Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:48:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone actually gotten any of the mining rigs they have ordered?  (Read 1138 times)
TimothyAndrewBrice (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:25:38 AM

I've been hearing a lot of rumors lately that the companies that are supposedly building these mining rigs are all a scam and that no one has even gotten their rig yet.

What's the highest level rig anyone has CONFIRMED and RECEIVED so far? I see companies promoting 60ghz and 150ghz mining rigs. Do such things even exist? Is it even possible to create such things?

Personally I ordered a 60ghz rig from Butterfly Labs. I heard that it's a scam but I can't get my money back because they refuse to refund orders.

Anyone have any knowledge or experience to add to this? Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LostFate

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:44:08 AM

I have seen video of a 5Ghz BFL ASIC miner, mining on BitMinter and have reason to believe from the massive increase in hashing power on various pools that there are at least SOME rigs out there.
TimothyAndrewBrice (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:54:28 AM

I have seen video of a 5Ghz BFL ASIC miner, mining on BitMinter and have reason to believe from the massive increase in hashing power on various pools that there are at least SOME rigs out there.

yes I've confirmed that 5ghz miners have indeed shipped. But how are we supposed to believe that it's even possible to create a 50ghz miner? When it seems to difficult to create just a 5ghz miner?

Sounds like these companies are full of shit. I mean if they can create such powerful miners, why sell them? Why not just use them for themselves to mine Bitcoins? That would certainly be far more profitable than selling them off.
lazydna

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:11:30 AM

yes I've confirmed that 5ghz miners have indeed shipped. But how are we supposed to believe that it's even possible to create a 50ghz miner? When it seems to difficult to create just a 5ghz miner?

Sounds like these companies are full of shit. I mean if they can create such powerful miners, why sell them? Why not just use them for themselves to mine Bitcoins? That would certainly be far more profitable than selling them off.

80G/hash machines exist, check the hardware forum. 500Ghash machine was released a day ago.

TimothyAndrewBrice (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:18:49 AM

80G/hash machines exist, check the hardware forum. 500Ghash machine was released a day ago.

i heard that too but the 500hash machien costs like 10,000 dollars or something.

anyway i would never invest that kind of money into a company that openly says "We do not refund order payments". Show me the fucking actual machine and let me test demo it, and I'll buy it.
LostFate

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:21:53 AM

They are all start-ups, unfortunately. They literally use your money to make the machines rather than take out loans and have stock pre-made. It's smart from a business stand point but more difficult on the customer.
lazydna

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:22:03 AM

i heard that too but the 500hash machien costs like 10,000 dollars or something.

anyway i would never invest that kind of money into a company that openly says "We do not refund order payments". Show me the fucking actual machine and let me test demo it, and I'll buy it.

if that's what you want, your never going to get that.
the 500g/hash is 150k.
if I had the coin i'd buy it. it literally prints money.

Lothy

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:27:11 AM

Is it possible to make these rigs compatible with other pools like litecoin?

Cause if that is possible then every coin could become a pump and dump
TimothyAndrewBrice (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:27:58 AM

They are all start-ups, unfortunately. They literally use your money to make the machines rather than take out loans and have stock pre-made. It's smart from a business stand point but more difficult on the customer.

yea i understand but it still makes the customer very very paranoid about even giving them any money. I mean I haven't even heard of anyone receiving a 50g/hash miner yet.
lazydna

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:29:17 AM

yea i understand but it still makes the customer very very paranoid about even giving them any money. I mean I haven't even heard of anyone receiving a 50g/hash miner yet.
search for 'avalon'

TimothyAndrewBrice (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:28:12 AM

So has anyone here actually personally physically seen a 50ghz rig or above in person? Do such rigs even exist?
TimothyAndrewBrice (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:46:39 PM

So has anyone here actually personally physically seen a 50ghz rig or above in person? Do such rigs even exist?

Bumping for a reply.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:44:24 AM

There was actually a post just today or yesterday on this forum.  I am trying to find it, so I can send you the link.  Anyways, it was pictures of some guy unboxing his 50 GHash miner, and then putting it on ebay right after, while "burning it in", until the sale is over.  The bid was over $20,000 last time I checked, and in the bid there was mention that for every $1000 under $25,000 it gets sold for, he is mining for a week before sending it.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 12:51:16 AM

Bumping for a reply.

No because 50ghz machines do not exist and never will.

It is 50GH/s as in Giga Hashes Per Second

We really need a bitcoin mining school

...goes and checks godaddy....

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
TimothyAndrewBrice (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:05:07 AM

Bumping for a reply.

Thanks for the semantics check. So 50GH/s mining rigs actually do exist? Has anyone here actually physically seen one? The ebay dude who supposedly got one, for all we know, he could be faking it.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 01:08:18 AM

Bumping for a reply.

Thanks for the semantics check. So 50GH/s mining rigs actually do exist? Has anyone here actually physically seen one? The ebay dude who supposedly got one, for all we know, he could be faking it.

I have never personally seen one, but to be honest here, forget about any product from BFL.

They are just this side of a scam.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
pontiacg5

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:08:25 AM

That's about the dumbest question I've ever heard.

Yes, I've seen one.

Believe me any more than that ebay guy?

If it ain't obvious to you by now that they exist, you aren't ever going to figure it out  Wink

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
TimothyAndrewBrice (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:19:41 AM

That's about the dumbest question I've ever heard.

Yes, I've seen one.

Believe me any more than that ebay guy?

If it ain't obvious to you by now that they exist, you aren't ever going to figure it out  Wink

Okay, so we got one guy who has actually seen one in real life. Anyone else?
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 02:00:22 AM

I've been hearing a lot of rumors lately that the companies that are supposedly building these mining rigs are all a scam and that no one has even gotten their rig yet.

What's the highest level rig anyone has CONFIRMED and RECEIVED so far? I see companies promoting 60ghz and 150ghz mining rigs. Do such things even exist? Is it even possible to create such things?

Personally I ordered a 60ghz rig from Butterfly Labs. I heard that it's a scam but I can't get my money back because they refuse to refund orders.

Anyone have any knowledge or experience to add to this? Thanks

No, many people have gotten their rigs. Its just the majority have not. BFL has not even gave a date out when their going to be releasing theirs, who knows if they will ever ship anything. Sucks that you preordered already, scammers wont even let you get a refund...

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
bsuperior2

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:29:38 AM

I had a friend who received a 5GHZ unit from butterfly and i have seen a few physical units on ebay but thats it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: