Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:26:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ASIC Sample Chips - Who wants them?  (Read 2920 times)
flowdab (OP)

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:15:51 PM

So I have an order placed with BFL that will get me two sample chips in the next couple of weeks confirmed by BFL. I am not sure which developers are looking to work on the PCB design for BFL but I'm willing to ship these to trusted developers who are going to be working on the design as soon as I get them. I'm not sure if a designer would need both chips, but if not I'd like at least one developer in the US to get one.

I'm not sure who is actually serious about developing this, so I'm leaving this to the consensus of regular board members as to who they should go to.

Cheers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lucko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:36:13 AM

So I have an order placed with BFL that will get me two sample chips in the next couple of weeks confirmed by BFL. I am not sure which developers are looking to work on the PCB design for BFL but I'm willing to ship these to trusted developers who are going to be working on the design as soon as I get them. I'm not sure if a designer would need both chips, but if not I'd like at least one developer in the US to get one.

I'm not sure who is actually serious about developing this, so I'm leaving this to the consensus of regular board members as to who they should go to.

Cheers!
Hi there.

I'm finalizing the deals with 2 company that one will deign and ather produce boards. Now more then chips I'm interested in 2 things. How many did you had to buy to get samples. Second what is there coupon policy? How much you need to pay with coupon for first 50%.

I did ask BFL but not jet receive the answer.

But if you would send chips to me days of work can help so PM me if interested. But not sure if you would call me trusted developer and I'm EU based. Anyway I will probably get them anyway...

Thanks
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:46:43 AM

Cheers!

ship them to burnin please.
he's a central EU dev of an avalon board.
he also expressed interest in doing a BFL board.
sample chips could further these ambitions.

I will pay for shipping.
Lucko

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:10:24 AM

I will pay for shipping.
I think that this one gets my +1
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 01:00:56 PM

I will pay for shipping.
I think that this one gets my +1

+1 for Burnin
steamon

Activity: 404
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:47:25 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 09:40:14 PM by steamon

I am from the Netherlands and maybe want to start building them but me partner said do BFL give sample chips seems they do. If I need 1 or 2 I can't really answer. We are gonna call BFL in a few hours. Since we also got a few questions about pcb in general. If I got all the parts I needed then I can contact a company to make a prototype if that one works then I want to start ordering chips.

EDIT: Nah I have looked off the plan I might just join a other mass buy or help someone with it.
GigaWave

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:33:43 PM

sub'ing
flowdab (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:51:10 PM

Cheers!
Hi there.

I'm finalizing the deals with 2 company that one will deign and ather produce boards. Now more then chips I'm interested in 2 things. How many did you had to buy to get samples. Second what is there coupon policy? How much you need to pay with coupon for first 50%.

I did ask BFL but not jet receive the answer.

But if you would send chips to me days of work can help so PM me if interested. But not sure if you would call me trusted developer and I'm EU based. Anyway I will probably get them anyway...

Thanks

I bought a bit over a hundred chips and they are sending me two samples. I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by their "coupon policy". If you're referring to their trade current orders for chips or their free chips give away then I'm afraid I can't help you as either of those situations were not applicable to me. Sorry.
flowdab (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:52:45 PM

Cheers!

I will pay for shipping.

I appreciate that. I'm afraid I haven't been up to date on burnin's boards. Would he make his designs public to the forum? I am hoping that the samples will be used for open-source boards.
Min€r

Activity: 359

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:31:33 PM

Burnin & Bitmine.ch

They made everything really good till now :-)

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:34:51 PM

Intron is also are interesed into dev. He curently work with bitfurry asic testing. I have read that he has some agreemant with another GB.
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:45:11 PM

Cheers!

I will pay for shipping.

I appreciate that. I'm afraid I haven't been up to date on burnin's boards. Would he make his designs public to the forum? I am hoping that the samples will be used for open-source boards.

from his thread:

This is an open-source project, the sources will be released when the product ships.
bitcoinvest
Legendary

Activity: 1124

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:57:27 PM

Selling 32 chip credis (real value when purchasing from bfl is 25$)

accepting offers!
marto74

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 06:27:44 PM

Who you contacted about sample chips
We made 2 group orders for BFL chips and We are going to start BFL based miner board development as soon we finish with our Avalon based project

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:43:25 AM

Cheers!

the developers on this thread would be interested: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236103.0
i can facilitate.
loufiethecat

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Triple B Mining - triplebmining.com

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 10:50:58 AM

G'dday! Wink

We are Triple B Mining a Australian hybrid BTC ASIC and LTC GPU mining bond trying to deliver a complete approach to mining services and products while uniquely giving circular support for LTC and BTC by strengthening the legitimacy of LTC particularly within its support role through creating enterprise that is exists only on LTC GLOBAL EXCHANGE and only pays dividends in LTC although we have both ASIC and GPU technology mining both BTC and LTC... effectively circular support for both currencies. With weekly ASIC BTC dividends about to start, paid only in LTC, and only 500 Bonds outstanding from the original 1500 with 1000 still in reserve at 100LTC each, we are in prime position to be one of the cool BONDS to watch as we nourish a controlled niche market and are committed to offering something different, sustainable and creative. We mine under solar power already and are moving off grid by April 2014.

Triple B Buyer is our newest edition to this process at buyer.triplebmining.com ... a LTC mining and gamining equipmentry providing preconfigured turnkey LTC/BTC mining machines at well under retail prices and fully built and loaded with all mining equipment and wares plus remote desktop support for 12 months.
We provide High end 2 x GPU 1400kh/s LTC miners, 3 x GPU 2100kh/s LTC miners and 4 or 5 Custom designed fully enclosed or custom racked builds that are up to 3500kh/s of LTC mining grunt! This process is augmented by our 3D printing services. Parts or full builds are available and we accept BTC or LTC or Cash deposits as payments and only use MSi equipment with 10 year warranties on 100% peak load.

The purpose of Triple B Buyer is to provide surplus GPU hash for our Triple B Mining farm. Also to provide an easy avenue for interested investors to get involved with BTC and mining as a hobby easily, with minimal fuss.  Cool

More importantly though Triple B Buyer was created to prototype a multi-purpose BTC mining device that could be deployed by the mining security to stay long profitable as we transition over to our completely self sustainable off grid power generation and supply green data center. As our proposed planned device is functional regardless if it can mine BTC it will have a life even after it isn't profitable because of its possible small size. We hope to give the community a very unique offering amongst the strongest and the biggest ASIC muscle wars that is noticed for its flair, ingenuity and innovation.

We have many community creative plans to complete and I'd rather not go into them much further.. but with our funding spent on retail ASIC and private money being poured into collecting the needed components to get these chips to even fire... We really need a break, some good old community spirit. We need an Angel to help us line up in prime position to take full advantage of a chip acquisition in a respectable number but at a much more reasonable price.

We would like to have each chip as cheap as we can get please, as we want to order a 1000 most likely and wish to acquire them soon but the asking price from BFL of $75 is ridiculous when we only intend to spend that on manufacturing and materials per our devices as a whole each. So we are left to only being able to accept donations of these coupons because they are only a discount & not a chip.. some are selling the at face value... Huh  and are worthless codes to most... and even more worthless again as chips to many more when they finally get them without a working design for them.  Roll Eyes

Please if your giving these away please considering giving them to our security for testing and our  development project and share in the exciting and different offerings we plan to keep bringing to the BTC and LTC community. We will gladly walk beside you all. We mine for the community. We mine for you!  Grin

Happy trading

Loufie Churchill

GM of Triple B Mining and Triple B Buyer on LTC GLOBAL EXCHANGE

The Triple B Group

Hybrid BTC/LTC mining BOND GPU/ASIC-triplebmining.com

Triple B Delivery
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:25:15 PM

Cheers!

I will pay for shipping.

Let me know how you feel about this.
flowdab (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:06:24 PM

Cheers!

I will pay for shipping.

Let me know how you feel about this.

I pm'ed burnin asking him if he was going to work on BFL and he has not responded.
flowdab (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:06:41 PM

Cheers!

the developers on this thread would be interested: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236103.0
i can facilitate.

I'll check that out and let you know!
Bitbird

Activity: 234

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 05:09:44 PM

I have initiated a project for developing a prototype miner based on BFL chips in Taiwan. The prototype will be adopted rackmount chassis, modules design and advanced cooling system. The design will be open source. It would be a great help with just few sample chips.

Cheers!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: