Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:32:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Banks offering only 1.3% interest rates for Savings Account  (Read 2304 times)
bongnor531

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:49:53 PM

I think it is more or less the same here, not very enticing. Obviously, crypto investment can produce much higher rates, but you also have to count in the risk in those investments

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fitrilalala

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:47:31 PM

I went to my bank today to change money to foreign currency because I will be traveling abroad soon. I asked the lady what are the current annual interest rates if you decide to give your money to bank for certain period of time without being able to withdraw that money (Savings Account).
She said proudly that zhe interest rate is 1.3% which is the highest in the country. I was holding my laugh and smiled kindly to her and I said that even 1.3% is not enough for me.
What do you guys think? I think 1.3% per year is a joke. Money can lose that much value in one year so you didn't actually profit at all. What kind of interets rates do you get at your banks?
well in my country indonesia you might got quiet good interst, its 4-6,5% for certain ammount of time. Its good and decent interest i think.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:33:12 PM

I think it is more or less the same here, not very enticing. Obviously, crypto investment can produce much higher rates, but you also have to count in the risk in those investments
i think interest offered by banks is less attractive, so it's a loss if we save money in bank. it is better indeed for investment, because interest is less than inflation that occurs
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:40:13 AM

I guess you're lucky of you can have a 1.3% per annum interest rate in your savings account on your bank. These days i see less than one percent per annum. That is why i just use banks as a sort of wallet to be withdrawn and be used for something more substantial like trading. Essentially, putting my money in a bank and letting it sleep isn't worling for me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:31:01 AM

It is different from country to country and banks deposit interest is very low but it is zero risky way so due to that  the income is very low but if we look overall investments like in risky projects outcome is high but you will bear some risk and for me crypto investment is more than any other form of investment for those who does not like risk banks is good for them.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:52:43 AM

I don't trust banks... I never did. I never liked to give my money only to be told when and where to use it. Plus putting your money in a bank means your money will just sleep and not earn any substantial amount. So what i did is i invested on something worth while. Businesses, crypto currency and others. That is how money works for you

Alfiehob

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:02:14 PM

I guess you're lucky of you can have a 1.3% per annum interest rate in your savings account on your bank. These days i see less than one percent per annum. That is why i just use banks as a sort of wallet to be withdrawn and be used for something more substantial like trading. Essentially, putting my money in a bank and letting it sleep isn't worling for me.
Yeah of course, he is lucky and I think he is American, because as I know no other place in the world is giving such good profit on saving account. I think that people in this country will think a lot while withdrawing money from banks. In my country, the system is different. Here banks will never let you make money from your savings. They will use your money for their benefits and not for you.
anhhung409

Activity: 318

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:33:16 PM

I think that number is a madness. It's really tiny. In my country, the savings interest rate is about 7% a year and I still think it is not worth the money and time that I will spend. So, I always choose to invest because it will help you earn more money in a short period of time although there is something to risk.

dat.ho12492

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 02:29:31 PM

I don't trust banks... I never did. I never liked to give my money only to be told when and where to use it. Plus putting your money in a bank means your money will just sleep and not earn any substantial amount. So what i did is i invested on something worth while. Businesses, crypto currency and others. That is how money works for you
I still believe the bank but at least I will not send too much money into the bank because you have said, our money will sleep when in the bank, although we do not have to lose, but people always want more money, no one accept their money so weak. Banks have too many activities and plans to deploy, they can not bring into full play the advantages and efficiency of our money, their competence is dispersed while we focus solely on development, money will be more effective when in our hands

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:31:36 PM

Saving money in banks return small value as interest rate hence business wise its better to invest such a money in other profitable things especially cryptos whose values can be 100x 1000x etc obviously in a few years time people will prefers hodling there fund in digital whose values will appreciate considerable due to massive patronage and adoption.
Tervelatuk

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:55:01 AM

Saving money in banks return small value as interest rate hence business wise its better to invest such a money in other profitable things especially cryptos whose values can be 100x 1000x etc obviously in a few years time people will prefers hodling there fund in digital whose values will appreciate considerable due to massive patronage and adoption.
if compare interest from saving in bank and investing in crypto or stock market definetly different. bank only give small interest caused they guarantee all of our money, meanwhile in crypto no one could do this.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 01:20:29 AM

I went to my bank today to change money to foreign currency because I will be traveling abroad soon. I asked the lady what are the current annual interest rates if you decide to give your money to bank for certain period of time without being able to withdraw that money (Savings Account).
She said proudly that zhe interest rate is 1.3% which is the highest in the country. I was holding my laugh and smiled kindly to her and I said that even 1.3% is not enough for me.
What do you guys think? I think 1.3% per year is a joke. Money can lose that much value in one year so you didn't actually profit at all. What kind of interets rates do you get at your banks?
I think here in my country banks offers the same interest rate if I am not mistaken but as a crypto enthusiast I don't think I am interested with that interest rate for now. One thing is that I don't even have a savings account yet but I am still planning to get one soon if ever I have got some funds from crypto related job. As a bounty hunter gains are unstable so that is why I am focused on crypto rather than having accounts on banks.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:05:45 AM

1.3% is a joke, i don't think the value will be higer later on due to inflation. If we compared it to bitcoin then surely you can get better value for your money by putting your money into bitcoin. But why is the rate in your country so small and that's the highest? in my country you can get up to 5% for local currency and about 1% for dollar.

you are right, it is like having a low interest for such a long period, as they say, slowly but surely, but due to its term, there are no assurance that the amount of interest will be the same when it reached its maturity, that is why it is more acceptable to invest in bitcoin, there waiting period is not that long because of the volatility, that is why lot of investors are eyeing on crypto instead of investing in banks, though risky, the returns of investment is shorter than of banks

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:25:27 AM

WOuld you mind telling us from what region was that?Or specific country?Damn thats a fucking low man

1.3 per annum is a suicidal investment and even i am from asian I cant imagine that someone is having that difficulties in their own money that entrusted from banks

Maybe  if thats the case,this will favor cryptocurrency community as people from that region will surely transfer their money to crypto and may have good enough income per annum,what you think guys?
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:29:51 AM

1.3% is a joke, i don't think the value will be higer later on due to inflation. If we compared it to bitcoin then surely you can get better value for your money by putting your money into bitcoin. But why is the rate in your country so small and that's the highest? in my country you can get up to 5% for local currency and about 1% for dollar.

you are right, it is like having a low interest for such a long period, as they say, slowly but surely, but due to its term, there are no assurance that the amount of interest will be the same when it reached its maturity, that is why it is more acceptable to invest in bitcoin, there waiting period is not that long because of the volatility, that is why lot of investors are eyeing on crypto instead of investing in banks, though risky, the returns of investment is shorter than of banks
saving in a bank is not the right way to make a profit. i think it's better to use it as needed. with such low interest, it is more suitable for investment such as properti or cryptocurrency, if we will put a large amount of funds

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
super5star

Activity: 313

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:40:14 AM

i think interest offered by banks is less attractive, so it's a loss if we save money in bank. it is better indeed for investment, because interest is less than inflation that occurs
1.3% is very good price. In my country, banks only give .8% income on saving accounts. That is the main reason that people are withdrawing their money from banks and putting in cryptocurrency. The main thing is that cryptocurrency is more profitable than banks, although it is also very risky and banks are safe and are responsible but still people want to invest in cryptocurrency.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 02:19:13 PM

If banks are even offering that huge interest rate, would we really have been complaining and apparently that would have even helped increase the amount of people that tend to save over the years.

From my own side, I even get deducted for some bullshit services I did not even ask for rather than being given any interest on my savings and which is one of the reasons I have seen banks as shit holes where you save money, no benefit, nothing is guaranteed as you can even lose your money and then you are being controlled on how you want to spent your own goddamn earned money.

Hence, thankful for this decentralized space and God bless Satoshi, whoever he is or they are.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 03:14:09 AM

Banks are in demand because it is not only a safe place to save but there are profitable bcoz of interest that what they say? whereas fiat money that you save in the bank is very susceptible to inflation, you can lose even if you get the interest, if told to choose of course I would rather keep the long term in gold..
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:17:41 AM

Banks are in demand because it is not only a safe place to save but there are profitable bcoz of interest that what they say? whereas fiat money that you save in the bank is very susceptible to inflation, you can lose even if you get the interest, if told to choose of course I would rather keep the long term in gold..
It's funny tho that your money will be depreciate with 2% per year and that's more bigger than the interest you may get in banks. Huh
Are we been deceive? Hell yeah.

However, I still don't consider gold as an investment since it's a hot item for thieves so somehow you're risking not just your money but your life. ( even considering a vault )

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:31:31 AM

WOuld you mind telling us from what region was that?Or specific country?Damn thats a fucking low man

1.3 per annum is a suicidal investment and even i am from asian I cant imagine that someone is having that difficulties in their own money that entrusted from banks

Maybe  if thats the case,this will favor cryptocurrency community as people from that region will surely transfer their money to crypto and may have good enough income per annum,what you think guys?
I really would want to know the region myself looking at the fact that from where I hail from, banks even take from you rather than giving you anything. If they are not deducting some bullshit charges for SMS, they are deducting on some maintenance whatsoever, and they keep making shit tons of money on my savings, with no benefit.

Well, they have gotten served what they deserve with the decentralized space now, and let us see how they want to keep up with the competition upcoming in the long run. This is actually the main reason why the real believers will always want cryptocurrency to thrive knowing how things have been with banks over the years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: