Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:52:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TerraHash Order Queue and info  (Read 9083 times)
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:46:08 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 11:56:36 PM by mufa23

I don't mean to hijack this thread, come off as insulting or anything. designdream requested that I start a waiting list similar to the BFL one I did to help keep it organized and simple for everyone. So I started the ["WAIT LIST"] TerraHash Pre-Order Information thread as per request. Users are welcome to post over in that thread, and I will do my best to help keep it simple and near effortless for everyone. If it gets little to no activity and/or users want it removed, I can delete the thread.

-Mufa

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
pixl8tr

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:52:12 PM

Im rapping the refresh button since this morning in my email box hoping to have an email from THerrahash with information status on my order as he said so yesterday!

He said on the 21st.  Thats tomorrow- Friday   for North America residents.   Grin

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 01:42:31 AM

I don't mean to hijack this thread, come off as insulting or anything. designdream requested that I start a waiting list similar to the BFL one I did to help keep it organized and simple for everyone. So I started the ["WAIT LIST"] TerraHash Pre-Order Information thread as per request. Users are welcome to post over in that thread, and I will do my best to help keep it simple and near effortless for everyone. If it gets little to no activity and/or users want it removed, I can delete the thread.

-Mufa

This is the same as https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiyRS_8Y_814dGM0cU5KdFJTVlpWeG9LSDJKYnNmMkE&usp=sharing correct except in thread form?
Essentially, I think. I've never used Google Docs before, so I may be reading it wrong. But it looks like this is more of a measurement of chip count rather than tracking when orders are made and the day that they arrive. I basically want people to get a general idea when they will receive X item if they order on X date. As well as a bit of detail about the orders as to explain why certain orders take longer or shorter to arrive. Sort of like how users are getting their BFL Jalapenos now, but older orders with Singles are taking longer. It also helps keep a company in check and responsible. Sort of like how everyone dissed BFL for taking 11 months to ship so many orders. Without a list, many wouldn't have known how much of an issue it was.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
angelus359

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:29:17 AM

I actually made and had failed/canceled 6 orders 1112 and below

I don't remember their exact numbers, unfortunately.

All of them were 16 chip orders. Paypal was derping.

Eventually at 1142 I got a 64 chip order in.
angelus359

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:43:44 AM

I'm trying to understand that google doc.

I have order 1112 according to my user name in that.

I'm a bit confused how that chart works.

I ordered 64 chips. Between the order before me, and the order after, it's not 64.
Omen1855

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Entrepreneur

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 02:48:09 AM

Order 976 paypal indicates as payed, but had to go through some ID proof since I am abroad. That's all resolved, but terrahash lists my order as refunded. Additionally paypal is investigating the transaction on terrahash's part. All very confusing now...

Order is a dx large @90gh.

Affiliation code wTksie2mDj for a 10% discount on your trading fees on BitFinex
Cryptoin

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:05:59 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2013, 03:28:22 AM by Cryptoin

-Mufa

This is the same as https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiyRS_8Y_814dGM0cU5KdFJTVlpWeG9LSDJKYnNmMkE&usp=sharing correct except in thread form?
Essentially, I think. I've never used Google Docs before, so I may be reading it wrong. But it looks like this is more of a measurement of chip count rather than tracking when orders are made and the day that they arrive. I basically want people to get a general idea when they will receive X item if they order on X date. As well as a bit of detail about the orders as to explain why certain orders take longer or shorter to arrive. Sort of like how users are getting their BFL Jalapenos now, but older orders with Singles are taking longer. It also helps keep a company in check and responsible. Sort of like how everyone dissed BFL for taking 11 months to ship so many orders. Without a list, many wouldn't have known how much of an issue it was.

Yeah the intention of this sheet was to predict whether your order will fall into the initial 20,000 chips that Terrahash is receiving by looking at the data provided and making assumptions for every order that we don't have information for (this gets pretty tricky since apparently the ordering system randomly jumps numbers i.e. one order may be 100 and the next is 107).  Based on whether your order falls in the initial 20,000 chip batch you can predict when you can expect to see your order.  Your thread is more of a long term tracking tool which is also very useful but I don't want to commit to manually entering every order that comes in for the next ever.

A better method may be to use a google spreadsheet and entry form that way people can just enter their own information and it will automatically populate the sheet.  I probably should do this for the current spreadsheet too or just combine them all into one database.  I'll take a look at it further when I get a few hours.
Cryptoin

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:27:17 AM

I'm trying to understand that google doc.

I have order 1112 according to my user name in that.

I'm a bit confused how that chart works.

I ordered 64 chips. Between the order before me, and the order after, it's not 64.

So order 1112 is cancelled then and you placed a 64 chip paid order under 1142?  As far as the other cancelled orders please check your account and let me know what the order #s are so I can update them.

The thing you want to look at on the sheet is if your order falls under the 20,000 chip mark (i.e. it is green or yellow).  You probably shouldn't pay attention to the columns off to the right.  The most likely predictions are column B and C.  Column B is the worst case scenario (All unpaid orders are paid for) and Column C is the best case scenario (All unpaid orders are cancelled). 

Right now it appears the best case is that up to order 700 is in the first 20,000 chips.  Worst case is 600. 

What this means is that since your order does not fall within the first 20,000 chips it will be built with the chip order they just placed which according to Terrahash will only come in about 2 weeks later than their initial 20,000 chip order even though the latest order was placed almost a month and a half after their first chip order.
Cryptoin

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:54:31 AM

So I was tooling around with the sheet and decided to start a better database with an input form.  Eventually I will try to combine the existing chip estimation sheet to feed off the database but this is more for long term order tracking purposes.  The link to the input form is below and I will likely add it to my sig as well.  Check it out and let me know if you think there is anything I should add or change.  The database itself can be viewed in the same spreadsheet on page 2.

Terrahash Order Database Input Form

Cryptoin

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:00:47 AM

BTW is there a way to embed HTML in posts here?  If so I can just start a new topic and embed the form right in it.

Also if there are other people trustworthy, willing and familair with excel and/or google docs that are interested in helping maintain this stuff let me know and I can add you as a collaborator.
Cryptoin

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:14:05 PM

So I've added a sheet where users can leave updates, questions and comments right in the order tracking workbook.  If you have any problems editing it let me know.  Also if you haven't submitted your order information via the submission form please do so as this database will be much better for long term tracking of orders and providing further analytics.

The form is linked below and in my sig.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fbmA05bCiiQlHJcO6m60Uk45Os5nyC3XOYTKRSRrfm8/viewform

I also will be generating a new topic that lays this process/information out a bit better and will be in the OP instead of spread all across this thread.
duke1839

Activity: 143
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:28:40 PM

So I've added a sheet where users can leave updates, questions and comments right in the order tracking workbook.  If you have any problems editing it let me know.  Also if you haven't submitted your order information via the submission form please do so as this database will be much better for long term tracking of orders and providing further analytics.

The form is linked below and in my sig.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fbmA05bCiiQlHJcO6m60Uk45Os5nyC3XOYTKRSRrfm8/viewform

I also will be generating a new topic that lays this process/information out a bit better and will be in the OP instead of spread all across this thread.

Cryptoin, you've done some amazing work for everyone who ordered from Terrahash.  If you post a BTC address I wouldn't mind sending you a little something for your efforts.  I encourage everyone else who ordered from Terrrahash and uses his spreadsheet to do the same.

1839REgeNTM2b84byywinp3BjtWdEqw27x
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:43:07 AM

Cryptoin, you've done some amazing work for everyone who ordered from Terrahash.  If you post a BTC address I wouldn't mind sending you a little something for your efforts.  I encourage everyone else who ordered from Terrrahash and uses his spreadsheet to do the same.

It's in his sig, and not a bad idea  Smiley
duke1839

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:48:03 AM

It's in his sig, and not a bad idea  Smiley

Can't see it.  The bottom of his sig is cut off.

massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:49:32 AM

Quote from: cryptoin
If you find my posts helpful...  BTC: 1QDbQgaeCvhyy4yLKbEKBWuFp9HBAnBFPz - LTC: LX4ZGhT9S159nJmpLvXQTK7ByqMBMctXxU
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:50:02 AM

So has anyone been given a delivery estimate by TerraHash?
Silvas

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:12:49 AM

So has anyone been given a delivery estimate by TerraHash?

We will be canceling at 6pm today, all wire-transfer orders placed on Tuesday, for which we don't receive a wire by today evening. Only in very rare cases (mostly where the wire is coming from out of the country) we will restore orders if the wire comes in on Monday or Tuesday. All other wires coming next week will be returned. We also won't change shipping address and/or email addresses associated with an account (except for rare cases). We will compile all the order data during the weekend, and on Monday we will send out an email to all the customers letting them know whether their order falls within the first batch of 20,000 chips or the 2nd batch.

Monday now seems to be the target date for more info - that's going to be whether we are in the first batch of 20k chips or not; I don't think it's actually going to be a delivery estimate
Honestly a delivery estimate is completely and utterly premature right now - there's too many things that can and probably will change delivery targets (avalon delivering chips on time, board reworks needed as problems are identified, holdups in the firmware/driver development process)
I'd be perfectly happy with knowing what batch my order is in (first 10k, second 10k, the latest 20k order or beyond) and having them go back to work but supply us with regular and timely updates in a centralized location (either this board, email blasts, or their site) on how the development/testing process is going (say once or twice a week)
duke1839

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:19:04 AM

Quote from: cryptoin
If you find my posts helpful...  BTC: 1QDbQgaeCvhyy4yLKbEKBWuFp9HBAnBFPz - LTC: LX4ZGhT9S159nJmpLvXQTK7ByqMBMctXxU

Thanks, it actually shows up on my laptop but is cutoff on the iPad

Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:10:50 AM

If we are in the second 20k batch, is it worth it to go through with the order or to find a different route to purchase chips and send them in to be completed with the first batch? Any thoughts on this?
Silvas

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:32:44 AM

If we are in the second 20k batch, is it worth it to go through with the order or to find a different route to purchase chips and send them in to be completed with the first batch? Any thoughts on this?

well the 2nd 20k batch has already been ordered, so getting in on a group buy at this point would be no better.  If you could find someone willing to sell their chips from an early group buy then it might be worth it, but the only people I've seen re-selling their chips have been going at a 100% or higher markup from what they paid (which is around a 10% markup from what the group buy organizer paid)

you're gonna end up paying around $20 per chip or more buying someone else's early group buy chips.  On even a 16 chip board that comes out to 320 for chips, plus 90 for assembly, plus shipping chips to you, from you to terrahash, and then shipping of the completed board back to you
you're talking about $420+ for a 16 chip board, that kills return profitability just as much as getting the board later
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: