Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:25:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you make money if bitcoin/altcoin prices keep falling?  (Read 1624 times)
HailTrader

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:41:58 PM

Do not sell your position, just hold it and wait until prices bounce back. Volatility of price place high risk/reward. Proper timing and a bit of luck I guess. I too cut-loss sometimes between 10-15% but that rarely happens. I always trust my gut that soon there will be an uptrend and if it happens, I exit. Trading is not for the emotional and faint-hearted, it can break your will and test your patience.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:55:03 AM

I don't know much about stocks but i know that in stocks if you think certain stocks will fall, you can short them and make money.  However with bitcoin/altcoin, can you short or is that not possible?  Also isn't it true shorting is very dangerous because you can lose a lot more shorting than investing in bitcoin/altcoin?

I know when prices drop, that is when you want to buy because you want to buy low and sell high.  So what would be the strategy if bitcoin/altcoin stays the same or keeps dropping etc?  Thus its all red and stays that way?  Of course you could buy... then wait till it goes back up and sell to make profit.  But you don't know how long that would that or it could possibly not and keep going down etc.  I understand that if you want to daytrade, well you buy it at certain price then sell at certain price to lock in profit.  Thus if prices go higher and you bought earlier, you will make profit if you sell.  But besides buying the coin at low prices, you aren't making any money at the moment. 

So what do daytraders do then?  Thus daytraders are on the computer looking at the markets all the time etc.  So if everything keeps going down, how do they make money?  If prices keep dropping for a long time, then there is no money to be made right?  Or is there?  Because what do daytraders do if the market prices keep going down etc?  Sure you can buy a lot of coins at cheap prices but you don't know how long it would take to go back up etc. 
when the price of bitcoin/altcoins is down its also good if you think hard because you can invest in that time then sell it when the price grow that's the cycle here.You can lose but the chance for profit is big so you need only to wait to sell it in right time.I think if you already invest in some coins lose or wait you need to understand that risky things
Shorting might be profitable or not which would depend on when did you able to buy your coins.If you do see that theres a possible pullback or bearish trend then selling out for sure profits would be recommended but if it turns out that you are on negative profits then it would depend to you if you would cut loss or risk it to hold and wait for recovery. Making money mostly do happen on accumulating cheap coins.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 03:56:14 AM

There are sites where you can do shorting but it is only recommended to traders who understand it because once you sell and the price goes up then you can lose your investment in just one swoop. Many professional traders are doing this saying that they earn more money in shorting because price drops drastically but when it is going up it is slow. Some cut their losses and find a possible support if you want to do the buy low and sell high trading. They just buy more at the possible bottom to average down so that the target price to profit would be lower. Because of the crypto volatility, some prefer holding their coins and just wait for it to go up and never sell in a loss and you will only be comfortable doing this if the coin has a viable project because if it is just one of those sh*tcoins then maybe you might want to sell your position and find a coin for long term hodl.

zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:33:08 AM

Do not sell your position, just hold it and wait until prices bounce back. Volatility of price place high risk/reward. Proper timing and a bit of luck I guess. I too cut-loss sometimes between 10-15% but that rarely happens. I always trust my gut that soon there will be an uptrend and if it happens, I exit. Trading is not for the emotional and faint-hearted, it can break your will and test your patience.
If the prices are falling one should not be discouraged as it may be a temporary phase. Bitcoin is a established currency it will go up. Some educational institutions have accepted the Bitcoin as a fee. With the passage of time it will come more popular in the market and its prices will go high. If you want to go for trading invest in bitcoin, be committed to your trading and be patient.
Icaxx

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:37:30 AM

Keep buying when price going down. I know crypto trading is not the same with forex or stock or other that we made money though price is keep going down. Daytrader just watch the market if keep going down.
ArIMy11

Activity: 519
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:41:53 AM

I don't know much about stocks but i know that in stocks if you think certain stocks will fall, you can short them and make money.  However with bitcoin/altcoin, can you short or is that not possible?  Also isn't it true shorting is very dangerous because you can lose a lot more shorting than investing in bitcoin/altcoin?

I know when prices drop, that is when you want to buy because you want to buy low and sell high.  So what would be the strategy if bitcoin/altcoin stays the same or keeps dropping etc?  Thus its all red and stays that way?  Of course you could buy... then wait till it goes back up and sell to make profit.  But you don't know how long that would that or it could possibly not and keep going down etc.  I understand that if you want to daytrade, well you buy it at certain price then sell at certain price to lock in profit.  Thus if prices go higher and you bought earlier, you will make profit if you sell.  But besides buying the coin at low prices, you aren't making any money at the moment. 

So what do daytraders do then?  Thus daytraders are on the computer looking at the markets all the time etc.  So if everything keeps going down, how do they make money?  If prices keep dropping for a long time, then there is no money to be made right?  Or is there?  Because what do daytraders do if the market prices keep going down etc?  Sure you can buy a lot of coins at cheap prices but you don't know how long it would take to go back up etc. 

I have that told me to buy coins when the price is low and sell it when its price pump even though we do not know how long will it takes to pump again. But I get your point. What if it keeps down and down? I also ask myself about it. Maybe the right thing to do is to first analyze the previous prices of the coin you / we are targetinf to buy or invest. I have altcoins from my campaigns but it takes a long time to rise its price. Now I look on the other side, I see bitcoin even thoygh it drops , it still pump up so fast so think bitcoin is good thing to buy and invest. Then I try it and luckily I am earning as its price rise from day to day.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:16:33 PM

when someone who feels panicked they will not care to sell their coins immediately, they think to bear a little bit of a loss than to get big losses, they tend to think not to back up, so they do the panic selling
The thing is that the prices will not keep falling forever and would definitely rise back up at some point. However, if it is something that shows a huge sign of falling the more and I am sure of that from all angle, probably from the news, then I can exchange half of them with USDT and then buy back in when I am sure it is good enough.

The irony of panic selling is no doubt to save yourself not from getting more loss. The thing is we never know what will happen in the coming days. In addition to this, things don’t remain the same all the time. You should always hope for the best and you need to prepare yourself for the worst. This is the only thing which can help you in making wise decisions at tough time. Remain vigilant all the time.
Preparing oneself for the worst is really what everyone should still always put in mind in as much as we are very optimistic. This is the reason I keep looking at those who said they are going all in on bitcoin. Preparing that anything crazy could happen at any point in as much as you believe that you can make so much gain is what would always make one play safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: