Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:08:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Alt Coins Continue Pumping ?  (Read 441 times)
Si H (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:32:45 PM

Just spent the last few hours moving by BTC into Alt coins and it seems to be going very nice. But the thing that is bugging me is when might be a good time to move 75% back in to bitcoin.
I am wondering if this could be just a 24 hour pump or if Alt's like Neo , OMG and VTC will continue up over the next few days or weeks. I know that the Asian markets should kick in soon so i am hoping that should keep it going for a few hours.

What are people thoughts on the time frame of this lovely HI Buy HI Buy for the Alt market ?   Grin Grin Grin Grin
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:38:25 PM

Just do whatever you want, i prefer to hold my money on bitcoin, but it is upto you, i dont trust in altcoins and this is why i prefer to have my money in there, but this is a perfect opportunity to make some free bucks from this situation because the whole market is rising right now, and bitcoin is going down.
So i dont know, if you want to do a quick trade, buy omg-xmr and wait a few hours, and then sell and buy bitcoins again, i think that i will do it in a few hours, i will just keep looking at the charts for some hours.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
ArminH

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:55:55 PM

Just spent the last few hours moving by BTC into Alt coins and it seems to be going very nice. But the thing that is bugging me is when might be a good time to move 75% back in to bitcoin.
I am wondering if this could be just a 24 hour pump or if Alt's like Neo , OMG and VTC will continue up over the next few days or weeks. I know that the Asian markets should kick in soon so i am hoping that should keep it going for a few hours.

What are people thoughts on the time frame of this lovely HI Buy HI Buy for the Alt market ?   Grin Grin Grin Grin

I guess, pumping is the wrong word here.
Altcoins just recover. Over the past few weeks a lot of capital has been transferred from altcoin market to BTC (https://coinmarketcap.com/coins/), because of upcoming fork.
Now where fork is cancelled, altcoins start recovering. This will take 1-2 days.
Please note that BTC rate dropped only slightly, therefore not much capital has been transferred back to altcoin market yet.

The BTC dominance decreased sharply during the last 6 months, as altcoins become better every day.
Then this trend ended because of the 2 forks. Now this trend will probably continue. We will see BTC dominance below 40% within the next 2-3 months.
https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage

Another important (short-term) point will be the news, e.g. if they set a new hard fork date tomorrow, which isn't that far in the future, BTC dominance will of course continue.
If they say tomorrow that B2X is cancelled forever, altcoin rally will be much faster.

Of course it also depends on the altcoins you hold/buy.
Some shitcoins hopefully never recover Wink
clrpod

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:59:42 PM

I suspect that there won't be a major 'pump' as such, if bitcoin though is in a stable period now I expect alts to rise gradually until there is the next major bitcoin pump, whatever reason that might be. I would envisage alts have at least a good couple of weeks ahead of them.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:02:42 PM

Yes forever and ever untill they explode into uncharted parts of the cosmos. More serious, I don't know. I got some coins for the longerterm hold now after making some quick profit here and there so I don't really mind if they go down I bought all of them on their lowest point and hoping that in the long term they will return more than what they would now if I sell them. Its a volatile market, I think TA really helps with getting a bit of sense of whats going on and remain rational in situations where everything is uncertain. Else you might just start doing random things and cutting profits unecessarily or taking unecessary losses.

namethathasntbeentaken

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

update : namewastaken

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:04:06 PM

I guess, pumping is the wrong word here.
Altcoins just recover. Over the past few weeks a lot of capital has been transferred from altcoin market to BTC (https://coinmarketcap.com/coins/), because of upcoming fork.
Now where fork is cancelled, altcoins start recovering. This will take 1-2 days.
Please note that BTC rate dropped only slightly, therefore not much capital has been transferred back to altcoin market yet.

The BTC dominance decreased sharply during the last 6 months, as altcoins become better every day.
Then this trend ended because of the 2 forks. Now this trend will probably continue. We will see BTC dominance below 40% within the next 2-3 months.
https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage

Another important (short-term) point will be the news, e.g. if they set a new hard fork date tomorrow, which isn't that far in the future, BTC dominance will of course continue.
If they say tomorrow that B2X is cancelled forever, altcoin rally will be much faster.

Of course it also depends on the altcoins you hold/buy.
Some shitcoins hopefully never recover Wink

Kudos for your answer
No one knows what will happen, but either you're a trader or a hodler, make the choice you're most comfortable and suffer the consequences hehe

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol  ●  Available on Bisq.io
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
CrypticGambit

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:16:56 PM

I don't think so. Some of the alts will never reach their all time highs again, simply because people tend to forget about the coins after they dump them which is sad.

Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:39:53 PM

I guess this is the beginning of a long pump for the altcoins. The altcoins have been suffering for a long while already because of the price pump of Bitcoin that was so big that it put the values of altcoins down to the bottom. The red days are finally over and time for the green marks all over the altcoin world.
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:57:59 PM

Most of the people investing in altcoin wants to make money so they try to invest in cheap coins. They hope that its going to be pumped up so they will sell their coins to get profit. They will do it again to make more money. So in short altcoins will continue to be pumped up sometimes and some of them has no really future. Some of them will die in the near future.

Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:06:54 AM

Be careful to make sure you have not invested  during a "pump" time. Because right now so many alts are down.
Only a few are struggling to gain momentum.
jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:53:08 PM

Be careful to make sure you have not invested  during a "pump" time. Because right now so many alts are down.
Only a few are struggling to gain momentum.
Many coins have a low price and most people don't know that even if the price is low, the price of those coins were pumped before so it doesn't make any

difference.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
devollito

Activity: 560
Merit: 217

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:11:53 PM

All coin in cryptocurrencies just need to do their promises in yheir roadmap and all will be up. However from 10 project there will be 8-9 project die or the price under ico price in short term. If you long hodler you will win. Just dont put your money in to shit ico. Many shit ico out there and they are not project they only use ponzi to grab your money.
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:15:42 PM

It is important to always have a good size core bitcoin holding alongwith whatever good altcoins
one is holding. Trying to time it right for the switch back and forth is not easy for most investors.

slowlii

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:19:23 PM

All coin in cryptocurrencies just need to do their promises in yheir roadmap and all will be up. However from 10 project there will be 8-9 project die or the price under ico price in short term. If you long hodler you will win. Just dont put your money in to shit ico. Many shit ico out there and they are not project they only use ponzi to grab your money.

They simply can't do their promises and that's why they lose value. If they go with respect to their roadmap, investors will drop in and they buy more of the shares of those projects.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: