Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:47:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Returning from Full Member to Junior Member...  (Read 1467 times)
ct1aic (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 08:39:38 PM

Greetings.

One hour ago, my profile indicated correctly that I was a Full Member, with 179 Posts:

ct1aic

Now, it's indicating that I'm a Junior Member again, with only an activity of 56 (not morethe word 'posts'):

ct1aic

Activity: 56

I logged off, logged on again, and the counting still maintains the activity of 56.

What did I do wrong?

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:42:41 PM

I believe member status is now weighted by your activity.  We're currently trying to figure out how this is formulated in the appropriate thread Tongue

Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:42:55 PM

Post count was changed to activity. Not sure why your title changed, but i'd imagine it was a bug.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:45:03 PM

There's been a discussion of late regarding post counts, spam, and newbies flooding the forums.

The idea is to weigh the number of posts against how long the user has been on the forums.

worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:48:49 PM

Same for me here as a Hero to a Senior member.  No choice but to take it in stride.
ct1aic (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 08:49:33 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 09:04:38 PM by ct1aic

There's been a discussion of late regarding post counts, spam, and newbies flooding the forums.

The idea is to weigh the number of posts against how long the user has been on the forums.

That's a logic decision. I only have 48 days of this forum but, as I'm on holidays, I'm very active in several threads. It's why I already was a Full Member... not anymore...  Cry

Now we have to see what the new rules are...  Shocked

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:51:52 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237597.msg2513360#msg2513360

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:54:31 PM

That's a logic decision. I only have 18 days of this forum but, as I'm on holidays, I'm very active in several threads. It's why I already was a Full Member... not anymore...  Cry

This thread is sort of a testament on why a change needed to happen. Focus on the content and character of a poster, not how many gold coins are under their name, how many posts they have, or what member title they have.

ct1aic (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 09:11:18 PM

That's a logic decision. I only have 18 days of this forum but, as I'm on holidays, I'm very active in several threads. It's why I already was a Full Member... not anymore...  Cry

This thread is sort of a testament on why a change needed to happen. Focus on the content and character of a poster, not how many gold coins are under their name, how many posts they have, or what member title they have.

Ok, I don't even deserve to be a Junior Member, as I don't know how to add numbers... eheheh... From First May till today are 48 days and not 18...  Shocked

But regarding titles and gold coins... That would not be a problem if I had many BTC (10 or even 50) as I could buy whatever title and gold coins I would like... with the donation system of this Forum.

And now I understand less this new system, as I don't have the Junior name before Member anymore...

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:12:26 PM

Ok, I don't even deserve to be a Junior Member, as I don't know how to add numbers... eheheh... From First May till today are 48 days and not 18...  Shocked

But regarding titles and gold coins... That would not be a problem if I had many BTC (10 or even 50) as I could buy whatever title and gold coins I would like... with the donation system of this Forum.
But you would still have a low activity

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
ct1aic (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 09:17:07 PM

Ok, I don't even deserve to be a Junior Member, as I don't know how to add numbers... eheheh... From First May till today are 48 days and not 18...  Shocked

Yes, but see your own case, jackjack... With 2 full years of registration in the Forum and with more than 2,3K posts, it's ilogic to be only a Senior Member with a activity of only 280...

ct1aic (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 09:46:00 PM

The new rules (better than the old ones) are now in production, but the rules page still have the ones...  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=86580.msg952040#msg952040
Rank
Description
Tag
Brand New:   Zero posts, gets 1 gold coin under his name.   
Newbie:   Has less than 4 hours of logged in time, and gets 1 gold coin under his name.   
Jr. Member:   Between 5 and 100 posts, and gets 2 gold coins under his name.   
Full member:   Between 100 and 250 posts, and gets 3 gold coins under his name.   
Sr. Member:   Between 250 and 500 posts, and gets 4 gold coins under his name.   
Hero Member:   More than 500 posts, gets 5 gold coins under his name.

Sub-Rank
Description
Tag
SCAMMER:   Manually applied by administration, regardless of post count and gets 5 red Xs under his name.   
Donator:   Manually applied by administration after 10 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under his name
of which the last is half green. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count when user is a Donator.   
VIP:   Manually applied by administration after 50 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under his name
of which the last is half purple. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count when user is a VIP.

Staff Rank
Description
Tag
Staff:   Shown when moderators (see next point) post outside of the sections that they moderate.
Always shows 5 gold coins.   
Moderator:   Shown when moderators of specific sections post within those sections.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown as half faded-out green.   
Global Moderator:   Applied to Staff that have moderation privileges in all boards.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is half teal colored.   
Administrator:   Has all available permissions and can appoint moderators and perform other administrative tasks.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown half red regardless of post count.   
Founder:   Reserved for Satoshi, gets 5 platinum coins under his name.   

To become a Donator or a VIP, send a PM to theymos to get a unique donation address.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:47:12 PM

I wish I was first to respond to this thread because I was going to say "We caught you scamming and demoted you", but now I see that joke would no longer be funny.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:47:23 PM

That's a logic decision. I only have 18 days of this forum but, as I'm on holidays, I'm very active in several threads. It's why I already was a Full Member... not anymore...  Cry

Now we have to see what the new rules are...  Shocked

Ok, I don't even deserve to be a Junior Member, as I don't know how to add numbers... eheheh... From First May till today are 48 days and not 18...  Shocked

Yes, but see your own case, jackjack... With 2 full years of registration in the Forum and with more than 2,3K posts, it's ilogic to be only a Senior Member with a activity of only 280...

I agree but I'd rather have a not-so-high activity than having to bear with all the hero-spam that came lately

ct1aic (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 09:51:09 PM

I wish I was first to respond to this thread because I was going to say "We caught you scamming and demoted you", but now I see that joke would no longer be funny.

Hi Matthew. It's always funny! But probably you wouldn't like at all that some rule demoted you from Hero Member and took some gold coins...  Grin

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:58:16 PM

Hi Matthew. It's always funny! But probably you wouldn't like at all that some rule demoted you from Hero Member and took some gold coins...  Grin

I'd gladly trade for some gray coins.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:19:56 PM

Activity probably is weighing time online with post count.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:21:12 PM

Lets read more post more constructive posts, work hard and get our former membership status back.    I am sure we can do it.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:23:27 PM

Lets read more post more constructive posts, work hard and get our former membership status back.    I am sure we can do it.
Actually the only way to increase activity is to post at least 1 post every 2 weeks and wait

ct1aic (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 10:30:38 PM

Sorry, i'm on strike. I want my third gold coin back.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: