Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:19:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Strategy for a newbie in this time of uncertainty  (Read 797 times)
flowpify (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:34:57 AM

Hello guys,
I have been following bitcoin for a while now, from back to when it was around a couple hundred dollars, but I was too afraid to jump on this train at the time.
Now that I see it's current level, I'm quite sad to have missed this opportunity, but, I'm ready to got for it.
The thing is, regarding the current situation where the altcoin market is quite calm and Btc on the way for the unknown with the next fork, I'm not exactly sure what strategy I should adopt.
Shall I just invest in BTC, no matter what will happen with the fork? Shall I invest in certain good value altcoins waiting for BTC to stabilize?
I know this is a question that comes a lot from beginner like, and I'm sorry If it's just another random post but I didn't found the answers to my questions for now.
Thank you in advance for your feedbacks guys, I'm new to this forum but I'm hoping to stay for a while Smiley

in my opinion as a newbie, I'm waiting for the final result of the fork I keep my eyes on the news, on the social networks in everything related, while the investment in bitcoin, I chose the atcoins analyzing and investing, waiting for readjustments in the BTC!

Agree. That's basically what I want to do. For Now it's wait & see since everything is moving, but when the situation will stabilize, I'll take my decision Smiley
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:09:48 AM

Trading is not an easy job, I have a couple of advice for you:
1. Do not use margin trading in Crypto it‘s too volatile
2. Always have a risk management plan
3. Never over trade 3 small losses and 1 big profit, a month are better than losing everything.

last, if you want to buy bitcoin buy it gradually like 10 % of your capital in case the price goes lower your buyback at a cheaper price and keep repeating that.
Xiberion

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:52:47 AM

If you're interested in a long-term strategy, I'd suggest you a very simple conservative strategy:

1. Split your investment into top10 coins by market cap. You get lower risk and average profit.
2. Rebalance your portfolio once in a month.
3. Enjoy

Trading is not an easy job, I have a couple of advice for you:
1. Do not use margin trading in Crypto it‘s too volatile
2. Always have a risk management plan
3. Never over trade 3 small losses and 1 big profit, a month are better than losing everything.

last, if you want to buy bitcoin buy it gradually like 10 % of your capital in case the price goes lower your buyback at a cheaper price and keep repeating that.

Very nice to found these two suggestions. Every people have their own strategy, and very interesting to adapt and combine those one or other point. Anybody here can help in detail about rebalancing portfolio? I'm still learning about it  Huh Thanks
febryza

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

CryptoCurrency

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:19:28 PM

Hello guys,
I have been following bitcoin for a while now, from back to when it was around a couple hundred dollars, but I was too afraid to jump on this train at the time.
Now that I see it's current level, I'm quite sad to have missed this opportunity, but, I'm ready to got for it.
The thing is, regarding the current situation where the altcoin market is quite calm and Btc on the way for the unknown with the next fork, I'm not exactly sure what strategy I should adopt.
Shall I just invest in BTC, no matter what will happen with the fork? Shall I invest in certain good value altcoins waiting for BTC to stabilize?
I know this is a question that comes a lot from beginner like, and I'm sorry If it's just another random post but I didn't found the answers to my questions for now.
Thank you in advance for your feedbacks guys, I'm new to this forum but I'm hoping to stay for a while Smiley

My advice is just to sell all your bitcoin or invest in some good coin or buy ETHEREUM, i prefer believe ETH than BTC for myself.

[
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:09:55 PM

My advice is just to sell all your bitcoin or invest in some good coin or buy ETHEREUM, i prefer believe ETH than BTC for myself.

Listen to the newbie, he knows how to waste time and money...
Sell worthless BTC and buy something else like ETH, make Vitalik some money! Cheesy

If you want some real advice chat with experienced traders, read investopedia and tradingview, start predicting the market with low investments and see how you do. Don't go all in, think twice before you make a move. Don't follow the crowd. Now the crowd has jumped into BCC and I'd stay away from it. Buy some LTC if you're afraid of a BTC downtrend and look for a good moment to get into BTC again. It will find a support level soon.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
onionpepper

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:21:48 PM

I'm also newbe. So, I try to be carefull and stay informed as mush as possible.
Devilwalk

Activity: 95

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:58:07 PM

Bitcoin is the best coin. Selling all Bitcoin to buy alts is just stupi, you'll miss the mega BTC train in 2018 Tongue
earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:10:03 AM

still a newbie here also, and learning about btc. i dont have strategy yet i dont have a full knowlege within this. this is a big help .

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
gregory51gosh

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Analysis is the key.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 05:25:23 PM

Well, strategy is to make a specialization for the bounties, also own investments.

We have build a program for the first group to learn how to participate in signatures campaigns based on our token - giving a chance.

Info here:

Newbies wanted! Newbies wanted! Join and gain experience on bitcointalk with us!! Special signature campaign!

We have opened a special bounty campaign for Newbies - everyone can be a part of our tokenloyalty family.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2393543

Powered by tokenloyalty campaign!

██████████████████████████
█████████████     ████████
███████████       ████████
███████████    ███████████
████████          ████████

████ █████████      ██████
████    █████        █████
█████               ██████
██████             ███████
███████           ████████
████████        ██████████
██████       █████████████

████████████████████   ███
████████████████  ███ ████
████████████    ███   ████
████████      ███    █████
████        ███      █████
██████    ███       ██████
███████████         ██████
██████████   █     ███████
██████████ ███████ ███████

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ TOKENLOYALTY.IO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DAO ecosystem for loyalty programs: YOUTUBE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬LOOK AT THE WHITEPAPER▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████    ██████
███████████████████████████      █████
██████ █████████   █████████    ██████
████████ ██████     ██████████████████
██████████ █████   ██████     ████████
████████████ ███████████       ███████
██████████████ █████████       ███████
█████   ████████ ████████     ████████
████     █████████ ███████████████████
█████   ████████████ █████████████████
██████████████████████ ███████████████
████   ███████    ██████ █████████████
███     █████      ███████ ███████████
████   ██████      █████████ █████████
██████████████    ████████████████████
  *Whitepaper
*How to buy
*Roadmap
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:42:54 PM

still a newbie here also, and learning about btc. i dont have strategy yet i dont have a full knowlege within this. this is a big help .

Do you have money to invest? If not then look for ways to earn some either in the real world or here on the forum.
You will find the section of bitcointalk with services very helpful Smiley There's also a site named airdropalert that lists coins you can get for free.
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:03:59 PM

for now the most secure and profitable way is to mine altcoins and change them to BTC time to time
Aristus

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:59:14 AM

Do you have money to invest? If not then look for ways to earn some either in the real world or here on the forum.
You will find the section of bitcointalk with services very helpful Smiley There's also a site named airdropalert that lists coins you can get for free.

Agree!
My humble opinion is just keep on envisting your time here for reading and learn, specially on the rules, forum about the campaign. Then, along the way you can have your own way of dealing here after learning.Just stay calm and patient, as newbie these are the thing a have that can possibly helps you.
negancoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:12:55 AM

First How much are you willing to invest? .
The reason why I am asking you this, because if you willing to invest a small amount of money, just forget about long term, you need a daily trading which required trading skills. if this not the case, and you are willing to invest big money then buy it and hold it for long term. (I'm talking about bitcoin, not altcoins ).
Comer

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:17:39 AM

Hello guys,
I think the best strategies for newbies are reading, and post only on a relevant topics here, that's what learn here for being a member to this forum for atleast 1 month.
And for bitcoin investing, i think this is not the right time to it cause the price now is so very high.
saint_casanova

Activity: 234

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:30:40 AM

Thank you for so much thought of newbies like me and many other.
gregory51gosh

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Analysis is the key.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 07:09:29 AM

Thank you for so much thought of newbies like me and many other.
[/quote.]

No problem! check out the project topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2360928

█████████████     ████████
███████████       ████████

████ █████████      ██████
████    █████        █████
█████               ██████
██████             ███████
███████           ████████
████████        ██████████
██████       █████████████

████████████████████   ███
████████████████  ███ ████
████████████    ███   ████
████████      ███    █████
████        ███      █████
██████    ███       ██████
███████████         ██████
██████████   █     ███████
██████████ ███████ ███████

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ TOKENLOYALTY.IO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DAO ecosystem for loyalty programs: YOUTUBE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬LOOK AT THE WHITEPAPER▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

████████████████████████████    ██████
███████████████████████████      █████
██████ █████████   █████████    ██████
████████ ██████     ██████████████████
██████████ █████   ██████     ████████
████████████ ███████████       ███████
██████████████ █████████       ███████
█████   ████████ ████████     ████████
████     █████████ ███████████████████
█████   ████████████ █████████████████
██████████████████████ ███████████████
████   ███████    ██████ █████████████
███     █████      ███████ ███████████
████   ██████      █████████ █████████
██████████████    ████████████████████
  *Whitepaper
*How to buy
*Roadmap
mirror001

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:56:55 AM

Hello guys,
Hello, And welcome to the BTC world

There are already many threads Running here, if you can simply go through other threads you will get the Idea how this forum work and How you can earn money from this forum. But still if you dont have time i can do this for you.
You can earn money in Different ways from this Forum

By Joining any Signature campaign here.
How to Join a signature campaign >> Just go to service section and Check the Signature campaign in that Section. You will Different Signature campaigns threads. And You will also see the Different pay scale levels for the Different Level.
On this Forum there are different Activity level which will increase as your account gets older, and As your activity will increases your pay scale also will increases.
So Dont get panic in the beginning  on seeing the pay scale, Just do hard work here to get some nice activity level & Try to gain some Knowledge about this forum.

Other Money earning method is if you dont have skill there is section called Gambling>> Games and rounds On this Section there are free giving away of BTCs Where you are able to earn some free BTCs.

If you Have Skills to offer, you can earn alot from this section >> Service .... On this section you can offer your skills like Graphic designing, Web designing, Promotions, SEO, Signature Designs etc etc

Try to read these Threads too: 
TUTORIAL: How to Earn Bitcoins for Newbies!>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1244332.0
[New] What is a Sig Campaign?>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1352964.0
Best way to earn Bitcoins? >> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1006151.0
How can I earn money in this forum?>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1144701.0

Kiki Rusma

Activity: 40
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:58:27 AM

eventhough we're newbie, we cant run from the risk in crypto currency, we have to be brave and reckless in take decision. but we also have to be aware of the uncertainty price movement.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: