Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:17:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It is happening  (Read 616 times)
tpantlik (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:35:56 PM

http://www.sv411.com/index.php/2013/06/bitcoin-wallets-searched-feds/:

“There are a lot of amateurs in the market, I call them cyberpunks, they don’t understand currency or finance or even how governments look at currency,” said Kremen, adding that government analysts “are confident that cyberpunks are using anonymous money for criminal purposes or tax evasion unless they are on the fringe, believing virtual currencies to be the next Gold 3.0.”

So, if you are considering yourself a cyberpunk(er), you are a criminal. It remainds me the confusion of public with term "hacker", bended by dickheads in USA to scare their sheeps. It is all over again, this time it is aimed (probably) on cryptography. USE IT!!

Gods sent us a powerful tool - cryptography - to fight with those who are trying to exploit us. USE IT!!
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:37:40 PM

Man, Cyberpunks are back? They really gotta stop reviving the 80s.
tpantlik (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:48:45 PM

Man, Cyberpunks are back? They really gotta stop reviving the 80s.

I don't know if they are back, I never changed my heart on cyberpunk, I was allways cyberpunker even I don't look like one  Smiley

Gods sent us a powerful tool - cryptography - to fight with those who are trying to exploit us. USE IT!!
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:55:00 PM

So you're an author of sci-fi books?  Huh Wrote anything good?

Explanation: The word "cyberpunk" originally referred to a certain dystopian literaric genre as well as the small circle of authors defining the genre.

Then.... bad things happened and suddenly the term "cyberpunk" was applied to anything and everything most definitely related to pretty much everything BUT cyberpunk, like people with spiky hair and glowy clothes surfing the matrix inside the computer. That's not cyberpunk. That's glowy people surfing the matrix.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 02:58:16 PM

I'm kind of crapping my pants right now even though I don't live in the US. I wonder whether they can touch me in any way.

tpantlik (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:27:23 PM

Explanation: The word "cyberpunk" originally referred to a certain dystopian literaric genre as well as the small circle of authors defining the genre.

Then.... bad things happened and suddenly the term "cyberpunk" was applied to anything and everything most definitely related to pretty much everything BUT cyberpunk, like people with spiky hair and glowy clothes surfing the matrix inside the computer. That's not cyberpunk. That's glowy people surfing the matrix.

Sorry, my fault  Roll Eyes No, I am not author of sci-fi books, except the one which I was hesitate to release even for free (it was silly)

Now I look like an ignorat, gonna delete this thread.

ktttn

Activity: 126

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 12:39:40 PM

Is anyone not familiar with the term Cypherpunk?

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
tpantlik (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:22:04 PM

Is anyone not familiar with the term Cypherpunk?

Me, from the previous fiasco with cyberpunk, I dont know if I count as one or not.  Undecided

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:26:39 PM

who gives a shit about this cannon fodder. only idiots buy goverment planted stories and propaganda. sadly these idiots or sheeple as i call them comprise the majority.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 03:16:17 PM

Sorry, my fault  Roll Eyes No, I am not author of sci-fi books, except the one which I was hesitate to release even for free (it was silly)

Now I look like an ignorat, gonna delete this thread.

Don't delete, in your case you can't, though you can lock it, but don't. Due to you starting this thread, I learnt something today, as well as others who'll follow.

Bravo!
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 03:44:18 PM

http://www.sv411.com/index.php/2013/06/bitcoin-wallets-searched-feds/:

“There are a lot of amateurs in the market, I call them cyberpunks, they don’t understand currency or finance or even how governments look at currency,” said Kremen, adding that government analysts “are confident that cyberpunks are using anonymous money for criminal purposes or tax evasion unless they are on the fringe, believing virtual currencies to be the next Gold 3.0.”

So, if you are considering yourself a cyberpunk(er), you are a criminal. It remainds me the confusion of public with term "hacker", bended by dickheads in USA to scare their sheeps. It is all over again, this time it is aimed (probably) on cryptography. USE IT!!

Right now im boycotting USD. I encourage everyone to do the same Smiley

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: