a hard service to manage, especially when dealing with physical shipping, so I'm trying to get a better understanding and see if there are any loopholes. Smiley

Happy to answer these questions, and any others you have! We describe various attack vectors in Section 4.3 on Abuse Prevention. Definitely read that if you're interested in learning more.

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 10:31:04 AM

A reputation based blockchain project for transactions can certainly find it's place in modern cryptomarket, considering that there are lots of trust issues.

Exactly! As Verify grows, it becomes the default option for verification, and this pushes growth even faster. The distance between the most popular reputation solution and the next best will grow exponentially. This is the perfect time to be building a trust layer for the blockchain.

iluvicos

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:56:58 PM

Great replies from verify! Interesting to hear about this and will be looking forward to it's release. So hard to find a good ico nowadays.
benhnghenghiep

Activity: 222

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:18:55 PM

Thanks for the announcement. Your project sounds interesting, Have any signature bounty here? I have just become jr.mem so I really want to join.
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 01:28:52 PM

Great replies from verify! Interesting to hear about this and will be looking forward to it's release. So hard to find a good ico nowadays.

Thanks a lot!

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 03:59:44 PM

I scrolled through your whitepaper and i like the idea a lot!
But i still have a few questions which didn't get awnsered by looking at your whitepaper.

1) The credit ceiling of a seller can be decreased. But how does it exactly get decreased? With a reputation of <3 stars? Or does it need several bad reputations?

2) How do you secure yourself (or the buyer) from an exit scam of a seller with a high credit ceiling? Are personal information gathered somehow?

3) In theory a seller could "sell" products to his own accouts to gain a good reputation / high credit ceiling. Did i miss something in the whitepaper here?

If i overlooked the awnsers from the whitepaper, i am sorry. In this case i'd be happy with you telling me where in the whitepaper i can find awnsers to my questions.
Nevertheless, i think this is a good idea and could get really big if promoted right.

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 06:09:18 PM

I scrolled through your whitepaper and i like the idea a lot! But i still have a few questions which didn't get awnsered by looking at your whitepaper.

Thanks! Let's dive in...

1) The credit ceiling of a seller can be decreased. But how does it exactly get decreased? With a reputation of <3 stars? Or does it need several bad reputations?

The exact mechanism is not made public to prevent manipulation. I can tell you that it would depend on several factors, the primary one being the magnitude of the difference between the expectation that was set with the buyer and the actual result. It also, as you noted, is dependent on our confidence in this assessment (based on historical data).

2) How do you secure yourself (or the buyer) from an exit scam of a seller with a high credit ceiling? Are personal information gathered somehow?

We perform Know Your Customer (KYC) checks on all sellers. This is required by law in many jurisdictions, and also helps prevent some obvious attack vectors (like a Sybil attack). We describe this in detail in the Section 4.3.2 Advance Payment:

An obvious risk against reputation systems is that of a Sybil attack; this is an attack that relies on forging identities in peer-to-peer networks and using them to gain a disproportionately large influence [17, 21, 22]. In the context of the Verify reputation protocol, this would entail a seller registering multiple accounts, performing many “fake transactions” in order to artificially boost his reputation and then, having accumulated a high-enough credit ceiling to make his pursuits worthwhile, withdraw this credit and depart from the platform. At this point, the entire process can be repeated, resulting in further credit theft, and so on.

A critical component of this attack is based on the attacker’s ability to create multiple accounts. An effective way to limit their ability to do so is to require Know Your Customer (or KYC) requirements from sellers -- collecting things like passport information of the principal, business registration and proof of address. Not only is it best-practice to request this information from sellers, but, in many jurisdictions, it is actually required by law to limit certain forms of financial crime like money laundering.

Another dimension to this solution is to make it difficult for an account to accumulate a large credit limit within a short period of time. A treatment of this solution is subtle; it is important to allow legitimate sellers access to credit, in some ways proportional to the transaction volume that they process, while also ensuring that the transactions themselves are legitimate business transactions. Our solution considers both of these aspects. The first facet of this solution is to prevent sellers from accumulating a high reputation in a short period of time through “fake” transactions. Here, we note various signature traits of a transaction (device fingerprint, IP address, source of funds and other patterns) to detect and reject repeated fraudulent transactions originating from a single buyer (or a network of illegitimate buyers). The mechanism used here is similar to the one described in the prior section on Buyer Protection abuse prevention. Further, the reputation calculation mechanism limits what proportion of one’s reputation can originate from a single party. The second facet includes management of the credit ceiling for sellers. Sellers are assigned low credit ceilings, and these are increased only once the seller has resolved any negative balance outstanding from previous credit issuances. This would mean that a seller will not be issued $20 credit if he has not successfully accepted and repaid a $10 credit.

3) In theory a seller could "sell" products to his own accouts to gain a good reputation / high credit ceiling. Did i miss something in the whitepaper here?

Another great question Bob! You're thinking of many different attack vectors that this solution might be susceptible to, and we've got this one covered too. Section 4.3.2 comes to the rescue once more:

The first facet of this solution is to prevent sellers from accumulating a high reputation in a short period of time through “fake” transactions. Here, we note various signature traits of a transaction (device fingerprint, IP address, source of funds and other patterns) to detect and reject repeated fraudulent transactions originating from a single buyer (or a network of illegitimate buyers). The mechanism used here is similar to the one described in the prior section on Buyer Protection abuse prevention. Further, the reputation calculation mechanism limits what proportion of one’s reputation can originate from a single party.

Thanks for taking the time to ask these great questions!

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 06:10:30 PM

Thanks for the announcement. Your project sounds interesting, Have any signature bounty here? I have just become jr.mem so I really want to join.

Yup, we've listed our Bounty campaign here. It's filling up quickly, so definitely get involved while it's still open!

Akselrod

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:40:38 PM

Yup, we've listed our Bounty campaign here. It's filling up quickly, so definitely get involved while it's still open!
What about cap for bounty? Doesn't it change? 4% from hard cap 2.25m it's only 90000$?
CodeBios

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:49:45 PM

Excellent project, I took this afternoon to read your whitepaper and all the information there is more about the project, I loved everything I saw about it, I hope this project goes forward, the initial price per coin is excellent. Success.  Smiley

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 04:47:26 AM

What about cap for bounty? Doesn't it change? 4% from hard cap 2.25m it's only 90000$?

We reduced the token supply, but increased the bounty allocation (all the details are in Section 6.3 of our whitepaper):

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 04:53:19 AM

Excellent project, I took this afternoon to read your whitepaper and all the information there is more about the project, I loved everything I saw about it, I hope this project goes forward, the initial price per coin is excellent. Success.  Smiley

Thanks alot, appreciate you taking the time to go through it -- and to share this feedback with us!

ObscurePen

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:55:01 AM

Do you guys give any bonuses to investors? Say $20000AUD or higher? I have 2.3BTC and I am thinking about investing in some ICOs. Verify looks like a promising investment, but I just need to think about it again.
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 05:23:43 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 06:54:26 AM by verifyas

Do you guys give any bonuses to investors? Say $20000AUD or higher? I have 2.3BTC and I am thinking about investing in some ICOs. Verify looks like a promising investment, but I just need to think about it again.

Thank you for your interest! Unlike many ICOs, we've never issued a discount on the CRED token (and we have no plan to do so). There's been quite a lot of interest -- especially since our announcement to reduce the hard cap to just $2.25 -- and we expect the tokensale to fully sell out, and quickly.

That said, we are doing a draw for "golden tickets" from our email subscribers -- where selected individuals would be given a guaranteed spot in the tokensale; this would still be at the same rate everyone else gets: $0.225/CRED

ObscurePen

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:55:47 AM

That said, we are doing a draw for "golden tickets" from our email subscribers -- where selected individuals would be given a guaranteed spot in the tokensale; this would still be at the same rate everyone else gets: $0.225/CRED
I see. Just another question. What makes Verify different to an escrow? For example, online escrow bots or trusted individuals? To be honest, an escrow would still be a safer option in a trade. Don't you think so?
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 05:51:44 AM

What makes Verify different to an escrow? For example, online escrow bots or trusted individuals? To be honest, an escrow would still be a safer option in a trade. Don't you think so?

Escrows are good for buyers, but they're terrible for sellers -- especially if these sellers have any serious transaction volume. The more orders you get, the more money you have locked up in the escrow -- and that really hurts cash-flow. Since any payment solution would have to integrate with sellers first before buyers can use it, it's obvious why no escrow service has been able to take the market by storm.

Reputation solves the problem that escrows cannot: it allows you to pay sellers instantly, while still providing buyers 100% protection.

EXtremeAEX

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:50:37 AM

Hey there, with the ICO sales coming pretty soon, (I assume 29 Nov as you mentioned):
Nov 29th, 2pm UTC.

Why not add a countdown to your site or the date on the main thread, to make it clearer? May I know more about the company Verify Pte Ltd, as stated in section 6.2 of the Whitepaper shown below? I can't seem to find any details about it online so I wish to know more about the company.

As for the site, are there more screenshots and preview to how the site works and looks like? I am very interested in how it goes and would like to see if there are any updates whatsoever. Signed up for the newsletter and hope to hear more soon! Cheesy

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

AUDITCHAIN

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 09:25:34 AM

Why not add a countdown to your site or the date on the main thread, to make it clearer?

Nov 29, 2pm UTC: that's right. We're actually releasing the tokensale page over the weekend, and adding the timer. Thanks for telling us though.

May I know more about the company Verify Pte Ltd, as stated in section 6.2 of the Whitepaper shown below? I can't seem to find any details about it online so I wish to know more about the company.

Absolutely. Singapore has a public company directory called Bizfile.gov.sg that you can use to look up the company registration details. Our company registration number is 201731477D. Screenshot below:

As for the site, are there more screenshots and preview to how the site works and looks like? I am very interested in how it goes and would like to see if there are any updates whatsoever. Signed up for the newsletter and hope to hear more soon! Cheesy

We were going to put it up as a surprise, but we're pushing this out over the weekend. You'll be hearing about it on the newsletter and on here. For now, we've got our draft API docs here.

juarezweiss

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 09:42:20 AM

What a cool project! Man, the future of the economy system is looking so beautiful...

Good luck!
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 11:09:00 AM

What a cool project! Man, the future of the economy system is looking so beautiful...

Good luck!

Thank you! Be sure to drop your email on our site so we can keep you posted on progress: https://verify.as/

The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6834

Cashback 15%

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:24:40 PM

I won't even pretend I understand the technicals of this project--but from what I'm reading, it sounds like it may actually have a use (unlike 99% of ICOs and such).  Hope it goes well for you guys, glad to be part of the sig campaign.

Man, bitcointalk is in dire need of a new trust system.  Again, I'm not a computer science geekarooni and don't know cryptography from the back of my elbow, but it seems like something of this nature could be implemented instead of the broken-ass system we have now.  Ignorance is not bliss!  I wish I had the math background to understand all of this.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 06:34:00 AM

I won't even pretend I understand the technicals of this project--but from what I'm reading, it sounds like it may actually have a use (unlike 99% of ICOs and such).  Hope it goes well for you guys, glad to be part of the sig campaign.

Thank you!

Man, bitcointalk is in dire need of a new trust system.  Again, I'm not a computer science geekarooni and don't know cryptography from the back of my elbow, but it seems like something of this nature could be implemented instead of the broken-ass system we have now.

Yeah any situation that requires trust (i.e. pay now, get "something/service" later) is broken if it requires confiding in any single person or entity. By democratizing reputation, we're confident not only that we'd provide a solution to those already facing this issue -- but grow the entire pie, and have more folks using crypto for payments.

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 08:13:20 AM

Hey everyone, we've got a live stream with the Verify team on Tuesday at 8am UTC! We'll have the Verify CEO Yazin Alirhayim and Head of Business Development Ibrahim Mokdad. Drop your questions here, or on the Youtube chat. All questions welcome!

Link to live stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_SBGVoanHs 👈

ktea666

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:00:27 AM

hi dev, what i will get if i invest at your coin ? do you have some bonus or reward ? thanks
EXtremeAEX

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:11:34 AM

Nice! Won't be able to catch the stream, but I'll catchup on that. Smiley I would like to post a few questions and hope to here the replies from your team. Grin

- For how long have your team planned this project?

- How do you intend to build up your reputation?

- If you were to do another project, what would it be about?

- How did your team come up with this project? What is your inspiration and aspiration to Verify?

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

AUDITCHAIN

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 09:12:04 AM

hi dev, what i will get if i invest at your coin ? do you have some bonus or reward ? thanks

hey there, our second tokensale in 12+ months would be at a starting price that is at least double the current token price of $0.225/CRED. If you purchase CRED tokens now, then you do so because you believe the project has a reasonable chance at success. If it does succeed, the token price can only go one way: up.

MeRoOo

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:40:52 AM

Thanks for going through these! There's a tactical difference, and there's a broader strategic difference.

Tactically, our entry strategy is through sellers. Sellers get:
1. Lower fees (1% vs up to 30% on Amazon)
2. Immediate payouts for sellers (vs. delayed payouts on practically every marketplaces in existance)
3. Reputation data on Verify is portable, and can be used on other platforms (so they aren't hostage to one company, see Uber/Amazon/etc)

Strategically, think about how amazon/ebay/etc are only available in certain jurisdictions: you can't do Paypal withdrawals in many places in MENA, and you can't really use Amazon's seller central there either. The blockchain democratizes access to payments, but you can't conduct commerce on top of a payments infrastructure alone: you need trust. Verify provides that trust.
now we start to get somewhere
the first 2 points is really good but i want to comment on number 3 which is without it the first 2 points is useless
so you guys need to get accepted by different platforms and that was my main question what will make any other platform or big site take your verification system as 100% legit?
what kind of partnership you have to backup this?

Dude are you bashing for the sake of bashing or you actually know what you are saying? have you ever used any of those services you mentioned?

Paxful is for buying bitcoins not trading goods and stuff.
localbitcoin is to buy and sell bitcoins not trading goods and stuff.

the concept is the same i am talking about the rating system i am talking about buy/sell
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 11:58:18 AM

so you guys need to get accepted by different platforms and that was my main question what will make any other platform or big site take your verification system as 100% legit?

No, we don't need a marketplace to "approve" the addition of Verify to its platform. The Verify payment solution is added directly to the seller's website -- if we provide a compelling value proposition to sellers, then there's no reason they wouldn't want to promote Verify (vs. any other payment option). The more reputable the seller gets, the more they have to gain.

We've done this sort of thing before -- we've signed up thousands of sellers on credit card processing as part of our previous work in White and Amazon's Payfort. We know what it takes to make sellers sign.

iluvicos

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:59:18 AM

I would like to know about this please Smiley
iluvicos

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:06:14 PM

We've done this sort of thing before -- we've signed up thousands of sellers on credit card processing as part of our previous work in White and Amazon's Payfort. We know what it takes to make sellers sign.
This is very interesting! I will take a look.
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 12:08:54 PM

Actually, we're already in closing talks with a few sellers; there may or may not be an announcement concerning that in the next week Smiley

iluvicos

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:12:19 PM

Actually, we're already in closing talks with a few sellers; there may or may not be an announcement concerning that in the next week Smiley
I'm guessing you guys are partnering with the big marketplaces? Amazon, ebay, etc?
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 01:05:33 PM

I'm guessing you guys are partnering with the big marketplaces? Amazon, ebay, etc?

No, it's unlikely we'll be signing any marketplaces this early. Marketplaces have no interest in disclosing reputation data -- we take the opposite approach. There may be synergies down the line, but our initial focus is squarely on getting independent sellers onboard.

iluvicos

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:29:12 PM

No, it's unlikely we'll be signing any marketplaces this early. Marketplaces have no interest in disclosing reputation data -- we take the opposite approach. There may be synergies down the line, but our initial focus is squarely on getting independent sellers onboard.
I see. I'll be looking forward to that announcement then.
danniel

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:26:20 PM

can we trade this coin now
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 04:15:37 PM

can we trade this coin now

Tokensale starts 29 Nov. We'll be looking to list on an exchange shortly thereafter.

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 03:40:54 AM

Whitelist Announcement
Whitelist now open to our first 500 early supporters in telegram here and that fill the form found in our blog post here

ObscurePen

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:56:27 AM

What makes Verify different to an escrow? For example, online escrow bots or trusted individuals? To be honest, an escrow would still be a safer option in a trade. Don't you think so?

Escrows are good for buyers, but they're terrible for sellers -- especially if these sellers have any serious transaction volume. The more orders you get, the more money you have locked up in the escrow -- and that really hurts cash-flow. Since any payment solution would have to integrate with sellers first before buyers can use it, it's obvious why no escrow service has been able to take the market by storm.

Reputation solves the problem that escrows cannot: it allows you to pay sellers instantly, while still providing buyers 100% protection.
I am still a bit confused about how reputation solves that problem. Sorry, I am bad at these kinds of stuff. Is reputation basically the profile of a seller that is verified by CRED tokens?
ObscurePen

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:00:37 AM

I am still a bit confused about how reputation solves that problem. Sorry, I am bad at these kinds of stuff. Is reputation basically the profile of a seller that is verified by CRED tokens?
So first off when I saw reputation, I though verify was a marketplace kind of thing. But then I heard it was a protocol. So then I thought perhaps the reputation is made on a seller's individual address through the CRED tokens. But then won't CRED tokens be able to be purchased on an exchange?  Huh
jimhuang

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:02:23 AM

the team is very strong , i think that is good project worth to invest
iluvicos

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:02:09 AM

I"d like to know about this also!
verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 09:11:56 AM

So first off when I saw reputation, I though verify was a marketplace kind of thing. But then I heard it was a protocol. So then I thought perhaps the reputation is made on a seller's individual address through the CRED tokens. But then won't CRED tokens be able to be purchased on an exchange?  Huh

Trust comes from reputation -- and reputation is a history of transactions (with each transaction having an expected outcome, and an actual outcome or end-result). What we do is extend credit, in the form of CRED tokens, to sellers so they get advance payment in proportion to their reputation.

So:
- Sellers with high reputation get all their transactions paid out instantly
- Sellers with no reputation will get paid once the buyer is happy (i.e. escrow situation)

CRED tokens are an "insurance policy" on transactions in the Verify network. This is explained in a ton of detail in our whitepaper.

fajarkus12

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:05:13 AM

the team is very strong , i think that is good project worth to invest

This is interesting project, verify is a reputation protocol that tracks the transaction history of participants (buyers, sellers) and unlocks benefits for those with good reputation. I think this project very useful because can make sure buyer and seller to transaction with safe
Akselrod

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:45:48 AM

Hello, do you have Russian thread? Thanks
adu1t

Activity: 171

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:17:40 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2017, 10:51:05 AM by adu1t

Verify is a great project with a great team. This is one of the best ICOs by far.
Totally agree.
People don't realize how big this project is and looking at such a small hard cap it could grow  significantly
anhbloginc

Activity: 105

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:17:26 AM

I love this project and can't wait to join it. When the sale will begin?

verifyas

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 10:05:41 AM

Thanks! We're announcing the new tokensale date the end of the week..

G.Butrik

Activity: 630
Merit: 350

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:59:42 PM

verifyas, could you please give an answer - is Bounty Campaign ends today?
Because Bounty Manager is being inactive and quiet in the Bounty thread Sad
dz4505

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:30:03 AM

Thanks! We're announcing the new tokensale date the end of the week..
Do you think the token sale is more than 9 days?
adu1t

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:11:13 AM

Do you think the token sale is more than 9 days?
you must be kidding?
480 people, 2.5 mln hardcap. great project and strong team
Syroamst

Activity: 153

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 10:54:59 AM

Verify is selected by ICO Drops!  Cheesy  See  https://icodrops.com/verify/

The Best ICO Calendar
█ █ █   ICO Drops   █ █ █
Rating + Bounty List + ROI
Bossthirteen

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:52:47 AM

Good to hear, looking forward to this one!

verifyas

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 05:56:26 AM

Hard cap reached in presale: https://verify.as/sale

Thank you all for the support!

LeoFirefly

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:31:04 AM

What are the exchanges that Verify. as expects to be listed on, any approvals as yet apart from EtherDelta ?

The team has been great in their messaging and even though its a crowded space, its a big space where lots of payment partners will be needed so its a big pie which verify should move fast to capture a fair share of.
verifyas

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 05:50:32 AM

Thanks, we're on it -- will be posting an update over the next week to two.

josh07

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:44:25 PM

how long to get our token sir?

verifyas

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 02:59:18 PM

https://verify.as/bounty/ -- we'll be transferring the tokens out this week

shr0om

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:54:01 PM

When do you expect listings on big exchanges such as Binance/Bittrex? Can we get a certain date, other than 'soon' or that you are 'working on it'? Either way, great project, might jump in later when date for exchanges is out.
josh07

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:42:38 AM

thank you sir i will wait for that.

cybercobro

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:05:28 PM

thank you sir i will wait for that.

https://verify.as Thanks You very much,
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:26:36 PM

What a cool  i like it,ANN well done, colors are great, it took my attention at once ,i thnik ,Well done ANN one of important things to start project as ,there can be great project but if there is no infgraphic or any graphics not so much users will join it.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

KosmoKisa
Legendary

Activity: 1691
Merit: 1002

🔰In Crypto We Trust🔰

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:39:36 AM

Bounty received. Thanks.  Smiley
AndyGon

Activity: 350
Merit: 160

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:40:43 PM

And after that they told that need a good quality of work. Who will do good quality if they give all the same. I spend 6 hours for writing, than spend some hours for translate in english and ask my friend from USA to check it all and correct, and wanted to give something to him. And someone just translate part of WP to russian and get some rewads for 10 minutes of work.
Who need this ? What they could speak about reputation. Their reputation is -2 now and will go down.

Verify and Yazin personaly, you loosing your reputation at begging of your work. It not good. I will post this article in first paragraph of my review and marked it Red. It will  be there for a long time.
Altrader

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:09:38 PM

what is the ICO price from Verify?
i see the price was down today after hit ATH about $0,58

▒║HONOR✹JUBS║ DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM OF ON-DEMAND WORK ║▒ Pre-ICO ⏩ January 15 ▒║
║▒ BTT ANNBountyFacebookTwitterSlackTelegramDownload App▒║ICO ⏩ Feb 19 - Mar 12║▒
josh07

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:11:33 AM

the token is already send sir?

trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 08:31:42 AM

the token is already send sir?

payment was send and all rewards was reduce.

i just got 4,333 CRED in spreadsheet i got 14625
goodluck with your project and we hope you didnt get bad reputation in this forum

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
83HinSky

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:36:50 AM

And after that they told that need a good quality of work. Who will do good quality if they give all the same. I spend 6 hours for writing, than spend some hours for translate in english and ask my friend from USA to check it all and correct, and wanted to give something to him. And someone just translate part of WP to russian and get some rewads for 10 minutes of work.
Who need this ? What they could speak about reputation. Their reputation is -2 now and will go down.

Verify and Yazin personaly, you loosing your reputation at begging of your work. It not good. I will post this article in first paragraph of my review and marked it Red. It will  be there for a long time.

I don’t understand, can you explain what happend and why are you upset about?
esvictorgc

Activity: 133

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:21:39 PM

This is one of the projects that catches your attention when you read the website and the wp. Everything makes sense and it seems a very useful tool to implement payment in crypto currency. Whit this low marketcap and total supply it’s a good opportunity to invest a get good profits!
el3f

Activity: 176

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:59:11 AM

What will be the next Exchange for VERIFY?

verifyas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 12:25:02 PM

We're working on it daily. Track latest status here: https://community.verify.as/t/exchange-listings-for-cred/23

zuyi10

Activity: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:03:52 PM

Will there be another stage of the ICO?
verifyas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 03:38:15 PM

No, the tokensale ended during the presale. There was no public sale.

walerikus

Activity: 180
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 12:16:00 AM

What exchanges is going to add verify and when?
verifyas

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 03:28:46 AM

What exchanges is going to add verify and when?

we maintain an up-to-date list here: https://community.verify.as/t/exchange-listings-for-cred/23

btctuxedo

Activity: 285
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:03:58 PM

Ouch... I missed the presale! This looks like an interesting project Smiley Very nice website and I like what I see in the whitepaper.

coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:25:39 PM

today this token hit more than $1 ,, and more than 50% growing
and i see in CMC this token just listed on another exchange
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/verify/#markets
congrats for all holders

KCR

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:21:24 PM

I don't want to take chances by trading in EtherDelta. It has been hacked quite a few times.
zerocom
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:02:19 AM

LISTED TODAY AT YOBIT, if you don't have an account yet, register with this link   

https://yobit.io/?bonus=ZYqaJ

and start trading!!

Ethereum Next is a brand-new cryptocurrency
 Twitter      ⟹ Ethereum Next  ⟸     telegram
MarkJubleg

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:57:56 AM

keep in news guys, this coin will be list on more than 5 exchangers,
Xantopher

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:36:02 PM

Thanks for keeping an updated tracker. It's a great way to see which exchanges will be listed next. More altcoins should be doing this!
adu1t

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:36:16 PM

Anyone heard that Charlie Shrem has connections with Verify project?
prowe

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:26:28 PM

I really appreciate the transparant approach within the Verify (CRED) project!

I am absolutely sure that prominent exchanges will follow in the upcoming future.
https://community.verify.as/t/exchange-listings-for-cred/23

and thanks for yesterday's update
https://medium.com/@terryliu_71238/etherdelta-listing-policy-announcement-49c8ed4ff1f1

Keep it up  Cool

Cryptocurrency Safe Trade Coin - Future Freelancer Platform Gronzo
secbyt2

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:23:47 AM

Why there is only 8 pages on this forum? On Twitter is 12k followers, so this thread should have at least 50 pages.
dektox

Activity: 114
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:53:25 PM

What you do is straightforward, good-looking and promising.
However, we should recognize that there are a lot of risks cause you don't have any product/contracts.
As far as I understood: you have charismatic and experienced StartUper from Bahrain who hired freelancers from CIS.
(If I'm not mistaken)

Please, focus more on the development, not on seeking liquidity.
Exchanges are secondary and they will come since the primary product/agreements come.

I personally go YoBit to buy some CRED!

Good luck, guys!
sonphamuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:20:55 PM

I have see what exchange will listings CRED, so much X  Embarrassed. CRED is entering a crowded space and is not very visible yet. How community can help CRED to listing more exchange in future?
keepboxm

Activity: 229
Merit: 170

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:34:51 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 09:02:39 AM by keepboxm

Are you planning to make partnerships with services like Civic or THEKEY? I think it will be very useful for your project
quality.crypto

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:59:47 AM

Are you planning to make partnerships with services like Civic or THEKEY? I think it will be very useful for your project

If they have any information definitely they will share the listing and so don't worry already the price of CRED increased a lot in the market. The market cap for cred it quite good soon we can expect good price in the market.
Xantopher

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:07:16 AM

Awesome growth on this project. I've been following it closely and it's great to see how well it has done. Keep it up!
deltim

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:08:11 PM

Hi Yazin,

I wonder what your take is on the growth of [Suspicious link removed]merce. As the whitepaper states the volume of [Suspicious link removed]merce is incredibly small. In my opinion I think that as long as cryptocurrencies and tokens stay subject to speculation, the volume of [Suspicious link removed]merce might stay small. I think Verify has great potential in a mature [Suspicious link removed]merce market. But I see the immaturity of [Suspicious link removed]merce as a obstacle right now.

What's your take on this?

FreshB

Activity: 308

The Movement DAO

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:30:04 AM

Incase you are not aware, Vote for CRED to be listed on Kucoin! This is our chance for a better exchange. We have done well on etherdelta, but we can do better.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
CRED.me

Merit: 4

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:02:41 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 04:56:39 AM by CRED.me

Afaics, you’re infringing on our use of the CRED token name. Our plans/use of this name predates yours as best as I can determine based on the first public post from your project being early October 2017 on Medium, which didn’t even mention CRED. Your whitepaper has a reference to “Oct. 18, 2017” on page 12, so it wasn’t created before that date. Do you have any public evidence of your plans/use of the CRED name from before October? The first public mention of “CRED tokens” that I can find is on your Medium post of Nov. 8 and the OP of this ANN thread which is also dated Nov. 8.

https://www.name.com/whois-lookup/cred.cloud
https://www.namecheap.com/domains/whois/results.aspx?domain=cred.cash
https://imgur.com/a/JvmFI

I think that for a considerable duration of time it won’t really matter. Our projects have different target markets. I don’t expect an issue on the exchanges because of this (I won’t tell you why now and actually you’re use of the CRED name on exchanges is somewhat of a blessing for us). And I doubt very much that your narrow scope, ERC-20, ICO-issued project1 will be of any serious threat in terms of name confusion to the scope of our goals/plans. But none of us can predict the future.

Yet this serves as notice that we don’t intend to stop our use of the CRED name.

To avoid confusion and dilution of brand (mostly at your detriment, if any, since CRED is the name of our project and domain name), you might want to consider changing your token name to REPS (can’t be REP as is taken by Augur). Since reputation seems to be your project’s primary function.

Other than that, best wishes for you.

1 I have strong doubts about whether ICO-issued projects will survive for more than a year or two due to a sea-change in regulation on the way.
Bitnumb

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:54:36 AM

Afaics, you’re infringing on our use of the CRED token name. Our plans/use of this name predates yours as best as I can determine based on the first public post from your project being early October 2017 on Medium, which didn’t even mention CRED. Your whitepaper has a reference to “Oct. 18, 2017” on page 12, so it wasn’t created before that date. Do you have any public evidence of your plans/use of the CRED name from before October? The first public mention of “CRED tokens” that I can find is on your Medium post of Nov. 8 and the OP of this ANN thread which is also dated Nov. 8.

https://www.name.com/whois-lookup/cred.cloud
https://www.namecheap.com/domains/whois/results.aspx?domain=cred.cash
https://imgur.com/a/JvmFI

I think that for a considerable duration of time it won’t really matter. Our projects have different target markets. I don’t expect an issue on the exchanges because of this (I won’t tell you why now and actually you’re use of the CRED name on exchanges is somewhat of a blessing for us). And I doubt very much that your narrow scope, ERC-20, ICO-issued project1 will be of any serious threat in terms of name confusion to the scope of our goals/plans. But none of us can predict the future.

Yet this serves as notice that we don’t intend to stop our use of the CRED name.

To avoid confusion and dilution of brand (mostly at your detriment, if any, since CRED is the name of our project and domain name), you might want to consider changing your token name to REPS (can’t be REP as is taken by Augur). Since reputation seems to be your project’s primary function.

Other than that, best wishes for you.

1 I have strong doubts about whether ICO-issued projects will survive for more than a year or two due to a sea-change in regulation on the way.

Lol get the fuck out of here. Just because you may have registered a shady domain with the same name first doesn’t mean you have the exclusive rights for the name CRED. You don’t even have a working website or product. Anyone can register websites and hope that someone uses the same name in a few years. And than you’re even advising a name change, lol noway that’s going to happen. You’re even doubting all ICO’s lol don’t forget Ethereum was also an ICO.
CRED.me

Merit: 4

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:42:16 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 11:12:54 AM by CRED.me
Merited by Traxo (1)

Just because you may have registered a shady domain with the same name first doesn’t mean you have the exclusive rights for the name CRED. You don’t even have a working website or product.

I think you fail to understand who AnonyMint is and the scope of his project will likely overwhelm in popular usage anything this narrow project Verify will ever achieve (not unless perhaps in a very unlikely scenario Amazon decided to accept cryptocurrencies and selected Verify as their reputation service, but even I think that would be mostly hype and not enough people would buy on Amazon with cryptocurrency at this time, although that might be viable some years from now yet then one would assume Amazon would create its own reputation service). And the CRED project has been in research and development for years.

You can do what ever you want, it won’t change the fact that we own the CRED name as both the project name and the token name because our project will have orders-of-magnitude more users and exposure than yours.

I was attempting to make a friendly suggestion that you consider changing your token name to REPS avoid causing confusion at the exchanges. You (and the exchanges who host you) could end up getting sued later perhaps by our users in a class action lawsuit who are pissed off that your selling them tokens (on exchanges) which are not usable for our project. Or who knows what our attorneys may advise later. So it might be best for you to bite-the-bullet and make the change sooner than later (that is if your project is serious about being around a year or two from now, but I doubt that as well). Frankly I think we’re probably in entirely different markets not only w.r.t. the scope and features of our respective projects, but also because Verify is likely primarily targeting speculators first before users; whereas, our CRED project is targeting users and not speculators. And there will be actual teeth behind this claim to make it provably so.

Your project is supposed to be a serious, objective reputation service for merchants. Reputation is a quality attained by widespread acceptance. So you should be using REPS and not credibility which is more informal, can vary based on localized, subjective persuasion, and associated with street cred where it fits better with our project (e.g. we will have decentralized curation/moderation wherein credibility can vary for different sets of users). Also who knows you may possibly end up doing very well with your project by piggybacking on ours, so why are you trying to make enemies? Even look at the title of this thread says, “Verify - The Future of Reputation” not “Verify - The Future of Credibility”. You can clearly see that the word credibility doesn’t describe your project well. Be consistent and use a token name that matches the words you use to describe your main feature, and stop infringing our project and token name (which are consistent and well matched to our project theme).

cred·i·bil·i·ty
ˌkredəˈbilədē/
noun
the quality of being trusted and believed in.
the quality of being convincing or believable.
another term for street credibility.

rep·u·ta·tion
ˌrepyəˈtāSH(ə)
noun
the beliefs or opinions that are generally held about someone or something.
a widespread belief that someone or something has a particular habit or characteristic.

You’ve been sent a friendly notice at the earliest time that we became aware of your use of our project and token name, for your token name.

Btw, are you a member of the project team or just some random supporter that we should ignore?

don’t forget Ethereum was also an ICO.

You’re not Ethereum. You’re one of some 100s of ERC-20 token ICO metoocoins with a niche idea and whitepaper, extracting money from speculators for a common enterprise, which makes it a security subject securities regulations in the USA, Asia, and soon in Europe with MiFiDII:

And the ICO cease & desist orders begin:

https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/12/sec-shuts-down-munchee-ico/

And the European regulator is coming:

http://archive.is/heVFi

G20 coordinated regulation coming:

The international mood toward Bitcoin has continued to tighten, particularly with US Treasury secretary Steven Mnuchin stating that the G20 nations will begin working together to make sure that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are properly regulated.

There’s no way we’re going to let you waste the CRED token name on that, given we owned it before you starting infringing and our plans are vast and have been in place for a long-time. And we’ve already used the CRED token name, you just aren’t aware of it.

Lol get the fuck out of here.

The gangster tone is not befitting a professional project.

I'm nowhere stating that CRED is Ethereum, just debunking your argument where you state that ICO-issued project will not survive in two years.

Read more carefully. I wrote “ERC-20 ICO-issued”, not “ICO-issued”.

And that’s a very important distinction which is covered in detail in the linked threads I provided. ERC-20 means you can issue a pre-functional token fairly easily with nearly no open source community (at the time of the launch or within a short time thereafter) and other aspects that might make issuance instead a utility token or otherwise side-step the Howey test.

go to their website and contact the owner or sue them

I’ll presume they read this thread or have been alerted by their community who do. Yet we’ll also alert them through their other channels of communication. I’ll also presume their attorneys are capable of understanding the implications of investing heavily in a token name which is later subjecting the principals of the project to potential liability. As I said, our post here was only to serve notice that we will not stop of our use of the CRED name for both our project and token. And suggesting this could possibly lead to problems for them in the future, which they might wish to avoid. And suggesting that REPS is better fit to their theme of reputation. Obviously we’re not at the point right now of suing anybody nor wishing to do so. Trying to suggest amicable resolution. It’s up to them obviously how they want to respond or not at this juncture. I presume they’re only interested in the short-term extraction of speculators money and so I presume they don’t care about the long-term outcome. They probably presume they’ll be long gone by them any way. So as I said in my first post, I think the market may resolve this naturally. We’ll see…

Lol you’re pathetic. I’m just saying that because registrering a domain doesn’t mean you have the exclusive right for a name first.

The first thing we do before deciding if a name can be ours to use, is to see if we can register the major domains and see if there we any recent registrations for the applicable domains which would indicate some other project may be using the same name. Because being aware of potential future conflicts ahead of time is important for planning and decisions. If they had done this, maybe they would have decided to use REPS from the start instead.

Additionally the issue here for trademark law (copyright is the not the correct law for name protection) is establishing preponderance of public awareness for a particular target market. If our target markets don’t overlap such that users don’t get confused, typically there can be no trademark issue. Yet if our use of CRED totally dominates public awareness, yet they’re selling CRED tokens to our confused users on exchanges, then they would be the infringing party regardless of the dispute about who claimed the name first. So that is why I suggested that if they intend to still be on the exchanges 1 – 2 years from now, they might want to contemplate the implications and consider whether a change now to REPS might be a better strategy. If they instead wait too long, maybe some other project grabs REPS, then they could get squeezed by our more popular adoption and having not a good alternative to switch to if trademark lawsuits come later due to exchanges confusion. The exchanges within our legal reach aren’t going to be offering our token any way (by our design), so we wouldn’t care if they were listed as CRED on exchanges except for the conflict will be, if any, that if our users are mistakenly assuming they can buy our tokens on exchanges and then getting pissed off at Verify for selling our users something they can’t use in our project. Perhaps the confusion will be minimal. I dunno. We’ll see…

Thus, I can conclude you’re also apparently ignorant of the law.

Just saying, get the fuck out of the CRED topic, bringing a negative vibe. And if you really have a problem with CRED then normally a smart person would contact the owner itself, not via a forum lol. Ask them directly or sue them directly.

We have hereby provided notice officially in the most popular forum for altcoin announcements and discussion. This is a necessary action so that a date of first public notice is established.

Since 2015, AnonyMint has been quite negative on ICO-issued projects that violate securities and/or FinCEN/AML regulations. A forum is for speaking openly about analyses. The regulators have begun to take actions all over the world on ICOs and this will increase. They can’t shutdown every exchange in every third world country, but they can go after the principals of the projects who reside in G20 countries for example. IMO a huge clawback and crypto winter is coming for those projects which flaunted the law, even if they had legal counsel advising them that they could side-step based on some invalid theory or jurisdictional arbitrage. It’s a very complicated subject matter though, so we’ll have to see what transpires on that front. Nevertheless, I presume 99% of the ERC-20 token offerings are “get rick quick scams” for the insiders.

But moreover, I can basically assume this project is BS because they have a fundamental hen-egg problem with scaling. They can’t scale merchant adoption of reputation services by being a (one of eventually dozens of) 3rd party(ies) to the decentralized ledger trying to aggregate customers and merchants. Rather the reputation problem needs to be solved by the officially sanctioned decentralized ledger protocol itself for a popular decentralized ledger. So that economic reality further weighs into the consideration of whether Verify’s token is truly a utility token and not a speculative security. OTOH, they appear to have some capable people on the team, so it may not be all a mirage, but I still think they'll fail to scale it. There’s other issues I see with the project concept, but I’d rather not expend my time writing it all down.

And by the way, i’m not working for CRED in any matter. I don’t even have CRED lol. I’m just following the project because i see its true potential. But found it very funny to see such dumb people on the internet thinking they know everything.

Yeah like you think you know everything:

https://gist.github.com/shelby3/e0c36e24344efba2d1f0d650cd94f1c7

When CRED launches its correct solution to the above issue of how to scale decentralized which Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS, Iota and all others have not and will not be able to solve, do you even grasp that it’s on an entire other level than this niche reputation project Verify.

Note Bitnumb is apparently just a troll with a gangster attitude and not a representative of the Verify project, so he has been put on Ignore.
Bitnumb

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:40:51 AM

Just because you may have registered a shady domain with the same name first doesn’t mean you have the exclusive rights for the name CRED. You don’t even have a working website or product.

I think you fail to understand who AnonyMint is and the scope of his project will likely crush anything this narrow project Verify will ever achieve. And it has been in research and development for years.

You can do what ever you want, it won’t change the fact that we own the CRED name as both the project name and the token name because our project will have orders-of-magnitude more users and exposure than yours.

I was attempting to make a friendly suggestion that you consider changing your token name to REPS avoid causing confusion at the exchanges. You could end up getting sued later perhaps by our users in a class action lawsuit who are pissed off that your selling them tokens (on exchanges) which are not usable for our project. So it might be best for you to bite-the-bullet and make the change sooner than later (that is if your project is serious about being around a year or two from now, but I doubt that as well).

Your project is supposed to be a serious, objective reputation service for merchants. Reputation is a quality attained by widespread acceptance. So you should be using REPS and not credibility which is more informal, can vary based on localized, subjective persuasion, and associated with street cred where it fits better with our project (e.g. we will have decentralized curation/moderation wherein credibility can vary for different sets of users). Also who knows you may possibly end up doing very well with your project by piggybacking on ours, so why are you trying to make enemies? Even look at the title of this thread says, “Verify - The Future of Reputation” not “Verify - The Future of Credibility”. You can clearly see that the word credibility doesn’t describe your project well. Be consistent and use a token name that matches the words you use to describe your main feature, and stop infringing our project and token name (which are consistent and well matched to our project theme).

You’ve been sent a friendly notice at the earliest time that we became aware of your use of our project and token name.

Btw, are you member of the project team or just some random supporter that we should ignore?

don’t forget Ethereum was also an ICO.

You’re not Ethereum. You’re one of some 100s of ERC-20 token ICO metoocoins with a niche idea and whitepaper, extracting money from speculators for a common enterprise, which makes it a security subject securities regulations.

There’s no way we’re going to let you waste the CRED token name on that, given we owned it before you starting infringing and our plans are vast and have been in place for a long-time. And we’ve already used the CRED token name, you just aren’t aware of it.

Lol get the fuck out of here.

The gangster tone is not befitting a professional project.

Lol dude what is your problem. What do I even care who AnonyMint is?(besides that his name is nowhere mentioned, nor on your website which isn't live anyway)
But anyway because he an active community member doesn't mean that a project he runs out will be a succes.

And lol I'm just saying you don't have the exclusive right to CRED just because you registered the domain Wink

And then you're also giving CRED advise on what they should do and how they should change their name, only because it benefits you.

You’re not Ethereum. You’re one of some 100s of ERC-20 token ICO metoocoins with a niche idea and whitepaper, extracting money from speculators for a common enterprise, which makes it a security subject securities regulations.
I'm nowhere stating that CRED is Ethereum, just debunking your argument where you state that ICO-issued project will not survive in two years.

LOL you haven't owned anything, you don't even have a token. you only have a domain which isn't working. Your just pathetic, GTFO out of this topic and if you really have a problem with CRED, go to their website and contact the owner or sue them Grin
verifyas

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 08:40:37 AM

Hi Yazin,

I wonder what your take is on the growth of [Suspicious link removed]merce. As the whitepaper states the volume of [Suspicious link removed]merce is incredibly small. In my opinion I think that as long as cryptocurrencies and tokens stay subject to speculation, the volume of [Suspicious link removed]merce might stay small. I think Verify has great potential in a mature [Suspicious link removed]merce market. But I see the immaturity of [Suspicious link removed]merce as a obstacle right now.

What's your take on this?

Good point, and I agree with your argument. There are two primary reasons why cryptocommerce is small:
1. Most people don't hold crypto
2. Most people that hold crypto are speculators

I'll be sharing a post soon explaining what we're doing to address these reasons.

semsyor

Activity: 365

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:21:55 PM

Weekly Update: 26th Jan 2018

As customer development continues, we’re getting closer to an alpha release of the Verify payments platform. We’ll be sharing details in the lead up to this early released — and we’ve kicked things off with the Verify Master Plan post linked below.

We put on quite a show on the KuCoin community vote this past week, raking in 5,270 votes. Unfortunately, we ended in 4th place (so no automatic listing). We’ve yet to hear back from KuCoin on next steps — and are open to a paid listing. We’ll update the community exchange post as updates come in.

We’re still interviewing for the two technical roles we announced: a front-end developer role (details here) and a CTO. If you’re interested in applying, please reach out.

Also, this will be the last regular weekly update. We’ll start sending ad-hoc updates from now on (through our primary channels on our community page, Reddit and Medium).

The Verify Master Plan, Part 1
In keeping with our core value of transparency, we’re diving into the strategy we’ve laid out for Verify Payments. Check it out on Medium.

Reddit AMA: Mon, Jan 29
We’re running a live AMA on Reddit with Yazin Alirhayim, CEO @ Verify. Get your questions ready and post them here — I’ll be answering them live this Monday, 12pm UTC.

https://medium.com/@verify.as/weekly-update-26th-jan-2018-900abfd7e9e0
druegun

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:38:58 AM

Weekly Update: 26th Jan 2018

As customer development continues, we’re getting closer to an alpha release of the Verify payments platform. We’ll be sharing details in the lead up to this early released — and we’ve kicked things off with the Verify Master Plan post linked below.

We put on quite a show on the KuCoin community vote this past week, raking in 5,270 votes. Unfortunately, we ended in 4th place (so no automatic listing). We’ve yet to hear back from KuCoin on next steps — and are open to a paid listing. We’ll update the community exchange post as updates come in.

We’re still interviewing for the two technical roles we announced: a front-end developer role (details here) and a CTO. If you’re interested in applying, please reach out.

Also, this will be the last regular weekly update. We’ll start sending ad-hoc updates from now on (through our primary channels on our community page, Reddit and Medium).

The Verify Master Plan, Part 1
In keeping with our core value of transparency, we’re diving into the strategy we’ve laid out for Verify Payments. Check it out on Medium.

Reddit AMA: Mon, Jan 29
We’re running a live AMA on Reddit with Yazin Alirhayim, CEO @ Verify. Get your questions ready and post them here — I’ll be answering them live this Monday, 12pm UTC.

https://medium.com/@verify.as/weekly-update-26th-jan-2018-900abfd7e9e0

Awesome! I just read your whitepaper and am really interested in this project. I want to invest but am a little leery of the current exchanges offering CRED. A Kucoin listing would be great.
Xantopher

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:27:49 PM

Long live the only CRED. I'm excited for the future of Verify - based on the white paper it seems like there are great things to come!
Julen

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:39:39 AM

Some actual progress been made or a pump and dump ongoing?  Sold too early in either case Sad
oapieNL

Activity: 223
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:24:42 AM

I bought some CRED today. I paid only 30 cents on yobit. $ 0.15 cents cheaper than those other exchanges.  Smiley
CryptoManiac94

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:29:06 AM

There is telegram or discord group?
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1119

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:17:41 PM

is there still any active development being done?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Roidz92

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:14:39 PM

i don't know if they have another channel for comunications, but this btt thread seems dead. I bought some Verify tokens couple months ago hoping to have nice profit, but as far as i see no one cares about this token? It had potential, why don't you take care of your coin, team?
yehor

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:57:00 PM

where the company is located?
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:33:31 AM

it seems they no longer care about this project.
there are no teams to raise this project. and I know if the team can not execute properly the road map means the team is no longer active.
alvayer82

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:30:09 AM

there are no teams to raise this project. and I know if the team can not execute properly the road map means the team is no longer active.

it was a flip scam project, no one cares about it even the team Smiley scam is scam la la la
Rrita

Activity: 670
Merit: 512

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:28:43 AM

There is telegram or discord group?

i found it in their official website: https://t.me/verifyas

is there still any active development being done?
you can found it form team official post https://medium.com/@verify.as?source=post_header_lockup

i don't know if they have another channel for comunications, but this btt thread seems dead. I bought some Verify tokens couple months ago hoping to have nice profit, but as far as i see no one cares about this token? It had potential, why don't you take care of your coin, team?

reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/verifyas/
telegram: https://t.me/verifyas

they care and i found some update in theire twitter and medium blog post. twitter : https://twitter.com/verif_yas medium: https://medium.com/@verify.as?source=post_header_lockup
bimboy1

Activity: 133
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:44:27 PM

Hello,Why this thread is so silent ? Why there is no announcement about this project? I think the update of this project should be posted here beside medium and twitter.
Maybe the project team were making plans for the future of this project, we should be able to think positively so that this project can succeed
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:24:59 PM

https://medium.com/@verify.as/quarterly-update-verify-q2-2018-2e132ed08f20
Quarterly Update: Verify, Q2 2018

Time for another quarterly update, ladies and gents. We’ve got quite a line up of announcements, so let’s dive right in. This update is broken down into 2 main sections: Verify Payments, and the Verify Protocol.

Wait, what? Verify Protocol? You thought we weren’t working on that for at least another few quarters, didn’t you? Well folks, we’ve spent the past quarter working on both solutions, with development on the protocol starting in earnest since late June. So without further ado, let’s jump into the announcements.
Delphinus

Merit: 112

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:39:08 AM

https://medium.com/@verify.as/quarterly-update-verify-q2-2018-2e132ed08f20
Quarterly Update: Verify, Q2 2018

Time for another quarterly update, ladies and gents. We’ve got quite a line up of announcements, so let’s dive right in. This update is broken down into 2 main sections: Verify Payments, and the Verify Protocol.

Wait, what? Verify Protocol? You thought we weren’t working on that for at least another few quarters, didn’t you? Well folks, we’ve spent the past quarter working on both solutions, with development on the protocol starting in earnest since late June. So without further ado, let’s jump into the announcements.

Working product with actual partnerships and outside the Top1000.

To bad I can't buy more at the current prices with the terrible liquidity, but this can't really go much lower.

vesper188

Activity: 123

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:15:13 PM

guys worth to buy ?
Delphinus

Merit: 112

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:02:41 PM

guys worth to buy ?

The thread is pretty dead, but I still think it's worth a buy. Their market cap is tiny, but they have a working product and partnerships with several banks.
Mainly lacking a decent exchange atm.

yuanbao2018

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:32:45 AM

I just finished reading the white paper and the project looks very promising. Will wait for more information!If you add more specific information about this project, it will be easier to make a decision. i mean,for example, what people get of invest?
reffi

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:53:03 PM

Been trying to understand how this Verify system works, so money transfers from one bank to another bank and Verify team has to manually convert it to fiat or is it done automatically?? 

Any plans on expanding outside the middle east banks, and to the europe or usa?
Mkmanik

Activity: 986
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:54:47 AM

API documentation for Verify Payments!: https://docs.verifypayments.com
This update posted Twitter 23 Aug 2018, here is full twitter post link: https://twitter.com/verif_yas/status/1032643853956927488

The team is active in the telegram. but I dont know why they are not posting here those update! I would ask about it in there telegram channel. it would bring transparecnty amonth us about the project.
Roidz92

Merit: 106

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 06:46:15 AM

Been trying to understand how this Verify system works, so money transfers from one bank to another bank and Verify team has to manually convert it to fiat or is it done automatically?? 

Any plans on expanding outside the middle east banks, and to the europe or usa?

Actually, i'm trying to understand if the team still exist or not.. cause this thread is absolutely dead.
Telegram is not enough if you want to build a community, and in this world the community is the biggest part of success.
Steals84

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:55:45 PM

Any news about new exchanges? The volume is so low Good project with a bad marketing((
JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 08:27:41 PM

I'm glad this project its still on track. Too bad that the roadmap for this quarter was too far from the truth. That is, in becoming the preferred cryptopayment method.
Mkmanik

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:11:40 AM

Any news about new exchanges? The volume is so low Good project with a bad marketing((
A few days ago I asked the same question in their telegram channel.at this moment they are not interested to talk about the new exchange site.they are working now for the product, so they are busy with there product. they believe if they can provide a good product it would be easy to list Verify big exchange.
So wait for the coin development. at this moment Idex is good https://idex.market/eth/cred
for the latest update about the exchange you can visit : https://community.verify.as/t/exchange-listings-for-cred/23
Mkmanik

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:13:26 AM

Got an update: https://twitter.com/verif_yas/status/1036937457772756992
http://mediaoffice.ae/en/media-center/news/4/9/2018/fintech-hive-welcomes-22-innovative-startups-for-its-2018-accelerator-programme.aspx

anwarman

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:53:11 AM

Dear Verity Team
Your coin may be free of listing on Aiodex if the number of votes is large enough.
Let's vote for it ☞ https://aiodex.com/vote
Please, Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Aiodex Team
Discord: https://discord.gg/RvhvdZq
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aiodexofficial
Twitter: https://twitter.com/aiodex_official
Telegram: https://t.me/aiodex_official
Mkmanik

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 09:45:15 AM

@verif_yas
Verify Protocol beta released to Ropsten! Read more here Verify Protocol beta released to Ropsten!

verify is a sleeping giant. my bag is full with verify coin. hope soon we would get more information about this project.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: