Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:15:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Supply of a coin badly affect a coin future  (Read 234 times)
udayantha11 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 03:05:18 PM

I have a question since i join to crypto.
I noticed that low volume specially under 50mil coin supply  has a good potential price and growth. But some coins have billions of coin supply so they declinging and low price always.

So supply always affect coin value.

Example - sia coin have billions of supply so it always under..

Wtc coin have under 50mil supply always rise up quickly

How about opionions?

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:53:53 PM

In principle, your reasoning is true. The more coins were issued as a result of the ICO, the less they will cost. However, many other factors influence this. If the idea of ​​the project was good and the coin was in demand and has good demand, then the value of the coin will increase, even though they were issued, say, one and a half billion.

anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:59:20 PM

It is true because Dogecoin is a typical example despite being around for a very long time it has always remain a penny coin. Dogecoin was created in billions that is why it remain so low. Another issue is when coin is having fractions it also affect its value in the market.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:05:21 PM

I noticed that low volume specially under 50mil coin supply  has a good potential price and growth. But some coins have billions of coin supply so they declinging and low price always.

How about opionions?

If many people buying the concern coins you choose that means you will be able to find the price more than you find in the chart with the continuous growth. This will be happened due to the demand and supply of the coin.
Please be selective in the investment before you do it. You can read the white paper and blog to confirm whether they legit or not.
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:24:40 PM

Arguably your perspective is not that accepted by me because we have some crptos with over 50mil supply and still flourish.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Why is it possible that currencies change their total supply after they had been listed on Coinmarketcap?

Does anybody know that?

Don't trust any exchange!
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:38:50 PM

The math is correct and true because if demand for a coin is there and supply is small or limited...it simply makes the value of a particular coin to raise easily unlike if supply for a coin is unlimited it kind of makes any growth in value unnoticeable or slow. Which is why I prefer to invest in crypto coins with a limited supply.
udayantha11 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 01:02:22 AM

In principle, your reasoning is true. The more coins were issued as a result of the ICO, the less they will cost. However, many other factors influence this. If the idea of ​​the project was good and the coin was in demand and has good demand, then the value of the coin will increase, even though they were issued, say, one and a half billion.

I research about it, coin supply a major thing. If can mine coin that also a factor.  Yes other factors also definitly contribute the price

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:03:19 AM

Why is it possible that currencies change their total supply after they had been listed on Coinmarketcap?

Does anybody know that?

Some devs remove coins from the overall supply. If a dev creates a coin with 1,000,000 supply and then airdrops only 100,000 out, he may decide to burn the 900,000.  This would make the total supply 100,000.

Some coins will grow over time if they are mined or staked.  It depends really.  In order to help protect yourself from being surprised by the changing supply read up on coins to see if that is built in to the coin.  Ember had an insane POS reward, running at 20% PER DAY.  This had an exponential effect on the supply.

InahC

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:17:16 AM

How about opionions?

Your logic is quite true, It because of the demand of the people towards the coins, Like for example, When the supply is limited and the people wanted the coins is so many, then it's valued tends to go up. Because People will buy that even they will pay much bigger. That's our current marker, Same goes for our daily need like for example, we encounter a flood or hurricane, Some price of goods is becoming more expensive because their supply became limited and many people wanted to buy them.

❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰❰ ♦ SIMDAQ ♦ ❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱
Learn how to trade profitable!
 Instagram▲      Medium  Telegram▲    Facebook▲      Twitter
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:31:33 AM

How about opionions?
A lot of supply that means the coin has a lot of the inflation. You will need the more money to pump it to the moon. That doesn't make sense to see about the ico had worth of billions supply of token.
It just like another doge coin.
Actually they can try to put less supply if they want but a lot of the developers think about the more coin and they will reach the marketcap easily.
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:33:06 AM

There are a lot of things that are affecting those kind of coins that have a larger supply of tokens, i dont support those coins who have more than 100 millions of coins in circulation because it is ridiculous for me, i dont even know the real reason of that.
if they just raise less than 10 million dollars then the marketcap of that coin will be very poor, and the token will be worth less than ten cents everyone.
What if they dont even raise 10m? the coins will be worth one cent.. this is why i prefer those coins who have less than five million coins in circulation.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:37:37 AM

I don't understand how the supply of a coin can affect its future. In my opinion, what really matters is the total marketcap like for exemple if the marketcap is low it will be easier for whale to pump it up. The number of coin doesnt matter at the end

minbosen

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:45:43 AM

I agree with you, I know the most expensive is PBT, the ico price is 1PBT=5btc, and the total supply is about 500 PBT, so the result for now is 1PBT=0.3btc. So sad.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████