Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:30:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding?  (Read 4472 times)
ditinhu

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:48:14 PM

You are not wrong to sell fast, it is better to profit than to lose.

So that you can hold the coin longer, let it stop, and do not keep looking at the value of it all the time, expect it to raise the value and sale a lot.

Small profits are better than losses, but with patience you can make better profits.

•  ◢    B L U Z E L L E  |  A decentralized database service for the world's dApps    ◣  •
•  ███████   ANN  Whitepaper   Twitter   Telegram  Medium    Reddit   Github   ███████  •
•  ◥    Pre-register for Token Sale    ◤  •

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NavySeals

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:50:57 PM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

I've been there and it really makes me feel worst if I'm riding those hype makers and just suddenly sold the bitcoins that I hold out of the thinking that it won't go up again. I know it's really upsetting and makes you feel bad but charge to experience. How many times do you think you've done that? In my case, I did that for so many times and by mid year of this year when I saw potential growth of bitcoin, what I do now is I just keep on holding and holding.

It's not that hard, the moral aspect of the situation is important. Everything goes on in our brain. If we can control our brain, we can make ourselves be ready for holdin, selling, trading, mining. Anything you want. Saying this as a holder.
terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:07:27 AM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

I've been there and it really makes me feel worst if I'm riding those hype makers and just suddenly sold the bitcoins that I hold out of the thinking that it won't go up again. I know it's really upsetting and makes you feel bad but charge to experience. How many times do you think you've done that? In my case, I did that for so many times and by mid year of this year when I saw potential growth of bitcoin, what I do now is I just keep on holding and holding.

It's not that hard, the moral aspect of the situation is important. Everything goes on in our brain. If we can control our brain, we can make ourselves be ready for holdin, selling, trading, mining. Anything you want. Saying this as a holder.

How can you control your brain? I've seen many people that are keep on saying that "control yourself" , "control your emotion" and now "control your brain". In reality, when you are in the situation of you are witnessing in front of your eyes that the coin you are holding is dumping, you can't the pressure. You will think about only your losses and will forget about the long term plans that you have set.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:16:35 AM

How can you control your brain? I've seen many people that are keep on saying that "control yourself" , "control your emotion" and now "control your brain". In reality, when you are in the situation of you are witnessing in front of your eyes that the coin you are holding is dumping, you can't the pressure. You will think about only your losses and will forget about the long term plans that you have set.
quite true mate its really hard to do dealing with your emotions, especially when you are witnessing the event, that's the reason we needed to have
enough knowledge with the current situations, so when the trend is falling and we are knowledgeable enough that it will just a temporary movement
then we can skip that first and leave it as we knew that it will bounce back and gains will be ours.

musharaf

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:42:55 AM

If you put all your money into one currency then you will fear of holding but if you put all your money into different altcoins then you will not fear more because from one currency if you get looses the other will bear the loss and then you will also get profits from them. If you hold your money into one currency then the chances of risk is high.

BabyBoss

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:46:04 AM

I experienced about this before even though I don't like to sell my coins I sell it at low price because I have my reasons, and it makes me sad. I feel so regretful knowing that the price of that coins today is so expensive. Sometimes, emotions are not enough reasons to sell it at low price.
terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:56:19 AM

quite true mate its really hard to do dealing with your emotions, especially when you are witnessing the event, that's the reason we needed to have
enough knowledge with the current situations, so when the trend is falling and we are knowledgeable enough that it will just a temporary movement
then we can skip that first and leave it as we knew that it will bounce back and gains will be ours.

Dealing with emotion is the hardest battle that we can be with. If you know the sayings about the hardest enemy is ourselves. Overcoming the fear of holding is one of my weakness before and I can say even up until now. I used to be a weak hand but I'm doing my best just to keep on selling at the peak and gain some profits. But if you do really want to overcome holding one thing you can do is set an amount on what's your preferable gain price for bitcoin or altcoin you hold.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:29:56 AM

You just decide if what are the coins you intend to hold for the long term and for the short term. If you intend to hold the coin for the long term then don't waver even if the price goes down because it will just go back up or you can buy more of it to average down. If you bought a coin to profit for the short term then you can just set a target price to sell or stop loss price if it goes against your trade and if you feel that it has more room for the price to increase then set a trailing stop loss to lock in your profit. Just follow your strategy and stick to it and then adjust if its not effective anymore. You cannot always buy at the bottom and sell at the top.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
/GeertJohan

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:20:27 AM

Don't panic and don't get fear to holding a bitcoin or any altcoins.. You just check the rate every day when a value is getting high just trade it.. another way is just you hold that in more 5 Or 6  years and trade it..
Footmanred

Activity: 213

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:37:01 AM

It's just that everyone realistically understands that there are always people like you, you will sell your savings, in the hope of minimizing losses, they will buy you cheaper at a price, and then wait for a raise, and after such recessions, the volatility and all, the whole secret success.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:47:34 AM

An old adage says "don't put your egg in one basket" this strategy applies for any money making scheme and multiple stream of income. This also applies to holding and investing cryptocurrency, diversify your crypto investment. The problem is you can't have a confidence to some coins that you are going to invest, to be sure just do invest and hold the top 3 or top 5 cryptocurrency in the market to avoid fear of holding, the top cryptocurrency has proven to have a good track record and performance.
JoMarrah Iarim Dan

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:17:39 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2017, 03:26:47 AM by JoMarrah Iarim Dan

Why have fear in holding coins? Fear in holding must not have a place in us. I can say holding has a similarity to saving. If a person knows how to save for sure that person can also hold any kind of coin. The only difference of saving in holding crypto coins is that, the amount of coin you are holding is changing. When the price goes down, it will also goes down but the good thing is when it's price increases then it also increases. Meaning, you do nothing but money increases.

How to overcome?
I say ignore the bad things that makes you doubt holding. Think about the people who already gain by just holding. Think about you will lose nothing when you hold since you're not using the money in something silly. But take note, hold only the coin or coins that has the highest possibility to increase like bitcoin.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 11:52:58 AM

I think you are not afraid of holding but you are not ready to lose your money, so to overcome it is You must be ready to lose your money !
If you are ready for it then you will not be afraid to holding
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:12:00 PM

Mate you should set a target amount to sell your bitcoin to avoid panic selling and also you should need to believed that you are invested in good coin which can gives you profit and do not scared of fluctuation of value specially when dumps happens that is normal in the crypto cureency world because the value is based on demand and supply of coins.

Also mate just invest the amount that you can afford to lose to make your self not scared to lose your capital and also i know that you know the risk of investing in crypto currency.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:26:12 PM

Hello squatz1,

Been there many times!! I am planning to start intra-day trading the crypto markets once I figure out a safe and reliable broker to use with MT4.

I understand the feeling. You take a take trade, making money, now should I exit, but what if it keep going, what if turn around on me, what about the next trade, i will feel like an idot if I miss this trade.

Questions:

1. What is your rule for profit taking?

2. Why is that your rule for profit taking? Do you have any statistically or proven evidence for this profit taking rule?

3. If you have evidence that taking profit early will overall keeping you making money consistently, why be upset when take profit? For example, if I had some type of proof from a back test or some guru trader saying "goodoboy, every trade you take 100 pts and you will make $40K in a year" i will definitely take 100 pts per trade.

You see what I mean. It's not about 1 or 2 trade, it's about consistently doing what's in your rule book for 1000 trades tha will earn you $XX,XXX per year. The rule book can be a gut feeling, dog whisper, paid service, etc. Your job is a trader is to be an unemotional money maker.

I hope that make sense.
such a great advice mate..almost completed what the OP wanted to hear..and it all cleared that BEING A HOLDER MUST HAVE BALLS AND GUTS FOR WHAT YOU WANNA DO..and if your holding bitcoin always believe that kt will recover what ever it takes.for what is always happening so PATIENCE AND TRUST ON YOUR COIN
orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:56:34 PM

All people also same like you mate include me.
Always sell earlier, but you did good, you sell earlier with profit.
The way how to handle it is by getting more experience and learn from a mistake.

DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:06:28 PM

You should think about that you don't have bitcoin to hold onto, or maybe you shouldn't put pressure while holding it, don't stress yourself too much just by thinking about it. You can check the currency once a day and read a news and article, because that's what i'm doing everyday and it's also my way to on holding it.
Kr-sama

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:05:40 PM

You should think about that you don't have bitcoin to hold onto, or maybe you shouldn't put pressure while holding it, don't stress yourself too much just by thinking about it. You can check the currency once a day and read a news and article, because that's what i'm doing everyday and it's also my way to on holding it.
He is not specifically talking about holding bitcoin. He is talking about holding in general. Anyway, yeah I agree with you. You should have control over your emotions. Don't panic sell on little dumps and don't sell when it pumps a little. You should know the value of the coin that you are holding, on what price it is capable of reaching. Have faith on it and don't panic on the little ups and downs on it's price. Look at what it can achieve in the long run.
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:24:04 PM

I think you are not afraid of holding but you are not ready to lose your money, so to overcome it is You must be ready to lose your money !
If you are ready for it then you will not be afraid to holding
[/quot

if afraid of holding then just sell btc and take out Your first money You put in crypto and later just play with profit money...I do that way 3 years ago and no more afraid from losing money.. Wink
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:37:38 PM

I also used to trade just like you OP but I have learnt to not make early exit when you are in profit, cut your loss by selling some during dumps and take profit in different price ranges during pump. Sell only 50% if you will see 2 to 3x pump within 24 hour and hold remaining for another similar jump.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: