Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:33:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Island Boot Camp  (Read 3568 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:24:41 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 06:18:28 PM by benjamindees

Come spend a few days camping out and testing the technologies to be used to colonize Bitcoin Island.

When: July 18th-20th
Where: Outside Tulsa
Cost: 3 BTC total, 0.5 BTC non-refundable deposit
Registration Deadline: July 10th

This "dry run" event will take place in a controlled environment, near a large city.  But you should be physically prepared for a realistic experience.  This will include working in hot (100°+) temperatures to construct temporary shelter.

Meals are included.  You will need to bring a tent and a sleeping pad or hammock, along with a swimsuit, boots and suitable clothes for 3 days / 2 nights.

Participation is limited.  You will be asked to sign a non-disclosure / limited non-compete agreement.

(Stupidity in this thread will be deleted.)

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:27:22 PM

Is it ok to ask why it costs so much?

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:29:18 PM

Is it ok to ask why it costs so much?

Part will be used for food, part for supplies, part because it's a nice round number.  I'm only looking for people who are seriously interested, and so far that's the going market rate.

Inedible

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:32:25 PM

When you say technologies, what do you mean?

Also, isn't an NDA/non-compete against the open nature of Bitcoin?

No-one begrudges a Bitcoin business it's proprietary business methods but Bitcoin Island seems to be about building a new society that uses Bitcoin at it's core; one that embraces it's openness.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:33:47 PM

Physical technologies will be disclosed once the island is settled.  Information technologies some time after that.

Inedible

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:34:51 PM

Physical technologies will be disclosed once the island is settled.  Information technologies some time after that.

Is this proprietary technology that people will need to buy to 'settle' in the community you're building?

Jozzaboy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:38:01 PM

There is something ever so slightly 'run for profit, lots of it' about this. 3 BTC to stay on some land, in a tent to learn about some tech?

BTC: 16whd9eNR8WY9nVhUUevNYMbQB2eS1jtYF
I also accept precious metals, no paper money please.
CoinEntropy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Metacoin Enthusiast

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:54:36 PM

No one has to be a troll. Just provide more details that would entice people for this opportunity. Shouldn't be a problem if you're serious, OP.

Hey.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:13:34 AM

we should invite people to a bitcoin island and make some kinds of survival reality game show sponsored by bitcoin services. For example, there could be a stage that participants have to play satoshidice (if they are one of the sponsors), losing their pants and shirts if broke, whoever tripple their capitals are to proceed to the next stage, etc, and broadcast the show on internet.
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:45:37 AM

Just to make it explicitly clear, if you quote from deleted posts made by the one person in this thread who obviously has no idea what this thread is about, who (due to his apparent status as an "investor") refuses to do even basic research into the Bitcoin Island project, and who continues to ask stupid questions like asking me to "verify my involvement" in this project, your posts will also be deleted with prejudice.

There is something ever so slightly 'run for profit, lots of it' about this. 3 BTC to stay on some land, in a tent to learn about some tech?

At the moment, there is a limit of 10 participants.  If you think 30 BTC is "lots of profit," I'm not sure what to tell you other than "move out of your parents' basement."

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:19:00 AM

For some background, ...

Bitcoin Island
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82060.0

The thread is locked though (  Huh ).

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Inedible

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:39:27 AM

For some background, ...

Bitcoin Island

I have a lot more questions about this project but I get the feeling my questions aren't going to be answered so I'll gracefully leave this thread.

If I can't ascertain whether OP's intent is good or not I can't in good conscience pretend that it's a good idea.

For anyone else still on this thread, good luck but make sure you do your due diligence.

benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:17:25 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 04:41:28 PM by benjamindees

Is this proprietary technology that people will need to buy to 'settle' in the community you're building?

This is technology that makes Bitcoin Island possible, yes.

For some background, ...

Bitcoin Island

This is the most recent thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=183045.0

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:52:17 PM

This is a great idea and I hope it is properly documented in video form.
TomUnderSea

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:22:19 PM

I'm trying to figure out what Tulsa OK has to do with an island, anywhere.

Oklahoma is a bit flat, fairly dry and not known for it's island like climate.  How this would have any connection to a "Bitcoin Island" anywhere on Earth is a bit of a mystery.

Every little BTC helps.  14P3TfbttSpQ3BxUjwrUrmNU6F4mB9aMS5
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 05:45:07 PM

Oklahoma is a bit flat, fairly dry and not known for it's island like climate.  How this would have any connection to a "Bitcoin Island" anywhere on Earth is a bit of a mystery.

In middle of nowhere, far from civilization and comfortable living.

Plus it is likely that OP lives near there or owns the site, hence the location.  I have looked into island rentals. They would cost much more than the 30 BTC being collected.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
TomUnderSea

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:47:22 PM

In middle of nowhere, far from civilization and comfortable living.

Plus it is likely that OP lives near there or owns the site, hence the location.  I have looked into island rentals. They would cost much more than the 30 BTC being collected.

Far from any large body of water is the fact I'm looking at.  Gonna practice fishing in the prairie?

Every little BTC helps.  14P3TfbttSpQ3BxUjwrUrmNU6F4mB9aMS5
legitnick

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 09:14:51 PM

Hmm.. 0.5 BTC non refundable whys that?

Sounds really fishy to me..

And the "experiance" sounds completely retarded and not intising for anyone to join.

I mean who wants to pay 3 bitcoins to go to some place and meet some strangers just to set up a tent and learn about "colonizing a bitcoin island"

Im not sure if this OP is even being serious, but if he is gotta be on the top 10 list of all time scam fails.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:23:25 PM

If any non-sockpuppet actually pays the $350 without more information given, please notify me. I still have the bridges.
legitnick

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 09:58:22 PM

If any non-sockpuppet actually pays the $350 without more information given, please notify me. I still have the bridges.

Haha, id fall for buying your bridges before falling for this.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: