Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:00:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [RDN] Raiden Network: Welcome to the Ethereum Lightning Network 🔥  (Read 11415 times)
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:51:08 AM

I'm curious as to which one of these projects has the most potential... Raiden, 0x or Kyber?

Silverzeta

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:33:48 AM

RAIDen by far
gmotta0386

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:26:19 AM

RAIDen by far

What makes you think Raiden will be the most succesfull? just trying to understand your reasoning.
sltshp

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I&#965

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:28:52 AM

Anyone know what was price during iCO?

But anyways this project has lots of potential and will only grow even more.

CryptoVester

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 10:53:38 AM

Why is this coin price going down and not up?  Seems I shouldn't of bought over $2

Minexcoin — A new era of payments. ||Trade. Park. Earn.|| The low volatility cryptocurrency.
Buy Coins || Earn Free Coins
DISCUSSION || Website || MinexBank
cryptoonthewall

Activity: 92

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 11:48:46 AM

RAIDen by far

What makes you think Raiden will be the most succesfull? just trying to understand your reasoning.

Raiden is about scalability of Ethereum. Also in my opinion this is one of the bottlenecks concerning mass adoption.
The other two projects are about other purposes, not saying that they are bad. There are also some more reasons why RDN is very interesting like no marketing,
ico debate, ... they were shown up on very good steem articles already.

Anyone know what was price during iCO?

But anyways this project has lots of potential and will only grow even more.

0,66$

Why is this coin price going down and not up?  Seems I shouldn't of bought over $2

RDN went constantly up the last days. Just today Bitcoin had a new ath so it is just normal that alts take a little correction.
vfalla

Activity: 95

BELUGA PAY. Complete Mobile Point of Sale System

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:48:57 PM

I read that Mainet will launch later this month, any information about this roumor is it true? I bought some but the price fell down little bit, so to now what to expect

Rat Claw

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:24:33 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 02:41:53 PM by Rat Claw

I'm curious as to which one of these projects has the most potential... Raiden, 0x or Kyber?

They all serve different purposes.  

Specifically to Raiden, Raiden will help Ether scale by allowing transfers that are verified on the blockchain initially, and then routed offchain until it reaches its final destination, onchain, to complete the transaction.  Since the transaction is only verified onchain, you can be assured that nothing has been modified or changed in the smart contract.  As Raiden scales, transaction speed increases and the cost to use the Raiden network falls.

Raiden has a competitive advantage as the lowest cost provider and having the lowest latency, effectively giving it a blue ocean strategy, if it manages to deliver.

Considering that Raiden is about to release uRaiden, which is a one-to-many payment protocol process on Nov 28th, which can be verified at Raiden's github, it gives a lot of confidence that Raiden will deliver on its promises.  It is currently in the process of an audit, which started on Nov 14th.

Additionally, RAIDEX is an exchange that the brainbot developer team (the Raiden team) is working on which will likely be a direct competitor to 0x.

Rat Claw

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:37:24 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 02:49:54 PM by Rat Claw

I read that Mainet will launch later this month, any information about this roumor is it true? I bought some but the price fell down little bit, so to now what to expect

µRaiden is being launched later this month.  Many DAPPS have mentioned how they plan on utilizing µRaiden in their whitepapers because it will increase both efficiency and responsiveness of payments.

The Raiden Network is still being developed, but will allow many-to-many payments and will give the raiden token utility as it will be utilized for payments.

Additionally, the Raiden team is working on Raidos, which is Raiden 2.0.  Raiden 2.0 is the Raiden teams answer for generalized state channels, which will allow transactions between any smart contract.

Furthermore, as stated above, Raiden is also working on RaidEX, which is a decentralized exchange that the Raiden team is working.  While there are not many details at this time, regarding this project, it may give the Raiden token additional utility.

This is a great project.  Given that Raiden is exactly what the ethereum ecosystem needs, I feel as if early investors in this project will be very satisfied with their investment.  For those of you who missed out on the ICO, don't feel down, because there were many restrictions that limited the amount of Raiden that could be purchased during the ICO.  A lot of people will instead purchase on the secondary market.  Personally, anything under a $100M market cap is an absolute steal in my opinion.

There is plenty of FUD out there regarding Raiden, as people are asking redundant questions like why is it necessary if Plasma is being developed?  Well first of all, Plasma is being developed, and secondly, anybody that has taken a look at Plasma's whitepaper (https://plasma.io/plasma.pdf), could simply reference page 13 and see a chart showing "lightening" built on top of Plasma.

People that are familiar with Raiden will realize that Raiden is essentially the same thing as lightening, meaning that Raiden and Plasma will compliment one another.

There is massive upside.  Please do your own research.
Mefestofel_Mefis

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:39:50 PM

Someone can help me? I read white paper and could not understand why this token is necessary and what it differs from any other ERC-20 of a token in? 

The Raiden protocol, does not use own token in the operation?
Rat Claw

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:45:26 PM

Someone can help me? I read white paper and could not understand why this token is necessary and what it differs from any other ERC-20 of a token in? 

The Raiden protocol, does not use own token in the operation?

How did you read a whitepaper that doesn't exist?

Are you from the future?

From https://raiden.network/faq.html

Transaction fees

Using blockchains is expensive. Once a blockchain hits its limit, paying high enough fees to be included in a block becomes a competitive endeavor, as is the case with Bitcoin today. Ethereum will be no different, eventually leading to even higher confirmation times and transaction fees on the order of a few dollars per transaction. For the vision of a global, decentralized, and dependable computer this is highly detrimental.

Raiden Network transfer fees will be several orders of magnitude lower than on-chain transaction fees. Instead of paying for global consensus, you only pay for forwarding peer-to-peer consensus. Low fees allow for a long tail of new use cases which have not been practical before due to high transaction costs. Especially IoT and the Machine-to-Machine economy depend on being able to transfer tiny values. Raiden aims to be the predominant payment layer for these applications.

And...

Are there fees in the Raiden Network?

Yes, there are two kinds of fees in the Raiden Network:

Protocol level fees
Peripheral fees

Protocol level fees are necessary to keep the payment channel network balanced. Nodes will use fees to prevent their channels from being depleted over time. These fees will be comparatively small and be denominated in the token that is transferred in the channel.

Peripheral fees will be payable to services in the network that, for example, assist with finding a path with sufficient capacity or services that provide channel monitoring services for offline users. Users running these services themselves will not need to pay these fees but can earn them instead. It is assumed that >95% of all nodes on the network will be light-clients happy to pay tiny fees for the convenience of not having to run the full stack of services.
ghuang168

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:46:23 PM

i sold all my rnd in 1.5$ ......
beni1107

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:17:49 PM

Is this the-doctor  scamming dev from Signatum(Doctor) ?
https://signatum.org/

Where is team ?
beni1107

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:21:01 PM

No team, no whitepaper wtf

Where is team ?
(-_-)$$$$@ll_day

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:36:20 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 05:59:41 PM by (-_-)$$$$@ll_day

Honestly, I think everyone is explaining wrong here.  Just plain and simple for all the dumb idiots who just throw money here and there, here is the definition of Raiden Network tokens:

Raiden Network tokens allow for micro transactions and up to 1,000,000 transactions per second.

What does this mean for dumb idiot investors whom don't understand?

Well it means that retailers like Macy's, Grocery Store Chains, Dave and Busters, Starbucks, can easily and quickly accept Ethereum without worrying about getting transactions so late and spending $10 for a $5 purchase.

Also, 1,000,000 transactions per second means that it is now 100% possible for companies like Monaco/TENX/CENTRA_Tech to have their crypto Credit/Debit cards because they can use the Raiden Network for speed of transactions and it won't bog down the Ethereum Network.

Right now BitCoin does about 3-5 transactions per second, LiteCoin does about 15- 20 transaction per second and Ethereum does about 12-17 transaction per second!!!!

Hope this helps a bunch of idiots who know nothing and trying to compare this DEXs, the only thing that compares is Lighting Network!!!!

Thus why they both essentially have the same name Raiden Network = Lighting Network, get it!!!! got it!!!! good!!!

the-doctor (OP)

Activity: 542
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:52:14 PM

Where is team ?

You know Signatum and do not know Raiden...

Man you should seriously check your IQ. I am not a dev and if you didnt heard of Raiden than you shouldnt loose your time in cryto you are really loosing your time.

I am impressed of the stupidness I have met on bitcointalk...

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
bircoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:56:41 PM

Raiden is a very good project. Vitalik ICO has made a good investment despite not wanting it.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
INVESTA████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
FreshB

Activity: 308

The Movement DAO

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 07:27:58 PM

I have been indecisive concerning joining the raiden network. But when you refer to it as being cheap to use, do u mean transaction fees? and what if it token appreciates in value?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
the-doctor (OP)

Activity: 542
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:34:37 PM

You can compare Kyber 0x and AirSwap but Raiden is different project

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
(-_-)$$$$@ll_day

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:45:49 PM

I have been indecisive concerning joining the raiden network. But when you refer to it as being cheap to use, do u mean transaction fees? and what if it token appreciates in value?

You are thinking wrong, you are thinking that if the price goes up, then the fee price must go up but that is incorrect, Raiden Network focuses on speed and micro-transactions, so price might go up but the fee will always stay the same.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: