Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:47:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lemon - defaulted loan  (Read 18617 times)
solidshotnosh

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:53:33 AM

How does one collect in situations like this if the lendee dies or goes comatose?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:40:01 AM

How does one collect in situations like this if the lendee dies or goes comatose?

In normal circumstances, the estate will settle postmortem outstanding debts.  With btc, you would have to track down the person first and verify his identity and make a case to be paid out in USD (or whatever the currency is in his home country).  IF he's just comatose, most jurisdictions have laws that allow for the delay of payment.
solidshotnosh

Activity: 307

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:56:37 AM

In normal circumstances, the estate will settle postmortem outstanding debts.  With btc, you would have to track down the person first and verify his identity and make a case to be paid out in USD (or whatever the currency is in his home country).  IF he's just comatose, most jurisdictions have laws that allow for the delay of payment.

As a semi-related question, if you were to loan people money as a payday advance or as a title loan, is there any insurance to as them paying you back? That is, are they legally required to?

My fiance and I are torn between putting 100k down on a laundry mat, or maybe starting a payday advance brick and mortar.
iwilcox

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:11:32 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 03:38:07 PM by iwilcox

Some forlorn posts over on the nuPlay forum seem to be asking for hardware, software or updates on when either will appear, so it appears I'm not alone, but it's impossible to verify or falsify Lemon's claims that there are customers that have received units.

The link to the nuPlay forum was working when I made that post (although I can't prove that, so it'd be handy if anyone who followed my link would confirm it), but has since gone offline.  I don't imagine for a moment that Lemon is attempting to hide the past from his hospital bed; I'd speculate that another member of the "nuPlay team" took it down as part of routine maintenance, and that the timing of its disappearance just after I posted potentially embarrassing links to it here is pure coincidence[1][2].  Doncha just hate link rot?  Google to the rescue; cached copies of the four most recent threads can (for now, at least) be found at:

[1] Please note that my speculative explanation, while plausible, is neither verifiable nor falsifiable on its own.
[2] I won't answer any difficult questions about my theories on this public forum; for more information please e-mail me@difficultquestio.ns, but note that there's a very good chance I may disappoint you later by explaining that I never got your e-mail (and I may take weeks to reply if I ever do confirm getting it) because I have amazingly bad luck when it comes to technical problems with my e-mail.

EDIT 2013-07-12 to add: as posted separately, a couple of the cache links above broke, and the forum is still down as of this writing; alternative sources are:

San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:44:33 AM

I wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions, but I'd like to contribute to the topic:

I have invested in Crypto.pm (https://crypto.pm/invest), and since I have invested, communication with Lemon has been very hard / near to impossible. This has been going on for a while and I haven't received on official (signed) confirmation of my ownership of the cryptoshares I paid for.

I'm writing this down as a warning to others as this can look like a scam to some.

Anyway don't get me wrong:
I believe he'll come through and I hope he gets well soon.

PS: If other Crypto.pm investors read this, it would be nice to get in touch!

Are you referring to your GPG agreement or not receiving one at all?

Edit: if you have not received a signed agreement then you are more than welcome to request a refund.

We have already talked about this multiple times on IRC and I haven't received a reply on my last mail.
I have received the written agreement and replied I was happy with the terms and then I have never received the GPG signed agreement.

Due to my impatient nature, I have decided to go for the refund:

I have sent a mail to both hello@citrus.pw and ryan@citrus.pw requesting a refund.
I will reply to this topic as soon as I have received the refund (I imagine this would do a lot for your credibility at this point).

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
San1ty

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:48:08 PM

I wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions, but I'd like to contribute to the topic:

I have invested in Crypto.pm (https://crypto.pm/invest), and since I have invested, communication with Lemon has been very hard / near to impossible. This has been going on for a while and I haven't received on official (signed) confirmation of my ownership of the cryptoshares I paid for.

I'm writing this down as a warning to others as this can look like a scam to some.

Edit: if you have not received a signed agreement then you are more than welcome to request a refund.

We have already talked about this multiple times on IRC and I haven't received a reply on my last mail.
I have received the written agreement and replied I was happy with the terms and then I have never received the GPG signed agreement.

I have sent a mail to both hello@citrus.pw and ryan@citrus.pw requesting a refund.
I will reply to this topic as soon as I have received the refund (I imagine this would do a lot for your credibility at this point).

As an update, I got a reply from Lemon quickly after:

"As we have a record of an outgoing signed agreement, I will have to decide what our policy is in this situation."

I have double-checked all my mail and have never received that agreement.

I have replied to him once more (Thursday 20th June) insisting I would really like the refund regardless. Let's see what happens.

astrolabe

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:34:39 PM

Someone suggested that Lemon was the subject of these links.  Lemon if you're reading this, are they you?

https://twitter.com/Lemon_SX

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Senshimedia

http://pastebin.com/JuHV0mEn
Lemon

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 10:33:53 PM

As an update, I got a reply from Lemon quickly after:

"As we have a record of an outgoing signed agreement, I will have to decide what our policy is in this situation."

I have double-checked all my mail and have never received that agreement.

I have replied to him once more (Thursday 20th June) insisting I would really like the refund regardless. Let's see what happens.

Of the three people claiming that they never received an agreement, I can confirm that only one was never sent one. I have yet to decide what we will do in a scenario like this.

Someone suggested that Lemon was the subject of these links.  Lemon if you're reading this, are they you?

https://twitter.com/Lemon_SX

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Senshimedia

http://pastebin.com/JuHV0mEn

I don't see what my personal Twitter feed has to do with anything - other than the fact that there's some creepy stalking going on it seems, and I've publicized the ED link before - if people wish to believe it, then I would also like to sell them some tinfoil hats. The final link is pretty much cut and paste, bar the fact it is somebody bitching about a freely available service that I don't charge for.

As for the person who appears to have leaked my personal cell number, given only four people in the Bitcoin community have it - you'll be happy to know I've passed all of your details along to the authorities to investigate who is calling and sending texts roughly 5 - 8 times a minute (automated service, seems to be via Twilio - whom I have also contacted). I am currently recovering from a verifiable heart attack, so I don't really find this crap funny.

For the record, the text consists of messages such as "So how is <Location> hospital?" - people discovering the hospital after deciding to dig in to a posted image is nothing short of fucking creepy.

https://crypto.pm/ -- public cryptocurrency exchange currently in testing.

https://escrow.pm/ -- fee free automated escrow.
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:40:24 PM

Additionally...

Lemon has been in contact with myself and another bitcoin-otc user (aldur1) fairly regularly. Albeit he is clearly having health issue - he did show aldur1 and I

I'd like to point out that means he is not avoiding us, at least.

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
San1ty

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:50:48 PM

I would like to suggest anyone involved to take it easy, those stalking calls are indeed very creepy and unnecessary.

Lemon:
On the subject of Crypto.PM I am 100% sure I have never ever received the agreement, I would really appreciate a refund.

Lemon

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 11:10:52 PM

I would like to suggest anyone involved to take it easy, those stalking calls are indeed very creepy and unnecessary.

Lemon:
On the subject of Crypto.PM I am 100% sure I have never ever received the agreement, I would really appreciate a refund.

I will take you at your word at that and handle it once I am able to.

San1ty

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:28:39 PM

Lemon:

I will take you at your word at that and handle it once I am able to.

Thank you very much!

BigBitz

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:49:10 PM

I've been trying to make contact with Lemon for 3 days. I hope he is OK.

His medical history didn't sound too good Sad

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
BigBitz

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:13:19 PM

Still nothing!

I did notice he has been online over the last 4 days - just no contact.

Lemon

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 12:27:45 PM

Still nothing!

I did notice he has been online over the last 4 days - just no contact.

I've been occasionally browsing the internet via wifi on my tablet, I don't have the energy to do pretty much -anything-.

jim667 (OP)

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 05:42:06 PM

For the record, the text consists of messages such as "So how is <Location> hospital?" - people discovering the hospital after deciding to dig in to a posted image is nothing short of fucking creepy.

I am no part of this nonsense and urge trolls to keep away from hospitals, irrespectively of Lemon being in one or not.
BigBitz

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:08:46 PM

Lemon sent me a message a few days ago to say he was potentially returning home from the hospital. I notice he was active tonight again on the forum.

I've heard pretty much nothing for the last week and I am now beginning to assume the worst.

I am very happy to be proven wrong as I had a lot of faith in Lemon and staunchly defended him throughout.

BigBitz

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:54:42 AM

I guess its time to consider the money gone.

San1ty

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:20:46 PM

I have been gone for a week, I still haven't heard anything from Lemon and haven't received my refund.
Does anyone have more info?

btcfaucet

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:49:01 AM

Quote from: San1ty
I have been gone for a week, I still haven't heard anything from Lemon and haven't received my refund.

Quote from: BigBitz
I guess its time to consider the money gone.

I've been occasionally browsing the internet via wifi on my tablet, I don't have the energy to do pretty much -anything-.

As a user of computers and internet myself, my assessment is that sending bitcoins to someone (who you owe a considerable amount to) does not require more energy than browsing the internet and posting messages on Bitcointalk or Twitter.

I gave Lemon the benefit of doubt even when he was weeks late and promised to deliver by the end of June (2 or 3 weeks ago), but at this point I'll just call it a scam.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: