Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:32:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forks: Is it better for bitcoin to loose value and split into unlimited supply?  (Read 247 times)
Paranuatu (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:33:41 PM

If bitcoin wants to be a real digital currency, with low fees, affordability, possibility to enter, shoudl we not welcome all the forks?

I missed the BTC train Sad donate bitcents: BTC:1CWpbYGZVmC14zqLgNmnU8R8CbM9dbx4CY ETH:0x546A87681f70929634236Ad243AE4722A5CbDcC6
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:37:46 PM

What all this useless fork is doing?
- To lower down fee and time? If yes than segwit -> Implementation of lightening network is on its way in original chain why we need different chain.

Why we need bitcoin gold like pre-mined coin where developers are still mining on back stage before releasing any code in public. All this forks are just making more altcoin in the market which people can sell/buy for profit.
OneSortieMan

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:42:21 PM

well with an unlimited supply then of what worth would the bitcoin have and what use would it be?

It would be like the tulip craze all over again, not to mention all those that were already holding on to bitcoin would be furious as such devaluation, along with the people who mine the coin and need those fees and the high price of bitcoin to sustain themselves.

Bitcoin is meant to have a limited supply and will be mined out one day, adding to that supply would destroy its value
uobaaagrf

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:49:34 PM

I would like to correct it, I welcome the update, but I don't want to see an additional altcoin after every update.This is not a good thing for bitcoin, because it will overuse bitcoin's credibility.

fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:02:03 PM

What all this useless fork is doing?
- To lower down fee and time? If yes than segwit -> Implementation of lightening network is on its way in original chain why we need different chain.

Why we need bitcoin gold like pre-mined coin where developers are still mining on back stage before releasing any code in public. All this forks are just making more altcoin in the market which people can sell/buy for profit.

I completely agree,
Forks are genuinely very close to splitting bitcoins and converting them into alternate cryptocurrencies and.. thats not something that we should be supporting.
There are already so many cryptocurrencies in the market, if others..are added in that it.. Would directly decrease the profit that one is earning and also..that would ultimately lead to.. People choosing other option over bitcoins or over cryptocurrency as a whole.
They will invest in..other things.. and..soon the cryptocurrency will cease to exist and thats not a really nice scenario.
Unlimited suppy is never great, if the supply is limited for the future run .. one will be able to make more money by investing.. creating other cryptocurrencies will not only hamper the current economic state of bitcoins but it will give a fatal blow to bitcoins.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
EugeneAS

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:06:34 PM

Forking is actually is a way for BTC to become a speedy real currency.

Forking happens because of upgrades need to be done via consensus, not centralised.

Also, BTC forks can, for example, be used for different options.
Some currency will be very secure, but slow.
Some will be very fast but for low amounts (like lightning network, etc)
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 03:10:51 PM

Yup, we need to do something to stop the forking thing.  I am afraid someday people might loss interest with bitcoin or totally leave the crypto currency. Nowadays scammers is using fork to develop bitcoin variants,  and premining their coins at their advantage.

If bitcoin wants to be a real digital currency, with low fees, affordability, possibility to enter, shoudl we not welcome all the forks?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:12:17 PM

No. Because if enough of them succeeded then the entire scene would become worthless. Bitcoin only has value because it has earned the trust of enough people. People aren't stupid enough to spread the value between countless forks because it would rapidly turn everything worthless.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:16:24 PM

all these useless forks do none of these things!
look at bitcoin cash for example. it did nothing. they forked it to create a miners' playground not a real currency. and as you can see 90% of all the blocks that BCH mined are empty. they are not even 1 MB! let alone near 8.
yeah the fee is lower on an altcoin that nobody uses. check out pandacoin if you want a cheap fee in an altcoin that nobody uses Wink

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
ranggawulung

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:21:59 PM

Not every fork carries a serious change in the cost and value of bitcoin. BCC and BTG are common altcoyins. But B2X is the first and probably the only serious division of the chain of bitcoins. As a result, there will be only one bitcoin with the greatest support of the miners. Cool
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:24:07 PM

Unlimited supply is one of the few things that should make me cry "bitcoin is dead".

If you can't afford a whole bitcoin, just buy satoshis.

A forked coin IS NOT bitcoin.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:57:13 PM

No matter how many forks, Bitcoin supply still going to be 21M coins only. Bitcoin just become speculative investment as the transaction fees are high for other uses. No wonder people look for alternatives Bitcoin cannot offer, thas why Bitcoin Cash can take part of the Bitcoin market where low transaction fees are necessary.
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:18:15 PM

Interesting question, I think the hard forks have led to supporters of those forks to migrate, but they too keep certain proportion of their Bitcoins and hold them just in case of uncertainties. This is because Bitcoin has a very high market value, market cap, price growth rate and good PoW hashrate stability.

Also, by hard forking Bitcoins into several forks, we're not creating unlimited supply for Bitcoin since whatever has been mined is already in circulation and the forked coin by itself becomes an alternate cryptocurrency. It's just that people who owned bitcoin also have equal number of those altcoins. This doesn't really improve fees or transaction speeds. Only if the greater percentage of the community agrees to hardfork and support the new fork, only then the new fork becomes Bitcoin.

Now for the transaction and fee debate, I believe Segwit along with off-chain lightning network (payment channels) will help support large scale transactions per second and at very low fee.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:46:17 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2017, 01:49:57 AM by fanbeila

As you have said,if bitcoin wants to be real,then hard forks should not be encouraged.It would devalue the bitcoin brand itself.I don't encourage high fees,but since bitcoin price is increasing highly,it would not be an issue to have a moderate fee.Forks are done by some groups only for their benefits.Even segwt 2X activation was targeted to devalue the bitcoin brand itself.So,such hard forks are not good for bitcoin progress.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:48:14 AM

*Being REAL doesn't mean it will go along with low fees, but possibilities are acceptable.
*Being too in demand causes high prices and it will cost more.
*Forks are just making crypto world too saturated which may cause more traffic and higher fees for different transactions.
*unlimited bitcoins is not possible unless satoshi breaks his own code and create more than the last bitcoin to be mined. It causes the volality. With unlimited bitcoin, it won't reach this high.
*we are more prone to scams. Splits does not mean it is all trusted.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: