Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:04:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Iota's total coin supply is Too much..  (Read 346 times)
Lucacrebbe (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:40:36 PM

Hello  what  do you think about   iota 's  supply?  With  that  big  ammount  of  coin  how  can this  even  make  a x5?  I  think  it's  impossible  to get value even in the remote case it  could be  a  succsessfull  project, because the total coin supply is too much.
What do you think about  this  consideration?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alishawaiz

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:48:37 PM

may be they burn few coins later...just a thought.
pjhom

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:54:41 PM

When you buy one iota you are buying 1 million iota.  Their intention is to bring connectivity to everything, lightbulbs, cars, etc.  To do this they need a big supply.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 04:55:39 PM

Hello  what  do you think about   iota 's  supply?  With  that  big  ammount  of  coin  how  can this  even  make  a x5?  I  think  it's  impossible  to get value even in the remote case it  could be  a  succsessfull  project, because the total coin supply is too much.

What is the market for microtransactions? For machine-to-machine transactions? Smart contracts? I would put that at trillions, so a lot of room to move, even if it doesn't capture the majority of the market. I think your analysis is based on greater fool's logic, which is simply how many greater fools do I think will latch onto this project in a pump--by that logic, anything in the top ten doesn't look appealing.

Didin

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:57:21 PM

the strong community and smart dev behind this project is the key, the community that always supporting this project
so there is no problem with a lot of supply from this IOTA

Sonata.ai      The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────               JOIN WHITELIST               ──────────

WHITEPAPER      ●      FACEBOOK      ●      TWITTER      ●      LINKEDIN      ●      TELEGRAM      ●      MEDIUM      ●      ANN THREAD
GUI_Center

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:51:09 PM

Maybe some coins are more than just a value? Have you actually looked into IOTA and their whitepaper/roadmap? The plan is to use IOTA for IoT devices. Do you realize how many billions of them there will be? Please do some research before posting FUD like this.

BiTZeD

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:58:48 PM

What is the market for microtransactions? For machine-to-machine transactions? Smart contracts? I would put that at trillions, so a lot of room to move, even if it doesn't capture the majority of the market. I think your analysis is based on greater fool's logic, which is simply how many greater fools do I think will latch onto this project in a pump--by that logic, anything in the top ten doesn't look appealing.

IOTA is not a crypto-currency, or well, if it is one, it is a bad one, because as OP pointed it out, the total supply is way too big. However as a micro-transaction tool, it is good, because the transaction cost is really cheap.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: