Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:30:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2x got cancelled. What now for altcoins?  (Read 1191 times)
Sukut (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:05:23 PM

You guys probably all heard by now that the Segwit2x got cancelled (for now) and there is still only one Bitcoin.

There are speculations that suggest the whales who were holding btc will eventually move to alts. What do you guys say? Will alts have stability? What alts do you guys see promising in the short term?
cryptounite

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 06:17:12 PM

They may rise back once BTC takes a breath.

Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:20:36 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2017, 07:11:35 PM by Poink

My portfolio is up 25% already....
Ganglo Saxon

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:29:14 PM

Good news for alts as everyone buys back into them.  My port is the highest it has ever been.  I'm quite pleased.
namethathasntbeentaken

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

update : namewastaken

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:11:55 PM

Not sure
Some say this is good news for btc, but it appears to me that money is flowing back into alts so this is amazing news for us

Hope to see a correction in btc price and a hard pump in alts

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol  ●  Available on Bisq.io
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:17:23 PM

Now the investors will switch to alts as bitcoin will drop. Time to do some research and find out which ones the whales will pile all their bitcoin into. I'm thinking NEO will benefit and some other well established coins

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
cammeyz

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:25:17 PM

Neo and all estabilished coins yeah, Lisk will raise very high now with everything coming up. WTC too should explode back up to its ath.
matteo96

Activity: 151
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:38:34 PM

i am buying back at higher prices all the alts with strong fundamentals that i panick sold
like tons of ARDR and sys
i feel like a retarded now but who cares , the potential is huge

look at the total market cap of crypto, it's still more than 200 billions
btc price and dominance going down but market cap stays high, that means that most people are selling btc not for cash but for alts.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:19:36 PM

Sigwith2x cancellation is going to be a top up for altcoins market. We are going to see fund flowing back to altcoins markets. I expect ethereum, lisk,  wave,  and bitconnect including litecoin to be the most beneficial to this cancellations. I also like the statement from bitcoin gold community that this decision was taking in other to keep bitcoin community gother. I pray the next time this hardfork come up we may see success in it and it will impact both coins.
soname12

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:24:33 PM

All the coin thing is because when bitcoin is done segwit2x there will be a price adjustment and the capital will flow back to altcoin and at this altcoin will have strong waves

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
BenjaminFranklingwould

Activity: 335
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:34:04 PM

Some money will return to the altcoins. But it doesn't mean they will rise on new ATH. Bitcoin right now has big expectations because of futures on CME group. Tone Vays says that top is on the 7500$ for btc. JPmorgan says that btc will reach 8000$. We don't know how it will effect on altcoins. If btc will in the same range for a week or so, then alts could rise much more.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
makuny

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:34:17 PM

With the Sigwith2x cancellation i think the altcoins will rise now. This ist good for me. My portfolio list 95% Altcoins Smiley
PPleaseman

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:50:33 PM

I think a lot of altcoins will go back to their ATH or surpass it. The questions is whick one?
I would say ARK, Omg will do it.

Cheers
Crypthunt

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:54:15 PM

Altcoin back in the green zone,,
this news will bring marketcap move from bitcoin to altcoin  Wink
bhantom

Activity: 673
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:58:19 PM

Now a lot of altcoins are green, every who invested in alts now getting good profit. I like it and wait for higher %
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:00:42 PM

Bitcoin did an incredible rise today, and altcoins are following the same pattern, this is a little bit weird because alts dont tend to follow bitcoins movements, but it is okay, i have some ethereum and my portfolio is slowly rising, so i am happy with that (and i thought that eth was going to drop, lol)
but yes, i think that knowing that segwitx2 has been cancelled makes me a little bit quiet, i had very bad feelings about that fork, i dont know why, but it was going to be a chaos.
maianh09

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:01:39 PM

If you have a small amount of money, buy coin worth less than a few hundred sts you can buy them and in short 1-2 weeks there may be coin x2 value you can make a profit. pretty much. If you have large capital, you can buy coin because the encounter to the altcoin will increase quite strong
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:02:41 PM

You guys probably all heard by now that the Segwit2x got cancelled (for now) and there is still only one Bitcoin.

There are speculations that suggest the whales who were holding btc will eventually move to alts. What do you guys say? Will alts have stability? What alts do you guys see promising in the short term?
It is good that segwit2X have been cancelled I hope they fix it first before presenting it on public again. Alts might have stability in the next coming days and almost all altcoins have potential to grow in short term. The ones with the most potential though is the undervalued ones that have been stable in a low price for a long time now. For sure those will pump more if bitcoin took a break on going up. Others might consider moving into alts now so I think now is the right time to buy.
davecrypto

Activity: 151

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:06:00 PM

IMHO the best coins to buy in now is XMR, IOTA, NEO, OMG, ETH, WAVES

you can thank me later Wink

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:14:14 PM

Logic would suggest much of the money would move back in to alts, perhaps not as quickly though as expected, it will take time for the picture to become clear an for people to understand the change before we see real adjustments in the market.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: