Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:14:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XNC] XenCoin | Instant | Stable | Long term Support - New UPDATE!!!  (Read 75668 times)
thecarnie

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 08:54:27 AM

I now have functional xencoind.exe (CLI) (static/static-linked/static-debug/static-linked-debug versions) as well as a xencoin-qt.exe (GUI) versions built.  One change I did not apply either is the update that splits the blockchain downloads into seperate 'size limited' files - which does speed up startup quite a bit.  But by leaving the current blockchain data configuration intact in this version, a new chain download should not be required.

I'm doing some final testing on things to verify stability and proper operation (as best I can), then will finalize the build settings for a full build of both that can be signed/hashed and published for download.  The source will also compile into linux clients, and should work for OSX clients as well (but again, I am unable to test or build ANY OSX clients at this time.

When testing is complete and I can reproduce the builds in a documented fashion, I will make available the client downloads, as well as tag the source for those in my GIT repo for this version.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 08:58:57 AM

Thanks for your work!
thecarnie

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:10:01 AM

Thanks for your work!

It's no problem!  I don't have the time to offer to the coin that I initially promised several months ago - things just have gone downhill in my world - but this should help things "a little".

The coin itself still has problems - and future updates are jeopardized by the missing 'steps' taken by the original dev when the coin was designed (copied) from another alt-coin.  Had those steps been properly completed - we could be MUCH further along in upgrading things to the current master branches from the Bitcoin and Litecoin dev trees.  As I can dedicate more time to this effort, there may be some things that can be done - but I haven't had the time to research them much further.  For the time being, they will keep things going as they are for the coin and chain - and hopefully will help get it back on another exchange so there's some more action. 

When the testing completes, I will be downgrading the xencoin.liquidbbs.org seednode back to this version in order to help maintain consensus with the online clients.  My version running on the seednode has MANY updates to the core code that brings it up to date with the two main dev trees, but again, without fixes to this coin in general those updates are pointless and could possibly create a consensus issue...  More to come when I can get caught up.  In the meantime - I'll finish testing and get these builds online for anyone who's interested.

I will most likely start a fresh thread on it all, considering at this time it seems the "community" has decidedly taken over development and furthering of the coin - so I think we need a new thread as well...
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 12:11:08 PM

Thanks for your work!
< . . . >
I will most likely start a fresh thread on it all, considering at this time it seems the "community" has decidedly taken over development and furthering of the coin - so I think we need a new thread as well...

I think you should indeed. You could create new topic and thereby promote the new wallet.

Maybe this can attract more people on board and therefore give this coin a future.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
thecarnie

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 05:00:45 AM

Small delay:

In a nutshell, with the surprise issues of OpenSSL being able to cause consensus issues in a *coin daemon (search posts by Gregory Maxwell and other BTC devs regarding this), I am holding back the updated Xencoin release (v0.6.3.4) builds I have for a couple days so that I can re-build with the newest OpenSSL libs available. 

It seems kind of pointless to me to release then have to make an additional release in a week to handle the OpenSSL updates. 

My builds of the wallet/daemon/node are all static builds (based on research and recommendations of BTC developers within how they manage builds) so that 'linked libraries can't surprise us with consensus issues' like they did to almost every other *coin out here.  My opinion follows that of the BTC devs on the issue of using static binaries in order to avoid surprises brought on by OS updates and the likes.

Additional to that, I will also make a second point release available directly after the first.  The ONLY change between the two will be that 0.6.3.5 will resolve the issue of a monolithic blockchain database on the local machine the client runs on and convert it to a segmented chain split across several files (as the new clients do). 

I will also create a bootstrap.dat for the blockchain and make it available as well for quick syncing new clients and users.  Our blockchain is right around a gig right now - which as a torrent could be downloaded in a matter of minutes rather than hours via the daemon.  If someone has a nice torrent seeder available to host it, please let me know and we'll work out getting it hosted. 

Sorry for the delayed upload on 0.6.3.4 but I just don't feel the need to release, then re-release binaries within a week of eachother...

Elit

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 05:57:33 AM

Small delay:

I will also create a bootstrap.dat for the blockchain and make it available as well for quick syncing new clients and users.  Our blockchain is right around a gig right now - which as a torrent could be downloaded in a matter of minutes rather than hours via the daemon.  If someone has a nice torrent seeder available to host it, please let me know and we'll work out getting it hosted. 

I can help with seed torrent.
thecarnie

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 02:07:35 AM

I have tagged and set a "release" of the updates applied.  

Win32 static binaries are available at the link below.  
There is also a download available of the GUI that tries to link to existing .dlls in on for Windows systems.  

Build Environment Used:
Linux jessie 3.16.0-4-586 #1 Debian 3.16.7-ckt7-1 (2015-03-01) i686 GNU/Linux
i686-w64-mingw32-gcc v4.9.1 (GCC)
OpenSSL v1.0.1m
Boost v1.53
QT v4.8.6
BerkeleyDB v4.8.30.NC
miniupnpc v1.9.20150206
libpng v1.6.16
libqrencode v2014.09.23
zlib-1.2.8

BACKUP YOUR WALLET.  I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WALLET ISSUES.  

I've tested this with blockchain download and transferring coins back and forth between the old v0.6.3.3 client, and the v0.8.7.3 build that's running on my seed node.  I have not performed any mining tests through this build.  

BACKUP BEFORE UPGRADING.  I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH... YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MAY HAPPEN...

https://github.com/thecarnie/XencoinCommunity/releases/tag/v0.6.3.4

Additional Notes:
No Mac/OSX tests have been performed (a volunteer will have to verify the build process and produce clients - I will add them to the repo when available)
No building on Windows via Mingw-w64 have been tested.  This is a cross-compile build from a Linux box. 

There may need to be adjustments to the makefiles for platform builds.

If you have fixes, please submit a pull request.  I don't have millions of hours to support builds - nor financial resources to keep the seed node going indefinitely - but I will contribute whatever I can for as long as I can.
thecarnie

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:42:15 AM

The p2pool at http://xencoin.liquidbbs.org:24335 will be offline for a few hours while I move the supernode daemon over to the just-released version.
The supernode will also exhibit unstable connectivity during this time.
The DNSseeder will remain online while I get the other release built and the blockchain imported.  

I apologize for the inconvenience.

thecarnie

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:10:45 AM

Primary supernode xencoin.liquidbbs.org is back online.  I'll deal with the p2pool sometime tomorrow...
Elit

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:05:52 PM

Xencoin blockchain data: blk0001.dat and blkindex.dat up to 21.03.2015
https://mega.co.nz/#!3MsSmRIB!cYckSz8Lye2SESX7XmhY0UJWdnzRpPspkcjS6Ds9ue0
thecarnie

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:27:45 PM

Working on a bootstrap.dat for the blockchain - should be ready in a few hours -- p2pool node will remain offline for the time being.

A checkpoint update for XencoinCommunity will be coming soon - we're back to having a collision with another alt-coin when the client runs - a checkpoint should solve this. Due to the fast blocktimes on this coin, along with the 'network confusion' issues brought on by lack of proper fork/clone by original source, I may have to start a rolling 'point' release schedule for this client (0.6.3.4 is current - 0.6.3.x <-- x being the point updates for checkpoints) - this may help alleviate the 'stuck downloading wrong chain' issues I'm starting to see again in these older litecoin-clone-based clients. Depending on how often this is needed will determine the 'schedule' - but it's looking like about 2-4 weeks per point release for the blockchain.

To anyone who has started using the latest release, please be sure to note any issues/problems/successes with this fork.  I can't fix things or attempt to improve things if I don't know what's wrong or what's happening. 

A new thread is coming soon as well - once I get some more things organized.  Community members who can contribute, please get setup on Github if you aren't already for issue tracking and code submission/pull requests.  Thanks!
El_Nickio

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:45:28 PM

Working on a bootstrap.dat for the blockchain - should be ready in a few hours -- p2pool node will remain offline for the time being.

A checkpoint update for XencoinCommunity will be coming soon - we're back to having a collision with another alt-coin when the client runs - a checkpoint should solve this. Due to the fast blocktimes on this coin, along with the 'network confusion' issues brought on by lack of proper fork/clone by original source, I may have to start a rolling 'point' release schedule for this client (0.6.3.4 is current - 0.6.3.x <-- x being the point updates for checkpoints) - this may help alleviate the 'stuck downloading wrong chain' issues I'm starting to see again in these older litecoin-clone-based clients. Depending on how often this is needed will determine the 'schedule' - but it's looking like about 2-4 weeks per point release for the blockchain.

To anyone who has started using the latest release, please be sure to note any issues/problems/successes with this fork.  I can't fix things or attempt to improve things if I don't know what's wrong or what's happening. 

A new thread is coming soon as well - once I get some more things organized.  Community members who can contribute, please get setup on Github if you aren't already for issue tracking and code submission/pull requests.  Thanks!

Keep up the good work!

It's appreciated  Smiley Smiley Smiley
thecarnie

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:31:27 AM

Keep up the good work!

It's appreciated  Smiley Smiley Smiley

I do what I can Smiley 

A small update on where things stand:

XencoinCommunity 0.6.3.4 is available - the makefiles may need adjustment off my repo - Windows builds are also downloadable there - click the "Releases" to find them.

Xencoin v0.8.7.3 (the development branch forked last year) has seen some activity and will be nearing availability for release as well.  I seem to have resolved some of the performance issues that users were seeing even with low 'worker loads', and I've ported over other updates that have come up since then.  I disabled any v2 block lock-ins on this client till after testing and consensus says it's time.

Bootstrap.dat files are available - I'll post links shortly - the bootstrap.dat import is slow as hell on the 0.6.x client branch - as well as the startup time and overhead from that client because it's lacking TONS of code changes that have happened upstream - but I'll maintain that branch until consensus moves us up to the 8.7.x branch (where we need to be) --

There are still issues with blockchain / network confusion - haven't quite figured out how I was hoping to address that just yet...

I'll bring the p2pool node back online eventually - just haven't gotten back to it with the updates I'm trying to get applied.

Repos:

XencoinCommunity 0.6.3.4 (https://github.com/thecarnie/XencoinCommunity)
Xencoin v0.8.7.3 (https://github.com/thecarnie/Xencoin) - TESTING/UNSTABLE/NOT FOR PRODUCTION
Both are accepting pull requests and code support --
Also available is the DNSSeeder code, p2pool code, and some other things - the bitpay/bitcore/insight repos are out of date - but it's a REALLY slick blockchain explorer when it runs right --

thecarnie

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 06:41:10 PM

Somehow, I forgot to post bootstrap.dat links --

I order to import via bootstrap.dat, you must place the file within your client's data storage directory.

Windows default: %APPDATA%/Xencoin
*nix default: ~/.xencoin
OS-X default: ~/Library/Application Support/Xencoin

When the client is started, it will auto-detect bootstrap.dat and import the blockchain.

When I tested this on both client versions I have, it worked without issue - but the older 0.6.3.x clients are slow as sin on import - most likely from lack of optimizations on SSE/SCRYPT that newer clients have (among other issues). 

When import is complete, bootstrap.dat is renamed bootstrap.dat.old (or something to that effect) - it can then be deleted.

Files are stored at Mega, in two archive formats - 7Zip (windows) and a gzipped tarball (*nix/OS-X)

xencoin-bootstrap-20150322.7z: https://mega.co.nz/#!YIZE3LZA!qBn37YIpBSyMlJFb6ZOrY0ObnHGVK4TM01G1f-J-Fr4
xencoin-bootstrap-20150322.tar.gz: https://mega.co.nz/#!tI5jVAjC!9qDn_rSg1AcNFXS4iDA8sZrJxWSDLWSh2QxQ6frDAb4
loveys

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 06:47:28 AM

Somehow, I forgot to post bootstrap.dat links --

I order to import via bootstrap.dat, you must place the file within your client's data storage directory.

Windows default: %APPDATA%/Xencoin
*nix default: ~/.xencoin
OS-X default: ~/Library/Application Support/Xencoin

When the client is started, it will auto-detect bootstrap.dat and import the blockchain.

When I tested this on both client versions I have, it worked without issue - but the older 0.6.3.x clients are slow as sin on import - most likely from lack of optimizations on SSE/SCRYPT that newer clients have (among other issues). 

When import is complete, bootstrap.dat is renamed bootstrap.dat.old (or something to that effect) - it can then be deleted.

Files are stored at Mega, in two archive formats - 7Zip (windows) and a gzipped tarball (*nix/OS-X)

xencoin-bootstrap-20150322.7z: https://mega.co.nz/#!YIZE3LZA!qBn37YIpBSyMlJFb6ZOrY0ObnHGVK4TM01G1f-J-Fr4
xencoin-bootstrap-20150322.tar.gz: https://mega.co.nz/#!tI5jVAjC!9qDn_rSg1AcNFXS4iDA8sZrJxWSDLWSh2QxQ6frDAb4

dead?

waves

▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄
         ▄█████▄   ▄██████▄
       ▄████████ ▄██████████▄
     ▄████████▀▄██████████████▄
   ▄████████▀▄████▀▄▄▄▀█████████▄
 ▄█████████ ████▀▄█████▄▀█████████▄
████████████▄▀▀▄█████████▄▀█████████
 ▀██████▀▄▄ ▀████████▄▀████▄▀█████▀
   ▀██▀▄████  ▀███▄▀███▄▀████▄▀█▀
     ▄████▀▄██▄ ▀███▄▀███▄▀██▀
      ▀█▀▄████▀▄▄ ▀███▄▀███▄
        ▀███▀▄████  ▀███▄▀▀
          ▀▄████▀▄██▄ ▀█▀
            ▀█▀▄████▀
              ▀███▀
.SMART.........
.CONTRACT..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

███████████████  ██▄
   ██           ██   ▀██
   ██           ██     ██
   ██           ██ ▐██████▌
   ██           ██ ▐█ ████▌
   ███████████████  ██ ███▌
   ███████▀███████   █████
   █████▀   ▀█████      █
   ███▀       ▀███      █
   ██▄         ▄██      █
   ████▄     ▄█████▄    █
   ██████▄ ▄██████ █    █
   ███████████████ ▀▄▄▄▄▀
   ███████████████
████████████████████
.NO....
.GAS..
▬▬▬▬▬

HIGH   
        SPEED

.MULTI-SIG WALLETS..
.ATOMIC SWAPS...........
.VOTINGS......................

.FREEZING......
.DAPPS AND....
.EVEN MORE...

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:03:32 AM

coins-e still have this coin
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:30:53 AM

coins-e still have this coin

coins-e have closed
El_Nickio

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:17:35 PM

Anyone still have their wallet running and synced?
basket ball

Activity: 970
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 02:34:30 PM

https://c-cex.com/?p=xnc-btc

....TRUEPLAY.io....♣ TRANSPARENT AND HONEST GAMBLING PLATFORM
PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018
♠ 30% DISCOUNT
    SITE
ANN THREAD
WALLET
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2016, 02:46:05 PM

not the same coin.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: