Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:19:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tweaking config file xmr-stak-amd  (Read 2911 times)
Coin_Joiner (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:05:40 AM

Hi,

i'm using xmr-stak-amd to mine electroneum with my gpu. Everything is running smoothly and now i'm looking for ways to tweak my performance. One is of course modding the bios of my gpu card. But i'd also like to look at de config file. Most of it is pretty straightforward, but i'm looking for more information on two variables: intensity and worksize. This is what the config file says:

*  intensity    - Number of parallel GPU threads (nothing to do with CPU threads)
*  worksize    - Number of local GPU threads (nothing to do with CPU threads)

How do I interpret these variables? How do they relate to each other and the hardware specs of my gpu (RX580)? I currently run these on default values (1000 and Cool.

Thanks!
CoinComputer

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 01:07:25 PM

Try some different combinations of those 2 variables keeping 1 static and varying the other.  Check your hash rate by pressing 'h' in the command line noting performance for each variable increment or decrement.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 01:52:46 PM

Hi,

i'm using xmr-stak-amd to mine electroneum with my gpu. Everything is running smoothly and now i'm looking for ways to tweak my performance. One is of course modding the bios of my gpu card. But i'd also like to look at de config file. Most of it is pretty straightforward, but i'm looking for more information on two variables: intensity and worksize. This is what the config file says:

*  intensity    - Number of parallel GPU threads (nothing to do with CPU threads)
*  worksize    - Number of local GPU threads (nothing to do with CPU threads)

How do I interpret these variables? How do they relate to each other and the hardware specs of my gpu (RX580)? I currently run these on default values (1000 and Cool.

Thanks!
Check my Monero guide https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2126975.0
Guys posted there their best configs.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Coin_Joiner (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:23:40 PM

I have modded my gpu bios, adjusted the mem clock and now i'm running just a hair under 800H/s. Sadly I don't see any option in the Gigabyte Aorus software to adjust the voltages to decrease wattage. Currently the gpu is drawing about 100 watts. I also played around with the intensity and worksize setting but all resulted in lower hash rates. All in all these results aren't that bad I think.
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:59:48 PM

Hello, using xmr-stak-amd-notls with Radeon 7950 and it periodically stops to mine and freezes.
My GPU is NOT overclocked.
Is there possibility to fix that?
Coin_Joiner (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:58:24 PM

Hello, using xmr-stak-amd-notls with Radeon 7950 and it periodically stops to mine and freezes.
My GPU is NOT overclocked.
Is there possibility to fix that?

I haven't got any experience with the notls version. Have you tried the tls version? You might want to post your config settings. Maybe some sees something in there that might help. One of the problems I had was the "platform_index" setting. With AMD cards this has to be set to "1".
marty.ninja

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:47:13 AM

I have modded my gpu bios, adjusted the mem clock and now i'm running just a hair under 800H/s. Sadly I don't see any option in the Gigabyte Aorus software to adjust the voltages to decrease wattage. Currently the gpu is drawing about 100 watts. I also played around with the intensity and worksize setting but all resulted in lower hash rates. All in all these results aren't that bad I think.

Did you manage to reduce your wattage? im running Aorus 570s and 580 about 750h/s for the 580 and 775h/s on the 570s. Im still tweaking the 580 as its new. What did you mod the bios to? according to GPU-Z mine run around 70W.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: