Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:49:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lemon - defaulted loan  (Read 18615 times)
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 11:20:42 AM

So, Lemon...

Where are we now with ref to return of funds or allocation of Bitcoin?

I think we've given you quite enough time. I don't *really* want to go down the legal avenue but I guess with all things considered it might be the only method of getting some funds back.

I guess if you want to pursue the legal route you'd need to give me your valid address - a PM is fine, of course.

Being a Solictor/Lawyer I think you'll understand that a mail forwarding address isn't really appropriate as I would be sending all correspondence as signed for. Audit trail and all that, eh? Smiley

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kruniac

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 06:44:42 PM

I'm actually interested in this situation. I'm especially curious to see if any legal avenues against Lemon turn out better than the ones against me. XD

BigBitz

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:04:46 PM

I'm actually interested in this situation. I'm especially curious to see if any legal avenues against Lemon turn out better than the ones against me. XD
But I thought you never did anything wrong?  Shocked Roll Eyes

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
iwilcox

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 10:16:58 PM

Poor guy. Has a "heart attack" and people stalk him. That's messed up.

Are you suggesting Lemon basically lifted a scam idea from an episode of Only Fools & Horses?

http://www.ofah.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/chains.jpg

For anyone who missed out on the fun while it lasted (on IRC), here's the summary.

..., ninja/black belt in everything, US army trained, designed and built the UK faster payment system, was the first man on the moon, has met absolutely any important person or celebrity you might care to name, etc, etc...

For 27, quite a list of accomplishments.  For those of you inspired by Lemon's successes in life and wanting to be more like him, remember that you can't change overnight; set yourself some more modest goals, or you'll only disappoint yourself.  May I suggest you would-be Lemons:

• finish something you've solicited money for (alternatively: promise somebody a refund, and then actually pay it --- even to just one person)
  • deliver on an ambitious target or promise (alternatively: fail to deliver, but be honest about why; certainly don't fabricate car accidents, car trouble, family problems, illness, muggings, unexpected visits from in-laws, inexplicable-yet-repeated communications outages or any other dog-ate-my-homework-type patheticness)
  • repay someone, anyone, some money you borrowed from them (alternatively: be honest and communicative and say you're not going to be able to, and/or repay what you can)
  • be modest about your achievements (alternatively: make barely credible claims matching your amazing achievements, but back them up with something falsifiable/verifiable)
  • watch Shattered Glass to see what happens to, and how the rest of the world sees, the types of people who fail to achieve any of these things
  • be honest enough with yourself to accept that you may have a problem and seek help for it
Kruniac

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:00:00 AM

But I thought you never did anything wrong?  Shocked Roll Eyes

Of course not! I'm as legit as they come.

San1ty

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:12:39 AM

Lemon, Are you still reading this? Any plans on refunding?

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
BigBitz

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:05:09 AM

He's been online.
I'd say he's been reading.

He's now making his escape and ignoring the posts though.

how should we proceed?

San1ty

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:10:49 PM

He's been online.

how should we proceed?

If he truly scammed us there's not much we can do I guess.
Legal action wouldn't help out and would bring a lot of frustration.

The BTC is gone, I think we have to deal with it.

BigBitz

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:10:48 PM

He's been online.

how should we proceed?

The difference for me I sent him money to a bank account - no doubt not associated with his name though. I think I'll start proceedings.

Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:20:01 PM

He's been online.

how should we proceed?

This isn't shrugged shoulders, this is scorched earth.
Lemon

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 08:46:37 PM

Then suck it up, have someone drive you to your house, and spend the 2 minutes it takes to send out people's btc? You seem to be finding every reason not to. If you know you may end up in the hospital again in 2 days, why not make things right today?

Would you mind giving your private key and bank account login details to a number of people? Suck it up.

He's been online.

how should we proceed?

Have I been? That's news to me. What I've been doing is sleeping and recovering, and now I'm home - speaking with the police over the actions of some of the users of this forum (I can only assume that you are one of them).

Having gone through my complete history, I see no record of any bank details passed to me - despite requests for it. I do not see any recent emails from anybody, or anything of much interest at all. What I do see, are some users going to members of the public via various channels - and attempting to defame me directly. It's rather hilarious.

I would like to clarify that the only two people that are owed any form of anything via me personally, are BigBitz and Jim. Anybody claiming otherwise is full of shit. I have three people claiming that they did not receive an agreement from Cryptography LTD (whom your agreement was with, not me - keep that in mind), yet I have evidence to the contrary. A single (valid from start) refund request has come in, which I have seen today as I check through my backlog.

As BigBitz has apparently started proceedings, I will hold off on any action relating to him until I see court paperwork arrive. iwilcox and btcfaucet can act as menacing as they like on the forums, it is nothing short of fucking hilarious. They wouldn't say boo to a fly in real life, yet they see fit to attempt the act of defamation on the internet. Oh, my sides hurt from the laughter.

I do find it funny that people are claiming things in relation to the NHS. For one thing, the NHS would cover all fees - secondly, my Bupa is well up to date.

If people wish to contact me in relation to anything, they can do it via email - I will not be responding to this thread again (or so much as checking on it). I've counted 5 people claiming they're owed things who I've never done business with, which is pitiful. Let's make it a good dozen at least.

https://crypto.pm/ -- public cryptocurrency exchange currently in testing.

https://escrow.pm/ -- fee free automated escrow.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 08:49:47 PM

Guys, you have kinda been assholes to Lemon. This thing called medical issues does exist, and while it's a common scam excuse, the fact he actually *kept* in some form of contact was a sign.

He also stated the reason why he wasn't posting...you guys really can be ignorant Undecided

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Lemon

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 09:01:03 PM

One last post, since clicking edit would be far too much effort. A special thank you to those fuckwits who kept continually trying to harass me during my recovery - I would like to give a big thanks to you for having such a detrimental effect on my recovery.

https://crypto.pm/ -- public cryptocurrency exchange currently in testing.

https://escrow.pm/ -- fee free automated escrow.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 09:01:31 PM

Guys, you have kinda been assholes to Lemon. This thing called medical issues does exist, and while it's a common scam excuse, the fact he actually *kept* in some form of contact was a sign.

It's not a sign (of innocence) at all. I can't recall anyone in bitcoindom who has taken people's funds, defaulted, and not stayed around to taunt their victims (and play the victim, despite suffering no physical harm and pretending to have skin as thin as a single layer of carbon nanotubes) for some period of time. supadupajenkins, aethero, kruniac, pirateat40, ad nauseam et infinitum. It's utterly predictable.

Asshole pattern matching gets asshole visceral responses.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
San1ty

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 09:04:34 PM

I would like to clarify that the only two people that are owed any form of anything via me personally, are BigBitz and Jim. Anybody claiming otherwise is full of shit. I have three people claiming that they did not receive an agreement from Cryptography LTD (whom your agreement was with, not me - keep that in mind), yet I have evidence to the contrary. A single (valid from start) refund request has come in, which I have seen today as I check through my backlog.

Lemon Is that one valid refund request from me? I sure hope so? Also if I were able to get into contact with someone else besides you from Crypto.PM for my refund, I would do so. Please direct me to someone else I can contact to get my refund processed.

BigBitz

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 09:14:33 PM

Lemon to avoid me wasting my time & little money I'd just like my BTC. If this is a problem then I will provide you with bank details to refund my GBP.

Court, lawyers, etc etc I couldn't care less for.

I've done pretty much nothing but offer you defense throughout this process - it's clearly being misaligned.

AndyRossy

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:14:34 AM

Lemon to avoid me wasting my time & little money I'd just like my BTC. If this is a problem then I will provide you with bank details to refund my GBP.

Court, lawyers, etc etc I couldn't care less for.

I've done pretty much nothing but offer you defense throughout this process - it's clearly being misaligned.

You were a douche in my thread on currency exchange a couple weeks ago.  Doesnt shock me you've acted like a douche here to Lemon.  Sad

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 05:25:00 AM

That's total bullshit, lmao.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
BigBitz

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:40:57 AM

That's total bullshit, lmao.
In what sense?

I was, along with a few others, a staunch defender of him in the beginning.

I'm clearly no longer of this opinion.

btcfaucet

Activity: 166

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:36:13 PM

iwilcox and btcfaucet can act as menacing as they like on the forums

I was one of the few people trying to calm everyone down, telling them that you asked until the end of the month (which was weeks from then) to pay back money. I don't find it plausible that for over a month there's no way to make a bank transfer to someone you owe. Surely you had to pay for stuff since then. My accusation that you're a scammer is based on simple logic and a subjective opinion of those things you said in public which I quoted. I don't have any money riding on this, but I can certainly add my opinion if I want to.

They wouldn't say boo to a fly in real life

You're right about that, I'm a completely peaceful guy. Relevance?

yet they see fit to attempt the act of defamation on the internet

Defamation? I think the bad salmon is still affecting your judgement.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: