Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:57:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XNC] XenCoin | Instant | Stable | Long term Support - New UPDATE!!!  (Read 75668 times)
Carlitos714

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:05:17 AM

Is it worth it to mine this coin solo?
Just tried mining solo on my laptop at just a 100 khash's and found a confirmed block (200xnc) in less than 30 mins! Might be a fluke but worth a go  Smiley
Thank you for your post. I tried to do some solo mining but, I cant get it to work. Can you post your config file minus user name/password.

rpcuser=***
rpcpassword=***
rpcport=4335
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
daemon=1
server=1
listen=0
testnet=0
gen=0
maxconnections=100
addnode=180.159.64.124:9333
addnode=98.249.36.113:9333
addnode=200.8.245.254:9333
addnode=84.106.73.147:9333
addnode=24.8.121.69:9333
addnode=218.82.123.182:9333
addnode=72.241.130.78:9333
addnode=98.25.44.178:9333
addnode=78.60.150.8:9333
addnode=99.229.29.235:9333

Hope that helps  Smiley
Thank you. I had everything correct. Something was up with my config file. I grabbed an example one and they just copied and pasted everything from my old file (look the same as yours) and it works now!
Thank you for taking the time to post this.
Lets see if I can get a block on my 7970. Gonna do a 2 hour test

Let's color the MOON: Y6k7wiCrSH1D7xSsGNxBBoxfDYJS38RYrs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Carlitos714

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:59:54 AM

Is it worth it to mine this coin solo?
Just tried mining solo on my laptop at just a 100 khash's and found a confirmed block (200xnc) in less than 30 mins! Might be a fluke but worth a go  Smiley
Thank you for your post. I tried to do some solo mining but, I cant get it to work. Can you post your config file minus user name/password.

rpcuser=***
rpcpassword=***
rpcport=4335
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
daemon=1
server=1
listen=0
testnet=0
gen=0
maxconnections=100
addnode=180.159.64.124:9333
addnode=98.249.36.113:9333
addnode=200.8.245.254:9333
addnode=84.106.73.147:9333
addnode=24.8.121.69:9333
addnode=218.82.123.182:9333
addnode=72.241.130.78:9333
addnode=98.25.44.178:9333
addnode=78.60.150.8:9333
addnode=99.229.29.235:9333

Hope that helps  Smiley
Thank you. I had everything correct. Something was up with my config file. I grabbed an example one and they just copied and pasted everything from my old file (look the same as yours) and it works now!
Thank you for taking the time to post this.
Lets see if I can get a block on my 7970. Gonna do a 2 hour test
ok just did a 2 hour test with my 7970 and I found 1 block. 200 coins, I think Im going back to the pool

Carlitos714

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:17:10 AM

slow moving thread. no activity. Not sure if I want to keep mining this coin Sad

Tommo_Aus

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:30:22 AM

Could http://tompool.org please be added to the pool list?

Tompool - http://tompool.org - a 2% fee SHA256/Scrypt/BURST/Groestl multipool supporting ANC, ASC, DGC, EZC, FLO, GLD, GME, MNC, RYC, TGC, TRC, XNC, ZET & more
headsex

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:59:45 PM

PROP Mining pool -> http://xnc.scryptlife.com/

headsex

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:38:32 PM

difficulty just changed to 0.1, come join our pool.. http://xnc.scryptlife.com/

skharrah

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:00:52 PM

difficulty just changed to 0.1, come join our pool.. http://xnc.scryptlife.com/

Just steered 2.5Mh/s towards your pool..  let's crank out some coins...
SkyStation

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:06:10 PM

Hi,

Have Xencoin pool, Prop payout based on block with 1% fee.

http://xencoin.youcrazy.me/

Also feel free to add other XenCoin pools at http://youcrazy.me/XenCoin.html

Regards,
Sky
thecarnie

Activity: 136

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:15:34 PM

Hi,

Regards,
Sky

This pool owes me almost 400 Xencoin for over a week and does not answer support mail - what gives?
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 12:14:25 AM

I have a pplns 1% pool up now:

http://xnc.hasher.ca/

Thanks!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
thecarnie

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:30:33 AM

I have a pplns 1% pool up now:

http://xnc.hasher.ca/

Thanks!

I'll be on there shortly -- I don't have tons of hashing power, but I used to get 4-5 blocks a day solo mining - so we'll get some coins over there....
thecarnie

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:10:30 AM

Pool won't send through verification email so I can register.
thecarnie

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:25:31 AM

Hi,

Regards,
Sky

This pool owes me almost 400 Xencoin for over a week and does not answer support mail - what gives?

This has been fixed -- seems pool has been reset - thank you!
El_Nickio

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:51:22 PM

Just thought I'd add another pool to this coin

http://xencoinpool.com (P2Pool)

cgminer --scrypt -o http://xencoinpool.com:4337/static/ -u YOURADDRESS -p 1

Hopefully someone can fix the coin explorer

Hey mojosplurr you still looking after this pool? It's showing the wrong dates on the 'Last blocks' section.

Anyone else reading this we could do with some more hashes - haven't found a block for hours!!
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:36:17 PM

Just thought I'd add another pool to this coin

http://xencoinpool.com (P2Pool)

cgminer --scrypt -o http://xencoinpool.com:4337/static/ -u YOURADDRESS -p 1

Hopefully someone can fix the coin explorer

Hey mojosplurr you still looking after this pool? It's showing the wrong dates on the 'Last blocks' section.

Anyone else reading this we could do with some more hashes - haven't found a block for hours!!

Hey move to xnc.scryptlife.com it would be much more easier.
thecarnie

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:20:13 PM

Looking for consensus on community takeover of this coin. 

It's got potential - but it seems the developer is MIA.  Yeah, there's a ton of alt coins out there, why save one?  Maybe because I need a new cause...  Maybe because I think with a little bit of effort, this coin could see some use and popularity, and become something that us 'little guys' can use...  I don't want to compete with bitcoin, litecoin, or any of the other coins -- that's a waste of time and energy.  What I want to do is put together a SOLID platform this coin can grow from.

It seems since the dev disappeared, we still have miners, there is still network activity, and so on.  So it's not entirely dead -- and it looks that there are some of us out here that still have a little hope for the coin.  Maybe there is appeal because the coin can still be mined by us who don't have multi-thousand dollar mining rigs generating tons of h/ps...  Because of the coins horrible difficulty settings (too low to resist mining pools) - there are problems with the client when the big multi-pools come around, and of course not to mention the sheer number of blocks generated when the network HPS gets high...

Anyways, I've pooled all my other coin assets into XNC.  I'm going to try to round up a couple experienced devs and see what we can get going on the interwebs to help the coin along.  Here are some un-organized notes so far:
  • Checkpoints in the client for the blockchain - it sorely needs them...  As well as implementing some of the other upstream updates to the client...  Checkpoints first though...
  • Production level build environment for the client for downloads (trivial)
  • Proper client configuration with stable notes in the bootstrap instead of this crap of managing the config file.  Nothing more unprofessional than a client that comes in a ZIP file with no installer, and a text-file with instructions on how to make it work.  No reason this can't be resolved.
  • Faucet -- they're neat - and given the sheer number of coins already minted, shouldn't be hard to come up with some XNC to feed it...
  • Some entertainment - something along the lines of a XNC game server...
  • I have some other ideas I'm still kicking around in my head -- so I'll update as I come up with them...
Also looking for suggestions from the little community we still have left on where to go from here --

Thanks for your time and lets get this thing back off the ground.  There's no reason that just because the original dev walked away (MIA since sometime in August from what I can tell -- no git updates in months) that those of us with the thousands of coins can't find something useful for them other than dumping for nothing on exchanges...

El_Nickio

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:35:35 PM

It's got potential - but it seems the developer is MIA.  Yeah, there's a ton of alt coins out there, why save one?  Maybe because I need a new cause...  Maybe because I think with a little bit of effort, this coin could see some use and popularity, and become something that us 'little guys' can use...  I don't want to compete with bitcoin, litecoin, or any of the other coins -- that's a waste of time and energy.  What I want to do is put together a SOLID platform this coin can grow from.

It seems since the dev disappeared, we still have miners, there is still network activity, and so on.  So it's not entirely dead -- and it looks that there are some of us out here that still have a little hope for the coin.  Maybe there is appeal because the coin can still be mined by us who don't have multi-thousand dollar mining rigs generating tons of h/ps...  Because of the coins horrible difficulty settings (too low to resist mining pools) - there are problems with the client when the big multi-pools come around, and of course not to mention the sheer number of blocks generated when the network HPS gets high...

Anyways, I've pooled all my other coin assets into XNC.  I'm going to try to round up a couple experienced devs and see what we can get going on the interwebs to help the coin along.  Here are some un-organized notes so far:
  • Checkpoints in the client for the blockchain - it sorely needs them...  As well as implementing some of the other upstream updates to the client...  Checkpoints first though...
  • Proper client configuration with stable notes in the bootstrap instead of this crap of managing the config file.  Nothing more unprofessional than a client that comes in a ZIP file with no installer, and a text-file with instructions on how to make it work.  No reason this can't be resolved.
  • Faucet -- they're neat - and given the sheer number of coins already minted, shouldn't be hard to come up with some XNC to feed it...
  • I have some other ideas I'm still kicking around in my head -- so I'll update as I come up with them...
Also looking for suggestions from the little community we still have left on where to go from here --

Thanks for your time and lets get this thing back off the ground.  There's no reason that just because the original dev walked away (MIA since sometime in August from what I can tell -- no git updates in months) that those of us with the thousands of coins can't find something useful for them other than dumping for nothing on exchanges...

You've got my support for what it's worth - I like to mine this coin for fun - it's nice to be able to mine a block solo on my laptop!
thecarnie

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:46:00 PM

You've got my support for what it's worth - I like to mine this coin for fun - it's nice to be able to mine a block solo on my laptop!

Thanks!  I agree -- it's one of the few left that some of us can mine -- granted we don't turn a profit, but if we can mine a few coins and go play a game or something -- who knows -- it all starts there.  The sad fact is the coin itself seemed to have a good start (although the client fork chosen could have been better) --

I'm also looking at suggestions from anyone on where the concentration really needs to be on the next steps.  The XNC website and domain name are not going to be able to be gotten - and I'm honestly not going to spend money to get them.  There's enough community and smarts around here to get us back on track with a real site and potential.

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 01:51:43 PM

It's got potential - but it seems the developer is MIA.  Yeah, there's a ton of alt coins out there, why save one?  Maybe because I need a new cause...  Maybe because I think with a little bit of effort, this coin could see some use and popularity, and become something that us 'little guys' can use...  I don't want to compete with bitcoin, litecoin, or any of the other coins -- that's a waste of time and energy.  What I want to do is put together a SOLID platform this coin can grow from.

It seems since the dev disappeared, we still have miners, there is still network activity, and so on.  So it's not entirely dead -- and it looks that there are some of us out here that still have a little hope for the coin.  Maybe there is appeal because the coin can still be mined by us who don't have multi-thousand dollar mining rigs generating tons of h/ps...  Because of the coins horrible difficulty settings (too low to resist mining pools) - there are problems with the client when the big multi-pools come around, and of course not to mention the sheer number of blocks generated when the network HPS gets high...

Anyways, I've pooled all my other coin assets into XNC.  I'm going to try to round up a couple experienced devs and see what we can get going on the interwebs to help the coin along.  Here are some un-organized notes so far:
  • Checkpoints in the client for the blockchain - it sorely needs them...  As well as implementing some of the other upstream updates to the client...  Checkpoints first though...
  • Proper client configuration with stable notes in the bootstrap instead of this crap of managing the config file.  Nothing more unprofessional than a client that comes in a ZIP file with no installer, and a text-file with instructions on how to make it work.  No reason this can't be resolved.

Thanks for your time and lets get this thing back off the ground.  There's no reason that just because the original dev walked away (MIA since sometime in August from what I can tell -- no git updates in months) that those of us with the thousands of coins can't find something useful for them other than dumping for nothing on exchanges...

Sounds good. I like mining this coin too Smiley and would be nice to be abel to do something with them.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
thecarnie

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:29:54 PM

Some additional thoughts -- with so many damned alt-coins out there - need to almost create a niche market to use these things in --

I do web design, hosting, all kinds of ~net related stuff.  Maybe try to get some others out there to take in some XNC and start to build a little way for us to spend them around in the services we all offer -- that might generate some who will mine/buy them...  so they can use them -- we just need to pool resources around to see who wants to trade what and then offer the xnc platform as a medium to do it.  This is along the lines of services and such I would think - - I'm not talking about some form of 'marketplace' but more a directory to services that accept XNC - hosts that will offer small shared hosting sites for XNC, etc -- start it out small and it might gain some traction...

Just some more random thoughts before I quit for the night -

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: