Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:00:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KUCOIN Scam???  (Read 1160 times)
chilly9876 (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 07:19:49 PM

I've been using Kucoin to trade NEBLIO a few days now. Since last night it seems they have started faking trades to push the price/volume up.

Don't believe me? Try this..

Goto NEBL/ETH on Kucoin
Put in a buy order of 1 higher than the top buy order, eg if top buy order is 0.013117 you put yours at 0.013118
Within a minute there will be two trades completed 1 higher than yours at 0.013119, one will be double figures like 45nebls worth and one triple figures like 110 Nebls worth

The completed trades seem completely fake and always follow the same pattern. Don't worry your trade shouldn't go through as there will be no real buyers for yours.

Jincor
Genuinely simple smart contracts and cryptocurrency transactions for any business
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Whitepaper FacebookTwitterTelegramLinkedin
Jincor ICO 15th of November, 2017[/center
disam

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:25:59 PM

could be a bot trading?
chilly9876 (OP)

Activity: 246

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 07:37:44 PM

No bot trading as the buys are always .1 above the top bidder and always within a minute of top bid. For a bot to trade there must be a seller, there isn't.

Jincor
Genuinely simple smart contracts and cryptocurrency transactions for any business
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Whitepaper FacebookTwitterTelegramLinkedin
Jincor ICO 15th of November, 2017[/center
SL18

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:57:23 PM

I don't think its a scam but I've witnessed that as well on KNC
cxt07

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:34:34 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2017, 12:56:58 PM by cxt07

I like the exchange but this is very annoying like a cat and mouse game, have something wanted to buy this morning and it keeps making a buy wall right above my buy,  i will never over pay for any alt shit coin so this might not be the right exchange for me.
alexey8080

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:17:03 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2017, 09:27:32 PM by alexey8080

Yes, I also noticed this at NEO/ETH.
Looks like they want to increase the volume.
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:11:52 PM

I tried trading RPX on Kucoin and haven't noticed anything suspicious. Yes, sometimes people set the higher of lower price by 1 decimal just to be in front of others, if they wan't to sell/buy their tokens ASAP. And even if you see unusual trading on some pares is doesn't mean that this exchange is a SCAM.

SL18

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:51:42 PM

I tried trading RPX on Kucoin and haven't noticed anything suspicious. Yes, sometimes people set the higher of lower price by 1 decimal just to be in front of others, if they wan't to sell/buy their tokens ASAP. And even if you see unusual trading on some pares is doesn't mean that this exchange is a SCAM.

I think what he is referring too are "fake" transaction which happen to be the minimum decimal above the asking or bidding price. I think they want to increase volume as it doesn't happen with RPX but does with KNC which has super low volume.
uobaaagrf

Activity: 97

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:00:36 PM

I think what he is referring too are "fake" transaction which happen to be the minimum decimal above the asking or bidding price. I think they want to increase volume as it doesn't happen with RPX but does with KNC which has super low volume.
If it's not a robot transaction, I think the big probability is that the exchange's artificial data falsification, maliciously pull high altcoin price.
To be honest, this kind of approach has been a problem for almost two or more exchanges, but the evidence is hard to come by.But you have to be careful.

sheilamaydelarosa

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:02:23 PM

I think they just want to sell their coins as fast as possible
SL18

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:35:27 PM

If it's not a robot transaction, I think the big probability is that the exchange's artificial data falsification, maliciously pull high altcoin price.
To be honest, this kind of approach has been a problem for almost two or more exchanges, but the evidence is hard to come by.But you have to be careful.

What happens is in the transaction log, a sale or buy will be listed at 0.0001 above the bidding or asking price. Problem is it was NEVER in the book order... I've witnessed it way to many times for it to be a coincidence.
Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:11:21 PM

I've been using Kucoin to trade NEBLIO a few days now. Since last night it seems they have started faking trades to push the price/volume up.

Don't believe me? Try this..

Goto NEBL/ETH on Kucoin
Put in a buy order of 1 higher than the top buy order, eg if top buy order is 0.013117 you put yours at 0.013118
Within a minute there will be two trades completed 1 higher than yours at 0.013119, one will be double figures like 45nebls worth and one triple figures like 110 Nebls worth

The completed trades seem completely fake and always follow the same pattern. Don't worry your trade shouldn't go through as there will be no real buyers for yours.

Kucoin for me actually new to me and I never use it this time, but there is one I heard that one of the successfull ICO which is Utrust is listed on this site platform. Which means, I think its not a scam. its not because its new exchange in this industry it is already scam, perhaps its not like that.
Leodalat

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:29:04 PM

For a new exchange, the use of tricks is easy to understand. You should not be so negative about this, they just want to attract the attention of traders, investors. They need to grow
perazdera

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:05:10 PM

For a new exchange, the use of tricks is easy to understand. You should not be so negative about this, they just want to attract the attention of traders, investors. They need to grow

Yeah, they are still small. Biggest trading volume that i sow was around 70 BTC. Compare to the others that is small. They give nice bonuses every day so I do not mind if they want some attention.
Proxik

Activity: 146

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:11:13 PM

Lol this is just a bot, watch NEBL on cryptopia, it is the same there too.

Actually i hate it but theres nothing i can do
ba1amut

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:25:13 PM

bot trading ) not a scam )
GODLIKE

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:47:07 AM

This happens normally on Poloniex. It's a bot setting I think.

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
Timeme

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:48:45 AM

Kucoin has a lot of machine lists on it, and they will automatically swipe the volume, and you need to be aware that this is not a reliable platform
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:49:15 AM

could be a bot trading?

This is what came in my mind. I have seen it happen when I was selling BTC for usdt. lol. definitely no scam here I have seen it happen on every website I've used.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
shiningstar

Activity: 420

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:59:42 AM

Isn't just a bot? There's a lot of bot in exchanges and there must be some in kucoin aswell. Although kucoin is still new but someone can make a trading bot for it and make trades like the one you've described, i've seen plenty of it on other exchange like bittrex or hitbtc so it's nothing new.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: